Model Professional Tutors

Does anyone know if it beneficial to sign say `model professional` players` to play in probably U18`s &  U23`s , as Tutors` ; despite them not being great players` themselves ?

eg. I can sign say 5 Brazilians for free Model professionals, & it wont matter if they dont get WP`s becuase theyll never play for my 1st team, but will they help my Youth ?

thx in adv

Ig they're not good enough for the senior team it's doubtful the game will allow you to have them tutoring other players as I expect their reputation & squad status will be too low.

Even as model professionals, they might not be entirely happy about not playing any first team football at all.

But yes, it can sometimes be worth signing players if they have a good personality and higher reputation and intended squad status than the players they're intended to tutor, especially if they're in their late 30s and more likely to retire than complain when they don't get much football.

Thanks guys, yes the Brazilians are only 23-26 years old

Ryan Brunt is 26 yo & cheap but might complain - does this stop them being a good tutor?

Problem is Kuyt & Cambiasso both want £7-8k p/w !! & to be my U18 Manager, so I walked away ??

Tutoring needs to match up with all the following criteria:

- Tutors must be over 23, with the exception of the captain who can be under.

- Players can be tutored up until the age of 24.

- Tutees cannot be an established member of the first team (practically speaking this means he's played no more than 75 senior matches).

- Tutor and tutee must share similar positions.

- The tutor must have a higher World Reputation than the tutee.

- Once tutoring has finished, either running its natural course or through being cancelled, there is a "cooling off period" in which the tutor cannot undertake any further tutoring. This is up to about 7 months.

- The tutor must be of at least "Backup" squad status, the tutee must be of "Rotation" or below and have a lower status than the tutor.

- Neither can be injured when tutoring commences.

- Neither can be learning a PPM.

- Players can only Tutor (or be Tutored by) one player at a time.

Remember as well that the whole idea of Tutoring is to pass on favourable personality traits (or PPMs) to help players become more likely to achieve their potential.  So if you want to do that the Tutor needs to have favourable traits in the first place.  This does of course mean that if you use a Tutor with an unfavourable personality, that can also get passed on to the Tutee - so choose wisely.

So if these free players you've found match up to all of this there's nothing to stop you bringing them in if that's how you want to manage things, so long as you're happy to foot the bill and manage their happiness.

12 hours ago, Analog said:

If you are focusing on youth development, yes.  Give them a squad position of backup, and then put them in your B-Team (if you have one).  I signed close to 10 players specifically to use as tutors and only one was upset at not playing.  I don't really care if they are upset as they have to see out their contract regardless, and I'll just replace them with another player when they leave.  

Surely an unhappy tutor should impact negatively on the player being tutored?

If it doesn't I'd say that's exploiting a coding flaw.

2 hours ago, Analog said:

If they are unhappy you can't tutor, but I don't sign tutors for high wages so it's a risk I'm willing to take.  I don't find it impacts squad morale in a serious way though.    @nextqprmanager  Yeah, the result is that after 2-3 seasons you won't have to use that approach nearly as much as your players will have the right personalities by that point, and some may have turned 24 by that point, so you can just use your main squad members as tutors going forward.  You also want to get a HoYD with the best personality possible in your first season (depending on budget, etc.) so that you have to tutor less of your newgens.

Okay thanks , Yes maybe a mistake but I have Mick Halsall HOYD [ contract expires in 6 months ] ; who is not the best, but best I could get at the time

Any ideas of who I could get ?

6 hours ago, Barside said:

Surely an unhappy tutor should impact negatively on the player being tutored?

If it doesn't I'd say that's exploiting a coding flaw.

Not sure the two are mutually exclusive...

As a 'tutor' not playing games you would be angry with the manager/club ... but you could still take a keen interest in helping a younger player progress.

If a Math teacher is after a pay rise and in dispute with the Head ... he doesn't then go and teach the kids that 2+2 is 5.

Having lots of players and staff with "favourable" personalities certainly isn't going to do any harm, so the more the merrier.

However, you can still have decent hidden attributes in players with less obvious personalities, so always read the coach report first.  Also don't forget Determination when thinking about tutoring.  It's possible to have one of these favourable personalities but with low Determination, and Determination is just as important (if not more so).

On 7/27/2017 at 10:12, Analog said:

Last year the 'majority personality' of the squad would affect players who were balanced, or simply different from that majority, but I've found that this year the squad's personality is hard to change.  You can find it on the club info page under "General"

I have seen sparingly "club has had an effect on the player" but yeah it does seem like it's not as frequent (for better or worse).

I do have a question related to that though.  Typically I try to tutor as quickly as possible but I was wondering if it'd be better to wait for some of the "club has had an effect" type of stuff.  I have some decent potential players that have some unfortunate lack of ambition and professionalism. I do have some pretty solid first team mentors but the tutoring never lasts long due to personality differences and I suspect a lot of that is due to their lack of professional/ambition (among possibly other things!).  Maybe I should wait a bit for the squad to have some of an effect on the players and maybe shift some of those values so personalities more align?

• SI Staff
On 27/07/2017 at 17:12, Analog said:

Last year the 'majority personality' of the squad would affect players who were balanced, or simply different from that majority, but I've found that this year the squad's personality is hard to change.  You can find it on the club info page under "General".  

There's a bunch of discussions on it already, but the most important thing for him to have is a good personality.

It's still in there.

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, Analog said:

Yeah, but it seems a lot more difficult to change the overall squad personality.  I still get all the updates about the squad's general character having an effect on player development, but the despite the majority of my squad having professional personalities at this point the squad character is still Ambitious.  I realize there's some level of ambition within each personality type, but last year for example it seemed I was able to change my squad personality from Determined to Professional much quicker.

Squad personality is an aggregate of all the players' personality contributing attributes. To change it you'll need those attributes to aggregate to the personality you desire. If you reckon it's off get a bug post started along with uploading a save to our FTP and we'll take a look.

Archived