GOODBYE 3421 & 3430 FM17.3.`Knap tested with Spurs

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOODBYE 3430 was the best  independently tested tactic over 180 games. The testing has now finished but I self tested GOODVYE DIRECT 3430 and in the sub top category this was better than WOF 3430.

If you have a star fwd not suited to ba a CAM then use 3421. JJOURNEYMAN 3421 also was top 5 in the independent testing.

A lot of users have found BLUE MATTER to be a high scoring Home tactic and can be used with any of above as an away tactic.

Recently posted  with a tip to try

Earlier today I showed a screenshot of zero conceedes in 18 matches as a question in another thread - Someone said I was teasing & someone said the screenshot is fake grin.gif - I documented the rest of the season in my friends Skype Chat - If anyone should be annoyed its him grin.gif

I believe that some of the guys however thought I was about to present a new tactic - I'm gonna dissapoint people if that is the expectation - I am gonna present to you what happened however - I will also tell you the secret or some might call it magic grin.gif

This is the Ajax story continued with Goodbye 3430 - Counter Version - 20/21 season

24 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x285px.
9b2ce0f2290463ccd36aea8767246b73.png

25 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x337px.
62405e35a93375061322f494fbbfced8.png

72 matches won in a row

Click here to view the original image of 800x155px.
769a3c992b1cb100b91f5d45efe9cf44.png

26 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x339px.
a86f89ed22da70c72c5d5c31b8254b72.png

27 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x382px.
956a3c528632eadbc4ec08db01f9103c.png

28 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x279px.
f995d4fe539325016bc1c61c8e17b4ce.png

29 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x371px.
0f0ca2b9c3f5f8a85ccad781759e94d7.jpg

30 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x403px.
44ab05fd0b50002c18481128d50e34f1.jpg

31 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x418px.
a1f1f968ba48f7596dfa7d0d3694d223.png

32 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x452px.
9dbec345d403d499fd6c09c1a1c88dea.png

33 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x502px.
5d969714f0b3503edeb2d5bc70e3bf1d.jpg

34 matches played

Click here to view the original image of 800x510px.
57e143452497d75926a4abed2aecf327.jpg

CH League Final - Stadium Santiago Bernaneu - VS Real Madrid

Click here to view the original image of 800x322px.
b32170fb0b0df0804349537b4b233c43.jpg

Damn so close to go ZERO conceedes in the league - we failed in the end - but somehow it cannot be counted as a fail - We won all trophy's possible - I'll take that and then somebody can try and beat the defensive record in the meantime grin.gif

The Final League Table - Combined

Click here to view the original image of 800x280px.
9a86da9dd8d987845ea52ba0d1611c78.png

So what did I do? - What really was the secret? grin.gif

Training All Season Long - Rinse & Repeat smile.gif

Click here to view the original image of 800x86px.
eff7e38d993b31a0edf79963f5a260c5.png

Normally - I would go team cohesion for the most of it - I only did that in preseason and then the above recipe - which is not really a trick - But keeping it at Tactics might seem a bit weird since I'm already fluid - This is by the way something I also saw back in fm13 other people did - So I went for it - I do feel that if you go either defensive positioning or attacking movement something renders in the match stats and in play - I feel you become worse defensively if you go attacking movement and I feel a bit on edge doing that - if I go defensive positioning which has been my preferred style for a while - I feel solid but my players seems to be inefficient - both styles have negative effects somehow - and I know it sounds really crazy me saying this becourse match preparation shouldn't have that big effect - maybe its just superstition grin.gif - but it worked and I want you to try it and see what happens in your game - atleast for a season smile.gif

This could ofcourse be my 1st 11 that did all this and rendered the match preparation useless anyway smile.gif

1st 11

93454f4ce5e7b9c8d53b2fa1f6735f46.png

Quaia is a tall regent simular to someone Tall and strong smile.gif

Click here to view the original image of 800x307px.
46000068553e9ce1bdb4576db167b21a.png

I like to have quicker BPD left and right - and then a Tall man in the middle with lots of anticipation decision and concentration - bonus if he's quick too.

The others you should know - the star wingback Semedo got sold - so I used Troupee a dutch wingback in game instead - not a big name - but he's ok. I will say though - I have a feeling that you can successfully retrain wingers like Mbappe or someone who is good at finishing and get more goals out of your WB's - you should experiment with that.

Shadows are quality regents no point in showing them - they are decent - To reflect Vietto do better though.

I think the BWM are very important here - Walace is a quality one of those - linking defence and the transition phase very well - I know for a fact though you can be very successful with a creative dlp type in this position and if they have a great longshot I will not say no to that smile.gif

The Dutch League - The Portuguese League and all of the Small Leagues - are ofcourse not the most intimidating with a solid tactic & quality players smile.gif

Guys I apoligize for the teasing - I just wanted to show you the incredible pictures with the 2 goals conceeded in the league - And just to set things straight - this Ajax team conceeded all together in all competitions 7 goals - further they are also still on a winning streak obviously - I don't know how many it is now - didn't count it and I didn't see any updates on it - but we haven't lost so - I'm totally bragging haha! - ####Now that's how to troll####

If you Like This Post (Hypnotizing) - Like It - if you don't - True Colors Revealed grin.gif

Try this with other tactics as well and see what happens

Cheers Guys - Peace

I have seen a post of FC United in the national league win the FA Cup against Arsenal, with GOODBYE, have the screenshot somewhere.

Most consider DIRECT a good away tactic and for goals BLUE MATTER 433, but I still consider GOODBYE 3430 or 3421 the best overall tactics.

Thanks Knap!I use your flexible\standard 3-4-3-0 version with 13 team instructions!!Sk(A),wing back(left/rignt-support),bpd(st-cv-st),bwm(s),bbm(s),ssa(left/rignt-attack),attacking midfielder(support) in the middle!!I use this 1Season in premier league with liverpool and i finish first,go to the final in facup,4-knockoutstage in champions league!!You think the counter 3-4-3-0 is better??Thanks for the advice!Continue the good work!

48 minutes ago, QuickZombie said:

Is it a good idea to add this HB tweak to the 3223 direct goodbye tactic?

i think you should try  if you have a good choice in DM position.

End of the season i think i retrain some defenders in the libero position to try a stopper-libero-stopper

4 minutes ago, knap said:

He does tactics with libero wide target men etc, all the more unusual roles. I know he used one of my tactics with a libero, so can be done.

So if someone uses your tactics and change one role then is ''his '' tactics ? :)

i thought Martino was a FM player (libero) :lol:

Highest scoring tactic id BLUE MATTER 433,so worth a try.

I did some testing by using a rubbish tactic in 1st half so I needed a comeback and found pushing up and going defensive 9look after ball) to be most effective.

On 29/09/2017 at 19:35, knap said:

Strikerless is probably best formation this year.

I still post the usual 4231 451 442 tactics.

sorry to ask, you've probs been asked this millions of times, out of the strikerless tactics you've done which one is the go to tactic, iv been looking and the new strikerless tactics looks like the one's with the half-back...can you include the tactic in a file which one you think it is, cheers :)

GOODBYE 3430 is not the highest scoring tactic, works as an underdog tactic, and still made 108 pts with Barcelona, so still the most balanced tactic. If you prefer the HB role rather than DLP then use the HB, and Spurs is a bit harder test than Barcelona.

15 minutes ago, knap said:

GOODBYE 3430 is not the highest scoring tactic, works as an underdog tactic, and still made 108 pts with Barcelona, so still the most balanced tactic. If you prefer the HB role rather than DLP then use the HB, and Spurs is a bit harder test than Barcelona.

thanks for the reply, the 2 tactics ill be using then is goodbye 3430 from the OP, and the WOF with the HB role, probs 3430 atm  since my team isnt the best yet, once it gets good the WOF with the HB seems the best for a team with stronger players 

• 3 weeks later...

I just use AM as less potential to go wrong and hundreds of team talks would numb the mind more than the Scotch. There are guides and the Ferguson approach but no harm in trying your own approach.

Knap, I've been using 2323 for two seasons, no losts, and the last season this is what I have achieved! for me the best tactic you have.

image.thumb.png.82576e9328e94593b67c8a812e986343.png

The only thing I think is missing is some guidence in terms of player attributes for each position according with players instructions. Finding good SS is challenging.

Great work.

I use attribute masking so no player filters. Also I like a little bit of variety, so with Spurs Lamela, Alli, Eriksen and Kane can all play the SS role (Kane needs a little retaining to SS. I use this with Dulwich Hamlet and you can pick players that work at SS. They do not have to be completely green and I often use players that are red especially at WB. Good players are really all I look for. 

Thanks for reply.

After some time I was able to "transform" Gelson Martins into an great SS. When you look for SS after all the main attribute will always be good finishing, something like 15 or over, right? 

• 1 month later...

Well, you Sir are a genius, I've switched to this and gone about 20 games without a defeat.

How can WOF give such poor results (for a 'lesser team') for so little changes, Also its hard to figure out the AI, Like I mentioned before we came second in the league, and we finished in semi final of champions league, and still WOF isn't a valid tactic?

Maybe FM17 is more player ability oriented, then I thought.

If I win the league with this tactic, My question is will I have to change to WOF, Or wait until my squad improved. Judging by the success of this tactic, I believe in the latter.

GOODBYE will work for top sides.

If you get to Barcelona level then I did a specific tactic GOODBYE 4231 although FM 17 BLUE MATTER was top scorer with 177 goals in 38 games.

Could try these other  tactics in home games if not getting results at home.