Transfer budget money to team overall account

Paschalis

Hey guys,

Just an idea. I am into the 15th year in the game and I have come up against some sort of a financial anomaly. 

My transfer budget amount is around 650 million but my team overall account close to 300 million. That is because the team decided to buy a stadium and clear debt, all at once. Therefore the overall account dropped while the transfer budget stayed the same. 

Considering I have reached a stage where the team is doing fantastic every year, the wage budget and yearly costs are enormous and that could lead the team to bankruptcy. 

Wouldn't it be great if there was a request to the board to move some of the money from the transfer budget to the team's overall account so to balance the books? It kinda looks silly to me to go bankrupt with all that money in your transfer budget left.

Thanx for taking the time to read this!

That's not how a budget works. If you would spend the 650 million of your transfer budget, it would come out of the 300 million bank balance plus another 350 million will be needed, so you will go into massive debt.

OP, I think you have misunderstood something. @eriktous is on the right track - your transfer budget is not separate from your club's balance (what you call the "overall account").

Your transfer budget is simply the maximum that the board will allow you to spend on transfers. In some cases, this can be over the club's balance.

Your club's balance is how much money the club has in the bank at the present moment.

Spending part or all of your transfer budget will affect your club's balance accordingly, as you are spending the club's money. Increasing the transfer budget will not reduce the club balance, and decreasing the transfer budget will not have the opposite effect.

I hope that's cleared it up for you, @Paschalis.

Thanx guys,

However, I am completely aware of how things work regarding the team's bank balance and transfer budget. I have been playing the game forever.

What I say is, that the 650 million become almost useless when your bank balance is allowing only half to be spent and that already can actually drive your team into massive debt. It is like a virtual number as you cant really spent it.

I call it an anomaly as usually it would make sense for the books to be balanced accordingly.

On 2/14/2017 at 03:03, Paschalis said:

Thanx guys,

However, I am completely aware of how things work regarding the team's bank balance and transfer budget. I have been playing the game forever.

What I say is, that the 650 million become almost useless when your bank balance is allowing only half to be spent and that already can actually drive your team into massive debt. It is like a virtual number as you cant really spent it.

I call it an anomaly as usually it would make sense for the books to be balanced accordingly.

what will happen is the club will take out loans to fund this so what you are saying is correct

the club will allow you to mega overspend

it is happening to me in a test save(but I removed FFP pre game and thought that was the reason ) just been given 420m transfer kitty but clubs' debts are soaring, it was 300m last year now 450m

as you say there should be the option of discussing with board paying off some of the debts

there is no business sense in it all ...if I win everything the money that would generate would come nowhere near covering the transfers let alone the debt, totally unrealistic and the future projection is for a transfer increase over the next 3 years nearly 500m 

any business would pay of the debts and this should be catered for in game

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 14:03, Paschalis said:

Thanx guys,

you don't get it... you can spend it ... its a budget!!!

you can go into negative balance ...

you have 300m in the bank... if you spend 650m on transfers.. you will have -350m in the bank (forgetting bonus, wages, sign on fees and agents etc)

its the same as your bank overdraft just on a much larger scale.

Also worth mentioning that budgets take into account future income so the 350m bank balance is increased due to teh revenue made during the seasons such as TV money, sponsorship, prize money, gate receipts & player sales.

10 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

you don't get it... you can spend it ... its a budget!!!

you can go into negative balance ...

you have 300m in the bank... if you spend 650m on transfers.. you will have -350m in the bank (forgetting bonus, wages, sign on fees and agents etc)

its the same as your bank overdraft just on a much larger scale.

I think he gets it totally

its you that isnt he wants to be able to have the option to pay of some of the debt getting a budget like that in the circumstances is unrealistic but hey ho its a game lets not get hung up on issues like this

On 2/17/2017 at 09:28, westy8chimp said:

no clubs do that - no business does that. they do the opposite they get into debt. any spare cash in most business is invested. This is basic ...

arsenal????

so following your logic the club is giving me an excessive budget which if I use will in a season or too have implications such as FFP possibly leading to a massive slump in revenue and god knows what after that

and you think that is realistic

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 20:32, kingrobbo said:

arsenal????

so following your logic the club is giving me an excessive budget which if I use will in a season or too have implications such as FFP possibly leading to a massive slump in revenue and god knows what after that

and you think that is realistic

no different from buying a house. you have say 50k cash in the bank... but your budget might be up to half a million... you take a loan debt to buy an asset. Players are assets.

Nope not the same the bank gives you the cash once you prove you can pay the loan off 

If not they take the asset ie the house

Here the club is giving me way way too much, more than it can afford running up major debt and even if i win everything the prize money wont cover the extra in loan payments 

In 3 years club would be bankrupt

So totally flawed and unrealistic as so many things are. After all it's only a game

• 9 months later...

Archived