[FM17] Editing the Continue button

Alexpuk2002

I am trying to edit the continue button in the game so that the button uses the primary colour and the Continue text uses the secondary colour. I have edited the button xml in graphics/buttons/custom/interface/continue and changed the red_replacement to primary which has done what I wanted. The issue I am having is that I can't find how to edit the text from white to the secondary colour. Below is a screenshot of how it looks with a team that plays in white.

compressed.png

Is there a way I can edit the text to show the secondary colour, which for this team would be red

I have tried finding some other threads on this and haven't really been able to find much information about changing the continue text. It is a shame really as the button and the icon next to the continue text can be edited to secondary and primary colours but the text cannot. I did see in the settings.xml file that there is a colour code for the continue text but after editing that a couple of times, the text remained white.

Ive definitely changed the continue text in the Aurum Skin, when in normal screens the continue button itself is good, with the text being a grey/black colour.

however, in the match screens the text is always white and I couldn't change it.

not at laptop so can't remember exactly but changing the settings colour for the continue button did do something

5 minutes ago, m@rk said:

Ive definitely changed the continue text in the Aurum Skin, when in normal screens the continue button itself is good, with the text being a grey/black colour.

however, in the match screens the text is always white and I couldn't change it.

not at laptop so can't remember exactly but changing the settings colour for the continue button did do something

Yup it can be changed to any color, but the problem is making it always teams secondary color than just one standard color

I did try that same thing in that section, putting secondary color countless times also putting font spec in button.xml and in settings.xml... it is wasting my time now I have to move on..

Normally, I thought of how the date text and titlebar text is possible and why not continue.. I have looked the titlebar search panel and current game widget panel and I saw that they use, the code below which is easier to recolor it primary, secondary or any color

<widget class="text" id="dtam" auto_size="none" size="normal" alignment="centre_x, bottom" style="semi_bold" colour="secondary" height="16"/>
<widget class="text" id="sect" alignment="left, bottom" size="xlarge" style="semi_bold" multiline="false" height="22" wants_mouse_events="false" dont_give_default_focus="true" colour="secondary">

But continue doesn't have that kind of widget text, if so, it could have been easier. Presumably, they may that kind of widget text missing and we can't know the id.

3 minutes ago, Wells said:

@wkdsoul Yup, i did.. it didn't change anything.

Damn, might be worth having a look through the 14-16 skin screenshots on fmscout see if anyone shows it done... some skin makers drop in and out, so might not be around this  year.

Try adding this:

<!-- Continue Button -->
  <widget class="button" text="Continue" id="GCNT" appearance="button/continue/button" alignment="centre" font="fonts/continue" size="11" width="125">
    <record id="click_event" event_id="CONT" event_target="glob"/>
    <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ctcl" set_property="colr"/>
    <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" set_property="disa">
      <list id="value">
        <integer value="-8"/>
        <integer value="-5"/>
      </list>
    </attachment>
    <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="cont" set_property="hidn">
      <list id="value">
        <integer value="-14"/>
        <integer value="-13"/>
        <integer value="-7"/>
      </list>
    </attachment>

<!-- match play text -->
    <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="cttx" set_property="text"/>
    <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ctht" set_property="hint"/>
  </widget>

4 hours ago, Wells said:

Don't have vitrex skin in my laptop but does it color to secondary color for the continue text?

We had it yes. But it was a workaround, which is not perfect, but may do it for you: Change the continue button graphic to red text saying contiune, and tell the config file to recolour it to secondary. In the continue.xml under generic, you will have to set the size og the text to 0.1, so the default "Continue" text will not be visible (as you can't take it away unfortunately). 

6 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

We had it yes. But it was a workaround, which is not perfect, but may do it for you: Change the continue button graphic to red text saying contiune, and tell the config file to recolour it to secondary. In the continue.xml under generic, you will have to set the size og the text to 0.1, so the default "Continue" text will not be visible (as you can't take it away unfortunately). 

I don't know if you've noticed Dimitri, but we skinners are getting thinner and thinner and less knowledgeable by the year due to SI's constant limitations (and they are getting worse) by the year.

6 hours ago, Qemyst said:

I don't know if you've noticed Dimitri, but we skinners are getting thinner and thinner and less knowledgeable by the year due to SI's constant limitations (and they are getting worse) by the year.

Or people are having families and have less time to edit skins.

To blame it on SI is ridiculous, there are limitations but this game has by far the most customizable UI.

Yes but the fact there are less and less able skinners these days points towards the fact that when people are quitting skinning for family etc there arent many people coming behind and filling the void. Skinning is a hell of a lot less flexible now than it was even 3-4 years ago. More and more things are being hardcoded.

You need to remove this line from the panels\generic\continue.xml file:

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ctcl" set_property="colr" />

Should be ~line 24 and then add the colour="primary" red_replacement="secondary" or what values you want to the various icon_button widget bits of code, there is a different widget for each state the continue button can be in, also if you do this for the match screens it will take on the competition colours as that is what it reads.

I did a quick test and couldn't see any problems with removing this line, however you might want to do a full test just to make sure it didn't break something.

36 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You need to remove this line from the panels\generic\continue.xml file:

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ctcl" set_property="colr" />

Should be ~line 24 and then add the colour="primary" red_replacement="secondary" or what values you want to the various icon_button widget bits of code, there is a different widget for each state the continue button can be in, also if you do this for the match screens it will take on the competition colours as that is what it reads.

I did a quick test and couldn't see any problems with removing this line, however you might want to do a full test just to make sure it didn't break something.

That did the trick.. :)

Archived