FM17 training happiness

Is training just trial and error? I've always left the majority of training to my staff; I just set up individual training for each player and that's usually enough to see them all happy.

I can't help feeling detached from it though, I want to be involved hands-on with training but I can't get it right. My 1st team squad are all happy but everyone else is "unhappy with the high team training workload...", but I don't want to reduce it as the main squad will surely suffer seeing as they are happy with the current level.

I've had a good look and there are so many vague threads about training that I can't home in on a perfectly understandable one detailing how to set it up successfully. If someone could explain it to me or even link a couple of threads that I should read it would be greatly appreciated.

Following since I would be interested in getting more details as well.

Currently I set my team training to average that puts my players on heavy workload and I just ignore the bitching. But I'm just not sure if putting everyone on a heavy workload is still the best way to improve their stats anymore...

I was also wondering if either Work Rate or their Personality had an infulence of their willingness to train harder. But it doesn't seem like it, since ambitious players with a hight work rate complain while casual players with a lower WR are fine with the heavy workload.

I'm think that the players personality will have a huge influence here, for example a model pro wouldn't complain on "Very heavy" Training, but some of my players with more balanced personalities would complain when it is set on High. This is just in my experience though so nothing concrete, but it makes sense that better professionals will work far harder without complaints.

Try to improve the personalities in your squads using older players like Kuyt or Gilardinho, both are model Pro's and excellent tutors.

After getting through the pre-season period I drop my intensity from high to average, tweaking sometimes to low if we have a busy schedule that week AKA 3 games in a short space of time etc. I believe a general mix of average & low workload throughout the season has good results. reducing intensity at heavier periods of the season also reduces chances of squad players picking up injuries etc.

General rule of thumb for me is high in pre-season on Fitness then switch to average/low on Team Cohesion depending on that weeks workload of games. 

Those complaining of High Training workloads are just simply lacking the professionalism stat (and are whiny ponces). They will struggle to reach their potential if they're young and thus you need to get tutoring. 

Can you list those complaining and their personality and media handling descriptions? 

42 minutes ago, NoTekkersRB said:

Those complaining of High Training workloads are just simply lacking the professionalism stat (and are whiny ponces). They will struggle to reach their potential if they're young and thus you need to get tutoring. 

Can you list those complaining and their personality and media handling descriptions? 

Here are my complainers.

71e1deef74e1403a8be271ee12914357.png

I'm playing at level 22 / Division 9 in England and I hope that I will get promoted pretty regularly. So I don't know if I should even bother with tutoring since I guess the players will be in and out of my squad rather quickly.

Thanks.

I'm surprised about Beeney and the Leader description but the rest aren't surprising. That Casual player needs shooting to be honest! :D Have a read of this 

I think it's largely still applicable to quite a few personalities. Your guys over 24 will struggle to get better anyway, so them moaning shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you are looking to develop the 17 year olds get tutors to improve their hidden professionalism stats but as you said,  there may not be any point.

45 minutes ago, NoTekkersRB said:

Thanks.

I'm surprised about Beeney and the Leader description but the rest aren't surprising. That Casual player needs shooting to be honest! :D Have a read of this 

I think it's largely still applicable to quite a few personalities. Your guys over 24 will struggle to get better anyway, so them moaning shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you are looking to develop the 17 year olds get tutors to improve their hidden professionalism stats but as you said,  there may not be any point.

Thanks, I've already had a look at it before and I might start to tutor some young players as soon as I get some decent ones. At the moment I can't find any, and my filters are down to at least 5. Gotta keep even the casual guy for now, even if it's just as a benchwarmer. Gotta keep them benches warm, right? ;)

Archived