[FM17] Rosenborg BK: Young legends with impressive moustaches and leather vests!

the--dud

Just re-reading the thread and I've noticed the striker I signed for Hammarby on my save isn't a regen at all it's Erling Haland.  He's just became first choice in my current season due to a long term injury to Jordan Larsson and is doing really well

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nozzer said:

Just re-reading the thread and I've noticed the striker I signed for Hammarby on my save isn't a regen at all it's Erling Haland.  He's just became first choice in my current season due to a long term injury to Jordan Larsson and is doing really well

Nice, he's got fantastic potential! :D I strongly urge you to check out Marius Lundemo and Hou Sæter. 

3 hours ago, the--dud said:

Nice, he's got fantastic potential! :D I strongly urge you to check out Marius Lundemo and Hou Sæter. 

Almost got Lundemo in my first season then again when he was on a free transfer in my current season but failed both times.  Hou Saeter has made a big move to one of the stronger European leagues so he is out of my reach. 

I wonder if Haland's potential is a bit random as mine has barely any room left to grow and he isn't as good as yours.  I'm happy with him like, superb player

11 minutes ago, Nozzer said:

Almost got Lundemo in my first season then again when he was on a free transfer in my current season but failed both times.  Hou Saeter has made a big move to one of the stronger European leagues so he is out of my reach. 

I wonder if Haland's potential is a bit random as mine has barely any room left to grow and he isn't as good as yours.  I'm happy with him like, superb player

I think Håland has a variable PA probably yes (-8 or -9 is my guess). For me personally his development fell a little short of what I had hoped for me. He landed on 3 stars at 20 years old. I was hoping to get maybe 4* or even 4,5* from him but he fell a little short...

Here is the "final product": Erling Håland. I mean he's still pretty great but I was hoping he'd become a real super star.

40 minutes ago, the--dud said:

I think Håland has a variable PA probably yes (-8 or -9 is my guess). For me personally his development fell a little short of what I had hoped for me. He landed on 3 stars at 20 years old. I was hoping to get maybe 4* or even 4,5* from him but he fell a little short...

Here is the "final product": Erling Håland. I mean he's still pretty great but I was hoping he'd become a real super star.

I can't access my game at the moment but I think my Haland is slightly faster but yours is better mentally , I would actually prefer your Haland to mine haha.  I use him as a TM(S) usually but he is currently filling in as an Advanced Forward due to injury

They have another regen I've been interested in, looks a great BWM but I need to wait till I have a non swede place in my squad before I can go in for him.  He isn't getting many games at Rosenborg so I'm hoping less than 1m will get the job done

2021/2022 Mid-Season Update

8JFyPaN.jpg

Trucking along, dominating the league - the usual in other words...

MyKLUYA.jpg

There has been some very exciting developments however!

1. We're now able to hold on to our best players! I can now reject offers from large clubs without the player crying about wanting to leave for a better team/league reputation. This is HUGE because it means I can actually build a team!
  2. Marcelo José is turning into a super star! He has 18 goals and 3 assists in 12 appearances and he's been capped by the Brazilian senior national team. I think he's actually better than Kingsley Abah at this point...
  3. We signed a Turkish wonderkid AMC for £17.25m! This kid looks absolutely insane so I decided to splash some serious cash. The kind of cash that (in real life) would be 15 years of transfer budget for a Norwegian club ;) 

Atilla Yıldırım (who knew Turkey has a weird dotless ı? I prefer to simply call him Atilla!)

8Ij36O2.jpg

Rosenborg BK is now ranked #19 on the UEFA coefficient rankings (in real life ranked #115)

yTWDwv3.jpg

For the Champions League 2021 review we were ranked as "Biggest Overachievers".

S5wQlgH.jpg

Finally I'd like to highlight Preben Gaasø, a youth intake player in 2018 who's become an exceptionally well-rounded and clinical striker who can also play as AMC Trequartista.

FpEF271.jpg

8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Marcelo Jose is insane.

What can I say? I love finding and developing wonderkids! :D But yes he's absolutely world class!

(I updated the post with more info by the way...)

(Check out Atilla too, he's not half bad is he?!?)

Read the whole thread, I was excited reading the first post and seeing your long-term plans as I love saves like these - focusing on youth but still being active in the transfer market. Some fantastic trades throughout the years, I'm curious - what's your club valued at right now? It should be in hundreds of millions right?

Good luck with the upcoming CL campaign, will be following!

30 minutes ago, TIR669 said:

Read the whole thread, I was excited reading the first post and seeing your long-term plans as I love saves like these - focusing on youth but still being active in the transfer market. Some fantastic trades throughout the years, I'm curious - what's your club valued at right now? It should be in hundreds of millions right?

Good luck with the upcoming CL campaign, will be following!

Thanks for the kind words! It's still a really fun save.

The club value is "only" £91m. I've been getting the board to invest in facilities and we're also expanding the stadium to 30,000. The value should rise much more in the next few years  I imagine! 

For comparison the 2nd and 3rd best Norwegian clubs are valued at £17.25m and £7.5m respectively...

1 minute ago, the--dud said:

What, they don't like world class players with kickass names on the Faroe Islands? :lol:

Naw, we're happy with 22 guys namer Petersen or Jacobsen who've recently discovered the ball foot sports dealie.

VG0r24u.jpg

Aaaand we're off to a fantastic start in Europe! :D :brock:

WDlBqDN.jpg

First half was a very evenly matched one with very few chances. At the end of the first half Dortmund scored but we responded very quickly.

Second half we scored two wonderful goals and from there on we had the game under our complete control.

What's also noticeable is that this is the first time in Europe that I've sent out the team using the same exact formation we use in the league! Usually in Europe I've pulled the AMC down to DM and played Counter mentality. Sometimes I've even played two DM and only one MC. This time however we went 4-2-3-1 Control as we use in the league ;) 

If I were to be very cynical I'd maybe admit that this isn't the strongest Dortmund generation I've ever seen but regardless they are a very strong team.

10 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

If Atilla doesn't have his first name only on the back of hiskit, I'll be disappointed.

I think he does yes :D His name is actually "Atilla Yıldırım" but I set his nickname to just "Atilla" as it's way cooler :brock: I thought about setting his nickname to "Atilla the Hun" but I figured that was a bit too much... The fans probably call him that but we can't have that on his shirt!

Just now, the--dud said:

I think he does yes :D His name is actually "Atilla Yıldırım" but I set his nickname to just "Atilla" as it's way cooler :brock: I thought about setting his nickname to "Atilla the Hun" but I figured that was a bit too much... The fans probably call him that but we can't have that on his shirt!

You definitely have to come up with (and then record) some rowdy fan chants for him.

8 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

You definitely have to come up with (and then record) some rowdy fan chants for him.

As the manager of Rosenborg BK I couldn't possibly reproduce, or even acknowledge,  the kind of chants our supporters may, or may not, have for our players! :p

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Starting to pick up some brilliant players now, might be enough to push you into the later European stages.

Thanks! I agree the club seems to have kicked up a gear or two these past two seasons ;)

I'm doing an end-of-season update shortly but I simply had to share this amazing player my scouts found!

jQzFbRk.jpg

Look at this guy! :D How he's not moved to Europe yet I cannot understand! He's played the past 6 seasons in Mexico and 34 caps for Peru... I want this guy so bad but I think he'll be too expensive honestly :( 

2021/2022 End-of-Season Review

PkWlhCy.jpg

We won the league, as usual. We also scored 104 goals in 30 games :D 

CmluTF7.jpg

1EZIWfR.jpg

We did what was required in our Champions League group - we qualified 2nd behind Manchester City. We weren't amazing in every game but we had some memorable victories for sure.

ioBJIYP.jpg

Top 10 players ranked by goals scored:

gWrJm0Y.jpg

Marcelo José leads the pack with 33 goals and 19 assists - what a player he is! ;) Our academy product Preben Gaasø also bagged 16 goals and 8 assists. Our new signing Atilla got 12 goals and 4 assists (+ highest average rating!) in his first season!

Ha! Did you see the video where they showed him his fifa UT card? It was a 3rd tier card and he was all, "yeah, that's fair, pretty good, happy", but also he had 99 strength and was the strongest player in the game and he lost his mind like he won the lotto and world cup. :lol:

RqkVlUR.jpg

Should be an interesting tie! I'm a little doubtful we can squeeze past Chelsea but looking at their team it's not the most impressive squad I've ever seen. They're 5th in the Premier League with 16 games done... Maybe, who knows?

Yobz80F.jpg HCFDQLF.jpg 9919kRO.jpg

Also leave me alone guys! :eek: This is a one-club challenge don't you understand FM?!?

Also our stadium expansion is finally done! :D 

r1fK334.jpg

I really wish I could afford to sign that Javier Leon but I've got no chance :( I'd love to see him destroy the Norwegian league though... Maybe I could unsettle him over time... 

qZ9SfX7.jpg

Yeaaaaah I'm gonna go ahead and say this probably won't happen :seagull::lol:

Wonderful Wonderkids Watch!

tVbxbxo.jpg

Marcelo is a wonderful player. Best player at our club by a country mile :)

yltEliv.jpg

I've been slowly trying to retrain Luiz David as a BWM and he's starting to look real good!

J9KKJP3.jpg

Atilla (the Hun!) is a beast of course. A quick and agile beast of a player.

jlPRXRQ.jpg

Blomqvist has aways to go until he's world-class but bags of potentials. Great physicals, room for improvement on technical and mental...

3 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Ah, Norway... the destination of my greatest ever save. You're really finding some incredible players now, fingers crossed you can kick on in Europe. 

Thanks :D I'm very positive for the coming season, just hope I can squeeze by Chelsea... It will be hard but not impossible, it's not the most impressive Chelsea edition I've ever seen! 

Archived