Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (ULTIMATE CARNAGE VERSION) for FM16 (16.3.2) high scoring + plug & play

Right, I've deleted a couple of my other tactics as this one is quite simply better. It's a revamped version of my STEROID ABUSE tactic but now with more control, more goals scored and less conceded plus the football on display is a joy to behold. Such a shame it had to come so late in the day........ but as they say, better late than never. I've tested it over a season and a bit. Used it in my second season in the Premier League with Wycombe. Media prediction was 20th but finished 6th. Following season, media prediction is 10th but have started like a house on fire. First 22 games, winning 18 and drawing 4 and scoring loads, whilst conceding very few. Yet to concede more than one goal in a game using the tactic usage formula detailed further down............

3fb424e0ae.jpg

FORMATION

3b97fe7e38.jpg

PLAYERS REQUIRED

Wing Backs – Same as all previous versions........ these guys are the key players in the team as a lot of the attacking play revolves around their ability to get forward and whip in dangerous crosses so good crossing ability is a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness, as will good dribbling ability. Set their training focus to 'crossing' unless it is already high, in which case set it to 'dribbling'..... the better their dribbling and crossing ability, the more effective the tactic!

PPM to set (in order of importance)......... 1) gets forward whenever possible......... 2) hugs line.

Training focus - crossing or dribbling if that is lower.

Centre Backs - There's a regular centre back in both DCR and DCL positions. One must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap.

PPM to set......... stays back at all times.

MCR – Sits in front of the back four and sweeps up most of the opposition clearances. His ability to win the ball in the middle of the park allows the the front 4 plus both wing backs and RPM to operate in a highly attacking manner. Also offers a passing option as he's always unmarked. When it's played to him, he's on the lookout to distribute to the RPM or wing backs when they make their runs forward. Must have a high work rate as he'll be charging around, picking up all the loose balls and closing down attackers. A defensively sound, hard working player...... Schneiderlin being perfect for this role.

PPM to set......... stays back at all times. If he has a PPM of 'gets forward whenever possible', make sure to untrain/discourage that first.

Training focus - 'passing' if less than 13, otherwise to 'tackling' or 'positioning'.

Roaming Playmaker (RPM) - The man who drives the team forward with his creativity. He'll look to play the wing backs in at every opportunity and generally dictate play from the middle of the park. The man of the match award is usually a three horse race between him and both wing backs. Will run with the ball whilst looking for options so must be a semi decent dribbler, minimum 13 in the top division.

PPM to set......... 'switch ball to other flank'. Arrives late at the edge of the area and receives plenty of pull backs so if he has long shot ability of 13+, then 'shoots with power' and 'shoots from distance'.

Training focus - dribbling.

AMC - This guy should be all about attacking prowess without having to worry about defensive attributes. Needs to be a decent finisher as the striker will hold the ball up, then put him through on goal for a one on one.

PPM to set......... gets into opposition area.

Training focus  - finishing or composure.

Inside Forwards – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is important. Also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates. Left footer on the right flank and right footer on the left flank.

PPM to set......... 1) gets into opposition area...... 2) cuts inside from x flank.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Wingers work just as well as Inside Forwards so just use these players in whichever role they are more suited to. The thing to remember is that IFs must be inverted foot only and Wingers must be regular foot only, if that makes sense.

Complete Forward – Comes deep to receive the ball, then uses his strength to hold up play while the amc and inside forwards make their runs, then looks to play them in. A strong target man type player is best for this role and if he has a good jump reach then that will be perfect as he can then make the most of the tonnes of crosses fired in by the wing backs.

PPM to set......... likes to try to beat offside trap, but only if he is quick.

Training focus - strength.

If you don't have a Complete Forward with 7/10 in the green 'role suitability' circle, then a Deep Lying Forward or Defensive Forward can be used. Just make sure to set them on support duty.

TACTIC USAGE

I use the tactic usage formula below, making no changes to team mentality until half-time, unless we go 2 goals down, in which case I'll switch immediately to control and keep it there for the rest of the game or if I take the lead I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend duty. If I'm leading by the odd goal at half-time, I'll drop the mentality one notch or if I'm anticipating a tough second half then I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend.

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds.........

Favourite (home) - Control

Favourite (away) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (home) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (away) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (home) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (away) - Contain & switch both wing backs to defend duty.

Cup finals or other matches at neutral venues should be treated as home games.

If you need to protect a lead and the priority is to avoid conceding, switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty (credit to Sabine for this tip, which works very well). I prefer not to do this until half-time at the earliest. Needless to say, if the objective changes and you need to score, don't forget to revert them back to attack duty when upping the mentality.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Never go higher than Control as I find Attacking and Overload mentalities counter productive (too many wasted passes and shots from ridiculous angles and distances).

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both wing backs and MC must have a high work rate (minimum 14 in the top division).

2. Both wing backs must have good crossing ability (minimum 12).

3. Every player must have at least 7/10 in the green suitability circle.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AND TEAM TALKS

I let the assistant manager deal with OI's and also team talks as I'm playing the Touch version of the game where you can't do team talks yourself. Obviously, if you know what you're doing then would be better to do team talks yourself, although I would leave OI'S to the ass man. You need a decent one though so make sure he has high attributes for Tactical Knowledge, Judging Player Ability and Motivating.

FURTHER INFORMATION/ADVICE

The Striker and both CB's must NOT be on corner taking duty plus inswinging corners only.

As soon as a player picks up a booking, manually set him to 'ease off tackles' in order to avoid a second yellow. Front 4 are set to this by default.

If you have a player sent off, sacrifice the AMC.

Do not buy an MC or wing backs with poor work rate, they're not compatible with this tactic. I had Carrick at Man Utd with a 'work rate' rating of 11..... got rid straight away.

For your best free-kick takers, set their PPM to 'tries long range free kicks' as the default setting is to float the ball into the box, even when there's a clear scoring opportunity with a direct shot. Once this PPM is acquired, they won't waste such opportunities.

FINAL WORD

This is my best tactic for FM 16. It's a simple matter of evolution. Initially it was STEROID ABUSE, then STEALTH BOMBER but  I can confidently say this trumps both of those..................... Download and use it and if you don't love it then it comes with a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE...... can't get fairer than that!! :D

Franky's ULTIMATE CARNAGE Tactic for FM16 (16.3.2)_DE45535C-CDC1-4A36-8021-86FD1BB08499.fmf

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, tactic is finally here. It's a revamped version of my STEROID ABUSE tactic but now with more control, more goals scored and less conceded plus the football on display is a joy to behold. Such a shame it had to come so late in the day........ but as they say, better late than never. I've tested it over a season and a bit. Used it in my second season in the Premier League with Wycombe. Media prediction was 20th but finished 6th. Following season, media prediction is 10th but have started like a house on fire, winning the first 10 games and scoring loads, whilst conceding very few. Please try it and do leave feedback..... thanks :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived