If at first you don't succeed, blame the game and try again - A San Marino Youth Challenge 2.0

Bedese

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Jupjamie - You can go into all your posts, click edit, then click save and the pictures should reappear. At least that worked for me ;)

Ah hah. Cheers mate, I'll probably do that tomorrow morning while I'm still waking up :D 

1 minute ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

How was the money you go from those games? Good job vs PSV regardless, looks like you'll be winning those in a few years.

I think it's something like 500k in the CL Third Round and 164k in the Europa Playoff? I'm really not sure, but we'll probably be in them again next year, so I'll take pictures then :)

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Marco Simoncini (YP73) - 8.14

He's gotten off to a fine start as a starting CM.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Podeschi (YP58) - 42

42 goals in 36 is unreal. He's a god.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Alejandro Jiménez (YP72)

He did fantastically as our starting LB.

Aims for Next Season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

League winners: :D

Cup winners: :D

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Celtic in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to PSV In the Playoff, Virtus lost on away goals to Mladost from Montenegro, Murata lost 5-0 to Omonia from Cyprus and La Florita lost 6-0 to Austria Wien.

San Marino National Team:

2043 Results --------------- 2044 Results

Seems to have been a good year against the Asian teams. A draw with Cyprus is pretty impressive, too.

2b72969b1118c3f49c5690a0bcfa7ba1.png

There goes the pink hair and all his terrible brilliance. He was never good but always had the best ratings, because he was the creative force we relied on for chances. He leaves having played 274 goals, scoring 34 times, getting 41 assists, 54 MOTMs and an average rating of 7.86. Not bad. For someone with pink hair.

7639446a1b3ade0db92eee9afc0cd6b3.png

They're Italian, so obviously they're going to be formidable, but I don't care. I've got a lot of (likely misplaced) confidence for this one, so let's do it!

(And when we do get inevitably destroyed 8-0, it's only a short trip back to San Marino).

Youth Intake Day!

377ee9cbc0252a0fdefcdf8717216487.png

fa4af7c299258cf3b8a437fdcb540efd.png

He looks great at first - and gets worse and worse the more you look. Good technicals and some good mentals and 5* potential! But he's got 3 composure, and he's only 5'11. No problem, I can just move him to FB, right? Nope. 5 acceleration, 8 pace. 5'11 wouldn't be so bad, but you just can't have a CB with 5 jumping. He's really not good enough on the ball to move to midfield (and I don't use a DM anyway), but he's not fast enough to play FB and too small to play CB. I don't have a clue what to do with him. I guess just keep him at CB, buy him a trampoline and some springs and hope?

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Marco Simoncini (YP73) - 8.13

The CM... reverse curse, I guess? Strikes again.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Podeschi (YP58) - 34

He's so good!

Matteo Casadei (YP61)

He compliments Podeschi very nicely.

Aims for Next Season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup winners: Faetano beat us in the final.

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Red Bull Salzburg in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Sassuolo In the Playoff. Tre Fiori lost 6-0 to Debrecen from Hungary, La Florita lost 7-0 to Mlada Boleslav from the Czech Republic and Cosmos lost 6-0 to Trnava from Slovakia.

2044 Results --------------- 2045 Results

That's a poor performance in a pretty easy group.

088c4eb165176b8b391f540ebda77934.png

New HOYD! He's a little better than our old guy with a better personality, so I've gone for it even though his wages are extortionate and he's got a 25% yearly wage rise. HOYD is the one position I'm not afraid to splash the cash on.

09c764c1f698843b5a06f555b8fc2225.png

What? No! Damnit, Pepe, were you not listening to anything I told you at our meeting? No signings. I trusted you, Pepe...

0cd68e0b5922ed1412d67dcbb1e0629b.png

This is one of the weakest Third Round pots I've ever seen. Celtic and Young Boys will destroy us, but I like my chances against the other three. Please be kind to us, FM...

9efd7c89a778d41d8f7462971a87946d.png

Game on! I'd have rather played Bratislava, but I'm not going to complain about this. We have a shot! (As soon as we get past Airbus).

Youth Intake Day!

0cda688dd2574b2e6911efb3de6c8c35.png

a50e471312aac3b9c2d8d8f9a814cc6a.png

Hold on... is anyone else getting a little sense of Déja vu? A 5* potential CB who has some very good starting stats, but he's small, he's not quick, and he's not great on the ball. Hmm.

With that said, that might not be such a bad thing. I think I should probably show you how Gentile is doing for himself...

fa4af7c299258cf3b8a437fdcb540efd.png

Here he is last youth intake day. Not great. Here he is a year later:

92c5eed95de05bcfb007c626183cd571.png

INSANE!

I've never seen anyone develop that quickly, ever. I gave him first team football while I was on holiday to try and get him up a little bit, but I didn't expect him to develop like this. His personality + first team exposure has made a huge difference. Oh, and the steroids I slipped in his water. As long as they don't drug test in San Marino, we're golden. He's now tall enough to play CB (but still 6 jumping, ugh), potentially fast enough to play FB, and comfortable on the ball enough to play as a DM if we used one. I think I'm going to use him as a CB for now. I wonder how much more he'll develop?

So yeah, back to Giardi. He's 5'10 which is even smaller, but does come in with better jumping and strength, which is a positive. His personality means he won't improve quite so quickly so I'm going to try and get him tutored, if we have a suitable one available. Hopefully, he can grow to 6'0 with slightly better physicals, because this could be the making of a (albeit very small) beautiful partnership at CB.

3 hours ago, iacovone said:

Oh wow, what progress from Gentile! Even his jumping has gone up :D

Maybe with Giardi coming through it's signalling a change in football in general. Maybe FIFA are introducing a no-over-head-height rule? 

Futsal rules! We'd get destroyed at that, you actually need to be able to kick a ball :lol: 

Season Review!

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

A job well done.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Marco Simoncini (YP73) - 8.25

He's great.

Top Goalscorer:

Marco Podeschi (YP58) - 33

He's about to hit 30 :(

Nicola Berardi (YP64)

The winger had a superb season.

Aims for Next Season:

Retain the league.

Other teams:

Cup winners: :D 

How the team in CL Qualifying did: We lost to Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa Qualifying did: We lost to Standard Liege In the Playoff. Virtus lost 1-0 to Mladost, Tre Fiori lost 6-1 to Shakhter Karaganda from Kazakhstan and La Florita lost 7-2 to Deportivo La Coruna.

2045 Results --------------- 2046 Results

That's a superb point against Israel.

51ccefcced44b88925432b19efefa952.png

745019.jpg

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

When Bianchi headed us 1-0 up from a corner, I tried to hide my excitement. When Podeschi fired home at the near most to make it 2, I started celebrating but still knew we were probably going to lose 3-2. When Simoncini made it three from a free kick, I lost it. We've just beaten Red Bull Salzburg 3-0 at home. I was expecting to lose by about the same score.

The worst part is, we're still probably going out - they're really strong, and we usually ship more than three away against them. This is going to be a really tense one.

5 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Not to toot my own horn or anything but Gentile's doing well :D

I think you were right on that one :D

He just had 12 interceptions against Salzburg. He might be small, but he's a machine :D

4271ac4fd84fb5ef872c00c6dd377539.png

Well, we were looking like blowing it for a second, but Podeschi (who else?) settled the tie. We're going into the Europa Groups! Considering that's where we'd be even if we hadn't collapsed against Red Bull, I'm pretty calm again now :D

Archived