Players unhappy (feel club is under achieving) FMC

SO i'm in my first FMC save and my second season as Whitehawk FC manager. After gaining promotion in the first season we have expectations of avoiding relegation with a media prediction of 20th place. After 12 games we sit 1 point from safety in 22nd place. I've now had 4 or 5 players come to me saying that they're unhappy with the club under achieving.

Personally i think given all circumstances that this is a bug. Is it worth reporting or do the players have a right to be concerned after only 12 games?

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I think it is something that happens too quickly. It actually happened to my team last night. I'm managing Heracles in Holland and I really over-achieved last season finishing in 6th when we were tipped for a relegation battle. This season I've started slowly. I'm about 13th after 8 games or so. A little bit below where I'd want to be but handily placed to shoot up the table with a couple of wins. We just beat our main rivals too, but then a couple of days later my squad said they were unhappy with my management. Luckily I managed to convince the majority of them we'll be ok. But I did think it was too early for the players to be worried about our position in the table so early in the season, especially when in a few matches time we could be a lot higher. I think things like this should really kick in about 3 quarters of the way through the season, when your really can tell if you're under-achieving or not.

This is absolutely ridiculous. 19 games in now, on 20 points, 17th in the league and just earned a replay after drawing with League 1 Portsmouth in the FA Cup first round and i've just had another 2 players come to me unhappy with the under achieving. Play FMC because i'm not enjoying the ME on FM and then i get this rubbish. 7 players unhappy with a team expected to be part of a relegation battle, in a relegation battle, though out of the bottom 4 and doing okay in the FA Cup. As a result of this the bored are concerned with the Harmony of the squad. Fuming with this.

I agree with mrw072. Seen similar in my Premier League saves where I over achieve first year and if I am 10th or so second year after a handful of games one or two start moaning that we are under achieving. I think mrw072 is right that it's not a bug but it just happens a bit too quick.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you here, but the ME is the same for FM and FMT.

I'm not watching the matches, just quick simming them.

Also, just got sacked moments ago. Gutted. The image below pretty much explains the reason behind it..

tumblr_o69e18pXry1r1ut21o1_1280.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not watching the matches, just quick simming them.

Also, just got sacked moments ago. Gutted. The image below pretty much explains the reason behind it..

Ridiculously harsh sackings are a way of life in Football Manager!! :D Agree with others that for teams expected to atruggle, players are too quick to lose faith. Early underachieving moaning should only happen with teams expected to win league/division.

I'm getting something similar on my long-term FMT save, I've just started season 9 where I'm now in my first season in the Championship after initially starting in the Vanarama South.

The media prediction for my team is 24th out of 24, after 6 games I only have 4 points so I'm sitting in the relegation places...and four or five players think we're underachieving.

Well, according to the media prediction currently I'm OVERachieving because I'm not in last place. My board expectations are to battle bravely against relegation, which I'm doing.

If anything, I think the players are underachieving...not me!

Archived