What If....Every BPL team had zero players (Experiment)

so i thought it would be interesting to see what would happen if i released every single player from every single club in the premiership and then went on holiday. the results are interesting/strange and they get very bizarre at the end! i think i broke the ai lol

It is a wage budget thing. Often the wage budgets are set in the editor as how much you have left (rather than how much you have in total). So if a team has 0 wage budget they cannot but players I guess! You are right, the AI cannot handle this too well. Which is a shame because one of the awesome things to do would be to have a free agent database and see what bizarre world you can create using this.

I've used (and had great fun with) free agent databases (although not in FM16 as I don't think it's available). sporadicsmiles is right about the wage budget severely restricting clubs ability to acquire players. I've often seen the big clubs at the end of the first season with only a handful of below average players on £100k plus a week wages. What I've noticed is at that all the AI-managed teams try to sign goalkeepers first and then slowly work there way up the field, so you often get star strikers retiring from the game after the second season because they don't get signed. But it's good fun especially if you edit your team with a decent wage budget and see your beloved, normally minnow team playing with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo! I'm currently managing Crystal Palace in a Legends database and just signed Del Piero on a free!

that makes sense regarding the wages. but what about those free players. some world quality players available on a free and no teams from spain italy or germany picks them up. weird

re david moyes. i know right, man city manager, quality entertainment! lol maybe they had no manager wage budget and moyes offered to do it for free lol

Free agents will want a signing bonus & their agent will want a fee, as both come out of the transfer budget many players will be unattainable.

To do this properly top clubs will need to be given large cash balances & transfer/wage budgets.

If my current save stuffs up and unable to continue, I will remove all players from the top leagues in the world in Europe. EG - England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Holland. Also Brazil, Argentina, Portugual. Same with Australia

Best way to do this as Barside says is to give them the transfer budget required. What you could do is for each individual released, calculate a fair amount that the team would have sold that player for and add that to the transfer budget. In the end, each team will have plenty of money to go out and get new players.

Another idea would be to look back and see how much the player was bought for and give them that figure added to their transfer budget.

Archived