Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

Yes I notice that too. I think its when the opposition close down the corner and comes down to the player receiving it not being able to control the ball or cope with the pressure, but don't worry about it, just leave the set pieces exactly the way they are. They are perfect they way they are. :thup:

Not sure if I or anyone else asked you this but do you have set pieces as part of the tactic or just default

I found that since I started using some set pieces routines from a forum my goals conceded from these have definitely improved

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if I or anyone else asked you this but do you have set pieces as part of the tactic or just default

I found that since I started using some set pieces routines from a forum my goals conceded from these have definitely improved

Well I am not an expert on Set Pieces, however I set the Set Pieces up myself as part of the tactic.

They are not default. Whenever I have tried to 'improve' or 'change' the set pieces I have found it to have a very negative effect.

As far as I am concerned, the tactic and the set pieces are perfect the way they are. However if you have changed it and it has worked for you, then that's great news! Cause I couldnt do it. :lol:

However I am very happy with the Tactic and my original set pieces work best which are included in the tactic which is why I suggested Downloading the tactic rather than create the tactic yourself and putting in your own set pieces. :thup:

Well I am not an expert on Set Pieces, however I set the Set Pieces up myself as part of the tactic.

They are not default. Whenever I have tried to 'improve' or 'change' the set pieces I have found it to have a very negative effect.

As far as I am concerned, the tactic and the set pieces are perfect the way they are. However if you have changed it and it has worked for you, then that's great news! Cause I couldnt do it. :lol:

However I am very happy with the Tactic and my original set pieces work best which are included in the tactic which is why I suggested Downloading the tactic rather than create the tactic yourself and putting in your own set pieces. :thup:

So the ones in the tactic are default - cool

Jus wanted to check :thup:

Hi, I just decided that I am going to try your tactic. Im playing Southampton. Second season. My team is bassically full of wonderkids.

Heres my main team:

p5rdDupoj

WHat do you think? Do you think its gonna work?

I have al those wonderkids because I did sell Sadio mané for 63M for Man city :brock:

Btw, I want to ask you anothing question, about your defensive tactic, when do you use it? Do you score some goals against bigger Teams??

Hi, I just decided that I am going to try your tactic. Im playing Southampton. Second season. My team is bassically full of wonderkids.

Heres my main team:

p5rdDupoj

WHat do you think? Do you think its gonna work?

I have al those wonderkids because I did sell Sadio mané for 63M for Man city :brock:

Btw, I want to ask you anothing question, about your defensive tactic, when do you use it? Do you score some goals against bigger Teams??

It looks good mate. Of course, this is Ultimate Doom! It helps if you chant Ultimate Doom every time you score!

I would move Ward Prowse to the left centre and have him take your set pieces.

Defender Right should take the throw ins.

I dont use the defensive tactic at all, I use a 10 man tactic for if i get a sending off but I havent posted it on here.

I only posted the defensive one because some players were saying about needing to hold on to leads, so if you feel the need to do it, you can use it to shut down a game with 10 mins to play or 15mins in big euro matches.

I only use Ultimate Doom and the UD10 - for when we go down to 10 men.

I dont use the defensive tactic at all, I use a 10 man tactic for if i get a sending off but I havent posted it on here.

I only posted the defensive one because some players were saying about needing to hold on to leads, so if you feel the need to do it, you can use it to shut down a game with 10 mins to play or 15mins in big euro matches.

I only use Ultimate Doom and the UD10 - for when we go down to 10 men.

I was playing Dortmund last night in the CL and had my CM-A sent off after 42 mins. Did the standard 10 man change so that it's the same UD-A formation just without an F9 and totally dominated the second half and went 1-0 up with 10 mins to go ..... Then switched to UD-D and held out as they threw everything at me :)

I was playing Dortmund last night in the CL and had my CM-A sent off after 42 mins. Did the standard 10 man change so that it's the same UD-A formation just without an F9 and totally dominated the second half and went 1-0 up with 10 mins to go ..... Then switched to UD-D and held out as they threw everything at me :)

Yes it will work and that tactic is park the bus.! :) I don't use them but I have done in the past.

I use the Ultimate Doom one. I don't bother using the defensive one. I do use the UD10 if I go down to ten men though. :thup:

Which must mean you are never needing to hang on - so again another thumps up for the original tactic :)

Do you still just sacrifice the F9 if you have 19 men ?

or do you have another tactic now?

Which must mean you are never needing to hang on - so again another thumps up for the original tactic :)

Do you still just sacrifice the F9 if you have 19 men ?

or do you have another tactic now?

No I don't mate, but it seems to work well for you! I sacrifice the regista, but I pull the 2 inside forwards back one space.. and give them the same instructions as an inside forward. I can post the tactic if you want to take a look. :thup:

Fenech, and what do you do when you need to score a goal at any cost?? :)

Nothing, I do not panic, I know that you want to go to overload or attacking and push men forward but I don't do that!

more often than not, if you just keep patient you will score. Consistency is the key. Maintaining your Fluidity is vital, soon as you switch your taking a risk and it may reward you but it so often backfires and you end up losing, the best thing to do is stay calm and trust that you will score, and if you dont, take the draw, tell the boys they were unlucky and move onto the next game, the trophy you win is not dependant on needing to score at all costs! Any kind of panic will be frowned upon by the players, just stay calm and trust in the tactic. you win some, you lose some but if you are consistent and keep a happy ship, ultimately you win. Simple as that. The game resists any change (which is a true reflection of reality, you will find that people generally try to resist change as well), so keep everything as stable and consistent as you can and everything else will take care of itself. the players are watching and listening to you at all times, so remember that, keep them happy and your half way there. If your having any problems in the game, just let me know and ill try to help out. :thup:

No I don't mate, but it seems to work well for you! I sacrifice the regista, but I pull the 2 inside forwards back one space.. and give them the same instructions as an inside forward. I can post the tactic if you want to take a look. :thup:

Interesting :)

No need to post as sounds pretty straight forward.

The lack of a supposed outlet up front (F9) is more than made up by the 2 attacking roles of the CMs - so exactly like you mentioned a few weeks ago

I have scored winning goals in injury time in my last 2 league games so patience is definitely key here - just DONT PANIC :D

Playing against Villarreal ...go one nil up after 4 mins.

Lose my best CB sent off after 20 mins.

Make the same switches as above.

Dominate the game even with 10 men.

Change to the Defend tactic with 5 mins to go.

Conceded an equaliser in the 89th minute

Gotten love this game :D

Great post on the teamtalks etc - theyve been helpful. I said I'd give this a try as nothing seems to be very successful for my lower league team (semi-pro) and I'm finding it tough, did better in the cup(reached our target) but our league form has gone to pot. We have good possession but nothing to show for our good work. Going to give it 2 seasons to be sure of it.

Great post on the teamtalks etc - theyve been helpful. I said I'd give this a try as nothing seems to be very successful for my lower league team (semi-pro) and I'm finding it tough, did better in the cup(reached our target) but our league form has gone to pot. We have good possession but nothing to show for our good work. Going to give it 2 seasons to be sure of it.

As the season draws to a close with two games left - we are hovering just above the relegation zone. Back to the drawing board for this team and manager.

thanks and keep with it, Ultimate Doom always comes good! :)

West_Ham_Man_Utd_Geral_Forma_es_2.png

Oh my god. That's is great!!

Fenech, you have players purchase suggestion to my team? Thanks.

Buy players that suit the roles. so for inside forward Mane from Southampton is insane, Jordan Ibe too!! James Ward Prowse is great. Deffo buy Lewis Cook from Leeds for MCL and DM, Andres Cubas or Thiago Maia for DM, Up Front Anthony Martial or Benzema...

What do you do for match prep?

Hey Mate,

In terms of match preparation, I find the Scout with the best Judging player ability, Judging Player Potential and Tactical Knowledge and put him on Scout Next Opposition. When he does his report, I'll follow his advice religiously so if he says Attacking Movement, Att set pieces, Def Pos, etc etc. Ill do that, there is a little drop down box where you can do this. Otherwise Its either on Teamwork or Tactics, depending on whether the tactic is trained or not..

Also from 1st August, I just leave it on Balanced Average now, as I find Average tends to mean less injuries throughout the season. :thup:

TEAM TRAINING

From start of Pre-Season to August 1st or until the tactic is fully fluid

Pre%20Season_zpsj4uzhtth.png

At various points in the news section you will get reports from your assistant advising how the match training is going, and you are looking for the report which says, you can move it down a notch .. he will do this twice, each time just move the Match Training one notch to the left.

On August 1st change from Team Cohesion to Balanced and keep it there for the whole season. Also keep the intensity high for the whole season.

You should end up with the team training looking something like this for the whole season. So once the tactic is completely Fluid also change from Tactics to Team Work.

P1_zpswqxrfobw.png

I normally let the Chief Scout do the Scouting, and you want one with good tactical knowledge and good judging ability and potential, in his report, i only look for what he is recommending in terms of training, so def position, att movement etc. and i put on that advice, in the drop down box within the scout report.

INDIVIDUAL TRAINING It's not rocket Science. you simply change the training to the specific role for the tactic. so e.g. my keepers i will put on sweeper keeper support, my side defenders, put on wing backs, my striker on F9 training. So basically just train them up to the specific roles in your formation and then... no individual focus whatsoever for any player. Training should be balanced to the role you want them to do in the tactic. remember that any individual focus will put the intensity upto heavy which can be a factor with injuries and as well takes away from the balanced overall training of the role, so you dont need it.

I do change the back room staff when i first join and very little changes after that.

Assistant: Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential, Man Management, Motivating & Tactical Knowledge... e.g. Frankie Bunn, Roberto Samaden, Jose Sambede, Bruno Conti etc etc

Attacking Coach: Attacking & Tactics e.g. Diego Bortoluzzi, Seppo Eichkorn

Shooting Coach Attacking & Technical e.g. Enzo Scifo Paul Scholes

Defending Coach Defending & Tactical e.g. Ivan Carminati Toni Ruiz Angel Vales

Ball Control Coach Mental & Technical e.g. Giuseppe Colombino Tony Parkes

2 Fitness Coaches & 2 Goalkeeper Coaches ideally with tactical and technical attributes. e.g. Neri, Jose Sambede, Michael Lindeman, Phil Cannon

Head of Youth: Thomas Albeck, Bernhard Peters, Frank Arnesan

DOF: I dont use them.... you dont need them. But e.g. Guus Hiddink, Gerard Houllier, Glenn Hoddle etc..

Basically youth coaches, yes, all the attributes as above, including .... Working with Youngsters...

TEAM TALKS

Tone: Assertive (professional)

Before Match: I generally go with whatever the assistant advises here, except, never ask for revenge or anything to do with the media. like prove a point, stay away from all that, if ass man advises this, just do an encouraging one instead, but tend to stick with anything to do with, go out there and impress me, show me what you can do.... stay away from reminding them about keeping the run going if you can. Just encourage, another good one, if you won your last game, is go out there and carry straight on from where you left off last time out, or carry on from the last time, or for the fans, so lets give the performance the fans are expecting, if ass man advises that. if its a derby, give it all the passion.. with the for the fans, otherwise just stick to assertive...

NEVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MEDIA

NEVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHOWING THE WORLD HOW GOOD YOU ARE, OR PROVING A POINT OR GETTING REVENGE. - The players will just think you are some kind of lunatic just released from broadmoor or something.. :lol:

After this, never listen to the assistant at all....

Try not to make any substitutions before half time. but if someone is 6.3 or below, I normally substitute them straight away, no more than one sub at the most before half time, also take a look at anyone on a yellow card, combined with a 6.5 or below, take him off, the other thing to look for, if someone has caused the opposition to score, like fouling and give away a penalty, take him off, its clearly not his day!

but mainly you want to get to half time not making any subs at all, and never more than 1

HALF TIME:

If Losing by 3 goals or more

Tone: Aggressive... I expect to see a much better performance in the second half --- or -- Show me something else in the second half

If losing by 2 goals or less

Tone: Assertive... I expect to see a much better performance in the second half --- or -- Show me something else in the second half

If Drawing

Tone: Assertive... You have been unlucky or Unlucky Boys, Things just having gone right for us so far..

If Winning by 1 Goal

Tone: Assertive... Don't get complacent or We must avoid complacency, Don't think the job is done - there may be other variations, but stick to these two...

If winning by 2 goals or more Assertive... I'm very happy with how things are going --- I'm very pleased with your performance so far. keep it up!

Any player on 6.5. or below comes off, or any player who gets any injury comes off straight away either before or after half time...... any player on a 9.0 by half time, passionate, im very pleased with your performance so far.

FULL TIME:

if lose the game by 3 goals or more:

Tone: Aggressive: ... Not good enough, that is the sort of match we should be winning, im very disappointed with that performance.

if lose the game by 2 goals or less

Tone: Assertively: ... Not good enough, that is the sort of match we should be winning, im very disappointed with that performance.

If draw the game

Assertively: ... You have been unlucky, unlucky boys anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

If win by 6 goals

Passionate.... I am very happy with your performance today. No individual talks at all

If win by 3 goals

Assertively.. I am very happy with your performance today... anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

If win by 1 to 2 goals

Assertively.. A Good win boys, well done... anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

Stick to this, don't deviate from this at all, no matter what the ass man says, and no matter what happened. so even if you draw and you think they were awful, still tell them they were unlucky.... so yeah sometime the ass man will try to say to be negative, don't do it, encourage the boys, keep the spirits up for the next game.... your the manager, listen that is why they are not managers!!!!

If on the rare occasion any player reacts, half time, pre team talk or full time in a negative manner. just encourage them, something like i have faith in you,,, your playing well but still room for improvement. a good trick is if half time and they are on 7.0 or below and they react negatively sometimes e.g. to don't be complacent... just say assertively im not happy with your performance so far, that will fire them up or motivate them... if its above 7.0 i generally go for i have faith or show me what you can do, and if its 8 or more, ill tell them i happy with their performance, if still negative, just keep an eye on that player and if form starts to dip. take them off.

remember to spread your substitution out over the course of the game, ideally i do 2 around the 60 minute mark and one on 75... look for body language, if all players good, but one looks complacent, don't wait for a mistake, take that dude off.... another one is looking uninterested. take him off if this is his body language...

Never do any talks mid game or when subbing players, players are motivated enough just coming on a sub because they want to get in the team.

Players cant hear you from the touchline, they will think you are mad and are talking to yourself, it also shows nerves, that you need to talk to them, let them play, they have enough of you at pre team, half time and full time, they don't want you filling their heads in between with nonsense jargon...

they have enough to think about trying to play the game. i never use in game talks...

Opposition Instruction: let a member of staff do it, in staff responsibilities first team you can set this, and use someone with highest tactical knowledge and judging player ability. determination as well is good.. if possible.

Any Questions just ask. :thup:

Fenech, Started a new save and still tinkering with the original Ultimate Doom and now switch between the original of yours and just a plain position switch which got me 2nd again in the PL with The Hammers.

West%20Ham%20United_%20%20Overview.png

Works quite well don't you think?! :D

West%20Ham%20v%20FC%20Barcelona_%20Info%20Overview.png

Works very well indeed! Must of been loads of Bubbles blown in the Nou Camp!! :lol:

so, has anyone tried this tactic with a lower prem team? I am Liverpool through and through but I decided to start a game with Leicester as I lived there for a fair while and have a soft spot for them, however my Liverpool tactics (my own) are struggling to work for Leicester. As Liverpool I'm undefeated in 65 games, but with Leic I'm left very exposed.

I guess what I'm asking is if these may work for me (team not that great on FM with Leic), or if I'll get destroyed due to my poor defence usinmg these tactics, wondering if anyone has tried them with a weaker prem team?

thanks

G

so, has anyone tried this tactic with a lower prem team? I am Liverpool through and through but I decided to start a game with Leicester as I lived there for a fair while and have a soft spot for them, however my Liverpool tactics (my own) are struggling to work for Leicester. As Liverpool I'm undefeated in 65 games, but with Leic I'm left very exposed.

I guess what I'm asking is if these may work for me (team not that great on FM with Leic), or if I'll get destroyed due to my poor defence usinmg these tactics, wondering if anyone has tried them with a weaker prem team?

thanks

G

I tried it with Watford and it worked well. I have posted screenshots in here on some of the earlier pages of this post.

There are other examples in here of the tactic working on lower league teams and prem team.. so it is possible that it could work for you with Leicester!

Fantastic mate. Can't thank you enough for this tactic it's renewed my love for the game. Carl Jenkinson had 16 assists and won Young Player of the Year first season and Victor Moses just ahead of him won Football Writers Player of the Year.

That's fantastic mate. Well Done. The players seem to say 'Enjoy the teams style of play' and when players enjoy it, they play better too and so I am not Surprised that players like Moses and Jenkinson can flourish in this system. :thup:

hello =) wonder if u can share some player filters for UD? thinking to give this a go with coventry =)

Hi Mate.

The great thing about this years Football Manager is that you can easily search for every Role in the Scouting Section, so e.g. I can search for False Nines or Inside Forwards or any position.

Another way to search is to choose the 'Pick' option and you can select the 'role' and it automatically populates all the attributes for that role. so you can actually find the best players available for all the positions and you can be specific, so you actually get the attributes for central midfielder (attack) e.g. and then filter down until you find the players who would be willing to join you.

I would say mainly just find the best players available, as long as they are within 3 bars of the role being perfect, they should do good in that role, e.g. with the false nine, I have found that players who are not perfect in that role but are 'better' players will often score more goals and do better than a person perfectly suited to the position and also I have found that wingers can do very well in the inside forward position, so dont become obsessed with perfecting the roles.

I hope this helps and good luck with Coventry. :thup:

Tony Fenech’s top 10 player situation commandments!

1) thou shalt not promise a player first team football

2) thou shalt not make any promises to a player

3) thou shalt not pick a player in match day squad if unhappy

4) thou shalt not pick a player in match day squad if on a situation

5) thou shalt not pick a player in match day squad if under transfer bid

6) thou shalt not sell a player you don’t want to, eventually the player repents

7) thou shalt not include any players unhappy / situation even on subs bench

8) thou shalt not talk to the press about internal matters except to state that you’re the boss!

9) thou shalt not talk to the press about any player clubs want to buy, if you don’t want to sell, put asking price at 100million or as high as possible and then if a club bids, simply put the price really high, and make it non-negotiable and force the other club to withdraw, this way the player doesn’t become unhappy!

10) thou shalt never suggest, or decline the bid (unless no other option but to decline) as this may make the player Unhappy.

6) thou shalt not sell a player you don’t want to, eventually the player repents

8) thou shalt not talk to the press about internal matters except to state that you’re the boss!

9) thou shalt not talk to the press about any player clubs want to buy, if you don’t want to sell, put asking price at 100million or as high as possible and then if a club bids, simply put the price really high, and make it non-negotiable and force the other club to withdraw, this way the player doesn’t become unhappy!

10) thou shalt never suggest, or decline the bid (unless no other option but to decline) as this may make the player Unhappy.

You must have a very big squad to satisfy all those needs!

You must have a very big squad to satisfy all those needs!

I try to have at least two players for every position and it is better to have a player in the squad who is not a natural in that position but can play it, than it is to include any unhappy or bad situation player in your match day squad. Also do not include any player on a BID, as their heads won't be on the game. If it is unavoidable then fair enough but it will impact negatively on your results long term and undermine your position as the boss. Do not allow Player Power to take over your club!! Are you a Boss or a Mouse? :thup:

Are you a boss or a mouse :) thats brilliant

Had no success with Mr U Rosler's Diamond tactic, so I'm going to try this in my 3rd season. I tried Burnum's in my first but it went off the boil towards the end and the results werent consistent with Rosler's tactic.

Wish me luck!

Are you a boss or a mouse :) thats brilliant

Had no success with Mr U Rosler's Diamond tactic, so I'm going to try this in my 3rd season. I tried Burnum's in my first but it went off the boil towards the end and the results werent consistent with Rosler's tactic.

Wish me luck!

Good Luck Mate! Keep me posted. :)

Love this mate :D

Now that Cleon and Rashidi have "retired" you need to take this on to Twitter :)

I really dont know about this game anymore, I've gone from having a good run of games to a reaaaaly bad run! Tactic isnt fully fluid yet but the AI is literally unbeatable, have the best GK's and strikers, I managed to draw a game 4-4 by the skin of my teeth, but we've been leaking goals and giving away penalties like its no-one's business! I cant get over it at all! Teams down near the bottom that we should be beating, are killing us!

Archived