"RKC! From outta nowwhere!! Waalwijk! What a move!!!"

Deisler26

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

End of Aug 2017 Transfer Window

Welcome to September. I was given the brief of again to Remain Competitive in the Jupiler League and was given a £314k transfer budget and £37.73k for wages. I was a little surprised that after last season's achievements, that the RKC board were so unambitious but it means I can avoid second season syndrome. I also let my Ass Man's contract run out and picked up a new one, with better stats in the management and tactical sides.

Results

We kicked off the 2017-18 season at home away at FC Den Bosch. And what an opening game it was. Star of the show was 19 year old striker Djeremy Wijdenbosch. Signed on a free 2 seasons ago, he has matured to the point that he hit a superb hat-trick as we beat Den Bosch 3-1. A volley, a precise angled strike and a rebound tucked into an open goal were his calling cards in this game.

Our next match was at home to 'promotion rivals' VVV Venlo. We tore into VVV, ripping them apart with good passing and peppering the goal with shots! On 28 mins, a long crossfield ball from Ambrose was picked up by Rolon, both back on loan. Rolon outpaced the full back and hit a low cross into the middle of the goal which ended up in the net after the defender got himself into a bit of a pickle. 1-0. We generally dominated the play for the rest of the game and, on 87 minutes, we got our reward. An infield pass from the touchline by Engerink was picked up by Ambrose, whose through ball was picked up by substitute Islam Feruz, who then rounded the keeper and slotted home. 2-0. Easy as pie.

Our final game of the month was away to SC Telstar. We were strangely below-par throughout the game and went behind just after half-time as we failed to stop their attack down the left wing. 0-1. It took till 87 minutes to make a breakthrough in the stubborn Telstar defence. A through ball found Feruz, a sub once more, he beat the defence and fired low to the near post. The Telstar keeper saved brilliantly, but the ball came out. Feruz had another go, but hit it straight at the keeper. The ball squirmed loose and Thierry Ambrose swept the ball home from 2 yards away. 1-1. The result meant we finished the month in 2nd place.

- Table - - Results -

-------------------------

Transfers

We only bought in a few permanent players this window. Previous loaned in players DLC Robert van Koesveld & GK Matt Macey were signed permanently after they were released by their clubs. Midfielder Ruben de Bruin and striker Sam Hendriks also came in on free's from thier teams. Hendriks immediately tore some ligaments putting him out for 2-3 months. Final free signing came late in the window as I found Damon Mirani was being hawked around by AFC Ajax Amsterdam for free, so I snapped him up.

A raft of loan signings were also brought in to bolster the team. I re-signed Thierry Ambrose, Islam Feruz and Maxi Rolon on loan. Then brought in D/DM/MC Jesper Verlaat (Werder Bremen), D/WBR Roberto Correa (RCD Espanyol), DR Tim Receveur (ADO Den Haag), ex-player M/AMC Philippe Van Arnhem (sc Heerenveen), MC Ouasim Bouy (AZ Alkmaar) and Arsenal striker Donyell Malen..

A number of fringe players left the club after their contract expired. Also, we sold a number of youth and young players, all with 50% sell-on clauses. These were midfielder Danny Bakker (£300k, Roda JC), right back Rodney Lopes Cabral (£250k, FC Twente), young midfielders Martjin van Binsbergen (£110k, AZ Alkmaar) and Giberto Joao (£105k, FC Utrecht), left winger Karim Tarfi (£250k, KV Kortrijk), young defender Bryan Van Weert (£140k, FC Groningen) and finally, the best deal of the window, left back Johan Maas went to FC Utrecht for a massive £600k!

- Transfers -

RKC Waalwijk

End of Jan 2018 Transfer Window

YAAAWWNN.. *stretches*.. *looks at table*.. *goes back to sleep*

It's been a procession this season in the Jupiler League. Snoresville. We finished the transfer window in 1st place and we were 21 points clear of second place.

Results

Let's look at the dropped points, for something to actually do.. First was an away match against FC Dordrecht. A defensive line horror show saw us go down 0-1. But a first goal for the club by the on-loan Donyell Malen put us level, five minutes before the break and then a great breakaway from Maxi Rolon on 43 minutes, slotted low past the keeper, put us 2-1 up at HT. Sadly, another breakdown on 80 mins, saw us pegged back to 2-2.

Our next points drop was a 1-1 draw with FC Volendam. Sam Hendriks rolled home his first for us after his massive injury to put us 1-0 up on 33 minutes, but we, again, suffered a defensive breakdown from a corner and conceded a free header to make it 1-1. The very next game, we had an absolute horror show against Jong Ajax. We lost an early goal to a catastrophic back pass from Ingo Van Weert which let in the Ajax striker to score on 7 minutes. We proceded to batter them throughout the next 83 minutes. We hit the post 4 times, every one was a goal but for the want of an inch. We also had 11 blocked shots. Finally, in the 90+1 minute, a long ball from the left was slung over and Maxi Rolon appeared, completely unmarked, to smash home the equaliser on the volley!

We also dominated the Jupiler League player stats categories too

- Table - - Results -

Transfers

Due to a run of injuries in September, I re-signed Okan Ozcelik as a cover for the left wing position. Then I made three Bosman signings, which I then paid for to make the permanent earlier. D/WBR Tim Receveur came in permanently from ADO Den Haag, along with AMRLC Rai Vloet from PSV Eindhoven & finally young midfielder Grad Damen from AFC Ajax Amsterdam.

Leaving the club were three central defenders. First off was Raymond Oosting, who hadn't made the progress I was hoping. He was shipped off to FC Utrecht for £13.25k. Next was first team centre back Damien Van Bruggen, who Roda JC had signed off us for £150k. I didn't massively want to sell him, but it would mean a place for my youth team centre back next season. Finally, youth centre back Harun Senturk was sold for £43k to Heracles Almeo. He was indisciplined in training and constantly complained about the various individual instructions. OUT! All sales came with a 50% sell on clause

You've done very well so far, congratiulations on the league win already, and with such a gap between you and the rest as well (in january anyway!). The eredivisie should be more interesting next year, I guess!

You've done very well so far, congratiulations on the league win already, and with such a gap between you and the rest as well (in january anyway!). The eredivisie should be more interesting next year, I guess!

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Do you know of any good books about Dutch football? (apart from Brilliant Orange)

RKC Waalwijk

End of 2017/18 Season Review

Results

We continued to absolutely dominate the Jupiler League after January with just one draw, a 0-0 against MVV Maastricht, and one defeat, 1-2 against FC Volendam in which I had already won the league and played the backups throughout the last 8 games. I won the Jupiler League with a record amount of points, a +60 goal difference and near-on 40 points clear of second place.

Highlights included a beautifully floated goal from 20 yards by Okan Ozcelik, after sitting at 6.1 most of the game in a 3-1 win over FC Dordrecht; hitting 4 first half goals without reply in a game against the-then second placed FC Eindhoven and, finally, a 5-0 win over Sparta Rotterdam.

Board League Target: Remain Competitive

Actual League Result: 1st of 19, Champions

- Table - Results - Stats -

-------

This season, I CAN argue with the manner in which we exited the KNVB Cup again. A poor loss to a tough Eredivisie side was very disappointing.

Board Cup Target: Fourth Round

Actual Cup Result: Third Round (lost 1-2 to AZ Alkmaar)

Wow, a lead of almost 40 points on the rest! That's incredible.

Do you know of any good books about Dutch football? (apart from Brilliant Orange)

I'm afraid I can't really help you here though, I'm not very well-versed on football-books..

RKC Waalwijk

End of Aug 2018 Transfer Window

Welcome back to September in the Eredivisie. RKC hadnt been back in the top flight since 2013, so I was given the brief of Achieving mid-table in the Eredivise and was given a £1.12m transfer budget and £43.66k for wages. I'm guessing they were hoping to build on our legendary Jupiler League campaign. But, midtable? Not easy..

Results

We kicked off the 2018-19 season at home away at FC Utrecht. I took a deep breath and sent my team out. On 17 minutes, A fast break down the left from Jonas Hansen saw him cross to a late-arriving (and therefore unmarked) Ouasim Bouy. As he was about to pull the trigger, their centre-back clattered him, but the ball broke loose to Thierry Ambrose who swept it home to score our first goal back in the top flight. 1-0. Ambrose turned provider on 20 minutes, sending a teasing ball into the box for Islam Feruz to crash a volley home to make it 2-0. Ambrose himself settled the game on 34 minutes, Hansen again blasting down the left, crossing at the byline for Thierry to head home his second, making it 3-0. Not even a second half goal against could dampen the party.

Our next match was at home to sc Heerenveen. And we got taught a lesson in how to finish at Eredivisie level. 0-2 down before HT. 0-3 down midway through the second half and only Djeremy Wildenbosch's clip wide of the keeper from a Rolon run down the right on 90 minutes, gave the score a veneer of respectability.

Our next game was against Willem II Tilburg and it was a strangely even game, despite us only having one shot of 17 actually miss the goal. We conceded from a direct freekick early on, but battled back and just after half-time, a cross from the left found Islam Feruz, who turned and shot into the goal to pull us level. 1-1. Which was how the game ended.

Our final game of the month was also our first test of the season. Feyenoord Rotterdam, away. And what a topsy-turvey game it was. Ouasim Bouy stepped up to take a penalty on 9 minutes as Hansen was brought down in the box. The keeper guessed right, but the ball was put back in for Islam Feruz to score from close range. 1-0. We were pegged back, five minutes before half time, as a lofted cross into the box saw their striker leap highest to head home. 1-1. A 4 minutes spell early in the second half saw us take the lead 2-1 on 57 minutes, as Jonas Hansen volleyed home from a deep right wing cross. However, they equalised on 61 minutes as a defensive mixup let in their midfield to fire home to make it 2-2. On 70 minutes, a ball into the box found Thierry Ambrose, who fired home inside the near post, wrong-footing their keeper, putting us up 3-2. Sadly, we couldn't keep it together and fell apart on 88 minutes, conceding the equaliser to finish the game 3-3.

That left us in 10th place in the Eredivisie.

- Table - - Results -

Transfers

First into the club was the return of D/WB/ML Nick Coster for £85k from Almere City. I needed a backup left back and I knew I could rely on Coster. Then, after a succesful two season loan spell, Barcelona B let me have M/AMR/ST Maxi Rolon for £250k. Two Bosman arrivals from PSV Eindhoven came next. DC Suently Alberto and DM/MC Laros Duarte. They could help cover two holes I had in my system; a pacey central defender and a defensively minded midfielder. Next came in two arrivals from AFC Ajax Amsterdam. Right back Terry Lartey Sanniez

came in to provide backup to Receveur and, also coming in, was former player MC Tim Gerhofs on loan.

Two of the 'Fabulous Three' returned too, with Thierry Ambrose and Islam Feruz signing new loan deals for their second season with me. Last season's loan signing MC Ouasim Bouy was also signed permanently from AZ Alkmaar for £105k. Later on in the window, I spotted the chance to make two monster deals. First in was winger Yanic Wildschut for £900k (over 48 months) from FC Groningen. Then, on deadline day, I spotted international midfielder Kevin Strootman on the free agent list. I went to the board and begged for more cash and more wages, they luckily gave in and I was able to give him a fat incentive-laden contract and he agreed to join.

Leaving the club were a number of backups at the end of their contracts, both Rai Vloet & Sam Hendriks went out on loan and midfielder Milan Vissie was sold, much to my disappointment, for £1.1m to sc Heerenveen. Finally, the chairman went over my head and sold young starlet, DC Peter Van Buuren to PSV Eindhoven for a mere £600k.

- Transfers -

RKC Waalwijk

End of Jan 2019 Transfer Window

Results

We had a seriously tough Eredivisie run-in after the transfer window. PSV Eindhoven, AZ Alkmaar, Vitesse Arnhem, FC Twente & AFC Ajax Amsterdam all in a row. We managed two goalless stalemates against PSV & AZ, a stunning 3-0 win over Vitesse and then identical 1-2 defeats to Twente & Ajax. The 1-2 defeats were pretty bitter pills to swallow as the Twente one was a finish from an impossible angle on 80 minutes, then the Ajax result was determined by a goal in the 86th minute.

A 1-0 win over ADO Den Haag, thanks to a Ouasim Bouy penalty, seemed to right the ship but we then fell 0-1 to Heracles Almeo. We then rattled off a four game unbeaten streak, Yanic Wildschut scoring in the first three games. Then came a 1-2 defeat to FC Groningen as we conceded in the 90th minute this time to lose the game. This then saw us embark on a two-game 1-1 draw streak. A 0-1 defeat to sc Heerenveen saw confidence wobble a bit, but then we pulled it out of the fire with a 2-1 win over Willem II Tilburg. This left us in 10th place.

In the KNVB Beker, we had lower division Dutch teams for the first two rounds, dispatching Deurne 4-0 and FC Hilversum by the same score in Round 3. The Hilversum saw young player Christiaan Gijzen net an astonishing FOUR goals. Sadly, Willem II Tilburg dumped us out of Round 4 with nary a whimper with a 0-1 defeat

- Table - - Results -

Transfers

I didn't see the need to make serious surgery in the Jan window. I had a decent enough side and everyone I wanted on a Bosman wanted too much in the way of wages. So I contented myself with the signing of left midfielder Xander Houtkoop for £69k from NEC Nijmegen. He was signed as a backup as there was a lot of interest in Jonas Hansen, and I wanted to be prepared for his departure. Also coming in was DC Justin Bakker for £17k from AZ Alkmaar. Bakker would bolster our D corps, which were weakened by one of the loan signings terminating his contract because of lack of games. I also picked up a more talented backup for James Watt in S.S Lazio's GK Menno Vink on loan.

Finally, I scoured the free agent market for the whole of the window and picked up 18 year old Egyptian DM Amr Salah, 16 year old Macedonian right back Gezim Toma and 19 year Norweigan central midfielder Conrad Olsen. None of them fitted into my Dutch plan, but they may fetch decent money in the future.

As for sales...Ermm... A slight confession here. I lost confidence in me. Yes. I lost confidence in the team and my ability to keep them going in midtable.. So I fielded offers for Jonas Hansen. No-one bar Lille OSC wanted to meet the £4m in installments and clauses + 50% sell-on price tag. Even then, Hansen rejected LOSC and stayed at the club. I also fielded offers for my hottest prospect Christiaan Gijzen. He eventually went to Paris Saint-Germain for £3.2m plus 50% sell on clause. Once I saw Hansen was staying, Xander Houtkoop went on loan to Willem II Tilburg.

Not too bad of a first half season in the eredivisie. Quite a crazy league table though, you're doing better than PSV and on the same amount of points as Feyenoord.... good luck on the second half.

Not too bad of a first half season in the eredivisie. Quite a crazy league table though, you're doing better than PSV and on the same amount of points as Feyenoord.... good luck on the second half.

Thanks man, both PSV and Feyenoord have sacked their managers this season, so maybe they'll come back up the table!

Wait...what?! Strootman!! What a signing, hopefully he will stay fit.

I've read through all posts and I really like it. Great work, Martin Jol would be proud!

I know, right?? He wanted to come back to Holland it seemed and he's got a massively fat contract with a load of incentives.

Thank you for your kind words on the thread, but Martin Jol managed the Scum, so that's not the best compliment!! :mad:

:brock:

nice story/thread :)

You've probably done this anyway but have you tried to talk to the board about philosophies. ie asking to be judged on developing youth. that significantly increases the chances of the board then upgrading the facilities .

nice story/thread :)

You've probably done this anyway but have you tried to talk to the board about philosophies. ie asking to be judged on developing youth. that significantly increases the chances of the board then upgrading the facilities .

Yes, I always start with 'bring youth through into the team'

RKC Waalwijk

End of 2018/19 Season Review

Results

We finished the season in good standing this season. Our first game in Feb was a lucky 1-0 win over Feyenoord Rotterdam. We weren't at the races for a lot of it, but Djeremy Wildenbosch headed home a Rolon freekick in the 92nd minute to give us the win. We then lost 1-2 to PSV Eindhoven, but it could have been far worse. We then proceded to embark on a nine-game unbeaten run, including that excellent 4-0 win over AFC Ajax Amsterdam. Thierry Ambrose scored in 6 consecutive games for us, propelling us up the table into fifth place. We pitched up at Euroborg to take on a mid-table FC Groningen. And we were turned over. Maxi Rolon scored an 84th minute consolation, but the damage was done. The defeat slipped us down to 6th. We needed a result in our last game to get us a better draw in the Euro Playoffs. And we didn't get it. Beaten 0-1 by Roda JC, we stayed 6th, which gave us a much tougher draw, but it was the record finish for the club..

Board League Target: Finish Mid-Table

Actual League Result: 6th of 18, Euro Places Playoffs

- Table - Results -

-------

4th season, 4th time we exited the KNVB Cup in a bad way. Two 4-0 wins over non-league teams, before a poor loss to a tough Eredivisie side was very disappointing.

Board Cup Target: Fourth Round

Actual Cup Result: Fourth Round (lost 0-1 to Willem II Tilburg)

Archived