[FM2016] Milo Bloom's American Soccer Pyramid (Fictional, 9 Tiers, Custom Cups)

When starting off the bat in Tier 10, senior players have no contracts, but youths are all on AU$55 per week. I know this isn't intentional, but my computer is a bit slow to sim 10 years or so. haha

EDIT: Simmed 5 years in and it seems that there's teams all over the place, like a Pennsylvania team in the USS Redwood League.

Hi Milo

I think this is great! I am as English as they come but I always love a good US save on an edited database, and this is pretty much my idea of perfection! Thanks for all your hard work. :thup::applause:

A couple of minor issues that I have found, not sure if they are intentional or not? The squad registration rules are a bit odd (APL, not tried the other levels yet). I have to select a squad of 25 and cannot use any players out of that 25 regardless of how old they are so if I have a few injuries I cannot select a full squad of 18. Should there not be a particular age before which players do not need to be registered - it hardly encourages me to bring young players through when they can't play in the league until they are pretty much first choice!

I know you said that it's not really designed to be played from season 1, but I decided to try it anyway! At the top level it appears to be perfectly playable the only exception being that you have to name 3 players that have been trained by the club in the match squad. As my strategy was to snap up all the best released MLS players, I don't have any of the original generated players in my 25 which means that I can only name 4 subs for league games. I know that is a result of how I have gone about it, but I'm just not sure that it is realistic to expect a brand new club (which these all are!) to have players trained by the club. Is it possible to set it so that rule comes in after season 3?

Also, a lot of clubs have home and away kits that are rather similar and do not really help avoid clashes. The worst offenders on this appear to be Bristol Speed of USS James River Regional who basically have two kits of red and yellow stripes, just with the foreground/background reversed for the away kit

I'm about to sim into the future so will see how the regional divisions develop over time. Not sure my knowledge of US geography will be sufficient to tell though tbh!

• 3 weeks later...

Ran into what I consider to be a "small" problem - i took the reins of the Wichita Staggerwings, doing really well, got to the final of the Lamar Hunt Trophy, but when I want to play a friendly and select "lower reputation" clubs, it pulls up a list of MLS teams. I brought Kansas City in for a friendly, beat them 8-1. Brought in Seattle, beat them 9-0. Went to look at their squads, and it's entirely grayed-out players. Only then did I realize that the lower-reputation clubs are actually MLS teams that are not part of the league struction, and not the top league American Premier League or American National League.

And for some reason, on transfer deadline day, all the clubs come in to steal away all my coaching and non-coaching staff, even though there are better, higher-rated staff available and unemployed. And these are clubs that don't have a head coach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Great work! Any chance of these graphics coming out soon? I'd be happy to download it even if it's unfinished :brock:

At the moment, I'm still without FM16 until the price comes down. So, whilst there's a fair whack of new logos done for it, the config file is not linked up to work in-game yet, so there's still some work to do before anything will happen. That said, I've put together this pack, including all the new and refreshed logos for FM16, the kitpack from the earlier edition, and the adboards that have been started. If anyone wants to knock together some config files with the new club ID numbers, by all means feel free.

http://www.charthero.com/mb2016.rar

I stress: this project is far from dead, and I'm still putting graphics together for it- it's just a question of finally biting the bullet and getting the game that's stopped me from releasing anything to date.

• 4 months later...

From what I gathered, an update very slightly broke the original file. Somehow it simply bumped a team out of its selected competitions and, by doing so, created a loading error. As far as I am aware, this is the only real issue caused by an update to the game.

Here's the file. Let me know if there's any issues. The fix was made back in mid-April.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vcw1qxa44me2e4/MiloAmericanSoccerPyramid1.2_019FC992-3868-4A91-9647-BA9E98E0DF0E%282%29.fmf

Ran into what I consider to be a "small" problem - i took the reins of the Wichita Staggerwings, doing really well, got to the final of the Lamar Hunt Trophy, but when I want to play a friendly and select "lower reputation" clubs, it pulls up a list of MLS teams. I brought Kansas City in for a friendly, beat them 8-1. Brought in Seattle, beat them 9-0. Went to look at their squads, and it's entirely grayed-out players. Only then did I realize that the lower-reputation clubs are actually MLS teams that are not part of the league struction, and not the top league American Premier League or American National League.

And for some reason, on transfer deadline day, all the clubs come in to steal away all my coaching and non-coaching staff, even though there are better, higher-rated staff available and unemployed. And these are clubs that don't have a head coach.

You didn't load all of the American players or play with fictional players that's probably why.

When starting off the bat in Tier 10, senior players have no contracts, but youths are all on AU$55 per week. I know this isn't intentional, but my computer is a bit slow to sim 10 years or so. haha

EDIT: Simmed 5 years in and it seems that there's teams all over the place, like a Pennsylvania team in the USS Redwood League.

I've done al ot of edited regional leagues. The games doesn't put clubs back in their geographic area after the initial setup gets going. Just a game design thing.

• 2 weeks later...

This DB is exactly what I've been looking for since I found FM 5 years ago...I only wish I had seen this back in your last edition.

I've been playing your DB (the 1.0 version) for several months but I've noticed a few peculiarities I was hoping you could advise me on as I'm considering starting up a new game...

1. I've noticed the option to ask the board to expand the stadium or build a new one is missing - is this a bug or is because stadia have no "built date" set in the editor?

My club ended up building me a stadium on their own accord a few seasons later

2. Each time a transfer window opens I get several notifications (three i think) in my inbox for each american league i'm subscribed to. When I checked the editor it looked to be set up properly...

3. If a "kid" player (u18) is purchased from another club they don't seem to be tagged as "homegrown by club" even if I have them at my club (not loaned out) for three seasons before turning 21

4. Related to that last issue, I'm in 2045 with a club i brought up from the american championship to the premier league and I'm struggling to fill my bench out; I'd like to make a change to the DB where u21s don't have to be registered, as in England. As you're obviously familiar with the editor, is there a way to add this rule without having to rebuild the entire set of nation rules?

Thanks for the years and years of hard work, you've taken FM from a 10/10 game to a 20/10 game. Absolutely fantastic work.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived