2 Things I don't understand: Crazy Scout and Passive Aggressive team

Things I don't understand (can you please shed some light?):

- Why does my scout tell me that a four-a-half-star player isn't worth signing?...

- Why is my team way more offensive when I set its mentality to Contain?...

Doesn't make sense, does it? Thanks for your thoughts.

- Why does my scout tell me that a four-a-half-star player isn't worth signing?...

Could be a few reasons.

You might not be able to afford the expected transfer fee or wages, he might have a poor personality, he might not fit in with your squad, he might have trouble settling in other countries, you might already have good players in the position he plays etc etc.

Without seeing the bigger picture of your squad and the scout report its hard to say exactly what.

Offensive how?

Contain will see your team take more time, play safer balls, not rush forwards etc so as a result they could keep the ball and wait for better chances to develop rather than trying to force one.

But again without seeing the tactics and the match its difficult to say.

Personalty issues, do you want to sign a primadonna with a disproportionate ego the size of Texas?

Injury problems, do you want sign someone whose legs are made out of glass and will break into a million tiny pieces the moment he steps onto a pitch?

Unfeasible financial demands, do you want to bankrupt your club because the player won't budge from his 300k a week demands?

Or, all the above.:D

Because your team plays better (hence creates chances) at lower tempo, shorter passes, deep defensive line, narrow... Contain is only a label for several team instructions (and mentalities, but those are totally hidden now). It was more understandable when you could see how the sliders and stuff changed.

Look in the CONS section.

Depends on the tactic. You're talking about YOUR tactic, so show YOUR tactic.

Doesn't make sense, does it? Thanks for your thoughts.

Tell you what doesn't make sense. Asking these questions without either showing us the scout report or the tactic itself.

Hope this helps.

Archived