The longest you've ever had a player on loan

After acquiring the services of a half-decent Spanish regen on loan for my mid-table Eredivisie side for the 3rd year running, I wondered if anyone else had done the same, or even had a player on loan for far longer than that.

He always seems happy at his current club, is always listed for loan but is very happy to join me every season. I'm in danger of my all-time record scorer being a player I've never even owned!

I've had an Egyptian striker on loan from Madrid for 4 seasons now, in the 3rd season he somehow won the Ballon D'or and World Player of the Year. Signed a massive contract with Real last season as well when I tried to get him on a free.

Had a player on loan for 2 seasons and thought I'd sign him on a free, but he signed a new contract with his club, just to go on loan with me again for another 2 seasons. Then I signed him on a free. Weird that his club gave him a new contract just to loan him out and release him. He's a world class player. Had a couple of other 4 season loans too.

A couple of 4 consecutive seasons for me, occasionally followed by signing permanently after release.

I managed to get an extremely talented player for 24-months in one-deal, paying 0% of his wages without an option for his club to recall him! I'm really hoping I can extend on the same deal when it's up, he's my best player.

I've had a few for about 2-4 seasons on loan, usually from Barca as there youth production is insane and only top class wonderkids break through.

Have sometimes managed to buy them on FM15 but mostly the owning team decided they're first-team (karim rekik) or another larger club come in and buy them (Jack Grealish).

Archived