Scout Report Issue

Hi everyone,

First of all I apologise if this has been brought up before. The issue I have with the scout report system is the following:

I ask my scout to go and find me promising advanced playmakers, at the time of writing this he has found 2 players, both of whom he tells I shouldn't sign because of the amount of doubts he has about the player.

1 of the players has a 4.5 potential rating.

Surely in real life managers are not informed of the players the scout has loads of doubts about.

Am I the only one who thinks I shouldn't see these reports. Or is the players CA out weighing the players PA making my scout tell me not to sign him.

Hi everyone,

First of all I apologise if this has been brought up before. The issue I have with the scout report system is the following:

I ask my scout to go and find me promising advanced playmakers, at the time of writing this he has found 2 players, both of whom he tells I shouldn't sign because of the amount of doubts he has about the player.

1 of the players has a 4.5 potential rating.

Surely in real life managers are not informed of the players the scout has loads of doubts about.

Am I the only one who thinks I shouldn't see these reports. Or is the players CA out weighing the players PA making my scout tell me not to sign him.

Well, are there doubts about the player? Have a look at the pros and cons list in the scout report.

With the number of "doubts about the player", regardless of their star ratings, I'm beginning to think I should just keep one or two scouts on staff, hire a DoF with high PA/CA scores to find new players, and use the scouts to check on agent offerings.

I too find that I get a lot of scout reports that state, "Too many doubts, avoid signing" and similar expressions. Part of this, I think, is due to them not having full scouting knowledge of the player. Therefore, if a player looks promising I have a scout track him for a month, so that I get at least 85-100% knowledge.

Then if the Cons-list has some evidence that there's indeed a lot of doubt surrounding that player I let it be, otherwise I try my luck. Cons I try to avoid are:

- Inconsistent Performer

- Dreads Big matches

I just gets annoying for me at times, now and again even if I'm scouting for a first team player. I'm Villa, so I look for Full-Backs mainly but generally need a new team all together, the player CA rating is better than the players I have and still get told not to sign him. Just gets under my skin.

I just want my scout to go "here boss, I've just come back from Spain and here are the list of players I think you should sign." Not "here is a list of 300 players I found but only 9 or 10 of them I think you should sign, but you have to riffle through them all to find which ones they are. Just give my a ring if you need to look elsewhere."

the scouting this year is rather stupid, apparently gomez isn't a worthwhile signing just cos he isn't interested in joining at the moment! surely that should be 'some doubts' etc if he did join he'd be one of the best strikers at the club!

gomez_1.png

the scouting this year is rather stupid, apparently gomez isn't a worthwhile signing just cos he isn't interested in joining at the moment! surely that should be 'some doubts' etc if he did join he'd be one of the best strikers at the club!

gomez_1.png

Well, it isn't worth pursuing, surely? He has zero intention of joining you and he's fairly injury-prone. The scout is correct.

Well, it isn't worth pursuing, surely? He has zero intention of joining you and he's fairly injury-prone. The scout is correct.

Maybe the wording could do with improving. 'Not a worthwhile signing' could be replaced with 'Not worth pursuing' in cases like this.

Archived