Never had a work permit granted

I've just had my 20th~ or so work permit for a player turned down and I don't know why they are constantly being turned down...

This last transfer was for a player called Jorge Correa a 28 year old Argentinia playing for Corinthlans, got him for £11m he plays in the national team and the contract I offered him was for a key player and would of been played every time he was fit to play.

its just getting annoying now that its pointless even having any other continents loaded.

• Administrators

A player must have player for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches of which he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application. Doesn't matter if he plays for the national team if he isn't starting regularly for them.

• Administrators

Sometimes it's due to the fact the player is an 'exceptional talent' and the work permit board has the right to grant a permit under those circumstances. It basically means the player either has a very high CA or PPA.

Ah, good to know.

It doesn't explain why I can sign those players when playing as say, Chelsea, but not playing as say, Leicster.

Wonder if it's to do with the Champions League status, or linked directly to the rep of the club?

• SI Staff

If you have any examples of players not getting a WP who you believe should be getting one, then please start a thread in the bugs forum and upload a save game letting us know the name of the players who you feel are affected by this.

Bugs Forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/449-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

FTP Details - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113

I've had so many non-EU players granted a work permit on appeal (players who don't play for their country). I guess they were considered good talents. However, in too many cases their potential takes a severe hit the second they arrive at my club. For example, I just bought 2 18 year olds with 3,5 star potential after prolonged scouting. They got the permit on appeal, and were promptly adjusted down to 2,5 stars at arrival. Does that mean the Work Permit Board base their decision on my scout reports ... or is a 2,5 star rating actually enough for a permit (seems weird because I view them as garbage players now), OR do they actually have 3,5-ish stars+ but my current coach reports are wrong? It's all very confusing. I use a 19/20 coach for assessing potential.

A player must have player for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches of which he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application. Doesn't matter if he plays for the national team if he isn't starting regularly for them.

Funnily enough, there was an article recently suggesting that as much as 80% of work permit appeals are approved, yet on the game they seem bizarrely strict about it, particularly on FM15.

Funnily enough, there was an article recently suggesting that as much as 80% of work permit appeals are approved, yet on the game they seem bizarrely strict about it, particularly on FM15.

I suspect that is because IRL clubs know the rules and only apply for work permits when they have a strong chance of having it approved.

Compare that to FM where some users aren't as familiar with the rules and don't take note of the scout report (If they have even scouted the player).

Archived