Selling your top players for maximum profit?

Hey everyone,

I am looking for some advice on a situation I haven't encountered before. I have just won the league with Arsenal, first season. In typical Arsenal style, my star players now want to leave :rolleyes: Sanchez and Walcott both want me to double their, already huge, wages whilst Cazorla would like to join Juventus and Koscielny feels he has achieved everything he set out to and wants a new challenge.

Marvellous.

The good news is that I am not actually worried. I have youngsters already at the club, performing well and pushing for an opportunity in each of their positions so I decided that, rather than bankrupt myself with their contracts and spend the rest of my life pandering to their egos, I'll cash in.

The weird thing is that, despite the unrest, I haven't had any offers. Should I offer them out? Should I wait? Will they lose value if I offer out?

Sanchez is player of the season, european golden boot with 31 league goals, 2nd place in world player of the year - I'd expect him to attract some serious $$$, could I expect #60-70m+?

That much is pretty unrealistic, I think. I had a tough time getting £30m. Bit older, worse stats, but I don't know that stats factor in as much a reputation and CA/PA.

I've actually just got a £50m bid from Real Madrid which I have been able to negotiate to £72.25m with clauses. Not a million miles away from the Bale deal at £85m - brings up an interesting question, has anyone managed to beat the Bale transfer? If so, does the game recognise a world record transfer?

Liverpool have come in with £34 for Walcott which I have got to £41m with clauses. It seems that negotiating with the clauses is the way to go.

Nothing yet for Cazorla. Chelsea are the only ones going for Koscielny and I am not selling him to a rival. May lower the price to attract the Italian clubs.

IMO its best way to sell star high performing players to clubs is to offer them to the other clubs. However, for huge offers to come in, there has to be money at the other clubs, so timing is very important.

What i do is:

As soon as i get the message from the board, that tells me what my new transfer budget is (may, june), is start offering my star players for 2 times their value. Most of the times they will sell.

I managed to sell Januzaj for 82 mil (56 up front 9 after 10 int apps, 9 in monthly installments and 8 million after 10 goals) to PSG that way. He was worth 34 mil.

In numurous saves i have sold a lot of high profile players to other clubs for nice fees.

I find that when I offer players out at the end of the season I don't get as much as when I wait until when the board sets transfer and wage budgets. If they have money to spend they seem to spend it no problem.

Didnt read this last post, but basicly what he said.

George Williams for me got offered 2.2mil. 1mil upfront and the rest on clauses. This was just at the January window 2015.

He's a great player for me. However I want more for him, I tried to get it to 16mil but imppssible. Is there anyway I can flaunt him to get higher bids?

George Williams for me got offered 2.2mil. 1mil upfront and the rest on clauses. This was just at the January window 2015.

He's a great player for me. However I want more for him, I tried to get it to 16mil but imppssible. Is there anyway I can flaunt him to get higher bids?

16M :eek: Don't you think that's too much for a guy who is not even a wonder-kid. You might not get that much for even Patrick Roberts. I think FM has made the system bit more realistic this time around, Clubs will bid high only if they value the player good enough.

What i do is:

As soon as i get the message from the board, that tells me what my new transfer budget is (may, june), is start offering my star players for 2 times their value. Most of the times they will sell.

I managed to sell Januzaj for 82 mil (56 up front 9 after 10 int apps, 9 in monthly installments and 8 million after 10 goals) to PSG that way. He was worth 34 mil.

In numurous saves i have sold a lot of high profile players to other clubs for nice fees.

more or less this

but in my experiance there are 3 times where you should try to sell if you want to max out on profit:

the first is roughly when after the session have finished, and players go out on international duty, this is when your players value peak, if you are lucky and a team have money at this point in time you can sometimes get very high fees

the secound is as mentioned when the board tell you your new transfer budget

and the third is 1st of july when most big league's transfer windows open (I supose you could also try when the english window opens which is a bit earlier)

Archived