Work Permits

Hi everyone,

I've had every FM from 2005 onwards and played Championship Manager before that also. This is a problem that I've never come across before, I don't know if it's new or not.

I'm playing as my favourite side Derby, and I'm in the summer between the first and second seasons after winning promotion to the PL. I've spent 1/3 of my transfer budget on a striker called Duvan Zapata, and he's arrived with no work permit. I can't apply for one for another 77 days and my only affiliates are lower league English sides.

I had a quick google and saw a solution to get an affiliate from a country in the EU that has short nationality time requirements, but after requesting an affiliate to gain a work permit, my board found no suitable clubs.

Are there any other solutions to get this guy a work permit or am I going to have to wait for him to become a regular for Colombia (which won't happen if he doesn't play for me) before he can get a work permit?

Thanks in advance.

offer him out for loan, hopefully a club without WP rules will take him and play him. dont sign non EU players who your scout dont think will get a work permit until you have a club you can loan him out to

No club will take him, even for 0% wages which is strange because he's a good player and I bought him from an Italian club so it's not like he'd have an issue of playing abroad.

Have exactly the same issue with a young Iranian L/B, brilliant potential had ten caps when he joined he now has 22 caps but no work permit granted after 2 appeals, my board wont grant a foreign affiliate and no foreign club wants him on loan for nothing seems strange.

Have exactly the same issue with a young Iranian L/B, brilliant potential had ten caps when he joined he now has 22 caps but no work permit granted after 2 appeals, my board wont grant a foreign affiliate and no foreign club wants him on loan for nothing seems strange.

Iran probably aren't ranked in the top 75? nations in the world which they need to be for a player to qualify for a WP.

there is only 1 realistic place left in the EU at the start of the game that you can players to to get a 3 year nationality, that being Bulgaria with Serbia becoming part of the EU in 2020. Northern Ireland and Gibraltar also have 3 year nationality gain but all clubs are semi-professional.

I've not had this issue occour for me in the last couple of games but I remember it happening in FM09 and what i found out was that if you can offer the player a new contract (after they signed but were refused a work permit), when they signed the new contract they automatically gained a permit, so its worth trying to give him a new contract

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had a player marked with "wp", but unlike other players, when you "apply for work permit", nothing happens? No news item, no response, nothing. Like you didn't apply. This is the case every attempt, but only for ONE player!?

Ideas?

Archived