Broken Transfer System?

Im at the start of 5th season with ajax. Cesc Fabregas goes on transfers list for 1 mil his still at chelsea i bid 1 mil its accepted all good. hes wages demands where crazy 190k a week 4-5mil sign on fee agent fee 2 mil i tryed to haggle abit but couldnt get him lower then 150k a week i could only offer max 69k a week sign on fee and agent fee i got about 1 mil lower. so i give up withdraw bid next news feed item is Nottm Forest bid there only in championship its accepted no problem he accepts contract signs Wages only 26k loyalty bonus 300k app fee 3k sub 1k goal 3k year contract

While that seems like an extreme example that should be uploaded for SI to take a look at, it is plausible that players would take less money to stay in the country they are based in. Most would probably go for 69k in Amsterdam over 26k in Nottingham, but a fading Fabregas probably doesn't need the money and the stability is valuable.

As I said, it seems implausible but not 100% implausible, uploading the save would allow SI to say for sure.

If you have a save before the transfer happens, try adding a new manager to Nottm Forest and see what wages he wants.

If its on par with what he accepted in your proper save then you can put it down to him just not wanting to join you, if he wants way over the top wages, then it has to be a bug.

There's a massive difference between this, and the transfer system as a whole being broken. This one doesn't seem right at all, for many reasons, but that doesn't mean the system is broken. Really should upload it to let the devs have a look.

Actually, just realised you mentioned 5th season. So he'd be. what, 31/32? Even then I still think that's a bit early to be winding his career down and going to a Championship club. He's a highly rated player, even at that age I presume.

This has been happening for years.

In a very enjoyable Barcelona career in FM11 or 12 a 30 year old Messi was demanding £350k p/w to extend his contract. I could only offer £275k and he wouldn't budge so he saw out the rest of his contract and left on a free at the end of the season.

He signed for Porto on £40k p/w...

Similar issue with transfers. AI will accept bids of a certain value from other A.I clubs, wont accept the value from human controlled manager.

Similar issue with transfers. AI will accept bids of a certain value from other A.I clubs, wont accept the value from human controlled manager.

I have heard this said a few times but have never seen it myself. It does make sense however, logically if you are perceived as a rival or have a bad relationship with the club they would ask more.

Remember you don't see the clauses / add ons etc. I've noticed it a lot in this version that the AI has started adding more and more clauses in to transfers, actually to the point it's totally unnecessary.

The problem is essentially this: when you make an offer for a player they only take around 1 week to consider your proposal and either accept or reject your club. IRL, especially big-name players leaving on a free, they don't decide their future in the space of 1 week. They'd likely spend a month or two choosing between contract offers before settling on the best option for them, FM doesn't replicate this at the minute. A player could reject an offer from a human club and then 3 weeks later accept a much poorer offer from an AI club, this happens simply because the players don't have any memory of a previous offer made, they can't think to themselves 'hang on, Arsenal offered me £100k more three weeks ago....

It's something I hope they address one-day.

Ok, put yourself in the position of fictional Messi.

You're just past 30, have been playing for Barcelona but now they won't offer you the contract that you want so you choose to leave.

A couple of months goes by and no clubs have been prepared to meet your wage demands but you have been made a few smaller offers, one of which is just over £2 million per year not including any bonuses.

What would you rather do? Sit around earning nothing for a year, letting yourself get rusty and making yourself less of an attractive prospects to top teams therefore reducing the likelihood of you being offered a huge wage, or take the £2 million, continue playing and putting yourself in the shop window, show how good a player you still are and make teams want you.

I know which option I'd choose and it wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing.

Ordinarily, a 30 year old Messi would not be scratching around for a contract and ending up in Portugal. He would have his pick of every club in the world. I'm not sure how this particular Messi's career developed, but unless he's had a massive injury...

I've always been of the opinion that they scale their demands to AI clubs according to that club's wage budget, so they expect less at Porto compared to Barcelona.

The problem is essentially this: when you make an offer for a player they only take around 1 week to consider your proposal and either accept or reject your club. IRL, especially big-name players leaving on a free, they don't decide their future in the space of 1 week. They'd likely spend a month or two choosing between contract offers before settling on the best option for them, FM doesn't replicate this at the minute. A player could reject an offer from a human club and then 3 weeks later accept a much poorer offer from an AI club, this happens simply because the players don't have any memory of a previous offer made, they can't think to themselves 'hang on, Arsenal offered me £100k more three weeks ago....

It's something I hope they address one-day.

this. N.1 feature for FM16 in my personal wishlist, right before the return of the old tactical graphics.

Archived