Dont want to get rid of players :(

Can someone please talk me into selling my players (particularly my Youth regen / home grown players) when I get amazing bids for them!?

I may have a problem :)

I guess, I grow "attached" to them! Or, hopeful that they can make an impact for me.

For example, I have a youth regen that ... spawned (for a lack of a better term) when he was 15. He is now 18 and I am ready to start to introduce him into my main team here and there. His PA is "a star player in the first division" - so I know he has potential.

I've received a 7.5M offer for him, but I don't want to let him go :( I've been looking forward to incorporating him in my side, however, I can get a lot of $ for him!

I feel that even for the players with PA "can be a good first division player" - I still don't want to let go, because I've had an eye on them for years now

Does anyone else have this issue as well?

My best guess is that everyone has that "problem". Players coming through youth systems are pretty valuable in terms of European squads and saving 10s of millions on transfer and agent fees later. If I have a youth product with 3 star plus potential, I have no interest in selling. It's got nothing to do with being attached to them and everything to do with logic.

It really depends on how good they are. I do like to keep players around who I've brought into the team. At Boavista I had a core of 7/8 players who had come through the academy and who were really rather good as well as being home-grown. I was never going to let them go and I ended up taking 5 of them with me when I finally left.

I had a big fall out with one of my younger 1st team players, he's rated as potential key player, I then sent him on loan..............this annoyed me that I'd let it happen, so I went back to an earlier save to put things right.

For me, FM is equal parts strategy game and role-playing game. I get invested in the development and care of my players, and I'll hang onto a veteran player with fading skills just so I can offer them a job in the backroom when they retire. When I move on to a new club, I stay subscribed to the old club and get mad when my former players get mistreated by my successor. And I need a really good reason to deal away talent before their contract runs out - I'd rather loan them out while keeping them under my caring and protective managerial umbrella. And if they have a bad time on loan, they learn to appreciate how they have it back home.

To me money has no real value for me in the game, so talent is > than money. The whole point of having money is to buy more talent, and since you don't have to worry about running the club (since we are but managers, thanks to SI :p ) we can keep our kids and win trophies.

Archived