FM14: Athletic Club - Beti Zurekin

Cedrik

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hEBPQRR.png

January 2016 – Athletic Club

PoWil7K.png

We went behind on 15th minutes after pathetic defending by San José to let him score. Susaeta level the score on 31st minutes which came off Betis's Insua which Susaeta slammed it home. We was all over them in 2nd half and couldn't break them down until Meré found his way through and headed in Herrera's corner to give us 3 points with 5 minutes left.

Was definitely smash and grab for us. We took our chances. Pleased to see Gorroño grabbed his goal for us.

We smashed them to pieces, Guillermo missed handful of chances which is getting annoying now.

I decided to go on holiday and left it to my assistant manager, He went for 4-2-2-2 and a youngish XI and held them to a draw which sees us go into next round.

Captain Herrera handed us 3 points with 2 brilliant strikes.

Massively disappointed with 3-0 loss, we had 2 CCC which we should have taken them. But meh.

First defeat in 7 games against Atlético. We was so unlucky to lose, Casado was guilty one, missed 2 easy chances to level or win the game for us.

Close but no cigar. We stuffed them but just couldn't find that touch to put it in the back of the net. Gorroño was superb for us and got MOTM.

Another poor performance despite won the game. We should have wrapped it up before Guillermo's winner but hey ho.

MM13Bl7.png

We are falling behind against Real Madrid, I can't see us catching them now. 2nd place is the main objective.

Finished season 1

League - 2nd place

1st - Real Madrid - 81 points

2nd - Athletic Bilbao - 76 points

3rd - Barcelona - 72 points

First 15 games of the season i won 13 drew 1 and lost 1

after that form was patchy, lost Ander in january for 8 months to injury which dented my form

Last 10 games 3 wins 1 draw and 6 losses, Madrid hit form at the end of the season to clinch the title, Done the double over Real Madrid and beat sevilla 7-2

Signed - Sebas, Mere and Pino for a total of £1.87m

Sold - Unai Albizua for £675k

Lost to Atletico Madrid in the spanish cup

2nd season so far

Signings - Ruffier - £6m, Raul Garcia - £5m and a 16 y.o regen defender Javier from Murcia for £850k 5 star potential

Sold - Inigo Perez - £2.4m (moaned about not playing enough and wanting a new challenge) Irazaoiz - £250k no longer first choice so let him go. Also loaned out various youngsters

League so far

1st Barcelona pl 17 43 points

2nd Real Madrid pl 15 41 points

3rd Athletic pl 17 41 points

Barcelona Home and Real Away were games 2 and 3 of the season

Champions League

1st Arsenal 12

2nd Schalke 10

3rd Athletic 8

4th Trabzonspor 4

If i had performed better and had some luck against trabzonspor who drew and beat me, i would of taken schalkes spot

Europa Leage

Been draw against Bursaspor in the 1st K.O Round, Sampdoria or PAOK wait for the winners

Spanish Cup

Ontinyent Won 14-1 over the 2 legs - Ibai gomez hitting 7 of those, played a young squad as well

So far Real Madrid have signed Griezmann for £25.5m and Azpilicueta for £31.5m

No bigger name players are interested in joining yet

2nd season finished

League another 2nd place finish

1st R.Madrid 98 points +81 G.D

2nd Athletic Bilbao 95 points +67 G.D

3rd Barcelona 88 points +59 G.D

Spanish Cup

Lost in the quarters to barcelona

Champions League finished 3rd in the group

Europa League lost to bayern in the quarters on away goals

Signed Zaldua for £2.2m in january and sold ekiza for £950k

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just taken over Bilboa in an ongoing Career save. Only 1.5 seasons into the game, but already my 3rd job (poor first season at Leverkusen = sacked, 6 months of failing to turn around a poor Wolfsburg team = jumped ship).

Have always enjoyed the basque challenge in past FM's. Laporte is already gone when i join, but the club did get £30million for him to Real. However Natxo Monreal has been signed from Arsenal before i joined which is a nice bonus.

I have £25million to spend, but both Inigo (Barca) and Griezemann are off the market for now. Got Ruffier as the keepers are suspect, with Iraizoz on the decline by now. ALso got Raul Garcia, who had been transfer listed by Athletico at the start of the game, signed by me at Leverkusen and then transfer listed by my replacement there. Happy to take him as i love his all round game.

Strikers are the other problem. Aduriz has past his best by now and declining big time. Kike Sola never going to cut it. Guillermo is 21 and decent stats but his performances look to have been poor. I might look to find the best role for him, although i am also tempted to play Munian as a F9, because we have 3 good options on the wing (Susueta, Marcos and Ibai Gomez).

Overall the squad has a very nice balance. Arteta might be available to me as he is only rotation option at Arsenal but i have no real need for him. Iturraspe, Benat, Herrerra and Raul Garcia cover me in CM, along with Ruiz de Galaretta who has developed well.

need to settle on a tactic/system, as so far in this save mine have been absolutely disastrous!

Archived