[FM 13.3] USA Expansion v1: MLS, NASL, USL PRO, PDL, NPSL, NCAA

I know NASL expects teams to spend 2-3 million on salaries. MN Stars had the lowest payroll in the league when they won at 1.2 million. USL Pro is trickier and varies bbut is usually in the 500K-1.1 million range, with a club with Orlando City being higher.

OK I'll make those changes. Any idea if there is prize money awarded to teams in those leagues for final position.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In real life the PDL is essentially a semi-pro league. It gives college players the opportunity to play games without forfeiting their amateur status, which they must maintain in order to play college (NCAA) soccer. That's why in FM the MLS Superdraft has always drawn from the PDL.

Impossible to replicate in this game, obviously.

So do PDL players receive a wage, or they are on completely amateur contracts?

So do PDL players receive a wage, or they are on completely amateur contracts?

The players who aren't college players receive some kind of small wage, but I do not believe the college players are allowed to by NCAA rule. If they are paid while playing for a PDL team, it's a very small amount.

The players who aren't college players receive some kind of small wage, but I do not believe the college players are allowed to by NCAA rule. If they are paid while playing for a PDL team, it's a very small amount.

I do believe they're paid but it's essentially a stipend as they can't receive any kind of salary otherwise they would lose their college eligibility.

Do not know about NASL prize money, would be a total guess.

So is my only option to wait for the next file? I've got 3+ million in unused payroll budget, can't offer above 52K/year

It's very possible that no matter what I do anything more than that may not be possible. I'm not sure but I assume the game uses things such as team reputation, competition reputation, nation reputation, wage settings for nation etc to work out max contract offers. I've been researching a bit today and I've seen that some NASL teams seem to have budgets of 400,000 a year, so with say a 24 man squad that works out at 16K a man.

Here is a link to NCAA logos, plus a few logos for the new NASL and USL teams. http://www.mediafire.com/?r0t2cx33frdrt6x

I remember doing my own logos for FM11, and also downloading some. I finally found these NCAA logos on my old PC and have no idea if they are mine, or the ones I downloaded so sorry if I'm uploading someone else's hard work.

It's very possible that no matter what I do anything more than that may not be possible. I'm not sure but I assume the game uses things such as team reputation, competition reputation, nation reputation, wage settings for nation etc to work out max contract offers. I've been researching a bit today and I've seen that some NASL teams seem to have budgets of 400,000 a year, so with say a 24 man squad that works out at 16K a man.

Budgets are a bit higher than that, especially New York's. There must be a way to alter it, it's not even scaling the wages correctly. I can offer a youth player 52k/year, the exact same I can offer a key player. Only a very small variation in signing bonus/agent bonus. Can't even sign players from USL Pro right now, wage demands are too high. Only option to sign tons of players on loan from MLS clubs and pick up some PDL scrubs.

This is what the guy from the NASL emailed me back regarding prize money:

As an avid Football Manager player I appreciate your interest. I will check to get an answer. Last season we did not though this season the plan was to do so, but I am not sure the $ amounts.

I will let you know ASAP.

So apparently he plays FM. I'll let you know if he gets back to me.

Budgets are a bit higher than that, especially New York's. There must be a way to alter it, it's not even scaling the wages correctly. I can offer a youth player 52k/year, the exact same I can offer a key player. Only a very small variation in signing bonus/agent bonus. Can't even sign players from USL Pro right now, wage demands are too high. Only option to sign tons of players on loan from MLS clubs and pick up some PDL scrubs.

I'd need to keep playing with different numbers but this is an issue I've already been struggling with. The fact that young players demands are so high is very difficult to overcome. To make it so that USL Pro teams wouldn't have almost empty squads after a few years, I had to make it possible for the teams to sign players on non-contact deals. It seems to be a fallout from how the US is coded by the game, and without completely removing all MLS rules, this may be as good as it gets.

DOes anyone else have trouble with squad registration with the NCAA?

What exactly is the problem? I had been thinking of removing squad registration at this level as the MLS transfer dates copy down to all other levels and mess up registration.

Nevermind, seems to be working. Apologies, I jumped the gun on that one.

No problem.

Would editing the USA's "Weekly Salary Values" in the editor change anything?

I remember I did this in previous versions but it didn't seem to make much of a difference and gave me failed changes when the latest patch came out so I removed those changes to USA nation and didn't bother to enter that data again. I set them again last night and while I can still only offer full contacts in NASL, there seems to be a much greater range of values I can offer. I'll check it out more when I'm home.

I'm testing something else at the moment, but I've noticed that NY Cosmos are paying higher wages, one player on 110K a year for example. I have increased their reputation, they are still below the reps of MLS teams, but are highest in the NASL.

So, in my current game (2013, 1st season) the NCAA tournament started late and now all my players are on vacation and I'm having to play it with grays.

I've fixed the problem that was delaying the conference tournaments, so the NCAA tournament now has the right dates. I'm also working on a fix for this problem.

I don't know if its been noted but the next season of the NASL isn't being scheduled in my game after the first it never happens again.

I've never seen that happen in the hundreds of tests I've done. Did you make any changes to the file?

I've never seen that happen in the hundreds of tests I've done. Did you make any changes to the file?
No but I just realized I had a whole slew of African agents and player editor files selected too. Probably the cause

Unfortunately further work on this file has been held up by a crash which was occurring at random times during the game. After literally days of testing the only logical conclusion I can reach is that the editor has somehow corrupted the database changes somewhere along the way. The last week I had been adding managers to all NCAA teams, and this seems to be the cause. The reason for suspecting this is that the file works fine in view-only mode, yet crashes even when I use the original US rules. Another strange thing was I had no failed db changes when saved as a dbc, but saving it as an xml brought 4 failed changes.

I have a list of changes and version numbers so I'm working my way back to see when the last stable version of the database was. Then I can attempt to continue once again adding staff for NCAA. I cannot give a planed schedule for release, as it depends on how long it takes me to find a version that is entirely stable. This takes time as testing needs to be done in full mode with all US leagues loaded.

Unfortunately further work on this file has been held up by a crash which was occurring at random times during the game. After literally days of testing the only logical conclusion I can reach is that the editor has somehow corrupted the database changes somewhere along the way. The last week I had been adding managers to all NCAA teams, and this seems to be the cause. The reason for suspecting this is that the file works fine in view-only mode, yet crashes even when I use the original US rules. Another strange thing was I had no failed db changes when saved as a dbc, but saving it as an xml brought 4 failed changes.

I have a list of changes and version numbers so I'm working my way back to see when the last stable version of the database was. Then I can attempt to continue once again adding staff for NCAA. I cannot give a planed schedule for release, as it depends on how long it takes me to find a version that is entirely stable. This takes time as testing needs to be done in full mode with all US leagues loaded.

Been there my friend, such a ball ache! Good luck with it.

Fingers crossed. Still looking forward to the next release.

Is there a specific date or timeframe the crash seems to be occurring?

No I would say it's semi-random. It either happens on 29 Oct or some in March, May, Aug or even some other dates. I think I've exhausted all possible causes, removing leagues, cups, squad rules etc. Anyway I've been testing a previous version during and that has got to 2024 with no problems. That one has managers added for 9 of the NCAA conferences so I'll restart for there, hoping that the problem doesn't happen again.

Archived