new position training , important thing that i dont know the answer

i have AMR player, he was yellow on AML. i trained him for AML and he is playing there. now he is green on AML. i want to remove new position training from him, so he can train 100% on inside forward training.

problem i had on previous versions of FM, when i removed position training from player, he lost green very fast and it was yellow again. or even worse, he lose that position completley.

is it same on this version of FM13?

• 2 weeks later...
You have to keep playing him in the new regular or he'll lose it. But once he's learnt it you can change his training but he must still play that position in the team.

he must learn accomplished or even better, natural? when can i remove him?

• SI Staff

IMO, once a player is natural you can remove the training; at all the player can not learn more that what he already knows. The main matters; as told Cleon, is to make him play in the new position.

This is quite logical...if you train a player to a new position; it's just to make him play there. If not..it just means that actually he doesn't need to learn this new position.

Have a nice day

• 3 weeks later...

If you're training a player in a new role, do you also need to be playing him in that new position the whole time? For example, if training an AMC to also play as a Striker, can you successfully rotate him between the positions? I assume it just means it might take him longer to get natural at the new position. I'd like to avoid losing a key player to a "season in transition"

If you're training a player in a new role, do you also need to be playing him in that new position the whole time? For example, if training an AMC to also play as a Striker, can you successfully rotate him between the positions? I assume it just means it might take him longer to get natural at the new position. I'd like to avoid losing a key player to a "season in transition"

It'll take longer if he's not playing the position you're training, and depending on his hidden adaptability attribute he may never become a natural at the new position unless he plays there exclusively. Likewise if you're switching him between multiple positions you may need to leave him permanently on training: some plays will lose natural after only a game or two in their old position without constant training. I hate dealing with those players, even if you're careful it can happen because their national manager or your reserve manager plays them there!

Really though it's not a big deal since players play fine even if they're only accomplished, I just get obsessive about the bright green dots.

If you train until become natural, you can remove without forget.

I beg to differ. Recently I have re-trained a striker to play MC. I trained him until he was natural in MC and he is a starter in my first team as a MC. Despite that he lost the "natural" status in MC the same season. Pretty irritating that he slowly forgets about the position he always plays in.

So if a player "Loses" this position does it go all the way down to red?

It will gradually go down, I have seen a player lose a position completely over the course of several seasons (I had trained him for DM from scratch and then changed to a formation that no longer used that position).

I beg to differ. Recently I have re-trained a striker to play MC. I trained him until he was natural in MC and he is a starter in my first team as a MC. Despite that he lost the "natural" status in MC the same season. Pretty irritating that he slowly forgets about the position he always plays in.

This isn't true at all. He'd not lose natural once it reaches natural and you still play him there. He'd only lose it if you stopped him playing it.

how do you lose natural position? if player has only one natural position and he is on the bench for half a season does he become a waiter or chef if i do not use him?

i think it is quite stupid players lose their natural positions. id also argue once position becomes acomplished it shouldnt disappear. others i have no objections.

I agree, a player should never lose a natural position. I mean, that's his "natural" game, why would he forget how to play it?

Archived