The Commentators Curse: Volume 1 – The Battle of the ‘stans’ (Holiday / Sign Up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeoAC:

Toronto Supra...........

Someone get me outta here........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your playing regularly and classed as 'indepensible to the club', but yeah you could do with a move. Around the time most seasons end you should pick up some interest hopefully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not surprised I'm listed as indispensible, but the fact remains I'm on a team that plays no actual games, seeing as Canada has no domestic league of their own. It can't be all that good for my development, you know the whole only playing for fun aspect.....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player Cam Match Report

Weds 8th Nov: Tom (10th) v (5th) Rubin - league match

After the poor backline showing in the last game, Taraldo starts at right back in a 4-4-2 system.

A quiet first half, Tom having more attacking threat by far. Taraldo looking solid though.

HT: Tom 0 v 0 Rubin

1st Half stats

Rubin go 1-0 ahead with a penalty after 56 minutes.

Tom equalise after 75 minutes after a nice move down their left flank. Not much Taraldo could do, he was outnumbered two against one.

Tom score on 80 minutes, but it is ruled out for offside - fortunately for Taraldo as he was out of position there.

However, 3 minutes later Tom take the leaad when one of their defenders came up for a freekick and had a free header 6 yards out.

FT: Tom 2 v 1 Rubin

Full Time Player Stats

A solid 7 for Taraldo, who did well and couldn't be blamed for either goal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeoAC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Toronto Supra...........

Someone get me outta here........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your playing regularly and classed as 'indepensible to the club', but yeah you could do with a move. Around the time most seasons end you should pick up some interest hopefully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not surprised I'm listed as indispensible, but the fact remains I'm on a team that plays no actual games, seeing as Canada has no domestic league of their own. It can't be all that good for my development, you know the whole only playing for fun aspect..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, if he stays there in the long term definitely - although I've just looked back at Ryan's initial screenshot and compared it to his profile now and you would be surprised at the amount of attributes that have gone up. icon14.gif

Games played screenshots up next

Week ending Sun 12th November 2006

Birkinaldo is considering his options at Tranmere (but is willing to stay at the club). He's only been there just over a month!!!

Everyone else is happy at their club btw, not sure about Libertinho though as he has gone 'on holiday', bloody slacker icon_wink.gif

Selim Atas is now also being tutored, by none other than Fernando Torres!

Round up of current injuries:

Maldinov - 2 weeks with a damaged heel.

Dumats - 2 to 4 weeks with a back strain.

Swinson - 1 week with a facial injury.

Freealdinho - just very tired, though the amount of games he has been playing for Torquay I'm not surprised!

Kyrgyzstan Player Stats

Turkmenistan Player Stats

Just a note about Atas and Gonzalez - the games played for you are only your respective team's C teams. Although you have both made a couple of brief appearances for the main team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho - just very tired, though the amount of games he has been playing for Torquay I'm not surprised! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anything to help Torquay stay in the league!

Week ending Sun 19th November 2006

This weeks news is dominated by injuries:

Selim Atas is out for 4 weeks with a torn groin muscle.

Habib Halali is out for a couple of days with a cold.

Birkinaldo is out for 2 weeks with a facial injury.

Freealdinho is out for 2 weeks with a broken nose.

Also, Zuvzonamin Lui has gone 'on holiday'.

The Russian League ended today, with neither Rubin or Amkar able to achieve European places or be relegated.

Russian Final League Table

Taraldo did not feature for Rubin again today, so no player cam report. Rubin drew 1-1 with FC Moscow. I've noted that his morale is 'very poor' at the moment but nothing negative is mentionned in his personal section.

Dumats has been out injured for a while for Amkar so hasn't really had much of a chance to shine.

Good showing so far!

Hermandinho is having a difficult time in Braga! No appearances yet. And here I thought, Hermandinho is the perfect defender for a Portugese side (Marks oppo closely AND winds up oppo)

What's the competition like for center backs?

Missed several updates today and last night, here's my recap.

Worth £2.6m icon14.gif.

Scoring for Kyrygstan on my debut icon14.gif 25 yarder too icon_cool.gif Alan and Bill a great partnership already.

Debut for Sevilla off bench and then a start, and an assist icon14.gif.

Hope Fredi will make a good scorer of me yet.

Great updates WW icon14.gif.

Week ending Sun 26th November 2006

Nothing to report! Week of silence - world rankings were updated again, but neither team has moved due to general international teams inactivity.

Player Cam - December

I have decided that player cam this month will follow.... Fabinov Maldinov. Albinoleffe have 4 matches till the xmas break and with one of their keepers injured - hopefully he can put in a few starts for them.

Your questions answered:

Sam Taphouse has made only 1 subsitute appearance for Man City, but is a regular started for their U18s team. Playing on the right wing, he has made 11 starts + 2 sub apps, scoring 4 goals and has 1 assist.

Av Rat of 6.77.

Hermandinho looks to be 3rd in line currently at Braga for the centreback role - just appears to have been unfortunate that nobody has got injured of late. Appears to be on the subs bench a fair bit in recent weeks, just not coming on.

Wisla - if only your player was called Ted, imagine the headlines: Bill and Ted on song for Kyrgyzstan icon_biggrin.gif

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 2nd Dec: Frosinone (11th) v (9th) Albinoleffe - league match

Maldinov starts the game, Albinoleffe playing a 4-4-2 formation.

Frosinone score after just 8 minutes, from a freekick right on the 18 yard line, central. Maldinov didn't have a chance.

Maldinov make a couple of good saves over the next 20 minutes, then a fantastic save, tipping a long shot around the post.

Albinoleffe equalise with a 20 yard freekick after 34 minutes.

HT: Frosinone 1 v 1 Albinoleffe

Half Time Stats

A strong first half from Maldinov, looking good.

After such an entertaining first half, I was a bit surprised that absolutely nothing happened in the 2nd half.

FT: Frosinone 1 v 1 Albinoleffe

Full Time Player Stats

A good game for Maldinov, the only reason I can possibly suggest why his rating fell in the second half was because he had very little to do!

Everyone else is happy at their club btw, not sure about Libertinho though as he has gone 'on holiday', bloody slacker icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! I'm entitled to a holiday after my three games this season! icon_cool.gif

Any chance of seeing my av. rating and any other stats from those three games before all they're all reset for next season? Also if I stay at this Swedish team can you still see their matches as they got relegated?

KUTGW. Loving the player cam idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Any chance of seeing my av. rating and any other stats from those three games before all they're all reset for next season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scrap that bit. Just realised my stats are there in the Turkmenistan screeny.

Looks like I had a possitive influence or I just outshone my fellow team mates with an average of 7!

Week ending Sun 3rd December 2006

Dimitar Berbatov has been crowned World Player of the Year. Perhaps one of you lads can lay claim to that title in the future icon_smile.gif

Salman Al-Dahash is the first person to pick up a PPM from his tutor - he now likes to 'get forward whenever possible'. On the downside, he has got a thigh strain and will be out for the next 2-3 weeks.

George Robson has apparently become disillusioned with life in Italy and is reportedly looking to move away from Vicenza soon.

First big injury: Roberto Rossini has broken his ankle and will be out for up to the next 3 months.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LibLibertine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Any chance of seeing my av. rating and any other stats from those three games before all they're all reset for next season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scrap that bit. Just realised my stats are there in the Turkmenistan screeny.

Looks like I had a possitive influence or I just outshone my fellow team mates with an average of 7! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately your 3 games still ended in defeat - would say thats more to do with the other 10 men on the pitch beside you though icon_rolleyes.gif

If you stay at the club I won't be able to see your league match games, only the Swedish cup games.

Player Cam Match Report

Weds 6th Dec: Rimini (14th) v (10th) Albinoleffe - league match

Maldinov starts this match, behind a 4-4-2 formation.

Rimini had the better of the 1st half, but neither team managed a shot on target, hence..

HT: Rimini 0 v 0 Albinoleffe

Half Time Stats

Maldinov has to make a save at last after 51 minutes, with a good tip over from a header.

Rimini go ahead after 53 minutes, a free kick to the back post is headed in.

Albinoleffe hit straight back 2 minutes later, with a 30 yard curler into the top lefthand corner of the Rimini goal. Absolute belter.

Rimini had slightly the better of the last 30 minutes, unlucky to not score when their striker headed against the bar with only 3 minutes to go.

FT: Rimini 1 v 1 Albinoleffe

Full Time Player Stats

Another positive performance by Maldinov.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 9th Dec: Albinoleffe (11) v (12) Vicenza - league match

3rd game of player cam, 3rd game Maldinov starts the match. 4-4-2 as usual for Albinoleffe.

15 minutes in, Albinoleffe cross the ball in from deep on the right and the left mid is there at the back post to finish neatly.

On 20 minutes Maldinov pushes a Vicenza shot onto the post and the defenders clear to saftey after they had initially given the ball away cheaply.

Vicenza's striker misses an absolute sitter from 6 yards, shot ends up in row z.

HT: Albinoleffe 1 v 0 Vicenza

Half Time Stats

Only called upon to make one save, but Maldinov was there when needed.

It was coming. Vicenza had shot after shot on goal (all off target mind), but their first shot on target in the 2nd half results in a goal from a close range header in the 75th minute.

In the 80th minute, Vicenza are harshly awarded a penalty, which Maldinov couldn't stop.

Maldinov saves a one on one in the dying seconds, but it doesn't matter really.

FT: Albinoleffe 1 v 2 Vicenza

Full Time Player Stats

Can't argue with his match rating again.

I'm beginning to think player cam maybe a bad luck curse on which team is being followed. I have now covered 10 games in player cam mode and only once has the team being followed won! icon_eek.gif Good thing I'm not superstituous icon_biggrin.gif

Week ending Sunday 10th December 2006

The Champions league group stages drew to a close earlier in the week, here are the group tables:

Groups A-D

Groups E-H

Professor Frink was criticised earlier in the week by his Bournemouth manager Kevin Bond for his poor performances of late. True he got a 5 in his last game, but his past five matches have been 7-7-7-8-5. Bit harsh me thinks.

Turkus Mendieta is now being tutored by Adriano (not the one your probably thinking of), the Sevilla left back.

Just Mendieta, Robson + Bartinho have yet to make their debuts for their clubs 1st team yet.

Thats it for tonight, should be able to do a few updates during the day tomorrow icon14.gif

Professor Frink was criticised earlier in the week by his Bournemouth manager Kevin Bond for his poor performances of late. True he got a 5 in his last game, but his past five matches have been 7-7-7-8-5. Bit harsh me thinks.

Turkus Mendieta is now being tutored by Adriano (not the one your probably thinking of), the Sevilla left back.

Just Mendieta, Robson + Bartinho have yet to make their debuts for their clubs 1st team yet.

Bournemouth manager, what a tard.

Nice to see a famous name tutoring mendieta.

Oh well, you have to wait your turn sometimes with first team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Professor Frink was criticised earlier in the week by his Bournemouth manager Kevin Bond for his poor performances of late. True he got a 5 in his last game, but his past five matches have been 7-7-7-8-5. Bit harsh me thinks.

Just Mendieta, Robson + Bartinho have yet to make their debuts for their clubs 1st team yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bournemouth manager, what a tard.

Nice to see a famous name tutoring mendieta.

Oh well, you have to wait your turn sometimes with first team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SJ234:

whats happening to the bigman santiago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alvaro De Santiago is still learning from Andres Palop. He is the regular keep for the Sevilla U19s team, playing 13 times for them, conceding 7 and keeping 7 clean sheets. Has an Av Rat of 7.31.

He has made only one appearance for the Sevilla 1st team as yet.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 16th Dec: Brescia (12th) v (13th) Albinoleffe - league match

The last match of player cam for Maldinov and he is starting in goal again.

Maldinov is called into action after 9 minutes, diving full stretch to tip a cross/shot over the bar.

As you can say from the stats, a stalemate so far.

HT: Brescia 0 v 0 Albinoleffe

Half Time Stats

Albinoleffe have a chance to take the lead after 65 minutes, but the Brescia keeper makes a good save from close range.

Around 80 minutes, a frantic scramble in the Albinoleffe area and a couple of lunging blocks, ultimately leads to a clearance.

FT: Brescia 0 v 0 Albinoleffe

Full Time Player Stats

As the match commentary suggested, Albinoleffe will take this as it was only Brescia who looked vaguely like winning this. Another faultless performance for Maldinov, lets hope his manager back at Florentina is being kept up to date with his games and he looks a strong prospect for the future.

Week ending Sunday 17th December 2006

The UEFA Cup group stages have now finished, involving Koppers of FC Twente

Group A

Koppers was involved in the last game of the group, winning 3-1 at home to Newcastle

Hermandinho's Braga were also involved, although they faired less well

Group E

Just for Koppers to see who he is playing next:

UEFA Cup 1st KO Round Draw

None of the 32's clubs are involved in the Champions League anymore unfortunately:

Champs League 1st KO Round Draw

Davo is out for a couple of days with food poisoning.

Habib Halali is out for 2 weeks with a virus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The UEFA Cup group stages have now finished, involving Koppers of FC Twente

Group A

Koppers was involved in the last game of the group, winning 3-1 at home to Newcastle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Twente is quite a good team. Happy to be there. Hopefully I can manage to play a bigger role in the team.

Are you playing the dutch league by the way?

Week ending Sunday 10th December 2006

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this mean Hermandinho has played for Braga? Good stuff!

Braga out of UEFA Cup icon13.gif

Week ending 24th December 2006

In the run up to xmas, Hermandinho learns that he is to be tutored by Ukrainian legend Andriy Husin (74 caps).

Pablo Gonzalez is banging in the goals for Zaragoza's youth team - 15 in 24 games at a rating of 7.17.

Benj has played 12 games for Mallorca's youth team, with a rating of 6.67.

Bill is out for 3 weeks with a damaged foot.

TeeWee - umm, Hermandinho is playing a minor role... currently consisting of just being on the bench cheering on his team-mates icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, Hermandinho is a good team player, so I'm sure he'll give it his all. And, well, Winds up opponents can also be done from the bench, right? icon_smile.gif

(always trying to give things a positive spin)

Week ending Sunday 31st December 2006

World Rankings Update

They have been released for December and Kyrgyzstan have move up one place to 117th despite not playing.

Turkmenistan remain unchanged at 161st.

Dimitar Berbatov can now add the 'World Footballer of the year' to his earlier 'World Player of the year' award.

Here are the current league standings for your players:

Turkey Super League - For El Loco Bartinho

Spain La Liga - for lots of players!

Portugal Premier League - for Hermandinho and Bill

Italy Serie B - For Maldinov and George Robson

Italy Serie A - For Maldinov as well

England League One - For Prof Frink, Birkinaldo, Davo and Ali Obeid

England Premier League - For a few of a you

Dutch Premier League - for Koppers

Belgian Premier League - for Chaoconov

Week ending Sunday 7th January 2007

Freealdinho's contract expires at the end of June and is currently considering a new contract offer from Torquay.

Luke Swinson's contract with Kidderminster also expires at the end of June and he is also considering a new contract from them.

Azeryk has had an unlucky start to the new year, he has a hip injury and will be out for 2 months.

Lui has rejected a new contract offer from Qingdao, stating that he wants a bigger apperance fee bonus.

After criticism from his manager last month, I have decided it would be apt for Professor Frink to be the player cam player of the month for January.

He was suspended for the first game of the month against Rotherham on new years day (0-0), his next match is on Weds 10th away to Tranmere, where he could play against fellow Kyrgyzstani Jacariah Birkinaldo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

Are you going to post league 2 for me please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to, but I only chose down to League 1 for England icon_rolleyes.gif I didn't think anybody would have been snapped up by league 2 or conference clubs. My apologies icon_frown.gif

All I can tell you is that Torquay went out of the League Cup, FA Cup and Johnstone Paint Trophy all at the 1st round.

Games played screenshots will be put up on Feb 1st, Freealdinho is playing well - top scorer for Torquay this season icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:

Am i still at Man City WW? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, still a regular in their youth team. Only the one sub app for you in the 1st team still </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, didnt think id make anymore First team apps this season. Good that im still a regular in the youth team tho.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Freealdinho's contract expires at the end of June and is currently considering a new contract offer from Torquay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any interest in me considering my contract is nearly up or am I doomed to stay?

I shouldn't really complain- I'm getting first team football and I'm scoring loads too!

Belgian Premier League - for Chaoconov </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Club Brugge!! Oh no, wait, I play for Anderlecht...

Bit confusing to play for a rival of the team I support IRL. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merkezekrem:

tutoring from torres eh, well they say "the horn gets bigger than the ear" or smt similar. but that injury is bad. what about the wages? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, there hasn't been much chnage in the wage situation, due to a lack of new contract. The wages and player value (which is quite interesting) screenshot will be produced on Feb 1st as well.

He has now recovered from his injury, but his tutoring by Torres has also finished and he hasn't picked up any new moves - probably due to the injury.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by merkezekrem:

tutoring from torres eh, well they say "the horn gets bigger than the ear" or smt similar. but that injury is bad. what about the wages? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, there hasn't been much chnage in the wage situation, due to a lack of new contract. The wages and player value (which is quite interesting) screenshot will be produced on Feb 1st as well.

He has now recovered from his injury, but his tutoring by Torres has also finished and he hasn't picked up any new moves - probably due to the injury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif

he was supposed to get injured, that was the plan.

Player Cam Match Report

Weds 10th Jan: Tranmere (8th) v (19th) Bournemouth - league match

Professor Frink starts the match, as does Jacariah Birkinaldo for Tranmere - both teams play a 4-4-2 formation.

2 minutes in and Tranmere's left back heads the ball into his own net. 1-0 Bournemouth.

Tranmere equalise after 27 minutes with a sweeping move, resulting in a deft throughball for Shuker to finish calmly.

A Bournemouth player pings the ball from 30 yards which the Tranmere keeper tips over.

HT: Tranmere 1 v 1 Bournemouth

Half Time Stats

Fairly even first half (Birkinaldo on a 7 rating as well).

Tranmere take the lead after 55 minutes with a header within the 6 yard box from a corner.

Professor Frink is subbed after 78 minutes.

Birkinaldo is then sent off after 83 minutes for a professional foul. Free kick comes to nothing.

2 minutes later, and the extra man advantage tells as Bournemouth get an equaliser. 2-2.

An end to end last 5 minutes with Bournemouth going to a 4-2-4 formation to try and snatch a winner against the 10men. However, in the 2nd minute of injury time, a long ball by Tranmere's RB found Shuker on the left side of the area and he slotted in his 2nd of the game.

FT: Tranmere 3 v 2 Bournemouth

Full Time Bournemouth Stats

A fair result I reckon, with Bournemouth getting too greedy in the last few minutes and paying the price.

Prof Frink gets a 7, Birkinaldo finishes with a 6.

Player Cam Match Report

Sat 13th Jan: Port Vale (21th) v (19th) Bournemouth - league match

Professor Frink starts at centre back again, 4-4-2 formation.

Dreadful start for Bournemouth, Port Vale scoring after just 2 minutes.

Prof Frink heads over from a corner.

Fairly even for the rest of the half.

HT: Port Vale 1 v 0 Bournemouth

Half Time Stats

Bournemouth must have been given a strong word or two at half-time, as a bold start to the half results in Hayter getting an equaliser.

Prof Frink subbed off in the 72nd minute.

Within a minute, a mistake by his replacement lets in the Port Vale striker who makes no mistake in scoring.

FT: Port Vale 2 v 1 Bournemouth

Full Time Player Stats

If the manager hadn't taken Frink off, then maybe they wouldn't have conceded that 2nd goal.

The curse of Player Cam continues - thats only 1 win in 13 games now!!! icon_eek.gif

Good to see my marshalling of the defence is working - second most miserly defence in the whole league - though that sending off sounds slightly worrying, hopefully just a one-off! Good to see i've got one up on the Prof already

Archived