Epic defeats!

Has anyone else suffered horrific defeats in big crucial games like this for instance?

Was leading 5-2 from first leg and despite taking a early lead in Madrid i was trolled hard by FM....

trollinghell.png

I had contain, retain possession the lot on after i scored to hold out the overall lead on aggregate but every attack they scored from!

I blame the defeat on the absence of Steven Taylor through injury :(

So close yet so far! And what makes matters worse is i sit 5th in table just outside top 4 on goal difference so i may not qualify for UCL next season after all the hard work of this season!

Gutted is not the word! :(

The big teams do that sometimes, so I don't think it's entirely unrealistic but since you said it was a big game I'd be a bit suspicious of underhandedness too. Anyone remember Man United/Roma UCL a few years ago? Never saw that coming and will never forget it.

Had exactly the same problem with Newcastle in the Champions League on the last FM, was 4-1 up from the first leg which was at home then went and lost 5-0 in Madrid, wanted to throw my laptop out of a window

Just had something similar, leading 2-0 from the first leg against Barcelona at home with Chelsea, went away to the Camp Nou and got absolutely thrashed, 7-2. They played me off the park, but it was valuable to see the holes in my tactical system, has given me some stuff to improve upon

its your tactics .

i always hate having a big lead after the first leg as your pre match team talk can really screw you up.

personally i would have started with the defensive strategy and use the Get the ball forward / Early Crosses and hassle opponent shouts as they have worked well for me if FM13.

In FM12 my Wigan team got thrashed 8-0 by Chelsea on the opening day of the season,

its your tactics .

i always hate having a big lead after the first leg as your pre match team talk can really screw you up.

personally i would have started with the defensive strategy and use the Get the ball forward / Early Crosses and hassle opponent shouts as they have worked well for me if FM13.

In FM12 my Wigan team got thrashed 8-0 by Chelsea on the opening day of the season,

Considering these same tactics produced this...

Last 16 Barce(Holders) First leg H 5-2 W, Second Leg A 3-1 Loss went through 6-5

Quarters Athletico First Leg H 4-0 W, Second Leg A 2-1 Loss went through 5-2

It was assumed i should be able to defend a lead as i have done in previous games and with taken the lead it was all good! Just Higuain and Ronaldo went to a whole different level and utterly destroyed me! No matter what i did i couldn't stop them!

Best form of defence is attack for me.

You do seem to get the odd defeat like this where your team just implodes. Won the premiership with only two defeats all season but one of them was a 6-0 drubbing by Liverpool at Anfield. What's worse is that they were pretty poor all season and finished 9th!

Yeah I was leading the Euro Cup quarter final 5-1 from the first leg at home, against OM. Lost the away leg 4-0 and went out on away goals.

My pre-match team talk was something along the lines of "stay focused". Naturally half the players "looked to switch off" and the defeat was inevitable :/

Archived