Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

DazRTaylor

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations on the win!

As a Crewe fan(and Sunderland) it's great to see you have Nick Powell, I signed him for Sunderland and have been trying to develop him. Here's a screenshot of him so far

Thanks mate :thup:

Here is Nick Powell with me. I notice his determination is 7 points lower than with you but some others are higher. Good that they develop differently depending on the game:

nickpowelloverviewprofi.jpg

I have just played Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in the F. A. Cup quarter final. The result was especially pleasing as I was born in North Shields... ;)

All this cup success may jeapodise my promotion push. My team is shattered. Just drew three league games in a row, two of them home draws against teams in the bottom six.

Only reason his determination is so high is he was tutored by Cattermole and Lass Diarra, I like the way players can be developed slightly different, I notice you have him on the wing whereas I have been using him mainly as a CM I am annoyed that he is not natural at AMC because in real life he plays mostly as a deep striker/AMC.

I am choosing to simply ignore the Sunderland result lol.

Only reason his determination is so high is he was tutored by Cattermole and Lass Diarra, I like the way players can be developed slightly different, I notice you have him on the wing whereas I have been using him mainly as a CM I am annoyed that he is not natural at AMC because in real life he plays mostly as a deep striker/AMC.

I am choosing to simply ignore the Sunderland result lol.

I have not had anyone to develop him - when I signed him last season, I was a League One side and he went straight into the first team. I agree re development - If you sign the same player in five different saves, you could get five different players. Brilliant :)

Looks like playoffs again. I was top at end of January but now six points behind second place. Seven league games to go.

And lol at your Sunderland comment :D

My teams usually go on a poor run in January.

Normally February for me, as it proved here.

All is going very well in Hertfordshire!

What an excellent cup win; Europe awaits next season! :eek::)

My contract is up and I am in two minds whether to renew it. I have been linked to some big jobs and may go for one of them...

END OF SEASON REVIEW

What can only be described as a memorable season, Watford played an astonishing 60 competitive games in 2014-2015. But what a season! Details are below:

League

Top at the end of the January transfer window, the team, almost hindered by their cup success, continued to drop points as the season went on. I was forced to rotate the side for every match as the players were exhausted. As you can see from my previous post, we had to win the last game and hope Hull slipped up. Well, what happened was something I didn't factor. Whilst I won, so did Hull...yet I still went up! Blackburn lost at home to Blackpool so went from 1st to 3rd in a game and enter the playoffs. Brilliant :D The final league table, after the playoffs, is as follows:

npowerchampionshipoverv.jpg

F. A. Cup

A 4-1 win at West Ham in round four, followed by a 3-0 win at Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, saw us draw fellow Championship outfit Fulham in the semi finals at Wembley Stadium. A comfortable 3-0 win means a second domestic cup final this season, where we played Premier League Tottenham Hotspur. Alas, it was a match too far and, despit Watford taking the lead, Spurs won the cup by beating us 4-2. To be honest, this hugely flatters us as Spurs could of scored seven or eight.

Carling Cup

WINNERS! As detailed elsewhere, the entire competition was memorable for Watford. Some huge scalps, albeit not their entire first team saw us dispatch Man Utd 5-0, Arsenal 7-3 on aggregate and Man City 3-2 in the final.

Players

Player of the Season

On his own up front each and every match, Luke James deserves recognition for his season. 28 goals was a terrific effort and showed me he can step up to the mark.

lukejamesoverviewprofil.jpg

Special Mention

A sensational season on the right wing for Jonathan Schmid. Any other season, he would of been Player of the Season. 22 goals and 10 assists.

jonathanschmidoverviewp.jpg

Former Club Watch

Metalurg Zaparizhzhya

[u][b]Season                        Final League Position       Ukrainian Cup             Champions League              Europa League[/b][/u]                             
2013-14                                8th                2nd round                       n/a                     4th qualifying Round
2014-15                               11th                2nd round                       n/a                     n/a

SEASON 2015-2016 PREVIEW

With the club in Europe this season, I seriously need to bolster the squad. Also, some will be jettisoned as they are Championship players. I am excited as I am now able to sign players my scouts found last year - they wouldn't come to a Championship side, but a Premier League club? Yes please.

The board gave me a massive budget of £20.58m to spend and I spent it all. Indeed, it wasn't actually enough so some deals were put over 48 months.

At this point, I will explain how I operate as a manager. I trust my scouts 100%. I always recruit as many as the board allow and always send them off to the various corners of the world, depending on where I am allowed to send them. I always recruit scouts with the highest possible "Judging Player Ability" & "Judging Player Potential". The following players have all been found, with the exception of Kevin Kern, by my scouts. Kevin Kern was found by his agent offering him to me. I am explaining this as I simply cannot stress just how important my scouts are to me.

Players In

Marquee Signings

• Drissa Diomande - 20 year old Ivorian attacking midfielder who cost me a record £16.5m from Sparta Prague. A stunning signing. Potential to be an all time great.
  • Bakary Koné - 27 year old centre half from Burkina Faso. Signed from Lyon for £4.6m, he turned doen Inter to ply his trade at Vicarage Road.
  • Bartosz Szewczyk - 21 year old Polish centre half, highly rated by many clubs, signed for £5m from Lech Poznan.
  • Danut Nita - Very talented 19 year old Romanian international striker, signed for £5m from FC Vaslui.
  • Dusan Jevremovic - 21 year old Serbian international right back, signed for £4.2, from Slovan Bratislava.

First Team Signings

• Kosmas Gavranidis - Costing a bargain £750,000, this 21 year old Greek international has a huge future. Cannot believe Panathinaikos let him go so cheaply. Will be a beast on the left wing.
  • Yasin Azakli - 18 year old Turkish Under 21 international, this right winger arrives grom Galatasaray for £2.1m.
  • José Araujo - 20 year old Peruvian No 1, signed for only £1.5m from Universidad San Martin.
  • Kevin Kern - 18 year old German defensive midfielder signed on a free transfer after Augsburg released him. Will be a squad player.
  • Micrea Botis - Another 18 year old, this Romanian Under 21 international striker arrived from Otelul for £1m.
  • Waleed Awad - 20 year old Egyptian left winger signed from Al-Gharrafa, a professional club in Qatar for £2m. Amazingly, he failed to get a work permit so I have been forced to loan to my feeder club in Croatia, Vinogradar.
  • Salah Messaoudi - Also signed from Al-Gharrafa, this 19 year old Moroccan central midfielder cost £3m. He also failed to obtain a work permit, so he is on loan at Vinogradar.

Loan Signing

• Gael Andonion - 20 year old French centre half who I re-signed on another year long loan from Chelsea.

Players for the Future

• Aaron Anderson - 19 year old English striker, signed from Yeovil Town for £900,000. Immediately loaned to one of my feeder clubs, Woking, for the season.
  • James Bowerman - Stats wise this 16 year old English striker doesn't look like much but rated 4.5* by my scouts potential wise. Only cost £7,000 anyway, from Truro City, so no risk whatsoever.

Players Out

A grand total of 39 players have been shown the door. Of these, 31 were youth players who just won't make it with the other 8 a mixture of fringe players and players who would struggle in the Premier League.

Squad Overview

So my squad now looks like this. Unbelieveable potential.

watfordsquadplayers.jpg

Good going, but where's your top scorer gone?

He is rotting in the reserves. His agent demanded a new contract, but we couldn't agree one as he wanted too much money. So he threw a strop, demanded a transfer, which I granted. But there are no takers.

Chelsea-FC-logo.jpg

0,,10268~3698315,00.jpg

Club - Chelsea FC

Country - England

Division - Premier League

Media Prediction - 4th

My Expectation - 3rd

Current League Table

We find ourselves in 7th spot, so a top four finish should be achieveable. Chelsea have had two years of struggle, so much so, that this season there is no Champions League football. So that is my priority this year above everything else. Get into the Champions League.

barclayspremierleagueov.jpg

Current Squad

Plenty of ability here.

chelseasquadplayers.jpg

Watford FC

I leave Watford with a clear consicence. When I took over they were in League One. Now they lie in fourth position in the Premier League. They are Carling Cup holders. They are in the Europa League. They are two wins from two in their Europa League group. They have a talented group of young players. They will be fine.

The draw to larger clubs will always bring the quality managers. Now you're one of them :) Congrats on the move and best of luck at Stamford Bridge.

The draw to larger clubs will always bring the quality managers. Now you're one of them :) Congrats on the move and best of luck at Stamford Bridge.

Too good to turn down. Still a few of the old guard there...will you be keeping them or bringing in new blood?

Getting rid. John Terry switches off at every team talk, Torres is woeful, Cahill is out of his depth, Malouda I found rotting in the reserves and Lukaku has failed to fulfill his potential.

I have already arranged the sale of six players, including Torres for £8.5m, Malouda for free, Cahill for £4.4m and Lukaku for £11.5m. Torres demanded I pay him £15.75k per week until the end of his contract which I agreed to: He is on £175k after all!

Getting rid. John Terry switches off at every team talk, Torres is woeful, Cahill is out of his depth, Malouda I found rotting in the reserves and Lukaku has failed to fulfill his potential.

I have already arranged the sale of six players, including Torres for £8.5m, Malouda for free, Cahill for £4.4m and Lukaku for £11.5m. Torres demanded I pay him £15.75k per week until the end of his contract which I agreed to: He is on £175k after all!

Doing well already off the pitch. :thup:

Bit of a revolution happening then.
Doing well already off the pitch. :thup:

The situation is worse than I thought. I am going to have to sell loads of players - I have people sat on the bench earning £170,000 per week!

The second half of the season will be used to gel the replacement players.

MID SEASON UPDATE

I would normally do this at the end of January, but so much is happening, I will do one now, with an additional update should I manage to sign some other players I am after.

Europa League

Chelsea were eliminated before I arrived. They didn't even qualify for the group phase, going down 3-2 on aggregate to Bordeaux of France.

League

We were reasonably placed when I arrived and now we sit in the Champions League spots, in 3rd. We won 11 league games in a row at one stage though have lost the last two, away to Liverpool & Arsenal.

F. A. Cup

We have drawn Southend United, from League One, in the third round.

Carling Cup

We were in the fourth round when I arrived, as Chelsea had already beaten Brentford on penalties in round three. A scare though, as it needed to penalties to beat the League Two side. Southampton, from the Championship, were dispatched 2-0 at home in the fourth round setting up a tie against another Championship side, Reading, in the quarter finals. The result was another 2-0 win. The semi finals see my Chelsea side play Manchester United in a mouthwatering draw.

Transfers

Players In

I would normally separate the new arrivals into Marquee, First Team, Loan & Players for the Future but as I have only signed three players so far, they are as follows:

• Gean - Hugely exciting 18 year old Brazilian striker. Already a full international, he turned me down at Watford in favour of Braga in Portugal. Six months later, he is mine at a cost of £17.5m
  • Remzi Yesil - 18 year old German centre back, signed for £9.5m from FC Bayern. Though young, he will see plenty of game time.
  • Youssouf Coulibaly - 23 year old Ivorian international goalkeeper, he has been signed for the future. Failed to obtain a work permit so is being farmed out to Westerlo until he obtains an EU passport.

Players Out

As detailed earlier, I undertook a huge clearout. 12 players have been sold, raising £53.45m in transfer fees but, more importantly, a massive £521,500 has been saved in wages per week.

MORE NEW ARRIVALS

They have all been signed for the figure indicated as their value. The first two are first team players, Aslak Tonne is the backup keeper and Siyabulea Motloung failed to obtain a work permit. So off to Westerlo for him until he becomes an EU citizen.

rafinhaoverviewprofile.jpg

leandrotorricooverviewp.jpg

aslaktnneoverviewprofil.jpg

siyabulelamotloungoverv.jpg

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Now, sometimes this game is not realistic. Arsenal won the domestic treble. ;) Chelsea were already eliminated from Europe, as detailed in my previous update, so no mention of that in this review.

League

Really chuffed with my 3rd place. Yes, I was six points behind the champions, Arsenal, but one step at a time. More importantly, we are back in the Champions League.

F. A. Cup

We beat League One Southend 4-1 at home in Round three, Championship sides Peterborough (home) 2-0 and Southampton (away) 4-1 in rounds four and five respectively and Premier League Sunderland 4-2 away in the quarter final setting up a semi final with Arsenal at Wembley. Alas, they were too strong on the day and won 3-2.

Carling Cup

It was Manchester United over the two legs in the semi finals and a hard fought 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge saw us humiliated 5-2 at Old Trafford for a 7-4 aggregate drubbing. No Silverware for Chelsea this season.

Players

Player of the Season

In his second season at the club since a £22m transfer from Wolves, the Ecuadoraian right winger was sublime all season. 16 goals & 16 assists are just two of the stats to prove how Antonio Valencia was Chelsea's Player of the Season.

antoniovalenciaoverview.jpg

Special Mention

Well, I expected big things from this wonderkid, but Gean has exceeded all expectations. 18 goals in 22 starts not to mention his 8 assists. And still only 19 years of age! Sensational.

geanoverviewprofile.jpg

Former Club Watch

Metalurg Zaparizhzhya

[u][b]Season                        Final League Position       Ukrainian Cup             Champions League              Europa League[/b][/u]                             
2013-14                                8th                2nd round                       n/a                     4th qualifying Round
2014-15                               11th                2nd round                       n/a                     n/a
2015-16                                4th                2nd round                       n/a                     n/a

Watford

[u][b]Season                        Final League Position       F. A. Cup                 Carling Cup                   Champions League              Europa League[/b][/u] 
2015-16                                7th                5th round                  4th round                         n/a                      2nd knockout round

SEASON 2016-17 PREVIEW

A huge season this year. Roman Abramovic has fired several managers since this game started and with no silverware last season, this next one is massive. I still wanted to reshape the squad and that meant saying good bye to more of the old guard. I spent big on reinforcements. Their fees are their current valuation in the screenshot.

Transfers

Players In

Marquee Signings

• Douglas Costa - A brilliant Brazilian right winger signed from Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Drissa Diomande - Raided my former club Watford to sign the Ivorian.
  • José Araujo - Also from Watford, this Peruvian goalkeeper should be Chelsea number one for over a decade.

First Team Signings

• Brian Kayser - Argentine/French left winger. One to watch.
  • Carlinhos - Young Brazilian. He could the defensive midfielder I have been craving.
  • Salah Messaoudi - Moroccan I had previously signed for Watford. Now with a work permit so will be involved from the off.
  • Antonio - I am surprised Manchester City allowed this gifted striker to come to me. I have high hopes he will form a lethal partnership with fellow Brazilian Gean.
  • Saruh Kirsavoglu - This teenage Turk will compete with Carlinhos for the defensive midfield berth.
  • Sven Frank - German striker recruited from FC Bayern. Will compete with Gean & Antonio for the two forward spots.

Players for the Future

• Alex Okoro - Nigerian right winger denied a work permit so two years in Belgium with Westerlo await.
  • Camilo Escobar - Young American left winger off to Westerlo on loan as he has no work permit.
  • Christopher Hernández - Young Mexican defensive midfielder. Has a work permit but still going to be loaned out.
  • Jack Treloar - Young Australian goalkeeper denied a work permit so he is also off to Westerlo.
  • Jorgen Sigdal - Young Danish goalkeeper. Will be farmed out to the English lower leagues to gain experience.
  • Joseph Asante - Ghanaian striker going to Westerlo to obtain his EU passport.
  • Nick Hut - Dutch attacking midfielder. I will farm him out for a year then he should be in contection next season.
  • Pierre Leveque -French left back. I predict he will be a first team regular by the age of 18.
  • Thorstun Muller - Austrian defensive midfielder. At least a year on loan for him, if not two.
  • Carlos de Palacio - Spanish attacking midfielder. Will be loaned out.

Players Out

Players such as Peter Cech, Juan Mata etc left the club this summer. The funniest, though, was John Terry. He had a whinge to me about me dropping him to the reserves and he spectacularly threw his toys out of the pram - saying he cannot work with me anymore. So we mutually terminated for no compensation. £110,000 per week saved from this guy alone. I do accept prima donnas, no matter who they think they are. In total, eight players have been sold/released raising £57m.

I showed you all this tactic at the start of the this thread:

chelseatacticsoverview.jpg

I have only started using it this season as I have not been sufficently confident I had the right players to use it.

The start to this season has been brilliant and judging by this league result, I think the self made tactic works:

chelseavderbyinformatio.jpg

Archived