DazRTaylor

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MID SEASON UPDATE

Champions League

With a fairly routine group being drawn for us, we qualified with ease:

uefachampionsleagueover.jpg

We have drawn Europa League holders Paris Saint Germain in the first knockout round.

League

The table speaks for itself. Great stuff!

barclayspremierleagueov.jpg

F. A. Cup

We have drawn Plymouth Argyle from League Two in the third round at Home Park.

Carling Cup

A disappointing tournament for us. We went out at the first time of asking, in round three, losing 3-2 at home to Tottenham Hotspur.

Transfers

Players In

Five new arrivals to date, this may get added to throughout the month, though this is unlikely. Most of the five are with a view to the future:

• Waleed Awad - 21 year old Egyptian left winger, signed from my previous club WEatford for £3.9m. Now he has a work permit, he will be loaned out anyway.
  • Marlon - £3m signing from Barcelona, this 19 year old Brazilian adds to my vast array of riches up front.
  • Vesa Jaakkola - Signed for a bargain £100,000 from TPS, this 16 year old defensive midfielder has a bright future.
  • Jeremy Popvich - 18 year old Australian goalkeeper, signed from Sydney Utd for £10,000, he has no work permit, so Belgium is his immediate destination.
  • Alex Diallo - 18 year old Ivorian centre half, signed on a free transfer as his club side, Sabé, decline to offer him a new deal. He was refused a work permit, so three years at Westerlo await.

Players Out

Quite a few have gone out on loan, the only departure of note is the aging David Luiz, for a cool £20m. He left for Manchester City. Pape Fall, a 20 year old French centre, also left for Manchester City for £1.6m after he failed to make the grade at Chelsea.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Champions League

As detailed earlier, we had Paris Saint Germain in the first knockout round. A cracking game in Paris finished in a 4-4 draw. We went through 7-5 on aggregate after beating the Frenchmen 3-1 in the return leg. A tough draw saw us play Inter in the quarter final. A terrific 1-1 draw in the San Siro saw us demolish them 4-1 at home for a 5-2 aggregate victory. The smei finals brought Lyon to Stamford Bridge and, despite Lyon dominating, we sneaked a 1-0 win. Alas, our luck ended as they hammered us 5-1 in France, thus beating us comfortable 5-2 on aggregate. This set up an all French final between Lyon and Marseille.

League

CHAMPIONS!!!!

We had a terrific campaign and dominated from start to finish. Two of our defeats were pretty horrific though. 4-0 losses at Spurs and Cardiff!

barclayspremierleagueov.jpg

F. A. Cup

League Two Plymouth were dispatched

League Cup

Already out at the last update.

Players

Player of the Season

Despite being 32, Leighton Baines was simply magnificent at left back, despite his season being cut short in early March after breaking his foot. 22 assists, never mind his heroic defending, make this chap my Player of the Season.

leightonbainesoverviewp.jpg

Special Mention

Aged just 20, in his first full season as a first team regular, Remzi Yesil was phenomenal at the back. Being the tallest player in the side at 6'1", he went up for every corner and free kick and returned with an unbelieveable 23 goals! From centre back! A future great.

remziyesiloverviewprofi.jpg

Former Club Watch

Metalurg Zaparizhzhya

[u][b]Season                        Final League Position       Ukrainian Cup             Champions League              Europa League[/b][/u]                             
2013-14                                8th                2nd round                       n/a                     4th qualifying Round
2014-15                               11th                2nd round                       n/a                     n/a
2015-16                                4th                2nd round                       n/a                     n/a
2016-17                                4th                2nd round                       n/a                     4th qualifying round

Watford

[u][b]Season                        Final League Position       F. A. Cup                 Carling Cup                   Champions League              Europa League[/b][/u] 
2015-16                                7th                5th round                  4th round                          n/a                     2nd knockout round
2016-17                                7th                3rd round                  Quarter finals                     n/a                     2nd knockout round

BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN

bayer_leverkusen_logo_3371.gif

bayarena_g2_c252d7011b.jpg

Club - Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Country - Germany

Division - Bundesliga

Media Prediction - 3rd

My Expectation - 1st

Runners up last season, I expect to go one better. The set up is here, the players are here so no reason why we cannot do it.

Players

My squad has enough talent to work with. A few new additions and we are set to go!

bayer04leverkusensquadp.jpg

Good luck with the next mission, thought it feels like you'd only just arrived at Chelsea.

Yep but all targets met, aside from the Champions League and I can get that elsewhere :)

Good luck in Germany.

Cheers mate.

Well, that was brief! Did a great job in a short amount time, though :)
Good move :) Winning in England and time to get on with it!

Thanks guys :)

SEASON 2017-18 PREVIEW

Transfers

Players In

Marquee Signings

• Miguel Darío Rincón - Young Colombian centre half. Has the potential to be a world leading defender
  • Michal Snajdr - A lot is expected from this young Czech left back, signed from Sparta Prague.

First Team Signings

• Kosmas Gavranidis - Young Greek left winger recruited from Watford.
  • Marlon - The lesser known of Chelsea's Brazilian youngsters. As he was behind Gean, Neymar & Antonio for a striker position, he came to me, permanently.
  • Salah Messaoudi - Young Moroccan midfielder signed from Chelsea.
  • Youssouf Coulibaly - Third choice goalkeeper at Chelsea, he has signed to compete with Bernd Leno for a place between the sticks.
  • Tino Barac - 17 year old defender who can also play in midfield, signed for a bargain £1.2m from Dinamo in his native Croatia.
  • Jeffrey Molefe - Another youngster, this South African artrives from Juventus.

Loan Signings

• Alex Okoro - Young Nigerian right winger, signed for a year's loan from Chelsea.
  • Nick Hut - An attacking midfielder, this Dutchman has also arrived from Chelsea for a year's loan.
  • Alex Diallo - Completing a hat trick, this young centre half from the Ivory Coast also comes from Chelsea for a season.

Players for the Future

• Luigi Pagano - An exciting 15 year old German/Italian attacking midfielder, this youngster signed from Mainz.
  • Choi Sang-Chul - Young South Korean forward, without a club since being released by Chunnam.
  • Dimitri Muza - 20 year old Brazilian defensive midfielder, signed on a free transfer since his contract with Valencia was not renewed.

Players Out

As per usual with any new club, a huge clearout was undertaken. Far too many players on the books meant the end of the road for some as 16 players moved on. This raised £19.75m.

MID SEASON UPDATE

Champions League

I was rather fortunate as the standard of Serie A has slipped alarmingly and Valencia had eight players out injured when I beat them away. I have a bum draw in the first knockout round though. Real Madrid.

uefachampionsleagueover.jpg

League

A brilliant first half of the campaign. The only defeat was at the hands of Stuttgart and the highlight was an 8-0 mauling at Freiburg. I will add though, that the standard of the German league mirrors that in Italy. ie, it is poor. The competition on the rise the most is Ligue 1 in France. They are reaching European finals for a past time.

bundesligaoverviewstage.jpg

DFB-POKAL

A routine passage to the quarter finals, where we meat Borrusia Monchengladbach as home. Non league Neumunster (4-0 away in the first round), 2.Bundesliga outfit Duisburg (3-0 away in the second round) and fellow second tier side Wehen (4-0 at home in the third round) were all beaten with ease.

Players

As is now the norm, the mid season update is simply Players In & Players Out.

Players In

• Antonio - He was supposed to be with me on loan for the season bu played so well, I splashed out £15m to make the deal permanent.
  • Joel Ruppen - Argentine international left back - Already world class, he will only get better.
  • Waleed Awad - Egyptian right winger, now with me at three clubs.
  • Gilles Le Goff - Young French defensive midfielder with a bright future.
  • Cesar - Young Brazilian central midfielder with a bright future.
  • Filip Carlsson - Swedish right back. Loaned to Fortuna Dusseldorf in the second tier.
  • Alex Borgese - Italian striker loaned to OFI Crete in Greece.
  • Taro Sekiguchi - Japanese goalkeeper, loaned to Portuguese top flight side Naval.
  • Je - Brazilian attacking midfielder signed on a free transfer after being released by Corinthians. Loaned to OFI Crete.

Players Out

Four players were sold, raising £44.3m

END OF SEASON REVIEW

Champions League

An amazing first knockout round tie against Real Madrid. We lost 2-0 in the Bernabeu, but overcame them 3-0 at home for a 3-2 aggregate win. Marseille awaited in the quarter finals and, despite losing 2-1 in France in the first leg, we had a real chance of going through. Alas, it was not to be and Leverkusen produced the worst performance under me by losing the home leg 3-0, for a 5-1 aggregate defeat.

League

Romped home from start to finish. An extremely mean defence producing over twenty clean sheets provided the backbone of a comfortable campaign.

bundesligaoverviewstage.jpg

DFB-Pokal

I beat Borussia Monchengladbach 3-0 at home in the quarter finals and Cologne 2-0 at home in the semis, meaning a final against Borussia Dortmund. I lead at half time through a solitary Alex Okoro strike but Dortmund soon equalised in the 2nd half. Former Newcaslte midfielder Yohan Cabeye with the goal. That meant extra time. A goal in the 115th minute from Bartosz Szewczyk gave Bayer Leverkusen their first ever double!

Players

Player of the Season

At 32 he is the oldest member of the squad, but also one of the best. 40 appearances and 16 goals and an astonishing 31 assists from the left wing. A revelation!

tranquillobarnettaoverv.jpg

Special Mention

What a season from the young Moroccan. 41 games, 12 goals and 15 assists, this central midfielder ran most games.

salahmessaoudioverviewp.jpg

Former Club Watch

Metalurg Zaparizhzhya

[u][b]Season                        Final League Position       Ukrainian Cup             Champions League              Europa League[/b][/u]                             
2013-14                                8th                2nd round                       n/a                     4th qualifying Round
2014-15                               11th                2nd round                       n/a                     n/a
2015-16                                4th                2nd round                       n/a                     n/a
2016-17                                4th                2nd round                       n/a                     4th qualifying round
2017-18                               10th                2nd round                       n/a                     4th qualifying round

Watford

[u][b]Season                        Final League Position       F. A. Cup                 Carling Cup                   Champions League              Europa League[/b][/u] 
2015-16                                7th                5th round                  4th round                          n/a                     2nd knockout round
2016-17                                7th                3rd round                  Quarter finals                     n/a                     2nd knockout round
2017-18                                6th                3rd round                  Runners up                         n/a                     2nd knockout round

Chelsea

2017-18                                3rd                5th round                  Semi final                   1st knockout round                 n/a

Conceding only 12 goals all season in the league? Truly amazing, well done.

Thanks mate :thup:

Tough beat in the Champions League, but the domestic league is looking like a stomp! Just rolling over the competiton.

Yeah, was gutted at the CL loss. No idea where that permormance came from :(

Domination in another league, well done! Are you gonna stay a few more seasons this time and try for the Champions League?

Probably leave if the right offer came up in Spain, France or Italy. I doubt if I will take the best club job in those nations (Paris SG, Lyon, OM in France, RM, Barcelona in Spain, Inter, Juventus, AC Milan in Italy) and see if I can get another club to the league title in a few years so at least I stay for a while. I was going to try and get the Real Madrid job - they had failed to win anything for eight years! But they just won La Liga.

FC SOCHAUX-MONTBELIARD

FC_Sochaux-Montb%C3%A9liard_logo.png

stade-auguste-bonal.jpg?w=510

Club - FC Soxhaux-Montbeliard

Country - France

Division - Ligue One

Media Prediction - 8th

My Expectation - 12th

Well, well, well, just the challenge I am looking for. I take over a club at the bottom of the league but with the infrastructure to do a lot better. In many of my saves, this one included, Sochaux regularly produce some of the best youngsters in football. Their youth facilites are state of the art, after all. The downside is the stadium which has a capacity of just 20,000.

I will stay at this club until I have won Ligue One.

Current League Table

Not good reading...

ligue1overviewstagesg.jpg

Current Squad

Plenty to work with and in Marvin Martin & Serge Nicod we have two terrific players. Abdoulaye Diakite is someone I was after when at Leverkusen, such is his potential so I hope to mould him into a world class centre back.

Whilst the squad is clearly not good enough for a top six finish, it is a damned sight better than bottom!

fcsochauxmontbliardsqua.jpg

Archived