Another Injury Complaint Thread

I've tried with all my willpower to avoid writing this thread, because I know it's been done over and over, but the injuries in my game are just ridiculous! I never have more than one healthy option at center back and it's hurting my team. Last game, I finally had Jan Vertonghen healthy and at 100% after a long injury, so I started him. Then he gets knocked out early in the game, so I subbed in Alvaro Dominguez, and then he gets hurt!

Around January or February, I finally managed to have a mostly healthy squad, and then on international duty I had three key players get long-term injuries again! Add to that the fact that my players are constantly getting 'knocks' during games, preventing me from ever making tactical substitutions. I have to husband my subs because I know somebody's going to get injured at some point during the game.

In the past it's seemed like my teams would randomly go through 'injury bug' stretches, but this has been a season-long problem and it's ruining my enjoyment of the game. I signed Hulk, for example, for $58 million before the season, and he got a serious injury in game 1 -- out for 4 months. Then in his first game back, he gets another serious injury! The most annoying part is that injuries are being incurred by players with excellent physical attributes (including natural fitness).

For the record, I almost never start players who are at lower than 97% condition or so, and I try to sub out people who are pushing the 70% mark or so. So I don't think I'm the problem here.

Manchester United's defence seems to get decimated every season. They keep having to play midfielders at the back. Injury crises are a fact of life. I actually find I probably don't have enough of them, which is fine by me!

I've started to notice a player succumbing to injury when I get a decent result (there has to be some pleasure and pain). If I am winning comfortably, I always suspect there's an injury around the corner.

FWIW, I was advised in FM10 to hire more fitness coaches due to an injury bug, and even though it has since been suggested only physios aid with injury prevention on FM12, and because I couldn't hire any more physios or fitness coaches, I hired a new 1st team coach with high fitness atts, and touch wood, injuries aren't occurring as often as they have done previously.

Well I've never managed in real life before so I don't know what it's like, but I doubt whether your claim is true.

You don't need to manage in real life to know that (with a few exceptions), boards aren't very patient if you underachieve. I doubt they care too much if you protest about injuries.

FWIW, I was advised in FM10 to hire more fitness coaches due to an injury bug, and even though it has since been suggested only physios aid with injury prevention on FM12, and because I couldn't hire any more physios or fitness coaches, I hired a new 1st team coach with high fitness atts, and touch wood, injuries aren't occurring as often as they have done previously.

Really? I never would have thought this was true -- I assumed that physios only help players return from injury quicker. My fitness coaching is already world-class, however.

On my current save i had a season that was a complete nightmare, my wingers just keep getting torn calf muscles all the time, i've decided in going a lot lighter in the aerobic and strength training during the season and it seemed to somewhat help, at least i haven't got another injury crisis like that one.

But sometimes you can just get unlucky and have a season ruined by injuries unless you have a really deep squad.

After the last thread about injuries I counted all mine. I had an average injury rate of 1 injury every 4 games over 2 seasons (my opponents the same) which seems about right/slightly too few. Anyone can have bad runs but it is worth counting back over an entire season and/or seeing if there are common features like late in games with tired players etc

I seem to be having these injury problems as well, but what I find really annoying is the fact that the players lose a lot of attributes, Determination included, and never seem to get it back. I've had Ganso, rated 4 stars by my Assistant Manager down to 3 stars, and Pato, from 4 stars down to 3.5. Both were first choice in their respective positions, and are now third choice. At some point in a season as well, I lost all my central midfielders with long term injuries for 3-4 months each. And they all seem to happen during matches or while they're on international duties.

My thoughts exactly OP. I'm not that much troubled by the injuries and the amount of those. What is disturbing me, is the fact that when a player gets a long term injury, the player is good as gone, as the attributes seem to drop like flies. No amount of training seems to get the attributes back up.

I find that extremely stupid design. I usually just reload the game, when I get a long term injury, as otherwise I would have to change half the squad at every transfer window.

My first priority when acquiring a new player is checking his injury history. I avoid fragile players at all costs, not just because they miss games but more because I hate seeing that red cross during a match. Actually, the first thing I do when I take over a new club is jettison the fragile players.

yeah going to be fun now hazard is back from 4 months out with tendonitis, with neymar currently being there

since patch.

east stirlingshire

had to bring off 1 or sometimes 2 players in EVERY GAME for injuries, 40% of which they were out for a period of time.

Bury

main striker - fractured ribs. (best striker in the league bar rhodes as well)

replacement - fractured arm

winger - fractured ribs

another stiker - also out for a month or so.

Man utd

the odd 2-3 week injury until 2nd season.

2nd season PRE-SEASON

hazard - out for 4 months with knee tendonitis

anderson- 2 months out with a slipped disc

ashley young - out for 2 weeks for a minor injury, now causing me problems through not playing in that time -_-

jones currently out with a thigh strain

fabio out for 2 days with a broken nose

- which brings me to the point, all these injures only ONE is an injury i would expect, far too many are either rare (slipped disc?, tendonitis?) or there are far too many of something that can happen (bury save 3 players out within 5 weeks of the season, with fractured bones?)

i expect strains, pulled muscles etc throughout the season, but not so many bizzare injures and bone fractures. the balance is wrong

Archived