Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carshalton Athletic 2013/14 (Season 2) Update

Competitions

League - Past Positions

Our goal for the season was "Consolidation" aka avoid relegation and get our youngsters more developed. We achieved those goals. Stayed up for a bit longer as well before taking our eventual plummet. Lost both cups in the first match we played, which was disappointing.

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

As you can see many of the youngsters not tagged as YP got in on the action and performed admirably. The biggest disappointment (no surprise) was my GK, who conceded 58 times while recording 5 shutouts in 34 appearances. I quickly put in my youth goalie who conceded 6 in 6 appearances but recorded 2 shutouts. I'm keeping Goodchild merely to tutor and as cover, his stats are already declining and I'd rather put my efforts into a young keeper with promise.

Youth Intake

YP02 - David Hart

Last season I had a crop of strikers, this year it is the midfield. David Hart received the YP tag and factored immediately into the first team. My Ass Man's JPP is 12 so these PA's are decent guestimates. Got enough here to flesh out my Senior squad, Reserves games, and U18 now at the very least.

Previous YPs

YP00 - Jo Hasler - Made some decent progress this season but never really wowed anyone with his work, mostly playing as the Ball-Winning Midfielder. Missed 7 weeks total due to injury.

YP01 - Carl Macey - This poor guy. He started his career at the club by twisting his knee in the U18/Candidates game and missing three weeks. He missed a total of 17 weeks during this season due to injury. His physical stats have taken a bit of a hit as a result, and he has certainly lost out on a lot of experience to Nana Clarke, who has impressed in his absence.

2014/15 Goals

Competitions - A mid-table finish, in the 8-12 range would be admirable, given that's the board's expectations for this year. Getting past the qualifying stages in each cup competition.

Figure out LB - Kamara came into the season as my starter but quickly lost out to Squire. Roberts was little more than cover and while he showed flashes last season, utterly disappointed in his few chances this year. Squire's contract is up this season and he refuses to talk, though maybe his tune will change during pre-season. Hancock came in with the last batch and has promise but is very raw currently.

Don't get sacked! - It goes without saying but given the amount of youth I'll be starting on our first team it might be a challenge. Hopefully my players can grow during the season and save my butt with a late-season charge.

Has anyone ever been forced to have a parent club? I've never asked for one and all of a sudden I get a news item telling me we've been linked with Bologna... Can't cancel the link either?

Wait for the end of Season then cancel it, iv asked for one before just for the Annual payment :lol:

KINGSTONIAN SEASON ELEVEN UPDATE - 2023/24

Season objective - mid-table (achieved)

Achievements:

League One - 5th - Lost play-off final 2-3 vs Hartlepool

FA Cup - 1st round

League Cup - 3rd round

JPT - semi-final

A good season and more improvement. Obviously disappointed to lose play-off final but the result was fair and we were without the League One top scorer Garry Beasant, who was injured in the semi-final.

No transfers.

This years youth intake had five players worth a tag. They are:

Liam O'Sullivan (YP11a)

Cameron Warren (YP11b)

George Hearn (YP11c)

Dennis Broady (YP11d)

Stewart Fagan (YP11e)

_______________________________________________________-

SEASON 12 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - play-offs

Board expectation - mid-table

Media prediction - 13th

With big teams such as Leeds and Middlesborough coming down this year I don't fancy a top two finish and would take a play-off place now.

Cambridge City - kino4

2012/13 Season Review

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Youth Intake

Seasonal Review

A pleasing season, we had some great wins and stayed clear of relagation for most of the year... got all my staff in place now, got the board to expand facilities and to pump more money into the youth recruitment, I am unfortunately taking the club into debt as I have signed all the players on PT contracts meaning they get paid even if they don't play...lol... I feel it was needed to guarantee the players didn't leave...

Next Season Expectations

Again I selected Avoid Relegation - just to keep the board happy, but I am wanting a comfortable mid table finish and I may give a few of the youngsters run outs in all the cup games. I now just need to stabalise and then push on next year for promotion, I am still on track for my 3 season promotion plan... on the plus side a few of my youth prospects have a bit of technical ability and that could prove crucial towards the end of the season as my First Team is technically sh*te.

Cambridge City - kino4

2012/13 Season Review

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Youth Intake

Seasonal Review

A pleasing season, we had some great wins and stayed clear of relagation for most of the year... got all my staff in place now, got the board to expand facilities and to pump more money into the youth recruitment, I am unfortunately taking the club into debt as I have signed all the players on PT contracts meaning they get paid even if they don't play...lol... I feel it was needed to guarantee the players didn't leave...

Next Season Expectations

Again I selected Avoid Relegation - just to keep the board happy, but I am wanting a comfortable mid table finish and I may give a few of the youngsters run outs in all the cup games. I now just need to stabalise and then push on next year for promotion, I am still on track for my 3 season promotion plan... on the plus side a few of my youth prospects have a bit of technical ability and that could prove crucial towards the end of the season as my First Team is technically sh*te.

Good first season, interesting to see you in BSN when i was in BSS :D

I seriously don't understand this game. I'm going to get relegated. My opponents do nothing but score at will and the best I can muster is one actual goal and a lucky own-goal per game.

*sigh*

It's fun in concept until you just throw squads out there to get mauled no matter what tactic you try.

I seriously don't understand this game. I'm going to get relegated. My opponents do nothing but score at will and the best I can muster is one actual goal and a lucky own-goal per game.

*sigh*

It's fun in concept until you just throw squads out there to get mauled no matter what tactic you try.

Try this mate, it works a treat for me so far this season

http://www.mediafire.com/?ty65c5xa8sh3hr6

I created it... it requires two big strikers STL and STC, then a poacher/ quick forward on STR

Thanks for the tactic I might give it a go. It's January now and I'm in 22nd place, 9 points away from safety. Getting some quirky things with my youth players though like:

YP00's contract is ending this year and he refuses to talk about a new deal so far. :|

Random youth who has become my first-choice LB is on $8/wk no contract, keeps begging privately and publicly (and is raising a stink in the locker room) about wanting a better deal, but any time I come to him to talk he refuses to talk!

wtf FM?

FC United Season 6 (2017/18)

First season in League Two, media prediction was 24th we managed to finish in mid-table. It was quite boring - safe from relegation but no chance for playoff. I'm happy with the squad, all players got full-time contracts so they can get proper training to fulfill their potential. No transfers of course, but our new parent club Aston Villa want to send youngsters on loan (I can withdraw offers though). Forgot to take a screenshot of my youth intake, the only player I put straight into first team is Ricky Jackson who is the club's best winger already and can become a decent Premiership winger in the future (at FC United I hope...).

Had a fine FA Cup run, knocked out by Spurs (1-2) in 3rd round. 200k gate receipts and 120k television money was probably better than qualifying for next round.

Carshalton Athletic 2014/15 (Season3) Update

Preseason Goals

1. Competitions - Failed. 22nd in league, FAC 2nd Qual, FAT 2nd

2. Figure out LB - Failed. Squire kept demanding a new contract then not wanting to talk, no one else was really viable there, either.

3. Don't get sacked! - Failed. Got relegated.

Competitions

League - Past Positions

This says it all. Our defense was constantly a sieve and our offensive stars couldn't generate anything up front. Overall a complete failure of a season. On the bright side at least we didn't lose to an Isthmian D1 squad in the FAC quals this time around.

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

I personally think the squad had the quality to at least not be relegated. Probably a failure of tactics on my part coupled with a lack of depth for rotation meant tired legs basically since the end of preseason.

Youth Intake

Forgot to take a screenshot so this is my youth squad. Some decent promise but none of them seem to have beyond BSS quality.

YP03 - Joe Ransom - I expect good things but there's no way he'd play in the first team right away. Not the most developed of my intake but had the best potential.

Previous Youth Prospects

YP00 - Jo Hasler - By all accounts he had a largely disappointing season. He was healthy, though, playing in 39 of 42 possible league matches.

YP01 - Carl Macey - Fared slightly better but not really by much. 29 appearances in the league is an improvement for him, but he missed the first three months of the season due to injury.

YP02 - David Hart - Played well beyond his years in his 20 league appearances but missed roughly two months total due to injury.

Oh well, I'll retire this manager and poke around the recent promotions and find a new bunch of youngsters to try to usher into the Premier League

Workington Unveil Steve Smith as New Manager!

Workington announced today that Steve Smith will guide the newly-promoted side in its most recent attempt to remain afloat in the Blue Square Bet North for more than one season. He made it known at his first presser that his focus would be on developing youth talent at the club, a starting announcement given the currently horrid state of Workington's youth facilities and their dearth of any real prospects. Smith also cleared out the backroom, choosing instead to bring in his own assistant coaches to try and keep the Workington ship afloat. The board has set low expectations for this season, asking Smith only to protect the side from relegation. The team are currently solid in every area bar Goalkeeper, so Smith will likely want to play defensively and try to cover up such a glaring weakness.

((This game hates giving me decently goalies, I guess.))

Workington Unveil Steve Smith as New Manager!

Workington announced today that Steve Smith will guide the newly-promoted side in its most recent attempt to remain afloat in the Blue Square Bet North for more than one season. He made it known at his first presser that his focus would be on developing youth talent at the club, a starting announcement given the currently horrid state of Workington's youth facilities and their dearth of any real prospects. Smith also cleared out the backroom, choosing instead to bring in his own assistant coaches to try and keep the Workington ship afloat. The board has set low expectations for this season, asking Smith only to protect the side from relegation. The team are currently solid in every area bar Goalkeeper, so Smith will likely want to play defensively and try to cover up such a glaring weakness.

((This game hates giving me decently goalies, I guess.))

Workington are playable at the start of the game, so they are not eligible for the challenge- sorry :(.

either way if I can't play them that's fine I already want to murder everyone on this roster

this challenge is super frustrating, it never feels like I'm making progress. every team is a sieve that can't score regardless of their stat increases or whatever

*sigh*

they were relegated in my game and then promoted again, so I can't play them?

No, it has to be a team that wasnt originally available that comes up, I would just start a new save tbh.

Championship Life

As you know i'm in season 1 of the Championship after a brilliant promotion season last year from League 1. This season has brought plenty of drama, including the board announcing the build of a new stadium with over 15.5k capacity. I now have more news, including how my first few games have gone...

Board Takeover - Fans Trust

Club Returns To Fans - This doesn't appear to have affected the club in any way shape or form, no good and no bad... I was hoping for them to pay off the £24mil debt at least, but they also said this...

No Investment - It seems that despite their takeover, they seem to want to carry on as normal and pay the debt back through my success. I suppose they are in it for the money.

Major Transfer Offer

Brett Smart SYP01 - My special youth player was finally subject to a bid and it came from none other than Manchester United! They offered £7.75mil & 30% of any profit made from a sale. I went in with a counter offer of £8mil (which was my asking price anyway) & 30% of any transfer (rather than 30% of any profit from a transfer). Fortunately for me, they didn't see this value for money and have taken a hike! It would have damaged our chances this season as he is a major part of our attacking play.

In other news, we kicked off the season with a very bad pre-season in terms of results, despite the fact I played against teams I thought we could beat. However, here are the results for competitive matches so far...

Wigan 1 - 0 Chester: A difficult start to the season, playing Wigan who finished 4th last season, but I was pleased with a respectable result.

Chester 4 - 1 Bradford (L1): This League Cup match against Bradford couldn't have been any easier and we completely dominated, hitting the post twice. However we have a massive match against Manchester City in the Second Round.

Chester 2 - 0 West Brom: A sturdy defensive display allowed us to pick off the victory here, despite our attacking play being 1 dimensional. Special thanks to Christian Walsh who played outstanding, despite his fellow attacking colleages playing like League 2 players.

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Chester: Another decent defensive display allowed us to pick up another victory, whilst the attacking players were out of depth yet again.

Managers Thoughts: I think that we have had a brilliant start to the season despite the loss in the first game. However, players are starting to moan about new contracts, including Christian Walsh who is demanding 18k per week! I have told him his demands are unreasonable.

I'm having some trouble with this challenge (obviously), so I have some questions maybe you guys can help me out with:

1) How can I keep people from getting tired and needing leave?

2) How do you balance youngsters and older first-teamers? I'm trying to get at least my YPs solid starts but sometimes they just aren't up to scratch.

3) Do you guys get tons of injuries during games? I find that even with solid physios I end up using up my subs during most games just because of players having to come off.

I'm having some trouble with this challenge (obviously), so I have some questions maybe you guys can help me out with:

1) How can I keep people from getting tired and needing leave?

2) How do you balance youngsters and older first-teamers? I'm trying to get at least my YPs solid starts but sometimes they just aren't up to scratch.

3) Do you guys get tons of injuries during games? I find that even with solid physios I end up using up my subs during most games just because of players having to come off.

1. The only answer for this is squad rotation. But I wouldn't worry to much as it is only a problem in the lower leagues and everyone has it. Just send a few on holiday each month.

2. I put all tagged players in the first team squad and play them as much as possible because this challenge is about progression so if they have a better potential than first teamers then they should be in the side.

3. There will always be injuries in football. I dont get them every game and I'm guessing that the effect that they are having on you is partially psycological. Try noting down how many injuries you get a game, you will most likely find that it is a normal amount.

My advice: Try not to get to hung up on these things. Experiment and find out what works for you. Players can only improve their CA through playing games though, just remember that ;). I'd also recommend creating individual schedules for all your tagged players, follow the guide cleon has created that I gave a link in my above post.

So you are creating them only for tagged players, not all youth with decent potentials?

at the moment because otherwise it would take ages :D. Plus before they develop I know there will be another crop of players with better potential.

well you are tactic master arent you? ;) even if it wasnt tactics

Haha! I read up on it about 5 months ago and never looked back since. I've not been using it as much these past 2 seasons but I think it's about time I carried on, although I do have my own schedules set up for each particular role that I use.

I have never used them once the help guide i think if your player is going to be good he will be good simple as that only thing i do is give them a preferred move :D

This is about moulding the players stats, rather than just letting them spread out. Your right that if you play him and use default schedules he will come good, but he could be better if you distribute his CA in the correct way. There's no use of a fast striker having marking abilities, but the default schedules distribute this to them, rather than using it on important striker stats.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 12 UPDATE - 2024/25

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

League One - 3rd - Lost play-off final on penalties to Luton :mad:

FA Cup - 1st round

League Cup - 2nd round

JPT - quarter final

A wasted opportunity means another year, at least, in League One. Very disappointed and was also forced to sell key player Antonio Bengo. I got £2.9m and 50% next sale which is a fair price for an unhappy player but it weakens the side.

No transfers but £2.9m for players sold.

This years youth intake has three players worth a tag:

Ollie Gill (YP12a)

Alain Tapsoba (YP12b)

Harlee Crook (YP12c)

SEASON 13 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - play-offs

Board expectation - top half finish

Media prediction - 11th

Marty- Well done on a good season but you were unlucky in the play-off final. You have to be aiming for promotion next season though :).

Losing Bengo is a massive blow. We are strong enough going forward but defensively we are soft and we are dodgy away from home. Birmingham, Leeds and Bristol City are massive favorites and have much better players.

Losing Bengo is a massive blow. We are strong enough going forward but defensively we are soft and we are dodgy away from home. Birmingham, Leeds and Bristol City are massive favorites and have much better players.

You are getting through these seasons at the speed of light :D The 3 Tagged Players look like they will be great for the team and I think promotion is on the cards in the coming season!

Instant auto-continue, no scouting or transfers and key highlights on almost fastest plus the fact I'm "working" from home for a couple of months means I'm flying through. So unfortunate that I'll be working at home throughout the Euro's.:p

Instant auto-continue, no scouting or transfers and key highlights on almost fastest plus the fact I'm "working" from home for a couple of months means I'm flying through. So unfortunate that I'll be working at home throughout the Euro's.:p

D*ck! :p

(10 chars)

Good luck with Chester, they are one of the best ones to go with if your not too sure because they are a good team. I'm currently in the Championship with them, so if you need any advice just ask :)

How can I get Christian Smith to stop getting reds? It's the second week of October and he's already got two yellow-reds and a straight red (the straight coming in something like the 10th minute). Pretty much every game he's not sent off he's getting "Bossed the midfield" but damn every game he does it screws me over so hard.

How can I get Christian Smith to stop getting reds? It's the second week of October and he's already got two yellow-reds and a straight red (the straight coming in something like the 10th minute). Pretty much every game he's not sent off he's getting "Bossed the midfield" but damn every game he does it screws me over so hard.

How do you play him? I use him as a Ball Winning Midfielder with a defensive role. No reds this season.

I dont believe I ever had any major problems with him, having used him for 4 seasons untill I let him go. Just make sure you use light tackling for him if he's getting red cards and if he continues, i'd suggest stop using him all together.

Archived