Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

hmm...... i get 24000 with large. could you post a screen of the database set-up with the custom box up so i can see what you have done ;)

oh! did you load what was in my screen shot! if you did, thats fine as it is the setup i have, but you didnt have to load all of those players. the only things needed were the top clubs in europe and the regional premiers.

Is it possible to get a screenshot of this on my save? Only thing I can find to screenshot is the Leagues...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There isn't now, no. I'm at June already, time to see who comes up. Am I able to reload a few times if need be? Just double checking.

Yes, reloading is fine. will check if its in OP

edit: was in there :)

Right, no chance of me reloading as it went past the date. Luckily for me though, it only went 3 days past(hope that's ok) and my team is Kingstonian.

Manager Profile

Contract

Season Expectations

General

Facilities

Current Squad

Backroom Staff

Finances

All current staff, players and backroom, can I offer them all long-term contracts ri916? They are players that can actually stay at the club?

Right, no chance of me reloading as it went past the date. Luckily for me though, it only went 3 days past(hope that's ok) and my team is Kingstonian.

Manager Profile

Contract

Season Expectations

General

Facilities

Current Squad

Backroom Staff

Finances

All current staff, players and backroom, can I offer them all long-term contracts ri916? They are players that can actually stay at the club?

Best of luck! You have a nice stadium :D

yep, but only one player (the best prospect) is named per season. you dont have to do it if you dont want to, just thought it would make things more interesting in 10 seasons time when you have a team of YP's.

does anyone have any bright ideas as to how i can sure up my defence at set pieces have conceded about 10 goals from corners in around 12 games already. have tryed setting match prep to defensive set pieces but it isnt having enough effect.

TM- dont knock it. they are in the top half of the league even with that record!

I just nearly had a heart attack! Second game against another top team (AFC Telford) and I was 4 - 0 up untill the 75th minute, they scored, then 82nd, then 85th, so it was 4 - 3... I'm sure you can understand what was running through my head! My striker put a header away in the 89th minute to win 5 - 3 :D

Note: I wont be making a habit of posting about each and every match, this just needed to be talked about! Madness!

I wish i had heart attacks like that. but no, all i get is last minute losing goals :(

edit: definately appears that FC United is harder than chester. Either that or your really good and im really S**t at the game.

I'm signing off for tonight. I will check the thread tomorrow morning and will be active on it after i have finished school. not a bad first day for the challenge which has seen three official starts and 2 other probable starts. see ya tomorrow

Elliot van Barthold has been unveiled as the new manager of Carshalton Athletic. They were the highest predicted team out of those promoted.

Manager Profile

Club Information

Facilities: Pretty rubbish but hopefully I'll be able to expand them quickly. First one I want to improve is Junior Coaching.

Squad: Not much cover for positions but some good quality players for BSS level.

Finances: Pretty average. Hoping to get them up quickly.

The Youth: Only found one player in the U18s but he was rated pretty highly. His name is Jack Devonshire and is predicted to be a lot better than my current striker. Let's see how much better..

Elliot van Barthold has been unveiled as the new manager of Carshalton Athletic. They were the highest predicted team out of those promoted.

Manager Profile

Club Information

Facilities: Pretty rubbish but hopefully I'll be able to expand them quickly. First one I want to improve is Junior Coaching.

Squad: Not much cover for positions but some good quality players for BSS level.

Finances: Pretty average. Hoping to get them up quickly.

The Youth: Only found one player in the U18s but he was rated pretty highly. His name is Jack Devonshire and is predicted to be a lot better than my current striker. Let's see how much better..

Best of luck :D Hope we can all stick to this, because it will be very interesting to see if it's possible!

This is going to be harder than I thought. Not only are all my players knackered already. We're losing heavily against the big teams. I've got one of my 2 CBs out injured for 3 months. Another striker, my best one has picked up an injury during this game and then my second choice keeper has moved. Luckily I still have 3 :cool:.

TWFL- welcome aboard! interesting choice with carshalton and it should be a decent challenge to stay up! jack devonshire looks like a great prospect and if you could get his pace and acceleration to 15/16 and then train his finishing and off the ball, he could be a brilliant poacher at BSS and BSP level!

Nottingham Forest- unlucky with the injuries. hang in there, grind out results, and just think of the day Kingstonian will enter the football league!

This is going to be harder than I thought. Not only are all my players knackered already. We're losing heavily against the big teams. I've got one of my 2 CBs out injured for 3 months. Another striker, my best one has picked up an injury during this game and then my second choice keeper has moved. Luckily I still have 3 :cool:.

Players at this level generally do play with low fitness half the time, they have 2nd jobs :D

I'm extremely happy with my Chester side right now, 3 wins out of 4, with a draw, 2nd in the league and beaten two top teams.

Best of luck :D Hope we can all stick to this, because it will be very interesting to see if it's possible!

Yeah I'm going to try and keep this going for as long as possible. It'll be hard but so worth it if possible!

TWFL- welcome aboard! interesting choice with carshalton and it should be a decent challenge to stay up! jack devonshire looks like a great prospect and if you could get his pace and acceleration to 15/16 and then train his finishing and off the ball, he could be a brilliant poacher at BSS and BSP level!

Thought I'd mix it up a bit, make sure it's not all just FC United and Chester ;) And they were predicted 18th so better chance of survival! And yeah we'll see how quickly he progresses. I have a feeling it won't be too fast considering the poor coaches and facilities.

Going to join in, holidayed a season and took over at Hendon due to there geographic location of being in London and less than 20 minutes from both Tottenham & Arsenal it might encourage youth in the area.

Manager Profile

Contract

Season Expectations

General Information

Facilities

Senior Squad

Staff

Finances

Reserve Squad

Under 18 Squad

There are no under 18's and 19 first team players, we're predicted 21st of 22 and have 2 pre-arranged friendlies against Sutton Utd & Hayes & Yeading and I'll try to arrange a couple of money spinners.

Jake Stothard takes charge at Chester. He has made a statement suggesting he will be attempting to hold a steady defence and attack teams on the break. He also stated he was worried about the lack of pace in the squad, though he faith he could pull it off. He hopes to carry on the clubs promotion form and pull off a back to back promotion.

Just got my best result so far 3-3 against Bournemouth. I've also lost my best striker again to injury. Although I rushed him back again, he's now out for 2 months or so :(. A fully fit squad, I have about 19 players. I currently have 3 out injured though.

Bad injuries are going to really damage a season. At this stage the squads are too small to cover most of them, I'm beginning to see how tough this is really going to be.

Coming up to my first game of the season and well it's not looking pretty. I had two players out of contract at the end of July and whilst I got one to sign on again, the other didn't He's left the club and now with me having 3 players injured, I'm going into my first game with only 4 subs. 2 of which are keepers :D:cool:. Really hope I get some youth players in March, as all of them are being signed up, even if they are rubbish.

Edit: Make that 3 as one of the players who left was in my starting line up. God help me I'm ****ed.

Archived