Knap FM12 Tactics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right i have been using your 451 tactic for 8 games now with what can only be described as abysmal results..... i play as arsenal (well for now i do) as i was determined to make my own tactic this year. Due to the shocking first ME we were given this turned out a disaster my tactic became a case of 3 passes in midfield then back to the keper who booted the ball out of play i was so disgruntled i for the first time ever in my life of playing football/championship manager posted on this forum that i was considering quitting playing it altogether.. i came across your thread the results looked good so i thought give it ago anythings worth trying... it started off so well i thumped Liverpool 5-0 they didn't get a shot on target and i thought brilliant this tactic will help me learn again and help me make my own tactic work, no such luck since that game i have played seven games scoring 3 goals now dont get me wrong i have not lost all those games but i have lost to celtic in th CL and even worse to Doncaster in the FA cup. i aint really blaming your tactic in fact i aint at all i think more than anything its the ME still.. Silly things like fullbacks booting the ball out of play when a simple five yard pass right in front of them is on, keepers booting the ball straight out for a op goal kick players not following set instruction for the role given to them the list goes on and my frustration grows with it. Just a quick glance atthis forum in general shows i am far from alone on this..

tried a varied approach to shouts without much success if i am honest again its a bit of toss up as to whether they make any diff whatsoever tell them to pass into space they pass to feet tell them to get stuck in they stand off lmfao

In all honesty i think its the me not any particular tactic thats letting down the game no correlation between what you tell the players to do and what they actually do

Have now tried 451 a 4231 i made myself a variation of WW all leading pretty much to the same place no cohesion no intricate passing no nothing really

right now i would say both its not that i am getting beat in fact just the oposite i am on a unbeaten run but that unbeaten league run consists of 5 0-0's and two 1-1's as i have started to use the tactic mid season i expect some results like this so default training is set to tactics only until the team is familiar with the tactic maybe i am just being slightly impatient as my frustration level with the game is at an all time high

so left footed wingers on the right and vice versa yeah???? Also do you set up shouts in pre determined fashion thats what i am looking at now to try and help things like push up get stuck in pass into space as 1 set and say retain possesion pass to feet as another

I change wingers during game say after 30 mins if not scoring.

I do not really use shouts but useful to have a SUS.

The tactic has a fixed width so with a wide exploit wings that will need unticking.

Shout combinations may help and prob best to set up, then in game save tactic with shout. Long shots are already turned off.

Are you using shouts or just plug and play?

i tried the 451 as a plug and play with bad results. i have since tried using the tactic with the following strategies with excellent results, taking my shrewsbury side from bottom of the league into a playoff spot in february:

away large underdogs- rigid/ defensive

away slight underdogs- rigid/ defensive

away large favourites- rigid/ counter

home large favourites- balanced/attacking

home slight favourites- rigid/ attacking or balanced (depending on oppo strength)

home slight underdogs- balanced/ standard.

I just realised that there is a fixed width and have unticked this so that width is getting adjusted with the strategy. i have only played one game like this (rigid/defensive as underdog away) and won it 1-0, the other 10 or so games width was fixed regardless of strategy. as you mentioned playing away as underdog does seem easier than previous editions, esp with a rigid/defensive approach.

I havent really used shouts unless 3-0 up- retain possession/ take a breather to save stamina.

What is your theory behind using an advanced forward and two wingers rather than a DLP and inside forwards- was it just more effective in testing or is it a match engine observation?

same question for the fixed width.

I'm going to put them up for download on TBH forum.

I've tested with MU and added a few tweak for Spurs (Won EPL std squad no additions just sold Jenas) so in all 4 tactics - Std 442 - Spurs tweak 442 - Spurs 451 and SUS.

I'm going to put them up for download on TBH forum.

I've tested with MU and added a few tweak for Spurs (Won EPL std squad no additions just sold Jenas) so in all 4 tactics - Std 442 - Spurs tweak 442 - Spurs 451 and SUS.

Could uou provide a link to the forum? Once uploaded obviously...

I've been trying out this idea by WHG using the Shiraz 442. Easy to follow and getting good results so far over half a seson tonight.

Top 4 Club Instructions

Home - Start with Attacking strategy against any club that are not another top club.

Home - Start with Control strategy against other top clubs.

Away - Start with Control strategy against any club that are not another top club.

Away - Start with Standard strategy against other top clubs.

Special Circumstances

Home - Start with Standard strategy if you have been on a bad run and find yourself underdogs against another top club.

Away - Start with Counter strategy if you have been on a bad run against another top club.

Knap! Hows it going? Have you got a 4231 with wide men tactic in the works? If you do I would be happy to test.

I've been testing your 442 with west brom and so far are doing pretty well for west brom! the Strikers are banging them in!

Shane Long has 22 goals in 18 apps

Odemwingie has 10 goals in 15 apps

and Lukaku has chipped in with 7 goals in 11 apps

So far Ive found that the left hand striker scores the most goals

Ah right thats probably why Long works well on the left, you want a more pacey striker there correct? out of interest have you tried shifting the wingers forward to make it a 4222? I was thinking about trying it out? If you do try a 4231 let me know as I would love to test, I had a really good arsenal side players wise but they were playing like... well the real arsenal? and i think a AM postion would bring the best out of Carzola

where is the link for this 4-4-2 ? please

I've been trying out this idea by WHG using the Shiraz 442. Easy to follow and getting good results so far over half a seson tonight.

Top 4 Club Instructions

Home - Start with Attacking strategy against any club that are not another top club.

Home - Start with Control strategy against other top clubs.

Away - Start with Control strategy against any club that are not another top club.

Away - Start with Standard strategy against other top clubs.

Special Circumstances

Home - Start with Standard strategy if you have been on a bad run and find yourself underdogs against another top club.

Away - Start with Counter strategy if you have been on a bad run against another top club.

Archived