dafuge's FM12 challenge

2013/14 BSS Merthyr Tydfil 4 seasons in and STILL no players signed.

BSS 8th FA Cup 2nd Qual FA Trophy 3rd Qual Round

An ultimately disappointing season, spent a large chunk in the top 4 untill form collapased in the last six games, ah well onwards and upwards.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current Club Hastings United. Dafuge Challenge.

Division Blue Square South

Season 2016/2017

Expectations Safe mid-table.

Finish 4th. Promoted via play-offs.

Season 6 complete.

Finished 4th on 81 points. We had a tilt at the title after a very impressive 2nd half of the season but ran out of steam. The better 2nd half was off the back of a new 442 tactic and more willingness to press the opposing teams. It lead to some dire condition problems when we had some fixture pileup. Luckily we managed to put together 2 wins on the trot in the final games of the league season, letting our morale improve for the play-offs.

The first leg of the play-offs saw us come up against Dover, who beat us both times this season. Their morale had been destroyed by a 3-0 hammering in the 2nd last game of the season, despite a 1-0 win the final game, and we took them apart. The 4-0 home result was barely enough to get us through when the typical 2nd leg curse struck, they tore us apart but only put 3 past us so we went through 4-3 on agg.

The final was a massacre in our favour. We opened the scoring after 40 seconds, and it just went on and on. Their defense was shambolic and by the end of the game we had put 5 past them.

The board are livid at my complete lack of wage control (I'm spending £270,000 a year on the budget of £121,000) but our pre-season friendlies have meant we still have £850,000 in the bank right now. They haven't budged an inch on the coaching structure, but I now have 5 physios and 10 scouts.

I am not going to request any youth or training facility upgrades, they are too expensive right now. I want that money in the wage budget next year.

Almost the entire team is still signed up until next year, plus all the staff. I am going to need two new right wingers, 2 new defensive midfielders, a left winger, a new central defender and a 4th choice striker as I would like to keep the 442 formation next season.

Season    League   Position    Europe     Cups                  Other
2012/13   BSS      18th        N/A        N/A                   N/A
2013/14   BSS      11th        N/A        N/A                   N/A
2014/15   BSS      2nd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off final.
2015/16   BSS      7th         N/A        N/A                   N/A
2016/17   BSS      4rh         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via play-offs.

In-Game date: 19 Dec 2017.

Blue Square Premier

League Position: 4th.

122gkmw.png

10pybv5.png

Staff. For those not used to my unique naming convention I use nicknames so I can at a glance know exactly what a staff member does and his specific attributes. For coaches they get their name, then their training category plus their star rating for that category, physios and scouts get a number, then their physiotherapy rating or their ability/potential rating (hence the a/p), and the assistant gets the "AsMan" as well as the ability and potential ratings plus any other information I might need for him.

My assistant is basically for 2 things: Telling me at a glance what a players ability and potential is, and not ****ing up press conferences. The only things I care with an assistant are his scout ratings and his motivation rating. The others are less important.

The squad as it stands.

15xk38p.png

Some of my more valuable players:

25kk2me.png

This guy is rated as being a potentially good Championship player. If I keep going up the ladder this guy could stay with me his entire career and get better and better as we go. He plays as my deep lying forward in my usual 4-4-2 formation. He joined the team this year. Disrupted by injury, he only has 7 goals in 16.

161ewi1.png

This is my poacher, the fox in the box. He has been trained to place his shots and has been deadly. He scored 22 in 38 last season, and has 14 in 21 this season with 9 assists. He's also rated as potentially a good Championship player.

e9sz7n.png

Burke has been with me from season 1. Despite having frankly terrible stats he has lead the team on the assist and AvR front, being one of the best performers for all 4 seasons. Currently has 3 goals and 7 assists in 17 matches.

Sorted out my needs for next season. Or even the summer transfer window which is coming up in a couple of weeks. Will have a lot of **** leaving, two keepers, about 8 defenders, a midfielder and two strikers. Might even try getting rid of some of them on mutual terminations.

The club is going pro for next season and those guys simply aren't good enough to waste on full time contracts.

Already got 1st choice DMs and MR coming in on frees, still need to find a first choice DL, and 2nd choice DR, limited CB, passing CB, ML and a poacher. Would like a 5th box to box style MC for depth.

I also want this amazing GK but his club refuse to be reasonable. I'm hoping to snatch him on a Bosman if I can't get his club to negotiate in the window.

We're doing super well right now, it's almost like we've been in the league for a few years and built up a promotion contender already. We're going through a lot of teams like hot knives. I think we're in the final play-off spot now.

I'm basically at the point where I start to assemble a squad capable of going all the way to League 1 and staying there comfortably or challenging for promotion without having to buy too many other players once they are put together.

The new year rolls around with us having moved up to 3rd, 6 points behind 1st placed Halifax.

I've won Manager of the Month (5 wins, including a 7-1 thrashing of Darlington). Waters won Young Player of the Month, came 2nd in Player of the Month and Frank Burke came 3rd.

The board has allowed me to change my expectations. I'm not going to change it, however keeping it at avoid relegation has given me a transfer budget of £954,000 and a wage budget of £575,000 (we are spending just under 400k at the moment). Even if we have a massive disaster all of 3 wins will stop us going down.

The DM and MR above came in on Jan 1 and into the team straight away as we had to rotate players out for condition reasons. Also found a very good but very 'limited' central defender to play 2nd choice at that position. I doubt I'll get rid of any of the **** that's going to expire at the end of the season, none would accept a mutual termination, so they can rot in the reserves for 6 months.

I'm still trying to hunt this keeper. His team have not budged on selling him. If he signs a new contract even though I want him I'll be livid, as his team are a division below me.

Manager of the Month curse hitting. Drew and then lost a game 2-0 with their only 2 shots the entire game. Well, maybe. Beat Oldham in the next match 1-0.

On the positive side, I got sick of negotiating and simply hit the keepers 170k release clause.

The supporters are furious at me for wasting money :D

Division Blue Square South

Season 2016/2017

Expectations Safe mid-table.

Finish 4th. Promoted via play-offs.

Season 6 complete.

Finished 4th on 81 points. We had a tilt at the title after a very impressive 2nd half of the season but ran out of steam. The better 2nd half was off the back of a new 442 tactic and more willingness to press the opposing teams. It lead to some dire condition problems when we had some fixture pileup. Luckily we managed to put together 2 wins on the trot in the final games of the league season, letting our morale improve for the play-offs.

The first leg of the play-offs saw us come up against Dover, who beat us both times this season. Their morale had been destroyed by a 3-0 hammering in the 2nd last game of the season, despite a 1-0 win the final game, and we took them apart. The 4-0 home result was barely enough to get us through when the typical 2nd leg curse struck, they tore us apart but only put 3 past us so we went through 4-3 on agg.

The final was a massacre in our favour. We opened the scoring after 40 seconds, and it just went on and on. Their defense was shambolic and by the end of the game we had put 5 past them.

The board are livid at my complete lack of wage control (I'm spending £270,000 a year on the budget of £121,000) but our pre-season friendlies have meant we still have £850,000 in the bank right now. They haven't budged an inch on the coaching structure, but I now have 5 physios and 10 scouts.

I am not going to request any youth or training facility upgrades, they are too expensive right now. I want that money in the wage budget next year.

Almost the entire team is still signed up until next year, plus all the staff. I am going to need two new right wingers, 2 new defensive midfielders, a left winger, a new central defender and a 4th choice striker as I would like to keep the 442 formation next season.

2014/15   BSS      2nd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off final.
2016/17   BSS      4rh         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via play-offs.

Hi could you please stop posting full screen shots.

The rules clearly say to just use links instead - if everyone posted lots of screen shots then the thread would be clogged and slow.

Just remove the tags and you'll be fine.

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2013/14 Season (2nd Season)

Current Club: FC United.

Division: Blue Square Premier

Season: 2013/2014

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation.

Finish:

League = Winner

FA Trophy = Winner

FA Cup = 5th Round Replay

Season 2 Summary:

Another phenomenal success, we romped home to win the league with 37wins, 9 draws, 0 loss. With a goal difference of +117.

League Table: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages.png

Had another decent FA Cup run. We drew with Everton in the 5th round, before being knocked out in the 5th round replay.

Match: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvEvertonInformation_Overview.png

We also retained the FA trophy, with a 6-0 victory in the final.

Match: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvForestGreenInformation_Overview.png

We transferred quite a few very good players in and kept the squad large and working hard.

Transfers: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedTransfers_History.png

Season		Division	     Position	 Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Blue Square North   1st	   Champions
2012/13		FA Cup              n/a	   6th Round
2012/13		FA Trophy           1st	   Champions

2013/14		Blue Square Prem    1st	   Champions
2013/14		FA Cup              n/a	   5th Round Replay
2013/14		FA Trophy           1st	   Champions

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6d6myYEMrm2Kzb6wzlHb9AP2VLGAUTuEQtVyn0zwwuM_x1ald

Canvey Island FC - Season 2014/15 - League Two

League

Had a complete overhaul of both players and tactics over the summer as I felt we were quite lucky to get promoted from the Blue Square Prem, and I continued my policy of buying young players (mainly as they're the only ones who want to join), whilst reverting to a simple 4-4-2. The main surprise was letting Artymatas (one of my best players over the last two seasons) leave on a free, as I felt he was demanding too much money for being fairly average. I also used the loan market more this year, mainly for backup players. Started the season fairly well, but as the players grew into the tactic we got better and better, with defence being a surprising area of strength. Annoyingly, my best CB (Seidu) broke his leg and will be out until October, whilst our top goalscorer (Paul) also got injured for 6 weeks at a crucial time. As seems to be the case, I started the season about £2,000 under the wage budget and finished £1,000 p/week over it as better players finally cut their losses and joined us.

In the end, the league was fairly straightforward, and we secured a third successive promotion, winning the competition outright as our nearest challengers, Crewe and Shrewsbury, contrived to drop points all over the place. With a bit of recruitment for a few positions this summer, we should be able to survive in League One - I'll be stunned if we even challenge for promotion again!

Final position: 1st - Winners

League Table

Cups

Knocked out League 1 Preston en route to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, where we got another money-spinning away day at Spurs. We performed much better than last year away at Sunderland, and only lost 3-0 - probably should have grabbed at least a consolation, but class told. Again, didn't care about the JPT or League Cup

FA Cup: 3rd Rnd loss to Tottenham (0-3 away)

League Cup: 1st Rnd loss to QPR - (0-1 away)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 2nd Rnd loss to Stevenage - (1-2 home)

Players of the Season

Squad

Marcus Bent found this league a bridge too far, retiring at the end of the season having played a bit-part role. Taking up the mantle was Bill Paul, who lead the line well, as well as January signing Giovanni Policano, both of whom have the potential to be decent Premiership players. At the back, Seidu was a rock again, with summer signing Gerard Hoey providing some much needed solidity at right-back. We could still use a solid defensive mid, but Massimo Luongo gave us a bit of flair in the middle, as well as a few screamers.

Top goalscorer: Bill Paul, 24 (21 in League)

Most assists: Darren Mailey, 16 (14 in League)

2015/16 Season Thoughts:

I think we should be ok, but a strong holding mid and a left back will be important. It would also be great to get some older loanees in for tutoring and experience. Ideally one season of consolidation followed by a strong challenge in 16/17.

Season    League   Position  Europe   Cups                          Other
2012/13   BSS      1st       N/A      FAC 1st, FAT 4th              BSS Manager of the Season, Player of the Season (Marcus Bent)
2013/14   BSP      2nd       N/A      FAC 3rd, FAT 1st              Promoted via playoffs, Player of the Season (Marcus Bent) 
2014/15   L2       1st       N/A      FAC 3rd, JPT 2nd, LC 1st      Winner, L2 Manager of the Season, Player of the Season (Bill Paul)

Division Blue Square Premier (1st Season)

Season 2017/2018

Expectations Avoid Relegation

Finish 3rd. Lost in Play-Off Semi-Final.

Season 7 complete.

Finished 3rd on 83 points. We had a tilt at the title after a very impressive 2nd half of the season. We climbed the table through the first half but a major injury to my best player really stopped us cold just as it looked like we were going to over-run the league leaders.

We brought in 10 players in each transfer window. The summer window was a view to next season, as I decided very early who was going and who was leaving. This season was the one I'd set as the end for pretty much all my players, so many of them are already gone on free transfers after the season finished. My entire backroom staff is up for re-signing as well.

Financially my good pre-season friendlies and avoidance of another training facility upgrade have meant the board have basically given me all the money I could need. I was able to bring in a top shelf keeper for £170,000 and have no issues with the wage budget at all. We increased the junior coaching 'facility' sever times in the year.

Our FA Cup run ended in the first game.

We made the semi-final of the FA Trophy. The aformentioned injury to Shaun Waters really hurt our chances, we ended up going out in a penalty shoot-out to 17th place in the Blue Square North Northwich after we dominated the 2nd leg but were unable to score a winner in extra-time.

I require no more investment in the squad. I can now concentrate on ensuring any new signings are going to be extremely good either in current ability or in future ability.

If my players can stay healthy, I see no reason why we can't win the league next season.

2016/17   BSS      4th        N/A        N/A                   Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP      3rd        N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off semi-final. Lost in FA Trophy semi-final. 

How do you put that code thing in your posts? The one with the final league position and what division etc
 put your text in here with spaces to align it all [ /code] (without the space in the second bracketed code tag)

Alternatively, just reply with quote to my previous post and you should see how it's done :thup:

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2014/15 Season (3rd Season)

Division: nPower League 2

Season: 2014/2015

Finish:

League = Winner

Paint Trophy = Winner

FA Cup = 6th Round

League Cup = 1st Round

Season 3 Summary:

Another, nother, nother phenomenal success, we were promoted in February and won the league shortly after with 40wins, 4 draws, 2 losses; and a goal difference of +109.

League Table: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/npowerLeague2Overview_Stages.png

We also won the paint trophy, with a 4-3 extra victory in the final.

Match: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvForestGreenInformation_Overview.png

We transferred quite a few very good players in and kept the squad large and working hard.

Transfers: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvPlymouthInformation_Overview.png

Graham Hurst is our hero of the season with an astounding 51 goals - I've just turned down a 2.5m offer from premier league Barnsley.

GrahamHurstOverview_Profile.png

2012/13		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner

2013/14		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner

2014/15		nPower League 2      1st	 Champions
2014/15		FA Cup               n/a	 6th Round
2014/15		League Cup           n/a	 1st Round
2014/15		Paint Trophy         1st	 Winner

Division Blue Square Premier (2nd Season)

Season 2018/2019

Expectations Safe Mid-Table

Finish 1st.

Season 8 complete.

Finished 1st on 100 points. We started strongly and hit the top 4 after 5 games. By the 15th game we were 1st and never surrendered that position. The closest we came was in the dying part of the season where we started dropping points. Luckily Wrexham, our rivals kept doing the same. Our title was confirmed when they dropped a last minute goal to lose 2-1 to Telford when the draw would have kept them in the hunt until the final day.

Yet again Justin Ramos and Shaun Waters were our best performers. Ramos scored 32 goals, 14 assists and a 7.48 rating, with Waters picking up 24 goals, 20 assists and a 7.44 rating. Both are likely winners of the player of the year award.

We brought in 7 players over the year, with 3 leaving on free transfers during having left their non-contract positions for part-time positions and me not giving a ****. One left after crying about game-time.

Financially we kept our usual pre-season friendly tournament income, and again I did not request training facility upgrades. I know they would cost somewhere in the order of 3.5 million and didn't want to wipe out our funds. We're just under £3 million right now, I expect to be at £4 million by the start of the season.

Our FA Cup run ended in the first game again.

The FA Trophy, which I wanted to win, ended in ridiculous circumstances as we went ahead 3-0 to Eastbourne Borough (mid-table in Blue Square South) at Half-Time, only for their half-time team talk to turn the match around completely. They turned into Brazil and put four unanswered to knock us out in the fourth round.

The squad will require some investment, there are positions which will need to be improved to play in League Two. The wing is one that especially needs help. My creative central midfielder is leaving on a free transfer to Bohemians after he refused to accept a new deal. A positive is that I have what could be described as a surprise packet, a DM who can play CB or MC, but is now worth 190k and performed brilliantly in the latter half of the season.

Some staff will require re-signing or replacement.

I look forward to the continued improvements in my players as we jump up to professional level.

Upwards and onwards.

2016/17   BSS      4th         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP      3rd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP      1st         N/A        N/A                   Won League Title

Squad:

http://i45.tinypic.com/v3zl9g.png

Post-Season Update

The board have announced plans for a new stadium.

It will have an 8,684 capacity.

It will cost £7.75m, offset by £825,000 for selling our current stadium, a £250,000 5 year sponsorship deal, and a £3.09m grant presumably from a government organisation. All up, it will cost the club just about £4,000,000. It is not being covered by a loan, but instead it was bought outright. It has meant we will go into League 2 with a shockingly small budget. We will be lucky to get back to break even by the time the season starts.

Well, it was always going to happen. Our current stadium was already at max capacity, that capacity was small and facilities poor.

As always, the downside is that we will be stuck in this stadium for 20 years. I can only hope it has a large expansion capacity because 8,600 is not big enough for League 1, let alone the Championship and the Premiership.

10 games in with chester 2nd in the league all seems to be going to well for me even when i got beat 3-0 i went and beat some team in the cup 7-1 and everyones moral went from poor to good so what worked out well. brought in 5 players and tried to tie down some of the better players to full time contracts all going well so far

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2015/16 Season (4th Season)

Division: nPower League 1

Season: 2015/2016

Finish:

League = Winner

Paint Trophy = Winner

FA Cup = 6th Round

League Cup = 3rd Round

Season 4 Summary:

Ah this game is laughably easy in the lower leagues. Yet another promotion, that's straight promotions all the way from non-league to the championship. 42wins, 3 draws, 1 losses; and a goal difference of +123.

League Table: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/npowerLeague1Overview_Stages.png

We also won the paint trophy, again, with a 6-0 demolition.

Match: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvBarnetInformation_Overview.png

Had a good scrap with Man City in the FA Cup, we lost, but gave it a good go.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvManCityInformation_Overview.png

Oh and we finally lost the mighty Graham Hurst, his stats were rubbish (see previous post), but a combination of work-rate/speed/two-footedness made him a goalscoring god. He'll be missed.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/GrahamHurstHistory_CareerStats.png

2013/14		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner (retained)

2015/16		nPower League 1      1st	 Champions
2015/16		FA Cup               n/a	 6th Round
2015/16		League Cup           n/a	 3rd Round
2015/16		Paint Trophy         1st	 Winner (retained)

Congrats on the 4 consecutive promotions.

Thank you. I wasn't sure anyone actually read this thread, as opposed to just posting updates in it.

Championship is like jumping several leagues though, it really is a completely different ball game. I can't attract good enough players, so it's going to be a slog this time.

2013-14 Northwich Victoria BSN Pos 11th

Not much to say really, board gave me a tiny wage budget and only expected me to avoid relegation, this I did quite easily.

I'm loving the feature where you can see the wage budgets for teams, I think mine was 21st, still lost a shedload of cash over the season.

Just noticed my budget £150k, Darlingtons is £775k.

Thank you. I wasn't sure anyone actually read this thread, as opposed to just posting updates in it.

Championship is like jumping several leagues though, it really is a completely different ball game. I can't attract good enough players, so it's going to be a slog this time.

Have to say I'm impressed by how easy you made League 1 look - I'm in pretty much the same position as you and it's been really tricky so far, although we are still challenging near the top. Have you changed your tactics much as you move up the leagues?

2014-15 Northwich Victoria BSN Pos 6th

A big improvement on last year but a dissapointing end, I was on course for a play-off postion but 1 win in March meant I was always playing catch-up.

Missed out by three points, not bad I suppose with the 17th largest wage budget, on the down side ALL my coaches want twice as much as I'm allowed to pay them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6d6myYEMrm2Kzb6wzlHb9AP2VLGAUTuEQtVyn0zwwuM_x1ald

Canvey Island FC - Season 2014/15 - League One

League

Having built quite a nice squad last year, we didn't really need much going into League One...or so I thought. The main issue was squad depth, as most of our backups would have barely been good enough for Blue Square Premiership sides. As a result, we played the loan market and brought in a few young players from Premiership sides - mostly to bolster midfield. Again, I tweaked the tactics a bit, particularly in attack. In truth I was never really happy with the team's play up front, as I think we should still be scoring more goals. Defence was much improved though, with the first-choice back four of Edwards, Cueto, Seidu and Hoey barely letting anything past them.

We started the season well, and remained in third place for much of the campaign, with Crewe and Crawley always just a few points ahead. However, in early February we went on an unbeaten run of 18 games, winning 14 of them, which opened up an 8-point lead at the top. Although we stuttered towards the end, including a painful 4-0 defeat to Sheff Utd, in the end we closed out with a 1-0 win over 3rd place Crewe to secure the title.

Final position: 1st - Winners

League Table

Cups

Got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup again, where we succumbed to Premiership opposition Norwich. Again, didn't care about the JPT or League Cup.

FA Cup: 3rd Rnd loss to Norwich (1-3 home)

League Cup: 1st Rnd loss to Charlton - (0-2 away)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 3rd Rnd loss to Ebbsfleet - (0-3 away)

Players of the Season

Squad

As mentioned before, the defence were the star performers this season. Strikers Bill Paul again produced the goals up front and still has 2 stars of potential left to fill, whilst his partner Giovanni Policano also performed well, in spite of a long-term injury. Youngster Josh Wood is also a potential star in the making. The final mention goes to Massimo Luongo, who played well this season - however, his demands of £5k wages will likely mean that he moves on this summer.

Top goalscorer: Bill Paul, 30 (28 in League)

Most assists: Giovanni Policano, 18 (15 in League)

2015/16 Season Thoughts:

We've made a few new signings already, sticking to the blueprint of picking up released youth players with the potential to improve. First up is Della Marca, a strong centre back who was released from Bayern, and more are in the pipeline. With a war-chest of £1 million to attack the Championship with, as well as a new stadium on the way, things are looking good!

Season    League   Position  Europe   Cups                          Other
2012/13   BSS      1st       N/A      FAC 1st, FAT 4th              BSS Manager of the Season, Player of the Season (Marcus Bent)
2013/14   BSP      2nd       N/A      FAC 3rd, FAT 1st              Promoted via playoffs, Player of the Season (Marcus Bent) 
2014/15   L2       1st       N/A      FAC 3rd, JPT 2nd, LC 1st      Winner, L2 Manager of the Season, Player of the Season (Bill Paul)
2015/16   L1       1st       N/A      FAC 3rd, JPT 3rd, LC 1st      Winner, L2 Manager of the Season, Player of the Season (Bill Paul)

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2027/28 - Barclays Premiership

Squad - Table - Transfers 1 - Transfers 2 - Finances

Final position: Winners!

FA Cup: Winners! 2-0 final win against Leicester(Championship)

Carling Cup: Winners! 2-0 final win against Tottenham

Champions League: Semmifinal loss to Bayern Munich (2-3 on aggregate)

Community Shield: Winners! 2-1 win against Sunderland

Best result: 7-2 away win against Chelsea

Worst result: 0-1 loss away to Shakhtar(Champions League Group Stage)

Top goalscorer: Hughes Fred, 25 (17 in PL)

Most assists: Iker Martínez, 18 (13 in PL)

Highest Average rating: Lukas Bader, 7.44 (7.51 in PL)

2027-28 Season Review:

While trying to deploy a new offensive set of tactics, the opening season to those have been good. We won everything domesticly, and only lost due a very bad game away to Bayern after winning 1-0 at home. Our new signings made a big impact and will continue to be the backbone of the cub. Due to rotating more than usual instead of one goalscorer we had goals divided to many more players. All in all a great season.

Player of the season:

Jérémy Dumont - MC / AM RC - Took a great leap in perfomances with the teams new style.

Other Key Players

Philippe Le Bars - D LC / WB L - New signing. Playing incredibly at the age of 20.

Iker Martínez - M C - The creative part of my midfield. Excels in the teams new playing style

Lukas Bader - AM RL / S C - FWA footballer of the year. Well-deserved.

Hughes Fred - AM C / ST - Rotating with Pasini getting most of the important matches.

2027/28 Season Preview:

So yet again we failed the champions league. I need a couple of pieces in my puzzle. A new RB, a new AMR and possibly a new DC. If we get these needs filled I will dream of european glory. And besides that we need some depth in the team. I have high thoughts of the key players, and have a bunch of good youngsters approaching the first team. I feel good about the new season.

bedfordtownfc.gif

Bedford Town - Season 2028/29 - Barclays Premiership

Squad - Table - Transfers 1 - Transfers 2 - Finances

Final position: Winners!

FA Cup: Quarterfinal loss 2-1 away to Bolton

Carling Cup: 4th Rnd loss on penalties(after 1-1) to Brighton(Championship)

Champions League: Winners! 4-1 win against Tottenham

Community Shield: Winners! 3-2 win against Arsenal

Best result: 4-0 home win against Bayern Munich(Champions League knockout round)

Worst result: 0-4 loss away to Manchester United

Top goalscorer: Hughes Fred & Lukas Bader, 27 (17 & 16 in PL)

Most assists: Iker Martínez, 21 (14 in PL)

Highest Average rating: Lukas Bader, 7.60 (7.49 in PL)

2028-29 Season Review:

I was getting bored as I won the cups and the league 3 years in a row, so the objective was solely the Champions league. However a couple of very bad results in the cup and down 3 point in the final day of the season, we were looking at a domestic season with only the community shield. We conquered the 1st place in the premiership on the final day of the season. 61 minutes in and we were 4-0 up and United were down 2-0. So a horrible season was avoided and a week later we bet Spurs in the champions league final. A final in which we created 7 CCC's despite only 9 shots at goal.

Player of the season:

Lukas Bader - AM RL / ST - Has been vital to all 5 championships, and yet again this season.

The team:

Dario - GK - Playing solidly although not as last year. Missed the ChL final due to an injury.

Tomas Svoboda - GK - Wonderkid. Played only the ChL final.

Philippe Le Bars - D LC / WB L - Key player both offensively and defensively.

Daniel Battaglia - D / WB L - Backup to Le Bars. Played against weaker opponents.

Liu Tiesheng - D C - The backbone of the defense.

Jef Tol - D C - Wonderkid. Surpassed Glauber and Prieto for a first team spot.

Glauber - D C - Playing a good although not great season.

Hernan Prieto - D C - Played sparingly at the end of the season.

Gerardo Brito - D / WB R - The weakest link of the team.

Marco Oliveira - D / DM / M C - Has been here all the way. Although injuries-riddled season this time .

Neto - D / DM / M C - Wonderkid. Played sparingly when in congestion.

David Hoyle - D / M C - Wonderkid. Playes more and more as the season progressed.

Salvatore Nughes - DM / M C - Rotation player.

Jérémy Dumont - M C / AM RC - Played incredible. However injuries destroyed the second part of his season.

Souleymane Cissé - WB / M / AM R - Bought for 40 million. I wanted him. Playes well.

Lukas Bader - AM RL / S C - Does it all. Incredible player bought for £750K

Necmettin Kanagi - M R / AM R - Wonderkid. Loaned out but called home due to injuries.

Anas Benali - M R / AM R - Wonderkid. Favoured to stay over Kanagi. Playing well above expected.

Troy Gough - M L / AM L - Even lesser role than previous years.

Diego Soler - AM L / S C - Injuryriddled second part of the season. A beast when healthy

Hughes Fred - AM C / S C - Rotating with Soler and Bader.

Diego Pasini - AM C / S C - Considered a fringe player, but got his matches due to injuries.

Evandro - AM C / S C - Wonderkid. Brought up to the first team due to injuries playing a couple of unimportant games.

A have played a combination of 5-2-3, 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-2-1-3

2028/29 Season Preview:

So I've completed the challenge and as of right now have no desire to continue. However I have a good setup with a lot of good youngsters. Besides that I have to young forwards at U18 level i would like to groom. If I continue at a later date the goal will be winning everything :-)

late to the party.

Picked up 2012 today and I'm holidaying now... I'll edit the post once I decide on a team

Got sick of reloading and went with Redditch, hopefully I dont fall flat on my face

June 24th Screen shot

I honestly have gotten so much fun out of this game since starting this challenge. The final match in the Blue square premier against Luton is still probably the highlight. Winning would mean I won the league by a point. Losing would mean LUTON won the league by 5, or 2 if they held the draw. What a match. It ended 2-1 to us (Billy Murray around 70mins I think it was lol) and led to our first trophy and promotion. It was just awesome. :)

I'm in season 8 now and amazingly challenging for the Championship title (sitting top of the table in Dec 2019). Starting to struggle with the homegrown rule though so I'm going to have to do a slight rebuild next season.

My team is almost identical to the one I built in league 2 where we made a jammy playoff promotion to League 1. We completely annihilated League 1 the next season though. The first Champ season went well (10th final place) but there was a string of horrible results and form including a bitter 6-0 against Wolves, we sat just outside relegation for a lot of last season :( There was a point were all my strikers were either injured of completely out of form and I was convinced we had peaked too early and were heading for relegation.

I was worried about this season but felt the break went well and snapped up two very promising players. I have the next Søren Larsen :thup:

I was expecting a top half finish at best this season if we were lucky but we are absolutely killing the Championship and looking good to win it if we can hold our form :eek:

I honestly never thought of updating here, I just kind of started and ran with it. I do have the backup saves from every season though so I'll try loading them up for some screenshots later.

Division League Two (1st Season)

Season 2019/2020

Expectations Avoid Relegation

Finish 1st.

Season 9 complete.

In an almost unbelievable turn of events, we've just won back to back titles. We started reasonably well, our lowest position was 9th around the 12th game of the season, but it was still extremely tight at the top. By the 17th game we were top of the league and never surrendered the position. Most of our players

We confirmed promotion with several games to play after destroying 2nd placed Halifax 4-0 and the title with one. Our run in was exceptional, winning the last 6 games in a row.

Yet again Justin Ramos and Shaun Waters were our best performers. Ramos scored 23 goals, 8 assists and a 7.17 rating, with Waters picking up 19 goals, 13 assists and a 7.29 rating. Both are likely winners of the player of the year award.

Unfortunately Ramos is leaving on a free transfer. I'd saved the game, and not picked it back up for a few days, only to be confronted with a "Ramos requests Transfer" as I'd promised him a new contract. I then tried to offer the contract, only for the agent to pull out very early in the negotiation, and he decided then and there to leave on a free. He ended up deciding to go back to Glentoran in the Irish Premier League... instead of Fulham in the Championship.

There were goals all over the team. Our 3rd choice striker Tobi Ajiboye picked up 18 goals, with the rest of the starting squad picking up between 2 and 5 goals, and some vital ones in there.

We brought in 3 players over the year on free's, and one on a loan. I released two players, then let 2 others go to other clubs for free, and then sold 2 players as I tried to balance the squad considering the 25 man squad cap. Of course, I'd forgot u21 players don't count, and I almost always have several of them in the first team.

Financially the building of our new stadium didn't impact majorly on our funds, we will make a profit of roughly £1.6million over the year with a balance of £500,000 in the bank.

Our FA Cup run was great. We beat now relegated League 1 team Notts County 3-1 in the first round, then mid-table League 2 team Port Vale 7-1 (Waters got 5, Ramos 2). That set up a 3rd round clash with promotion contenders Ebbsfleet which we triumphed 3-2 in. We were rewarded with a 4th round tie vs Everton. It was picked for TV Coverage, giving us £170,000 for that match + Gate Receipts. We went on to draw 0-0, then lost 4-0 in the replay away.

JPT was a 2-3 first round loss to Bromley.

Squad will require some investment. At the moment I'm looking to develop another pair of young wingers, I'll need a replacement for Ramos (or to change my tactics to remove the requirement for that deep lying strong forward that Ramos occupies) and get better depth in the wing-back positions.

I look forward to the continued improvements in my players as we step up to more quality football.

Upwards and onwards.

2016/17   BSS      4th         N/A        N/A                   Promoted via play-offs.
2017/18   BSP      3rd         N/A        N/A                   Lost in play-off semi-final.
2018/19   BSP      1st         N/A        N/A                   Won League Title
2019/20   L2       1st         N/A        N/A                   Won League Title, FA Cup 4th Round

Squad:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2yv52cx.png

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2016/17 Season (5th Season)

Division: nPower Championship

Season: 2016/2017

Finish:

League = Winner

FA Cup = Semi Final

League Cup = 4th Round Replay

Season 5 Summary:

A much tougher season, had to continuously tweak my tactics and overhaul the team. Managed to Get Arsenal as a feeder club and got 3 very decent long-term loans from them which massively helped out.

38-wins, 7-draws, 1-loss; and a goal difference of +106.

League Table:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

The Squad (pics taken at end of season, so loans have gone):

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedofManchesterSquad_Player-3.png

Our hero of the season was Hans Lykke:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/HansLykkeOverview_Profile.png

2013/14		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner (retained)

2015/16		nPower League 1      1st	 Champions
2015/16		FA Cup               n/a	 6th Round
2015/16		League Cup           n/a	 3rd Round
2015/16		Paint Trophy         1st	 Winner (retained)

2016/17		nPower Championship       1st	 Champions
2016/17		FA Cup               n/a	 Semi Final
2016/17		League Cup           n/a	 4th Round Replay

Redditch United Football Club past achievement update.

Sorry if I make a mess of this, its hard going back and finding screens. Next time I take on a challenge like this I'll make sure to actually keep on top of it and not wait till almost 8 seasons in to post an update. I'll try keep it tidy and somewhat like how you guys are posting. :D

I'll wait till the end of this current season before I attempt a post like Fuss has above this one :thup:

I have no idea how to post 'code' thingamabobs properly so I'll just try type the past seasons up using copy and paste:

Click on the final League position for the screenshot

[url="http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z52/Astroturddan2/FM12/DanLeStrangeOverview_Information.png"]June 24th Screen shot [/url]
Season     Division                    Position          Achievments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 Blue Square North         [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13bsn.png"]12th[/url]               Mid table                           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13best11.png"]best eleven[/url].  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13transpart1.png"]transfers[/url]1  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/12-13transpart2.png"]2[/url]

2013/14 Blue Square North         [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14bsn.png"]1st[/url]               Champions                           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url].  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2014/15 Blue Square Premier       [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15bsP.png"]4th[/url]               Top half finish                      [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2015/16 Blue Square Premier       [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/15-16BSPchampions.png"]1st[/url]               Champions                           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/13-14best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/15-16trans.png"]transfers[/url]

2016/17 nPower League 2           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17np2promotion.png"]5th[/url]              Playoffs-Promotion                [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2017/18 nPower League 1           [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/17-18np1straightpromotionchampions.png"]1st[/url]              Shock Champions                 [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/17-18transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

2018/19 nPower Championship      [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/18-19championship.png"]10th[/url]           Surprise mid finish                 [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/16-17best11.png"]best eleven[/url][url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch early seasons/14-15best11.png"].[/url]  [url="http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/astrotuned/Redditch League 1 and up/18-19transfers.png"]transfers[/url]

Currently sitting 1st in the Championship with 53 points from 24 games. Cardiff are second with 45 points.

I honestly am shocked at how quickly we rose through the leagues after the Blue Square premier, its been mental. Offers are flooding in for both me and the players and a new stadium is on the way.

I'll try to do an update with some info on the players and that when i get time. Thanks for reading (if anyone did :D)

2015-16 Northwich Victoria BSN Pos 11th

We would have been 5th if I hadn't incurred a 10 point penalty for going into administration.

2nd best defensive record in the League this season, unfortunately 15th highest scorers.

Smallest wage spend in the Division

Nothing to say about the Cups - not sure how much longer I'll continue with this challenge.

Impressive going SpaceNugget

Thanks dude, I think I just got seriously lucky with some signings and especially my backroom staff who are class for what we were/are now. But the January Transfers are here and I think I'm in serious trouble now. 3 star players are leaving due to us being seriously broke and not able to reach their wage demands. Teams like Man U, Man City and Chelsea are after two of them too so I have no chance of competing for the signatures. But my best winger is actually getting out of here for FREE :o. Out of everyone I forgot to get his signature last summer.... raging.

In a panic I've signed up a bunch of really promising looking youths (thanks to my first team coaches 20/20 vision) in the hope that if I do get my team ripped apart I have some talent to try get back to where we are. They are even stealing my backroom staff now :mad:

Ohhh I just signed Theo Walcott as a coach :D

Archived