FM12: F.C. Internazionale Milano 1908 - time to rebuilt again!

October update:

We ended September on 3rd spot with 12 points and no points to show in the champions league. We won the super coat least.

After our loss to Juve and Man City I was confident of a rise in form as the next teams seemed to be much weaker.

October 1, vs Atalanta, Away, (Serie A) 0:0

We were clearly the favorites. Somehow my guys thought they would show up and automatically win. My expectations of a win and aggressive half time talk left them cold. My defense was solid but my attackers failed me again.

Fans and coaches demanded that I drop Forlan due to bad form.

But, who to replace him with? Pazzini was still out, so was Milito, and I was not going to play castaignos instead of Forlan. Fortunately, we had the international break, which, well left me without Zarate for the next game. Pazzini, Milito, Zarate. All injured.

October 15, vs Catania, Home, (Serie A) 2:1

A home game and favorites again. This had to be it! The turning point. But who would score? Forlan was in bad form (even though he didn't think his 6.4, 5.9, 6.1 ratings were really bad and I was singling him out). Injuries left me with no choice but to play castaignos. Fortunately, Sneijder was back. And he showed his brilliance with a through pass to Motta for the 1:0. Forlan decided not to participate again and his rating was 6.1. I had no striker to replace him with ... But ... There was this coutinho, unconvincing as striker. Can't be worse than Forlan right now? I subbed him in as trequartista. And my fearsome strike force of castaignos and coutinho didn't play half bad.

Samuel decided to foul someone in the 60th minute. Oh, yeah, it was in the penalty area. So, Catania, with 1 shot at goal so far had its chance. And converted it. 1:1. I was fuming. In the 82nd minute, however my brilliant super sub, coutinho scored. 2:1. Very nice goal. We won it. But barely. Against Catania. I double checked my team but yes, I was really managing Inter Milano.

October 18, vs Haifa, Away (Champions league), 2:1

Castaignos was not eligible to play. Neither was coutinho. I had only one striker. Forlan. So I decided on a Christmas tree formation. 4-3-2-1. Jadson and Sneijder behind Forlan. Didn't practice it but I really had no choice. Somehow it worked out. Jadson made it inside the box and scored early on. I was satisfied. Although I wanted a better goal difference to balance out the two 1:0 losses to man city and Lyon. Somehow shortly before the break, one of the Haifa midfielders gets a shot off at Julio Cesar. Blocked but it rebounded. In front of a striker with like 9 pace. Lucio and maicon next to him. Lucio missed the tackle. The guy really in snail movement stumbled somehow on the ball and it rolled in before Julio Cesar was back in place. 1:1. Against Haifa.

At that point Sneijder stepped up. He won a free kick just outside the box and curled a lovely free kick right in the net for our 2:1 and final score.

Lyon and man city had drawn.

Things were looking up. Close wins but still wins. Zarate was again back and Milito about to return.

October 23, vs Cagliari, Away (Serie A) 0:1

Yes. Thats right. The odds were like 1.25 to 11 but we lost. Zarate had a million chances but didn't make them count. And cagliari converted its corner.

October 26, vs Genoa, Home (Serie A) 3:2

I had managed to get Forlan to appologize to speaking out of line when I confronted him after the last game. And his new found motivation showed. Zarate, just back from injury scored early on with Forlan adding one from just outside the box. 2:0 going into half time was just as I could hope for. Genoa came out flying in the second half and scored back to back goals to make it 2:2. We made it 3:2 after a corner when lucios header bounced off granqvist for an own goal.

At this juncture I decided I needed to change up my tactics a bit and experimented with the 4-3-3 with 3 strikers. Milito was back and it was the best time to try it. I also wanted to reduce these many long shots that resulted in nothing.

October 29, vs Napoli, Away, (Serie A) 2:0

I had expected a tough game. Away game and against Napoli I thought I would get a bad result. But the new formation worked. Forlan was playing well and created many chances for Zarate as middle striker set as poacher. But he failed to convert. Forlan took matters into his own hand and scored from inside the box, and then later ran after a through ball from maicon for a nice second. Great result and Forlan finally found his form and motivation.

I played one more game and even though in November I will post it now.

November 2, vs Haifa, Home (CL) 2:0

I kept the 4-3-3 formation and we played well again. Zarate scored the first standing right by the keeper after a cross from Forlan. And Forlan added his own shortly before game end. I would have liked more for the goal difference.

Lyon lost to Manchester city 2:0 in a game that had de Jong sent off in the 22nd and man city still scoring (Aguero and toure) with 10 man and then Lyon losing Lopez in the 70th to another red.

I am not sure I can make the knock out round. My next two games are against Lyon, November 22 and Man City, December 7.

The table looks like this:

Man city 10 pts, +7

Lyon, 7 pts, +1

Inter, 6 pts, +1

Haifa, 0 pts, -9

I will need to win against Lyon at home and try to either win or draw against man city in Manchester and hope for the best. I am pretty sure Lyon and Manchester city will win against Haifa.

Serie A table after 10 games:

1. Juve, 27

2. Inter, 22

3. Udinese, 18

4. Napoli, 17

5. Genoa, 17

Milan and Roma are 6th and 7th with 16 pts each. The title is still within reach but Juve has only lost 1 so far and won the last 5 in a row.

On a last note, Sneijder got injured again in the game against Haifa late on in the game. He will be out 2-3months. It's a blow but Jadson is more than capable and I am confident in my midfield.

Games coming up:

November 6, Roma

November 19, Milan

November 22, Lyon

November 27, Siena

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks.

Don't worry about Poli, it is inevitable that he will become very good.

Cavani is miles better than anyone else you mentioned, they could all do well, but none of them would take your team to the next level.

Since you're playing a trident a very good option would be Jovetic, he's rather young and already very strong in the start of the game, same goes to Neymar and Hulk.

Some other options I'd look at before trying to go to any of the players you mentioned:

Iker Muniain / Bojan / Tevez.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the tips JZ and z3n. Will scout them. Cavani is first choice but let's see how much the board gives me. This season was £17mn can't buy a cavani for that. I will keep a look at the transfer lists. Maybe I buy no one but cavani and sell some of the older guys to afford it.

breznaslovar.jpg

This is my squad for 2013/14 season. I already won Super Cup against Udinese, 1:0 from a goal of my greek defender. I have got some new players: Asenjo(got for free and now loaned to Koln), Handanovič(€14.75mil who will be my first choice goalie), Maxiem Richard is a regen who is doing very well and will be playing on RB replacing Maicon who I sold to Liverpool for €19,75mil), Crisetig is now in first team after his loan spell in Empoli, Shinji Kagawa(for free coz my scout rated him 3,5 stars and he is very good!) and Neymar which I payed €38mil for him and will be starting in attack with Tevez.

I am expecting to win the serie A again and in CL I would really love to come to the finals. After first seasons loss against red devils and last years unlucky defeat by Liverpool I think my squad is so much better and preapered to try and lift the CL trophy.

MY first choice is: Handanovič; Maxime Richards, Ranocchia, Papa the greek, Cissokho; Douglas Costa, Khedira, Sneijder; Kagawa, Tevez, Neymar.

@tyro I think you should use Zarate as your wide-attacker instead of central poacher coz of his finishing. Forlan would be better in the middle and Zarate with his fast dribble outside :) I hope you will do good against Roma and most important try and not to loose against our fierce rivals Milan. Watch out for fast Pato and Ibra who should be closed down as we all know he is a match decider.

October update:

We ended September on 3rd spot with 12 points and no points to show in the champions league. We won the super coat least.

After our loss to Juve and Man City I was confident of a rise in form as the next teams seemed to be much weaker.

October 1, vs Atalanta, Away, (Serie A) 0:0

We were clearly the favorites. Somehow my guys thought they would show up and automatically win. My expectations of a win and aggressive half time talk left them cold. My defense was solid but my attackers failed me again.

Fans and coaches demanded that I drop Forlan due to bad form.

But, who to replace him with? Pazzini was still out, so was Milito, and I was not going to play castaignos instead of Forlan. Fortunately, we had the international break, which, well left me without Zarate for the next game. Pazzini, Milito, Zarate. All injured.

October 15, vs Catania, Home, (Serie A) 2:1

A home game and favorites again. This had to be it! The turning point. But who would score? Forlan was in bad form (even though he didn't think his 6.4, 5.9, 6.1 ratings were really bad and I was singling him out). Injuries left me with no choice but to play castaignos. Fortunately, Sneijder was back. And he showed his brilliance with a through pass to Motta for the 1:0. Forlan decided not to participate again and his rating was 6.1. I had no striker to replace him with ... But ... There was this coutinho, unconvincing as striker. Can't be worse than Forlan right now? I subbed him in as trequartista. And my fearsome strike force of castaignos and coutinho didn't play half bad.

Samuel decided to foul someone in the 60th minute. Oh, yeah, it was in the penalty area. So, Catania, with 1 shot at goal so far had its chance. And converted it. 1:1. I was fuming. In the 82nd minute, however my brilliant super sub, coutinho scored. 2:1. Very nice goal. We won it. But barely. Against Catania. I double checked my team but yes, I was really managing Inter Milano.

October 18, vs Haifa, Away (Champions league), 2:1

Castaignos was not eligible to play. Neither was coutinho. I had only one striker. Forlan. So I decided on a Christmas tree formation. 4-3-2-1. Jadson and Sneijder behind Forlan. Didn't practice it but I really had no choice. Somehow it worked out. Jadson made it inside the box and scored early on. I was satisfied. Although I wanted a better goal difference to balance out the two 1:0 losses to man city and Lyon. Somehow shortly before the break, one of the Haifa midfielders gets a shot off at Julio Cesar. Blocked but it rebounded. In front of a striker with like 9 pace. Lucio and maicon next to him. Lucio missed the tackle. The guy really in snail movement stumbled somehow on the ball and it rolled in before Julio Cesar was back in place. 1:1. Against Haifa.

At that point Sneijder stepped up. He won a free kick just outside the box and curled a lovely free kick right in the net for our 2:1 and final score.

Lyon and man city had drawn.

Things were looking up. Close wins but still wins. Zarate was again back and Milito about to return.

October 23, vs Cagliari, Away (Serie A) 0:1

Yes. Thats right. The odds were like 1.25 to 11 but we lost. Zarate had a million chances but didn't make them count. And cagliari converted its corner.

October 26, vs Genoa, Home (Serie A) 3:2

I had managed to get Forlan to appologize to speaking out of line when I confronted him after the last game. And his new found motivation showed. Zarate, just back from injury scored early on with Forlan adding one from just outside the box. 2:0 going into half time was just as I could hope for. Genoa came out flying in the second half and scored back to back goals to make it 2:2. We made it 3:2 after a corner when lucios header bounced off granqvist for an own goal.

At this juncture I decided I needed to change up my tactics a bit and experimented with the 4-3-3 with 3 strikers. Milito was back and it was the best time to try it. I also wanted to reduce these many long shots that resulted in nothing.

October 29, vs Napoli, Away, (Serie A) 2:0

I had expected a tough game. Away game and against Napoli I thought I would get a bad result. But the new formation worked. Forlan was playing well and created many chances for Zarate as middle striker set as poacher. But he failed to convert. Forlan took matters into his own hand and scored from inside the box, and then later ran after a through ball from maicon for a nice second. Great result and Forlan finally found his form and motivation.

I played one more game and even though in November I will post it now.

November 2, vs Haifa, Home (CL) 2:0

I kept the 4-3-3 formation and we played well again. Zarate scored the first standing right by the keeper after a cross from Forlan. And Forlan added his own shortly before game end. I would have liked more for the goal difference.

Lyon lost to Manchester city 2:0 in a game that had de Jong sent off in the 22nd and man city still scoring (Aguero and toure) with 10 man and then Lyon losing Lopez in the 70th to another red.

I am not sure I can make the knock out round. My next two games are against Lyon, November 22 and Man City, December 7.

The table looks like this:

Man city 10 pts, +7

Lyon, 7 pts, +1

Inter, 6 pts, +1

Haifa, 0 pts, -9

I will need to win against Lyon at home and try to either win or draw against man city in Manchester and hope for the best. I am pretty sure Lyon and Manchester city will win against Haifa.

Serie A table after 10 games:

1. Juve, 27

2. Inter, 22

3. Udinese, 18

4. Napoli, 17

5. Genoa, 17

Milan and Roma are 6th and 7th with 16 pts each. The title is still within reach but Juve has only lost 1 so far and won the last 5 in a row.

On a last note, Sneijder got injured again in the game against Haifa late on in the game. He will be out 2-3months. It's a blow but Jadson is more than capable and I am confident in my midfield.

Games coming up:

November 6, Roma

November 19, Milan

November 22, Lyon

November 27, Siena

Good update, are you playing with 4-3-3 wide or with all strikers up front as strikers? Also is 4-3-3 your long term formation as I always think when I play with Inter whether I should play with wingers or have the trequarista position where Sneijder excels.

Not really, no spoilers but his PA means he can never be nearly as good as other affordable players like Ganso, Eriksen..

His stats beg to differ. He has most of the stats needed to be a creative influence. He won't be world class but in the right tactic, he could be exceptional.

Update in to my second season;

GK - Cesar - Solid, World Class goalkeeper. Only conceded 15 league goals last season.

WB - Maicon - Instrumental in every attacking move as well as exceptional defensive performances. Scored a screamer recently.

CBr - Lucio - World Class. By far the best center back I've ever had on FM. Injured currently though, back soon.

CBl - Rannocchia - Solid. Never loses a ball in the air. A tad suspect with his pace but playing as a covering CB he doesn't let many past with his exceptional positioning.

WB - Renzetti - A new addition from Palermo. A modest fee, £2.4m. Solid defensive stats and crossing. Not a world beater but has been crossing from deep in his defensive wing back role.

DMC - Cambiasso - Newly appointed captain after Zanetti showed his age in pre-season. Always solid and consistent.

DLP - Banega - A modest £2.3m buy from Valencia, has been consistent in a playmaker role. Holds his position well.

CMs - Poli - This guy has everything. Eventually will be pushed forward in to the ADV playmaker role. Started to make that position his with some string pulling performances. Exceptional in an away 1-1 to Tottenham.

A.playmaker - Sneijder - Iffy performances but starting to get more involved in play now. Started very poorly but a private chat has given him a kick that was needed.

TM - Eren Derdiyok - Exceptional performances. Shows that it's all about stats really. Wins everything in the air and makes space for others. Scored 6 in 6 since his £4.3m move from Bayer Leverkusen. Winners against Milan, Lazio and away strikes to draw away to Fiorentina and fellow title challengers Udinese.

Poacher - Zarate - Despite his composure and finishing stats, he will score bucket loads. A brace at home to Ascoli as well as a goal against Lazio. A real gem.

Top of the league, 8 goals scored and 4 conceded. Hopefully will start to keep more clean sheets. Lucio is back soon. 1 - 1 away to Spurs, they picked up Tevez and he scored a lucky goal in the last minute.

Nice update stemlfc. I was looking at derdiyok as well.

@z3n. I moved Zarate to STCR and will try him as advanced forward. Forlan in the middle. Let's see how Roma and Milan games go.

@reggaebwoy. I play with 3 strikers. Not wingers. Sneijder is great but he has played only 8 games so far out of 15. And he is out for 2-3 months. :( he seems to play well in an advanced playmaker role in mc as well.

Really hitting form now. Renzetti, £1.8m left back from Palermo scored two and assisted another in a 4 - 0 victory over Lech in the Champions League. Solid player with all the correct stats to make that spot his own.

Zanetti's not getting his game and has largely been a substituted. As a result, his stamina has dropped from 17 to 15 over the period of a few months.

Haha. Advertising cavani. I hope I will have enough cash to get him. Might just retrain coutinho as striker for backup. He has the creativity and flair and dribbling for a creative support role. Have been using him already several times in the striker position and he scored one and had an assist. This would mean I only need to get one striker - main target - Cavani.

The board gave me some additional cash in November. Got £4mn now.

In my serie A 2013/14 season I am currently leading with 9 matches played - 8 wins and 1 tied. Goals scored 31, received 3. My two main poachers upfront Neymar and Tevez are really brilliant this season. They are leading in serie A goal stats with 10 and 8 goals.

In CL I am on top too with 7 points. I got lyon, Sporting and Salzburg.

Nice. Keep going. Not a bad draw for CL.

Here I'd my November update.

I mentioned the Haifa game in my last post. Here are the rest:

November 6, vs Roma, Home, 2:0

I played with my 4-3-3 again and we played well. In the 36th minute we got awarded a penalty. Forlan stepped up and the keeper held but it bounced back and Milito was there for the finish. 1:0. Lucio added another shortly before the end with a header. We could have scored much more but I will take this.

November 19, vs Milan, Away, 0:2

Well, what happened here? For one, Milito was injured on international duty so coutinho played up front with Forlan and Zarate. But the actual reason was: Pato. Simple as that. For the first goal he made lucio look like a school boy who just had his first soccer game. He rounded him and scored a nice placed shot. 1:0. He added a second in the 41st curling in another from outside a box. 2:0. We had actually started well for 10 minutes with Forlan just barely missing the goal. Until the 80th minute we had 3 shots on goal. Then my guys woke up a bit and tried harder. But too late. Fans were devastated by the result. Of course against a main rival. I wasn't happy but it was an away game and not the worst thing. However, Juve was slipping away with continuous victories.

November 22, vs Lyon, Home, 1:1

I needed a win to have a chance for knock out. All looked well. Lopez was suspended because of his red card and we played better. Lucio headed in a corner again and we were up 1:0. In the 77th they also got a rare corner and Briand made it count. 1:1. I threw everything forward. But we couldn't get another. I simply do not understand how these guys with a determination of 15+ for most get nervous so quickly. Man city burried Haifa 4:0.

CL table

1. Man city 13, +11

2. Lyon, 8, +1

3. Inter, 7, +1

4. Haifa, 0, -13

I am sure Lyon will win against Haifa. In case they don't win maybe I have a chance. Man city might not send the first team as they have it in the bag. And it's a home game. And we are inter after all. Let's see and hope. The board expects. Semi final ;)

November 27, vs Siena, Home, 1:0

We Played really well. One major blow. Samuel was injured in Training by muntari And is Out for up to 3 months. However, Córdoba is back And i get to give ranocchia a chance.

Forlan managed to head in a bounce back from lucios corner header attempt for 1:0. We had many chances after that, 23 in total and 5 clear cut but couldn't finish. We had 73% possession and there was only an 8% ball possession in my third. One positive thing was that there were only 6 long shots. Putting everyone on rarely and a balanced philosophy works. I gave Pazzini his first 35 minutes after his injury as well as Poli.

So how does the table look after 13 games:

1. Juve 36

2. Inter 28

3. Genoa 23

4. Udinese 23

5. Milan 22

Napoli 10th with 17, Roma 14th with 16 and Palermo 17th with 12.

We have the second spot pretty firmly but Juve will need to lose for us to have a chance for the title. They keep winning 4:0.

I definitely need to improve on the striker position. Cavani is the main target. Milito is simply not helping, however he never gives up which I cannot say about Forlan. Zarate is definitely a good choice but he is not worth a £15mn fee. Now that Pazzini is back I can play him instead of Milito and rotate Forlan out in case he hits a bad form again.

Next up:

Dec 4, Chievo

Dec 7, Man City

Dec 10, Fiorentina

Dec 18, Cesena

Dec 22, Udinese

The loss against Milan was unfortunate but honestly the draw against Lyon hurt us more.

I checked the attributes for my strikers. Both Milito and Forlan are already in decline. Unfortunately, Pazzini lost a lot of points from finishing heading pace due to the long injury. Hopefully, it will come back.

tyro: you cant really claim that a game against AC Milan is an away game ffs, even if it's technicaly true on the game for some odd reason (it make no sense what so ever that there's two san siro's on the game but with different names)

For the purposes of the game and in the players and fans minds it was an away game :) the game where we are considered the "home" team will still come.

Just played against Chievo and was delighted by the peformance:

December 3, vs Chievo, Away, 3:0

I used Pazzini in the starting line up instead of Milito and despite the decline of his attributes he came back with a "Bang!". 32nd he was alone in the box and, unlike Zarate or Forlan he actually put it past the keeper into the net. 1:0. In the 38th Jadson made a delightful through pass to him and he finished it cold. 2:0. Morale was high and we came into second half fully motivated. In the 50th Jadson made a free kick from 50 yards out and it curled nicely into the net for the 3:0. Pazzini almost had his hattrick after a corner but the keeper had that one.

While we won, Juve drew with Milan 2:2 (pato scored both of course), so we are only 6 points behind now 37 to 31 points. Udinese is 3rd with 26.

The only blow Motta got injured and is out for 2-3 months, torn hamstring.

Very very nice. Good job. I am sure the fans are happy.

My team is currently inconsistent. An update is soon coming. On a side note, when I played man city I noticed Tevez in the reserves and unhappy and asking for a transfer so I scouted him to see how much I could get him for. My scouts said around 24mn. So I used all my available transfer budget, around 7mn after adjusting wage budget slightly (kept it at 180k available) and made an offer of 7 now and then many incentives rising up to 24. We went back and forth and finally agreed on 25mn with incentives. I then had a contract negotiation with Tevez but that was impossible. He wanted 210k and over 5 mn loyalty bonus highest wage earner and so forth. Whe. I locked the salary to 180k he wanted even more so it broke down.

Then I thought, why not cavani right away. Cant be that much more. I got a structured deal rising to 36mn but only 8mn up front. I quickly negotiated the contract for 87k and he accepted. However, the transfer is delayed due to not enough funds. I am not quite sure how much I need available right now. Lol. So I am still shifting budgets. Wish me luck. Would be great to have him starting January.

December update.

I posted my Chievo game above.

December 7, vs ManCity, Away, 0:1

My final game of the champions league group phase. It was even,y matched. They scored from a corner. But even with a win we would have been out. Lyon burried haifa with 4:0. So we ended up with 7pts 3rd place. ManCity 16, Lyon 11.

We are now in the euro cup. First game against standard de liege in February. The board was disappointed but took it Better than I thought. I thought they'd sack me.

December 10, vs Fiorentina, Home, 3:1

Forlan scored a penalty, then Pazzini was in place for another. And finally Forlan shot at the keeper, he parried and Pazzini was there for the rebound. They were able to score one but nice game. We seem to be bouncing from loss to win.

December 18, vs Cessena, Away, 1:3

We were clear favorites. Forlan burried a shot early on and all was well. Then suddenly Cessena scored one, then another and another added shortly before finish. Not sure what happened. My guys didn't score once again and they did.

December 22, vs Udinese, Home, 1:0

We played really well and should have scored more. Again Forlan scored early on. Then he missed a penalty and Pazzini missed a late goal. 1:0 a win. I take it. On a side note, the press keeps reminding me that Zarate hasn't scored in over 800 minutes playing time.

End of the year Serie A, after 17 games

1. Juve 46 (they just dont lose, quagliarella just scored another 4 and del piero added the 5th against Fiorentina)

2. Inter 37

3. Milan 32

4. Genoa 30

5. Udinese 29

It's pretty much Juve unless they have a really bad second round. And we should be able to hold on to second. But Milan is on our trail.

Regarding transfers. The cavani bid was ultimately cancelled as I kept delaying. I was trying to figure out how they calculate the amount due right now that I need as cash. Apparently I didn't have enough. Trying some other transfers. Tried to sell Milito, Muntari, and chivu. No takers. I need better strikers. Seriously disappointed with Forlan. Zarate is just inconsistent and hasn't scored. Pazzini has shown qualities. Only played a couple and is second goal scorer on my team.

Forlan with 11 goals, 6 assists

Pazzini 4, 1

Zarate 3, 3

Jadson 3, 6

Lucio 3, 1

Milito 2, 2

Sneijder is still out. Another 2 weeks or so.

Pretty quiet in here.

Completed one signing: Ezquiel Munoz from Palermo. Great partner for ranocchia. Maybe my new centre back duo for the future. I am working on a striker. Cavani is still main target but for the summer. With Milito and Forlan nearing 33 and zarate's fee at 15mn I will need some new strikers. I bid for gameiro but Paris didn't want to hear it. Trying for Sow now. I know them both from my French saves. Good poachers. Won't be my main striker but he has pace, off the ball movement and finishing.

I forgot to mention. Palermo fans went crazy over the sale.

I now also signed Moussa Sow from Lille. Great poacher. He is rated higher than Zarate. His finishing is definitely better. Let's see. He cost me 7.5mn up front, rising to 12mn with appearances and goals.

I am almost done with January. I hope we can become more consistent.

Here is my January update.

As mentioned I brought in Munoz and Sow and I tried to sell Milito and Chivu but there were no offers. Not even for loan. I am guessing their salaries are too high to match.

My plan was to start the new year more consistent. The last couple of games saw us winning losing winning losing, which lead to little.

January 8, vs Lecce, Away, 1:1

Terrible game. Again no drive. No motivation. They scored early on and we seemed to be happy to let them win. In the 87th Zarate rescued us from disaster. 1:1. Juve was slipping further and further away.

January 11, vs Bologna, Home, 0:1 (Italian cup)

Again more of the same. I can't blame my defense nor midfield. They played and have been playing well. But my forwards aren't converting aren't pressing aren't trying. There was a corner from bologna and the ball ended up in the box. Then it was back and forth till finally it was pushed over the line for 1:0. I tried everything to equalize but to no avail. First game in the cup and the last.

The board didn't seem to mind. Not important. I better do well in the league and in the euro cup cause I can see them preparing the axe.

January 15, vs Parma, Home, 2:0

The Juve destroyers. The only team that won against Juve so far. I was cautious. But didn't have to be. Jadson had the game of his life. He dictated the game and was responsible for both corner shots. Lucio scored one. Ranocchia the other. Who needs strikers?

January 21, vs Bologna, Home, 2:0

Them again? This time in Serie A. And this time it seemed I had different players on the pitch. Well, for one Sneijder was back and I put him right away in the starting line up. I also had just signed Sow. So, I changed my tactic to my previous 4-3-1-2 to allow Sneijder his favorite role and to see how Forlan and Sow would work as creator and finisher. Sneijder had his hand in the game right away. A pin point corner to lucio and we were up 1. Sow had several chances but they were held. Forlan did his typical 50 yard attempts which were useless as usual (I think he already attempted 50 of those and scored maybe one - I checked his goal/shot attempts. 11 goals. 120 shots. 9%. Shots on target 34%. So much for 18 finishing and 16 composure).

Maicon was sent off minutes after the first goal (19th min) and we played the rest of the game one man down. Sneijder, however, had other plans and directed another corner cross to lucio, who bounced it agains the upper post, then it landed on the back of the keeper and rolled in for 2:0. I gave Munoz 10 minutes playing time and tried Zarate next to Sow (both poachers) for the second half.

January 29, vs Lazio, Away, 2:0

Our form continued. I decided to keep the formation but I dropped Forlan. I played Pazzini as target man next to Sow and it worked well. Lucio scored again from a corner. That was now 3 games in a row. He is second highest scorer after Forlan. 6x man of the match. Great player. Lazio fought valiantly but my defense and JC blocked it all. Then in the second half, Jadson played a brilliant through pass In front of goal and Sow was fast enough to get there before the keeper. In that position he placed it in the net. His first goal for us and 2:0. After the match the reporters informed us that he finally ended his goal drought after 10 hours. :o

This means that after 21 games the table looks like this:

1. Juve 53 (game in hand)

2. Inter 47

3. Milan 37 (game in hand)

4. Genoa 35

5. Udinese 35

6. Napoli 31

7. Roma 29

Napoli and Roma have recovered. Milan isn't playing that well. We are actually not playing badly. 15 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. Not bad but nothing compared to Juve. 17 won, 2 draws, 1 loss. They are playing Parma soon. And Inter. If we play well and Parma we can catch up.

Almost everyone is fit again except for Motta, still out for a while. Maicon received a 3 match ban giving Jonathan, who asked for a transfer as he wasn't playing, a chance to shine.

February games:

1st vs Palermo

5th vs Novara

11th vs Juve !!!

16th vs Standard de Liege (Euro)

19th vs Atalanta

23rd vs Standard again

26th vs Catania

Busy month.

In the beginning I used the default attack settings with fluid philosophy and zonal marking. Because I had so many long shots and wasted shots I changed this to balanced, attacking. Width slightly above normal, defensive line just the first notch of deep, tempo just the first notch of slow. I turned off counter and offside trap.

My long shots rarely reach 5 now and before it was 10+. They also seem to concert more chances but I am seeing a lack of clear cut chances. The build up play is great but then we lose the ball easily in the box or around it. And my guys still tend to decide for the random long shot instead of looking for a real scoring option.

I would be interested to see how other people have set it up and how they are doing for chances.

21. jan 2014...current standings with 19 games played in serie A: 1. Inter 16 wins 2 draws 1 loss, 2. Juve 13 wins 5 draw 1 loss ... 5. Roma 10. Napoli 12. Palermo 13. Udinese !!!!! 14. MILAN !!!!!!

Champions League: I was first in my group with Lyon second, 3. Sporting and 4. Salzburg. In first knockout draw I was given Celtic so I am expecting to overcome them easily :)

Neymar 21(1) app 21 goals and 8 assists 7.79 av rat

Tevez 21 app 16 goals 5 assists 7.52 av rat

waiting for Raphael Varane to sign in next couple of days for €18mil.

Now I am in a dillema. Do not know who to sign upfront coz I loaned Milito and sold Pazzo(to Reggina for €2.5mil lol), Castaignos loaned. I only have 2 strikers and am looking for a third. Options are Jovetic from Fiora, Abel Hernandez from Palermo or Iker Muniain from At. Bilbao. Please help. I am leaning towards last one coz he is the youngest.

It depends, they are different types of players, and Muniain will take time to settle in, I think Jovetic is about the same and is also young and adjusted.

Is Cavani not an option?

What formation are you playing? In case you are playing 2 forwards I wouldn't take Jovetic, who's more of an inside forward.

It is the end of the season and I have won Serie A championship, Italian cup and Chanmpions League (finally) :D

this is my squad and tactic:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/fcinternazionaletactics.png/

Serie A standings:

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img249/8048/serieaoverviewstages.png&via=mupload&newlp=1

There was a battle for serie A's top goalscorer and unfortunatly it went to Cavani(25 goals) again(for the third year!!!) but I had Neymar and Tevez right just behind him with 23 goals both.

Here is a screen of my fixtures till the end of the season:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/fcinternazionalefixture.png/

The final game of CL cup was practicly one-way footbal. Their goal was so funny lol, it was a cross from the left side and the ball hit van persie(he was just standing there like a tree) and went past Handanovic. Here is the screen:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/intervarsenalinformatio.png/

I am very happy with my squad and I really dont think I should buy any replacements in the summer. Well, you never know :)

Omg. Just checked the transfer list and I saw Rooney being transfer listed. His value is €31M but they want around €60M. I dont know if I should try and buy him. I will try to bid for his value and maybe go up to try and get the lowest bid accepted as possible. Oh and Rafael is up there too. I would need a replacement for Cissokho in case he gets injured or fatigued. His asking price is €6.25M.

Omg. Just checked the transfer list and I saw Rooney being transfer listed. His value is €31M but they want around €60M. I dont know if I should try and buy him. I will try to bid for his value and maybe go up to try and get the lowest bid accepted as possible. Oh and Rafael is up there too. I would need a replacement for Cissokho in case he gets injured or fatigued. His asking price is €6.25M.

I would definitely snatch Rafael up for that, not too sure about Rooney though - you could find some pretty prolific strikers for less than 60m.

I was going to transform my Flamengo game into my Inter save, however since that crashed, I've decided just to start with Inter. A quick game update to start off:

I'm currently at the start of November, and it's been a solid start to the season. 10 wins and 1 draw from 11 in Serie A leaves us top with Napoli in second - very happy about this. The champions league has been a bit less solid, with Inter sitting in second to Marseille in what turned out to be probably the easiest group of them all. Still two game left however, and qualification is almost complete. My start of season signings were Eriksen, Belluschi and Cissokho. I offloaded Muntari because I don't like him. Eriksen and Cissokho have been performing well, Belluschi is just there for backup as he was transfer listed.

I've also just been given another 22.5m euro transfer budget, but I'm looking to dedicate some of that to get my balance up a little bit and keep the club in good financial standing. The only player I'd think about signing now would be Marcelo from R.Madrid, who is transfer listed (asking prince is 20m euro). May look into him, but not sure at this stage as the team is strong at the moment.

Looking to do a bit of an overhaul next season with the squad, as there are a lot of aging players. Current best performer is Forlan, who has scored 11 goals in 12 matched I think (current league rating is 8.06 or something like that). I'm using a 4-3-3 as my formation, Sneijder and Eriksen are my two central midfielders with Sneijder being given a more attacking role and playmaker, and Eriksen having a support role. Seems to be working well so far. I'm very impressed with Zarate, who is creating havoc for the opposition on the left wing (playing as an inside forward). I'm not generally impressed with the quality of finishing from the team, however - we've been dominating lots of games with 20-30 shots to the opponent's 1-5, however there are a lot of shots off target and wasted chances. Milito and Pazzini occupy the striker position, but I'll look to bring in someone more clinical in the off season. On another note, Coutinho is actually playing well for me. Stats went up a bit, and he is looking solid, despite not having too many minutes. A good one to watch for the future.

Anyway that's my game in a nutshell. Maybe once I get to January I'll do a proper update with some screenshots. Definite highlight of the save is finding a newgen named "Noe Koch".

minez01

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was in my 4th season with Inter and everything was being won so I decided to start a new game :D I selected a game with no transfers at the start. And available league seria B too. I then loaned Crisetig to Empoli where he is playing in first team very well and Alborno, Castaignos to Vicenza who are playing too. I am planing to play those three who are on loan + Obi, Poli and Cou in my first team of Inter. So it could be like this:

4-1(crisetig)-2(poli,cou)-1(AML alborno)-2(castaignos + ? )

sure I am planing to keep sneijder until his 29 or something like that and then sell. I would love to bring Balotelli back who I think would do very good with Luc... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man this thread is dying. Time to revive it, well since the new update and I downloaded the English league system all the way down to level 14 and a revamp American football league, I decided to start a new Inter save.

Players In:

Willian from Shakhtar for $12M

Maxime Ruggeri from Valenciennes for $3.8M

Thomas from Flamengo for $1.1M

Luca Antonelli from Genoa for $8M

Leandro from Gremio for $14.5M

Marco Verratti from Pescara for $3.8M(CO)

Players out:

Diego Milito to PSG for $4.1M

Yuto Nagatomo to Tottenham for $4.1M

Rucky Alvarez to Athletico Roma for $3.3M

Dejan Stankovic to Los Angeles for $2.7M

Alfred Duncan to Philadelphia for $700K

Total transfer in ($43.2M) compared to total transfer out ($14.9M) equaled to a net loss of ($28.3M) with a starting transfer budget of ($35.5M)

My goal on this Inter save is to get Inter into a better financial footing so we can build our own stadium(done it before on a previous FM not sure which one), as you know Inter's starting finances are estimated value ($328M) and loan debt of ($516M), I'm trying to get up to Arsenal's value of ($889M) or more and I think I can be able to ask the board for a new stadium.

Sorry to bore you with all the financial drabble.:)

Excellent thread mate, i read it and i had to give it a go....I normally play Palermo.

Sarted with the following formation...Julio Cesar.Maicon, Lucio, Ranocchia, Nagatomo, Motta, Cambiasso, Stankovic/poli, wesley, pazzini,millito. Bought astori and improved the youth team...made lucio, cordoba and zannetti player/first team coaches...managed to convince the board to buy the San Siro as well....Great game very enjoyable....LOve the 4-3-1-2 formation but it works a treat with INTER

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Using a 4-2-3-1 atm

Started first season with a 4-3-3 and quickly came to regret it.

Transfers In

- Balotelli (Loan)

- Affelay £1.7 million

- Willian £12 million

January

- Douglas Costa £13.25 million

-----------------------

Italian Cup - Out Rnd 1 - Sampdoria on penalties (This was far from ideal)

Champions League - Smashed 10-3 on agg by Real Madrid due to 2 red cards away from home

League - Second on 73 pts - 8 behind winners Juventus. 20 wins 13 draws and 5 losses, 54 goals, 21 conceded

Anyone top that for a worst first season at Inter? I doubt it :lol:

-----------------------

Season 2 - I was kept on? Wtf.

Transfers In

- Wilshere (Loan)

- Carroll (Loan) - could backfire?

- Vertonghen £10 million

- Andre Ayew £15 million

- Pranjic (Free)

Transfers out

- Chivu (Free)

- Pandev (Free) - Wouldn't renew

- Muntari (Free)

- Cordoba (Free)

Want two more in and two out I think, I'm at the end of August though so it's cutting it fine.

Potential Lineup: Cesar, Nagatomo, Vertonghen, Ranocchia, Maicon, Cambiasso, Wilshere, Sneijder, Ayew, Costa, Forlan

Need a new left back - any suggestions?

Archived