FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it when my centre-back's score about 15 goals a season from corners. I hate it really whenever we score from set-pieces :D I much rather free-flowing, open play goals.

EDIT: Cbrunton01, that is a terrific win. To go to the Camp Nou and return to La Rosaleda with 3 points is a job well done. 54% possession too :cool:

:applause:

I hate it when my centre-back's score about 15 goals a season from corners. I hate it really whenever we score from set-pieces :D I much rather free-flowing, open play goals.

Right about I wish my team could score a goal, not looking good at the moment, my back four are not good enough for the targets I have set myself.

EDIT: Cbrunton01, that is a terrific win. To go to the Camp Nou and return to La Rosaleda with 3 points is a job well done. 54% possession too :cool:

:applause:

Thanks very much, absolutely delighted. Went there with an attacking tactic aswell and Carzola got injured. I brought tevez on at half time, I don't think they could handle him

You're in with a chance.

Not so sure we have some very tough games left away to both Madrid sides, Valencia and Villarreal. I just want to get into the Champions League which looks like a certainty at the moment, then I can improve the defence and go for it.

Not so sure we have some very tough games left away to both Madrid sides, Valencia and Villarreal. I just want to get into the Champions League which looks like a certainty at the moment, then I can improve the defence and go for it.

I have faith :)

Very nice, assisting for fun. who is your back 4?

Monreal, Gamez, Demichelis and for the past 5 or 6 matches Skrtel on loan from Liverpool. Plus when Kameni is not in goal we conceded a boat load of goals Caballero is a joke.

Monreal, Gamez, Demichelis and for the past 5 or 6 matches Skrtel on loan from Liverpool. Plus when Kameni is not in goal we conceded a boat load of goals Caballero is a joke.

I'm looking to invest in a whole new back 4, I can't believe how much my team leaks.

My side has 101 goals in 30 games but have conceded 38, any ideas on some new central defenders for next season I would prefer Spanish or Argentinian but it is not essential. Also want a young targetman as an understudy to Llorente, any ideas?

My side has 101 goals in 30 games but have conceded 38, any ideas on some new central defenders for next season I would prefer Spanish or Argentinian but it is not essential. Also want a young targetman as an understudy to Llorente, any ideas?

Depends in the cash you have (but Im assuming that you've set foreground suggar daddy), but what about Alvaro Dominguez, Mateo Musacchio or Nicholas Otamendi?

As for a targetman, isnt Rondon good enough?

So I've finished the second season and I havent won anything :( (unlike some of you guys).

I came third in the league with 83 points. My defense is decent but I can't score enough. Hopefully having Tevez for a whole season will help that.

2013FinalLeagueTable.png

I somehow made the CL semis which means that I made quite a bit of cash from it. Had AC Milan, Sporting Lisbon and Besiktas in the group stage and managed to finish 1st on 11 points (2 draws with Milan, 2 wins over Besiktas, split against Lisbon) with Besiktas on 10 points. Here's how the knock-out stage went:

2013UCL.png

I fluked a 1-0 away win against Arsenal and then held on for a 1-1 draw to beat them in the Qtr finals :D.

I lost in the Qtr Finals of the Copa Del Rey to Atletico Madrid (who are proving to be a bit of a bogey side).

RVN is retiring, but I'll be keeping him on as a Ball Control coach as he looks immense. Arne Friedrich (who was my 3rd CB) is also retiring.

do they have a sugar daddy? Im seriously feeling to make a save with malaga. Dethrone Barca and Real

They do have a 'sugardaddy' but, in many people's opinion, including mine, the 'Background Sugardaddy' which they have at the start of the game doesn't reflect real-life well. Therefore, many people ave edited it from a 'Background Sugardaddy' to a 'Foreground Sugardaddy', similar to Manchester City or PSG's owners, to make the game more enjoyable and realistic :)

If you don't know how to use FMRTE, there is a thread about it in the 'Editors Hideaway' or, alternatively, you could wait until next week when I will upload a edit pack with the new 'Sugardaddy' :thup:

They do have a 'sugardaddy' but, in many people's opinion, including mine, the 'Background Sugardaddy' which they have at the start of the game doesn't reflect real-life well. Therefore, many people ave edited it from a 'Background Sugardaddy' to a 'Foreground Sugardaddy', similar to Manchester City or PSG's owners, to make the game more enjoyable and realistic :)

If you don't know how to use FMRTE, there is a thread about it in the 'Editors Hideaway' or, alternatively, you could wait until next week when I will upload a edit pack with the new 'Sugardaddy' :thup:

Aye the new update killed FMRTE so need to wait for updated version ;)

So I've finished the second season and I havent won anything :( (unlike some of you guys).

I came third in the league with 83 points. My defense is decent but I can't score enough. Hopefully having Tevez for a whole season will help that.

2013FinalLeagueTable.png

Oooh!

Granada CF still hanging in there in Liga BBVA :thup:

What formations you guys use I can't believe my team are so useless this season

I mainly used a 4-2-3-1 in Season 1. My line up typically was:

GK - Caballero

DR - Gamez / Sanchez

DC - Demichellis / Mathijsen

DC - Alvaro Dominquez

DL - Monreal

MC (BWM) - Kara

MC (DLP) - Toulalon / Camacho

AMR (Winger) - Joaquin / Duda

AMC (AM) - Baptista

AML (AP) - Cazorla

ST (AF) - Rondon / RVN

In the 1st half of Season 2 I used a 4-1-2-1-2 (basically a 4-4-2 with a narrow diamond midfield) but after January I went back to the old tactic because I bought Angel Di Maria

i think playing in the champions league has killed my squad, the condition of my players are not the best, I just need a change of fortunes. I'm hoping during jan I can buy a decent CB and RB.

Same, my players had a condition of about 80% going into the next game. as good as the champs league is it totally anhilates your players

Granada CF was actually going to be my Spanish save until I read about Malaga having a sugar daddy

There have actually been strong rumours around Granada, that should the club avoid relegation season in Liga BBVA, there's some Arab prince or other interested in buying the club. There's also a new 40k seater stadium planned if the club stays up.

So for FM13, Granada might just be "the new Málaga" ;)

Unfortunately I don't see Málaga set as a local rival or the "Andalucia Oriental Derby" mentioned in the information screens for either Granada or Málaga, which I had requested during data research. Hopefully that will be amended in later patches. :thup:

It's actually more of a friendly rivalry, though apparently fans used to throw ripe fruit at each other in the 60's and 70's :lol:

I mainly used a 4-2-3-1 in Season 1. My line up typically was:

GK - Caballero

DR - Gamez / Sanchez

DC - Demichellis / Mathijsen

DC - Alvaro Dominquez

DL - Monreal

MC (BWM) - Kara

MC (DLP) - Toulalon / Camacho

AMR (Winger) - Joaquin / Duda

AMC (AM) - Baptista

AML (AP) - Cazorla

ST (AF) - Rondon / RVN

In the 1st half of Season 2 I used a 4-1-2-1-2 (basically a 4-4-2 with a narrow diamond midfield) but after January I went back to the old tactic because I bought Angel Di Maria

I play with the same formation.

laligatable.jpg

playerstatsd.jpg

Well the first season is done and dusted and we finished second scoring an incredible amount but also conceding far too many for my liking, although this is a problem I have with FM no matter who I manage. Posted the player stats as well, Tevez is just brilliant and paired with Llorente they are brilliant to watch. I have never really made a slow target man succeed on FM since FM08 I think it was so to see my £30 million man score 30 and assist 26 was great he has much more to his game than scoring, holding the ball up and starting attacks is what he does best.

The wingers also had great seasons and I was surprised to see Joaquin slightly out perform Carzola who seems a bit injury prone. I never expected Javi Martinez to play so well and score so many from central midfield but 17 goals is a very very good season by any central midfielder especially one that never played a single game at AMC. Kameni was superb in goal and he conceded 32 in 29 where as the clown that is Caballero let in 15 in just 9 games although to be fair to him he had to face Barcelona twice.

Got to wait and see my transfer budget for next season but I need to expand the squad ready for Champions League football. I have a feeling I will have to challenge for the title to keep my job which will be hard as I am not sure I can get the team to play this well again. I need at least one central defender but will be looking for two along with someone who can play both winger positions, Luis Suarez is transfer listed for £23.5 million so I might go for him if I cannot sign Jesus Navas.

On a side note I have landed the job of Spain U-23 manager so with the Olympics approaching I have to decide which three over age Spaniards I should take with my squad.

Well done acid, good to see you getting that champions league spot. You will need to add to your squad if you intend to try and do anything in the champions league, I made the mistake of not really adding to my squad and I have seen league performances suffer because of it. Good luck with Spain U-23 I won the olympics with Englad U-23's so good luck.

Well done acid, good to see you getting that champions league spot. You will need to add to your squad if you intend to try and do anything in the champions league, I made the mistake of not really adding to my squad and I have seen league performances suffer because of it. Good luck with Spain U-23 I won the olympics with Englad U-23's so good luck.

Out looking for players now need two central defenders and someone who can play on both wings.

Llew_Arshavin23 - With a foreground sugar daddy 2nd season budget for Champions League Qualification was only £16.8 million but the wage budget was £1.6 million and I am currently spending 875k. So if I give myself a wage budget of £1.2 million I get £33 million transfer budget, this seems realistic to me with monthly payments that is a decent amount.

Spend your money wisely Acid. You could buy a bunch of youngsters and let them have some fun in the league and cup against lesser opponents?

I can see myself making one marquee signing on monthly transfers then two defenders, if there is any good youth around I will go for them but on FM12 cheap young players seem to be at a minimum.

Archived