FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news after all my success at the club! Being a Icon! Guess who has been granted a new stadium ;)

Going to cost £138million, selling our old ground for £27.5million and some additional sponsorship that raises £62.8million.

I think they are going to call it Malaga Stadium (crap name).

Seats 44k , undersoil heating and retractable roof! :thup:

Will be built 11th July 2018

Great news after all my success at the club! Being a Icon! Guess who has been granted a new stadium ;)

Going to cost £138million, selling our old ground for £27.5million and some additional sponsorship that raises £62.8million.

I think they are going to call it Malaga Stadium (crap name).

Seats 44k , undersoil heating and retractable roof! :thup:

Will be built 11th July 2018

So are you leaving or staying to play in the new stadium?

Glad you're staying with us, Blue!

And good work on the league win, Rab!

As for me, I'm making plans for the January window. Just noticed that Maicon is on the transfer list, so I have a decision to make: My current RB's are 1) Kyle Walker (loan) and 2) Sergio Sanchez. I'm giving Sanchez the month of December to prove himself to me. I'm hoping he does well, so I can cancel Walker's loan and bring Maicon in (on loan also) and be confident that Sanchez will be a reliable backup. However if he doesn't do well I have half a mind to sell him in Jan, which would mean my two RB's are both loans, which will could give me a headache come next season.

Jack Wilshere is on the loan list, and Carlos Vela is on the transfer list. Definitely going to put in a bid for one of those two. Buonanotte will be the one making way (a combination of lacklustre performances and my inability to spell/say his name). Can't decide who I want though. Obviously Wilshere has the biggest potential, but he is maybe a little too similar to Cazorla/Afellay/Kovacic - whereas Vela is a more direct obvious inside forward who, when trained as a AMR will be the perfect player to rotate with Dos Santos.

Having Wilshere would allow me to play with Advanced Playmakers on either wing (Cazorla/Kovacic on the left, Wilshere/Afellay on the right); Vela would allow me to have an Advanced Playmaker on the left and a left-footed Inside Forward on the right (Dos Santos/Vela), which probably would give me a little more penetration.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I think £20 million is a decent price for a 30 year old.

Why not try offering him a new contract with reduced wages?

I tried but he will not go any lower than 200k plus his agent wants a big fee, £5 million to renew a 30 years contact is just not worth it.

Congrats on getting the stadium Blue_magic! Maybe I should start pestering the board again?

Wow. I really hate Bilbao and their damn 3-4-3. 3-0 down at half time.

I have an unusual amount of trouble with both Bilbao and Atletico Madrid

My B team has been promoted by they are sitting bottom of the league what should I do?

I signed a bunch of free players and sent them on loan to get them promoted to Liga Adelante and now use them to set some of my youth players went they wont go on loan to similar level clubs

My B team had to sell their training facilities to raise money lol.

:lol: Happened to me to.

Congrats on getting the stadium Blue_magic! Maybe I should start pestering the board again?

I have an unusual amount of trouble with both Bilbao and Atletico Madrid

I signed a bunch of free players and sent them on loan to get them promoted to Liga Adelante and now use them to set some of my youth players went they wont go on loan to similar level clubs

:lol: Happened to me to.

You got them players, good idea!

Málaga CF - Pre-Season update;

Hello and welcome to my first update of this save; so far, this save has been very enjoyable and I will be providing regular monthly updates to keep you updated on my progress and how the masterplan to overtake Real Madrid and Barça is going. Vamos!

The Tactics - Formations and preferred line-up's;

4231mlaga.png

This tactic looks very promising from our pre-season exertions. I intend on providing the Málaga faithful with a good brand of football, loosely based on the set-up that Wenger and Guardiola have set-up at their respective clubs. I really want to get my set-up, that I am extensively working on, to write Málaga CF into the history books. New signing Alberto Botía, our new signing from Sporting Gijón, will be the second half to what I hope will be a good, solid partnership between himself and Demichelis. Natxo Monreal and Jesús Gámez will be deployed as attack-minded but, sensible full-backs - both are good in possession of the ball yet, good without it. To the central midfield, Jérémy Toulalan, who is renowned for holding the ball well in times of extreme pressure, will be the holding midfielder; someone who will look to sit a little deeper, pop the ball off to a more 'creative' player ahead of him and defuse any danger caused by a opposition player. Apoño, who is a favoured player of mine, will also be a key figure in my midfield for at least 1 season. He's performed well in early pre-season matches, so he should be an important player this season. Júlio Baptista will look to play as a AMC; he'll pick up the ball, turn and spring a quick attack forward. Isco, another new signing, will also be used on a regular basis. Salomón Rondón will be used as my main striker but, RVN, Sebástien Fernández and Juanmi, a Málaga Academy product, will all play a helping hand. Joaquín will also be a starter while, on the other wing, our vocal point and talisman, Santi Cazorla, should be weaving his magic as he has done in pre-season games.

Pre-Season fixtures and results;

preseasonfixturesandres.png

All in all, I was pleased with these games. The players who played showed me some positives and sides of the game that needs improving; it also gave a good run out for my tactic too. Pre-Season for me is an important period in a season. Whatever happens in pre-season will give you a good idea of what, eventually, will come of your competitive campaign. We saw a fabulous, monumental victory against the men from Florence with that 6-1 romp; Positive. But, we also saw a consistent leaking of goals. By no means, 9 goals in 6 games isn't that good. That is obviously something I will have to work on in time but, when the standard of players improves, so will the defensive duties.

Transfers - Summer Transfer Window [in's & Out's];

In's;

Carlos Kameni - Espanyol - £4.1 million - A very reliable, agile 'keeper. One of the stand-out performers for Barcelona-based Espanyol in recent years and will only get better as time progress'. Has overtook Willy Caballero in the race for the #1 spot and, without any injury problems, will stay there for atleast 5 years.

Alberto Botía - Sporting Gijón - £7.5 million - Calm under pressure, good in possession of the ball and accomplished defensively. The ex-Barça youth player has all attributes and traits that I was looking for; Initially, I was in the market for Atlético's Álvaro Domínguez but, we couldn't agree a reasonable fee and I then moved for Sporting's centre-half. Like this singing very much, I just hope he proves to be worth the outlay.

Vincenzo Iaquinta - Juventus - Season-Long loan deal - Many will be questioning why I bought, what some say, is an ageing, over-rated Juve player but, he has the 'skills to pay the bills'. A clinical finisher who, along with RVN, will provide the know-how and experience to bag those vital goals in vital games.

Out's;

Edinho - Sporting Lisbon - £1.1 million - Decent player but, If I want this club to progress I must get rid of deadwood such as Edinho.

Heldér Rosário - Birmingham - £780k - Another piece of driftwood floating down the stream and away from Málaga.

Rúben and Francisco Portillo - Córdoba - Affiliate club loan deals - Both were sent out on loan due to registration issues but, Rúben looks set to have no future at the club while Portillo, who I have high hopes for, will hopefully prove his worth in Spain's second tier.

A few final words...

Style of Play - As I outlined in my tactic analysis, I believe that this club has the potential and resources to play the same successful brand as a team like Barça or Arsenal. This, ultimately, is what I am attempting to do too. For the first season, I will aim to play an attack minded, free-flowing game but, at times, I will have to shackle myself against bigger and better opposition; with my initial season objective being set at Champions League qualification, it may be hard to achieve that in a Barça-esque approach.

January Transfer Targets - I may be contemplating a bit prematurely but, I want to accumulate my plans early on so, once I reach January, I have clear and precise ideas in my mind. Due to my commitment to a attacking game, I would love to bring someone like Mario Götze or Thiago Alcantara but, saying that, a little more defensive depth and stability wouldn't cause any harm; Raúl Albiol of Real Madrid would be fantastic.

Málaga's September Liga BBVA fixture list;

10/9/2011 - Granada [H]

18/9/2011 - Mallorca [A]

22/9/2011 - Athletic Bilbao [H]

25/9/2011 - Real Zaragoza [A]

Well, that's it for my pre-season update. I will keep you lads up-to-date with my save but, for now, Vamos, good luck with your Málaga saves and keep posting! :D

VAMOS MÁLAGA!

Llew - what a beautiful post my friend a very good read.

Thankyou :)

Really getting into my Málaga save now; just played Sevilla in what was nothing more than a thriller but, more on that to come in my monthly update ;) Granada next...

23drd23 - If people have managed to get Agüero, Tevez and Pastore, I'll manage to get Götze :D Cheers.

I see you guys are going for some big names, I did the same in the first 2/3 seasons but now I'm on a mission to have a squad full of under 25 yr olds which kind of means I will not be making anymore big name signings I think. Do you guys think I should still sign the big name players?

Inspired by Llew, it's...

Andyp's Mid-Season Report, Season 2012-13!!

My second season with Los Boquerones, which means after three big-spending transfer windows (£89m spent so far) the team should definitely be starting to be showing itself as a good representation of my footballing ethos.

And it is.

League

29z6edd.jpg

After a lightening start to the season (29 points from the first 11 games), we got embarrassingly shown our place by Barca in a 3-1 win. Fortunately for me, this didn't have an overly profound affect on the team, as we've gone on to get 7 points from an available 12. Of those 7 points was a 0-0 draw against a Real Madrid team who have been struggling in the league so far this season and in truth, was a game where we had the lion's share of chances and should have walked away with the full 3 points. As usual, Bilbao's devastatingly effective 3-4-3 formation proved our ultimate downfall and lead to a second league loss. Currently sitting in 3rd place behind Sevilla, who we have already played away from home in a 3-3 thriller.

A huge goal difference, and with two games still in hand it already looks very much like the league is Barca's to lose. However, with Real struggling it is down to us and Sevilla to keep fighting and try and maintain that gap ahead of 4th place. No matter what happens in the mean time I think Sevilla's visit to La Rosaleda on February 17th will be a massive game.

Europe

dn0u2a.jpg

After one of the tightest groups I can remember, we managed to leapfrog Chelsea into 1st place in our Champions League group. It's been a thrilling European adventure so far, most notably for coming back from 2-0 down within 20 minutes to draw 4-4 at Stamford Bridge and then come from 1-0 down to grab a very late double to beat them 2-1 in the reverse fixture. A 75th-minute Julio Baptista piledriver in a 1-0 win over Copenhagen in the final group game was enough to confirm us as group winners after a convenient 0-0 draw between group favourites Chelsea and unexpectedly effective Marseille.

Thanks to that moment of Baptista magic, we have surprise package Montpellier in the second round whereas Chelsea have big-spending PSV.

Squad

Tactically, these big performances have come from one formation: an attacking 4-2-3-1 which allows my truly talented attacking players to run riot.

34ysdh1.jpg

Unquestionably, the player of the season so far has been Santi Cazorla. After a fairly indifferent first season with me, he has now already notched up 18 assists and 4 goals. When you consider he only made 16 assists and scored 4 goals in the whole of last season, he has unquestionably raised his game.

Jeremy Toulalan is worth a big mention here as well. He was very much a fringe player last year, losing his place to Adam Vass and never really impressing me. So far he has made that main ball-winning role in the middle of the park his own with his non-stop work ethic and terrier-like patroling of the midfield. Vass had barely had a look in this season, and provided Toulalan can stay fit, I don't see if he will any time soon.

Finally, Sebastien Bassong has been a monster in defence for me. Forging an increasingly impressive partnership with last season's player of the year Nicolas Otamendi, the sheer physicality we have in defence is more than a match for most forwards. One of the most terrifyingly strong headers of the ball, he is always a danger from corners and already has 5 league goals to his name.

The future

As I have already mentioned, I have a few potential targets for this winter transfer window. Sergio Sanchez impressed suitably, meaning I don't feel I have to disrupt any defensive harmony and bring in another right back - albeit one of the world's best - in Maicon.

Slightly unfortunately, Martin Dimechelis is less than impressed with falling down to fourth-choice centre-back and has nagged me enough to let him leave. Fulham have come in with a £1.3m bid for him. I'm hoping I can raise them up to at least £1.8m. If anything, £40k off the wage bill will be nice.

As a result of our impressive start to the season, the lovely board have given me a heap of cash to spend on new players to strengthen our charge into the second half of the season. To be exact, with some financial jiggery-pokery I have £50m for transfers and £160k p/w in wages to spend.

With that money, I intend to buy another attacking midfielder to add further spark to an already impressive attack. I also would ideally like to bring in a capable CB in place of Dimechelis. Whether it is the permanent transfer of a promising youngster, or a loan deal for an experienced head I am yet to decide.

Andyp - Love that update mate; very well written and set-up :thup:

Looks like you've put together a nice looking first-team there which has served you well in Liga BBVA aswell as the Champions League group stage; shame that you're 3rd, behind Sevilla, as I do hate Sevilla! :D Anyway, Good Luck for the rest of your season, especially with that, what could prove to be, tricky game against Montpellier. Keep us updated.

Alberto Botía - Centre-half come Striker?

[video=youtube;AWPwLRAZAHU]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWPwLRAZAHU

Loved this goal; another telling, creative pass from Mr.Málaga himself, Apoño, and Botía surprises everyone by flicking the ball up and volleying the ball past Granada's 'keeper Roberto in, what seems to be, a Ronaldinho-esque fashion. Bravo!

Thanks for the feedback, Llew, and what a finish!

Want to ask everyone's advice: with this awesome January transfer budget i am kind of spoilt for choice on who to buy. On the one hand, Nasri is listed by request with a price of £37m, which is a lot but he is a player of the highest quality. On the other hand, Adam Johnson is gettable for <£5m, or Granero I can get for around £3m - and thats just transfer listed players. With this money I can also realistically go for someone like Ganso.

However, if I get someone cheap (Johnson/Granero) I could use the rest of the money to invest further in my defence. I could get a goalkeeper of genuine Champions League quality, as Kameni's one-dimensional shot stopping way does seem to be getting found out this season. As well as a keeper I could put an offer in for Azpulicuerta (sp), who I have always rated but always expensive.

So, world class attacking midfielder to play alongside Cazorla/Tevez; or decent attacking midfielder to provide cover for Cazorla/Tevez/Affelay and new 'keeper, RB and possibly CB?

As well as a keeper I could put an offer in for Azpulicuerta (sp), who I have always rated but always expensive.

dr.jpg

He is great really consistent, plays in spain team now, cost me 16m but well worth it. I also have Vrasljko and Micah Richards who play there but the spanish lad is first choice. As a result sold Gamez to AC Milan, in the summer and board bring it up every monthly report :p

i reccomend Victor Ruiz from Valencia, has been excellent from me. Him and Danny Wilson have been my young and solid DC pairing this season and have been excellent, also i got a U21 LB rodriquez i think, quite cheap, is young with good potential and again quite consistent.

Well with the change of management at Real Madrid, Ozil was transfer listed, and joined Malaga in the season 3 january transfer window for 14m. Exciting season ahead, sound good youth joined in january and more joining in the summer. Blaise Matuidi will be joining in july as well. Summer targets will be a nother DC to repalce departing Bovo, a minor cull in midfield maybe and maybe a star striker...will see as current crop are doing well

ozil.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, Llew, and what a finish!

Want to ask everyone's advice: with this awesome January transfer budget i am kind of spoilt for choice on who to buy. On the one hand, Nasri is listed by request with a price of £37m, which is a lot but he is a player of the highest quality. On the other hand, Adam Johnson is gettable for <£5m, or Granero I can get for around £3m - and thats just transfer listed players. With this money I can also realistically go for someone like Ganso.

However, if I get someone cheap (Johnson/Granero) I could use the rest of the money to invest further in my defence. I could get a goalkeeper of genuine Champions League quality, as Kameni's one-dimensional shot stopping way does seem to be getting found out this season. As well as a keeper I could put an offer in for Azpulicuerta (sp), who I have always rated but always expensive.

So, world class attacking midfielder to play alongside Cazorla/Tevez; or decent attacking midfielder to provide cover for Cazorla/Tevez/Affelay and new 'keeper, RB and possibly CB?

Having a read through the thread to see what malaga are like.

Adam Johnson would be a great buy, amr as IF he is lethal and would allow you to put Affelay in the AMC position. you could then try for Javi martinez as you play with a BWM and this would also ruin Bilbao which would leave you able to beat them in future games :)

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I've decided that as good as Nasri is, £37m is a helluva lot of money so have gone for Johnson (£3.8m!) and put a £1.8m offer in for Sidney Sam. Granero didn't sign a new contract so I can get him for free next Summer if he agrees to my terms. £5.6m for Johnson, Sam and Granero. Serious bargains there. Sam looks like the most one dimensional player possible, but with his pace, finishing and determination I'm thinking super-sub!

Have put an inquiry in for Azpilicuerta and Sebastian Corchia. Azpilicuerta is first choice, but Corchia looks like he can be as good as him for hopefully less money.

Have also made loan bids for Joleon Lescott and Danny Wilson (both until the end of next season). One of those will be fine as CB cover behind Otamendi/Bassong and Mathijson.

I've also sent enquiries out for: David De Gea, Pepe Reina, Hugo Lloris and Sergio Romero.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I've decided that as good as Nasri is, £37m is a helluva lot of money so have gone for Johnson (£3.8m!) and put a £1.8m offer in for Sidney Sam. Granero didn't sign a new contract so I can get him for free next Summer if he agrees to my terms. £5.6m for Johnson, Sam and Granero. Serious bargains there.

Your right, they are some serious bargains you have there!

Even with a club as financially sound as Malaga, I still feel you need try keep the ship steady and not go too overboard.

Great work there Andyp.

Archived