The FM Apprentice

The Football Manager Apprentice

Season-5-The-candidates-the-apprentice-uk-4954508-626-319.jpg

Lord Sugar is back, but this time with a different version of his hit reality tv show. He's in the search for the first ever Football manager apprentice, looking for someone with the business pedigree to manage a football club.

20 Contestants, each assigned to one football club in the premier league, one WILL be fired every fortnight. After the season is over, the contestants will be whittled down to a final 3, where finally one of the applicants will claim the prestigious crown of, The winner of the first ever Football manager apprentice.

So, how will the winner be determined? Applicants will be required to show their business accumen by selling as many of there first team players as possible and then using that money, will have to use there negotiational skills, to crack cheap deals and bring in replacements for the squad they have sold.. Any player you fail to sell, that players valuation will be deducted from your overall finances. Anybody that doesnt manage to break even or make a profit before the season starts, will automatically be deemed ineligible to continue on, and WILL be fired.

This will not be based simply on league position however. If you're blackpool and have guided them to the top half of the table, that will be looked upon as good business skills and will likely see you enter the latter stages of the competition as long as that form continues.. However if you're one of the big 4, and they slump to mid table, it's likely you'll be in the boardroom pleeding your case to Lord Sugar.

So pick you're club wisely, and fill in you're CV Below, we will begin once Lord Sugar has found the BEST 20 applicants, where I will then explain the rules further.

Template

Applicant Name:

Preferred Team:

2nd Choice Team:

Business Background:

Good Luck!

Applicant List:

Aidan Lfc - Liverpool

Adam C - Tottenham

William Hall - Chelsea

Nottm Forest - Blackpool

Henrika Barislaz - Newcastle

Be Jayatsena - Arsenal

Sam Zai - Fulham

Alviro Courtenay - Everton

Mikey - Blackburn

Robert Tan - Birmingham

DJTom?

Applicant Name: Aidan Lfc

Preferred Team: Liverpool

2nd Choice Team: Leeds

Business Background: Aidan has had a few short jobs as a football manager in lower english and french leagues, teams like Darlington, Havant & Waterlooville and EFC Frejus Saint Raphael. However in recent times has turned his attention to buying football clubs rather than managing them, after winning the Euro Millions jackpot of £128 million. He also owns many small local businesses.

Template

Applicant Name: Adam C

Preferred Team: Tottenham (lfc already taken i can see)

2nd Choice Team: West Brom

Business Background: Managed a sunday league side to the cup and league double two seasons in a row, moved to non-league side Braintree, in which time they managed to get to the 4th round of the FA Cup, losing to Man Utd 2-0, got to the play-off final only for penalty heartbreak. Football management was only part time, whilst he owned a handful of stores in the local area. Since has cashed out on his businesses, owns a stake in braintree football club after resigning to look for higher level management, and sees the football apprentice as his perfect opportunity to improve his reputation and ability.

Applicant Name: William Hall

Preferred Team: Chelsea

2nd Choice Team: Manchester City :D

Business Background: A footballing prodigy who has already managed two title-winning Hyundai A-League sides consecutively (a first), one of them despite the salary cap winning the Asian Champions League (again a first) and finished second at the Club World Cup in the United Arab Emirates. He now wants to manage his beloved Chelsea to English and European glory, he is also rumoured to have Manchester City as second as spite to his most hated club, Manchester United.

Applicant Name: Nottingham Forest

Preferred Team: Blackpool

2nd Choice Team: Aston Villa

Business Background: I often enjoy saves where I have to wheel and deal. I like looking for bargains and building clubs up. On FM10 I enjoyed an epic save with Scunthorpe United which after 5 or 6 seasons saw me promoted to the Premiership after winning the Championship. I had built the clubs finances up through selling players on for profit and then replacing them with frees. Throughout my first six seasons I only spent about £2m tops on transfers and made about £50m. I didn't spend any money for the first three seasons. My refusal to splach out continued into the Premiership. I only brought in Henri Lansbury and a few other players for small fees. We were relegated but the funds helped keep us stable. I had also built up the clubs facilities too.

Applicant Name: Henrika Barislaz

Preferred Team: Newcastle United

2nd Choice Team: Liverpool

Business Background: As far as ambition goes, there won't be many more ambitious. However rather than taking the little clubs to the big time, I prefer making the big clubs, bigger. People say globalisation is a bad thing and make the gap between the rich and poor countries greater, I disagree. The more money the big clubs have, the more money they have to spend on the littler clubs players, that's my philosophy. In the time i've spent in Management I have never failed in taking the best players from the little guy and turning them into superstars whilst supporting the other clubs financially. Just call me mr Disney.

I'm pretty sure you can't get rid of players who have just signed for a club?

I'm going to use the data editor, to change the date the player joined the club, of all of the players that have recently signed. This should mean that all players are viable to be sold.

Template

Applicant Name: FM TID.

Preferred Team: Hereford

2nd Choice Team: Ludlow town

Business Background : the winner of the jackpot 161million ;)

Were only doing premier league teams mate. Pick from any of the teams available that were part of the 2010/2011 season..

Applicant Name: Ryan McLoughlin

Preferred Team: Sunderland

2nd Choice Team: Aston Villa

Business Background: The man who has been running a business and flipping them for huge profits ever since selling a lemonade stand for a 600% profit at the age of 6. McLoughlin now works in Ireland in advertising, while still looking for the next big thing and looking for a way to make money on it. He now hopes to become the first ever Apprentice in the Premiership, looking to swing big deals and bargin buys for whatever club is lucky enough to have him.

Applicant Name: Be Jayatsena

Preferred Team: Arsenal

2nd Choice Team: Man Utd

Business Background: The puppet for money laundering people in Indonesia, especially government people. Inspired by fellow south-east asian leader, they decide to do business in premier league.

Applicant Name: Sam Zai

Preferred Team: Fulham

2nd Choice Team: Wolves

Business Background:Arab Sheikh in the mould of Sheikh Mansour.Aspiring footballer who is looking to buy his way into the first XI of a top tier european team. The wealth was drove via family interest in real state spreading all over the globe

Applicant Name: Alviro Courtenay

Preferred Team: Everton

2nd Choice Team: Wolverhampton

Business Background: Alviro was a tough tackling defender who after getting released by Southampton's academy at the age of 15, left to join Eastleigh where he was a key member of the club's youth squads before joining Cambridge United when he left to go to Cambridge University at 18. He was a first-team regular for 4 years before making a surprise move to Stade de Reims, a lower league French club. He stayed there for a miserable 2 years before joining Istres where he played for a total of 7 years, becoming captain in his third year at the club before retiring due to a recurring knee injury. After retiring, he became a pundit on French television and started his own billion pound Computing company which has gone from strength to strength, becoming one of the biggest companies in the market. He has since felt a burning desire to return to football, so has jumped at the opportunity to become Chief Executive of Everton.

Name : Mikey

Preferred Team : Blackburn

2nd Choice : Bolton

Business Background : After being released from numerous youth setups including Stockport County, Mikey decided he'd try and get into football another way.. He became an agent, and soon had his own company set up with some top clients, including top talents such as Wayne Rooney.. Soon his company was expanding, and it continued to get bigger and bigger.. Once he had enough money, he bought out the team he was rejected by as a junior, Stockport.. With the added finances he proved they were soon competing at the top of league 1, took home the johnstone paint trophy, and after finally being promoted, even managed to see his team reach the championship playoffs.. Now he's looking to further his career and win the Football manager apprentice.

Okay guys, were gonna get this thing started.. This DOESNT mean people can stop joining as this is only the preparation stage.. Ok so this is how it works.. Were starting off with the selling stage.. So in FM Terms you will have 2 weeks to sell players, and then the rest of the transfer window will be for you buying the players.. You will have roughly 2 weeks to submit your preparation for the selling stage, then another 2 for the buying..

So how does it work? Everything will run through my game of Football manager, I have used the editor so you will have the ability to sell every player.. All you need to do is fill out certain criteria for every player in your squad.. like below..

Name : Wayne Rooney Starting Price : 40 Million Minimum Value : 20 Million.

You will fill this out for every player in your first team (25 players), everyone else stays on your team for no extra cost..

The starting price, is the first value I will transfer list your player for, the minimum value, is the minimum you're willing to accept for your player.. If you fail to sell a player, there starting price value will be taken off your finances, but you will keep the player.. So don't go too high, or it might come to bite you in the ass! Go to low.. and it may cost you some serious cash..

So pretty simple, let's get started, try and keep all of your players list onto one post so I can keep track of everything..

Cheers guys!

SAM ZAI | Fulham

Player | Starting Price | Minimum

Brede Hangeland 20 million 10 million

Mark Schwarzer 2 million 250k

Clint Dempsey 13 mn 6 mn

Aaron Hughes 3.5 mn 1 mn

Dembele 15 mn 7 mn

Danny Murphy 2 mn 250k

Salcido 2 mn 500k

Zamora 7 mn 3 mn

Zoltan Gera 2 mn 500k