Knap FM11.3 Tactics

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tactics are result based not possession based. Most of my MC games were about 50:50 but Lpool were low as I suspect this is the way Lpool are set up. However, I still won away from Home against Lpool with low possession.

The AI play in very weird ways as just from highlights at times, if the AI SUS then there are no highlights and the tactic may force them to play in this manner more than usual especially away from home. The season with MC scored 122 goals which is well above a standard 1st season EPL win.

liverpoolvmancityinform.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Knap

Goals scored aint a problem, if anything, i'm scoring too much goals ;) Its just I can't keep playing with such poor possession! Yes, i'm winning games, but not really with much style. I'm not trying to put the tactic down, because it does get results, I just feel it could get similar results, whilst still keeping better possession?

Steve

I know this is only one match, so does not show the full picture, but I have replayed the Liverpool game with the exact same squad as above screenshot.

First result with the FM10 Tactic update:

mancityvliverpoolsplitv.jpg

And lastly with the 100pts tactic:

mancityvliverpoolsplitv.jpg

After watching the games, and again, I know its only one match, it is clear that they all are good in attack. The 100pts certainly allows the opposition more chances at goal than the new 105pts tactic, and they all seem the same possession wise. I have used the 100pts tactic alot, and can say that it does keep more possession that the 105pts tactic. I guess they all have there good/negative sides, just wish the 105pts tactic kept a little more possession.

Steve

Finally I managed to find this thread again ;)

Unfortunately here at work I cannot see any of the pictures posted and can't search the forums much either.

If not asking too much, I got some response to the "the rock" tactics, which I got several months back (cannot find the name of these tactics on page one, but it was an extremely long file name, with lots of !!! in the beginning and I am pretty sure something with chelsea too... classic 442)

Now I can't say much, because I managed to get AFC Telford promoted to the Premier League using these tactics by 2019 and managed to keep them up as well.

My main observation was, that the full-backs have forward runs on rarely and I also noticed that they more often than any other players get below average ratings, so to say the achilles-tendon of the formation. Have you had any testing with these, as to set forward runs to normal or often? Or using a F-arrow?

Another observation is that the MCs, and I do have world-class players there, also always seem to get the standard 6.9 ratings, giving the impression (I dont have much time to play, so I dont really watch the scenes) that they are there to fill the gap, but do not really participate in the game that much. Any experiments with long shots and other changes to involve them a bit more?

The wingers make the game, sometimes I move them to the AM position if I am trailing and more often than not this is paying off. They score and assist more than the entire rest of the team together.

Strikers... hard to tell, as it is with strikers... often at the verge of being subbed with a miserable performance and then suddenly 2 goals, from zero to hero. Guess that is just how it is with strikers in real life :p

Any feedback on these tactics ( if you can figure out which ones I am referring to, otherwise I'll look it up) are appreciated... if there is a "follow up" version available, it is appreciated. I am so short on time that I appreciate every second of playing, therefor dont have much time to fiddle around, I just wanna use nice tactics to enhance my playing joy ;) working quite well so far!

often at the verge of being subbed with a miserable performance - I seldom sub a star player for the zero to hero reason.

The rock uses down both flanks DBF in title so would avoid MCs a little, but is to get round back of defence.

The latest 105pts tactic is a mixed tactic.

makes sense and is fair enough, happy with my MCs performing average anyways, always better than badly lol

have you had any fiddling around with the full-backs? Their performance is my biggest worry really. Wondering how forward runs would do for them, but am not in a position to experiment, so I dont get Telford relegated :p

ok, then maybe I got some strange version of it with FB runs on rarely, will sort it out tonight and see if I get better results, would assume so, cheers. Rather make some adjustments than embrace new tactics... after 10 (in game) years of using it, I don't see a reason to change anything :)

No AI cracking tactics then!

I might have to play in the same league for a few consecutive years, in order to say for sure, but by 2021 or whatever year I am in now, I notice a slight better performance every year, due to better players of course.

Only league I have spent 3 or 4 years in was the Championship and my tactics certainly were not cracked there in that time, otherwise a small club like Telford would still be there, if even.

Millsinho

It's easier to start Lower League and completely change squad. I can either use a top squad with no additions or completely change squad if you buy early, it should make no difference. It's best to have a gameplan day 1 about signings.

Wih Genie look at positional rating and then Scout normally. The scout will usually say quality of several Leagues above or twice player X.

Let the Ass Man pick team

Then look at fixture list and note key games for when you need your best side.

Rotate players as necessary for condition or needing game time to keep them happy etc.

With Genie look at club positional rating and work out how good your squad needs to be and buy appropriate players as high above that rating as possible. Use good player guide to identify transfer targets. With youth players look at potential positional rating although this will change over seasons.

Never use OIs.

I just buy good players but tend towards an attacking and defensive midfield partnership and a TM FS strike partnership. However, injuries and condition often mean you have to go with what is available, so a good all round squad is useful.

I'm with Cardiff City in my 2nd season after gaining promotion, ive been using the rock442england2018 11pts from 26 games !!!

Most probs the players I have are just not good enough.

Should I tweak more defensive approach away ?

Help please ???

kNAP tested your 105pt tactics with Forest Green and won the FA Trophy and lost in the Playoff final in my first season which I think is a fantastic achivement.

DO you have anything new thats better then the 105pt tactic before FM12 comes out?

I find that if you have players with pace, your halfway there.

Archived