TheSupremeNTM

[FM11] [Machinima Director] NTM's YouTube Video Story ft. SSC Napoli

76 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm a Machinima Director on YouTube and recently I started a FM 2011 video story.

This is the first episode. Next episode will be up probably next week.

I will regularly update this thread and keep you updated on what's happening in my career!

Season 01: COMPLETED

ALL EPISODES CAN BE FOUND HERE

Season 02: COMPLETED

Is there another suitable forum section where I could share my story in form of a video? Thank you for the address of welcome.

You may share your story here provided it's posted in written form here. It's a text-based forum. A video story might be better suited for the Careers Forum.

For example, if you wrote a text summary and then linked to video (not embedded), that would be permissible.

Alright, thank you very much for the explanation. Is there any chance for this thread to be moved to the 'Careers' section?

This is definitely a unique way of depicting your career, but I think it could well catch on. Good luck! And how did you manage to become a Machinima director?

About a year ago I started making gameplay commentaries on YouTube and after a while I was approached by Machinima. It wasn't as easy as it sounds but it happened. If anyone thinks about starting a similar project, I encourage you to do so, it is really a great hobby!

About a year ago I started making gameplay commentaries on YouTube !

Were these COD videos by any chance?

Wasn't sure what to expect but after watching I quite like it :thup:

A nice bite size chunk which covered all the important areas.

Very good update :thup:. Looking forward to the next update. Could I ask a quick question. What leagues do you have loaded apart from Serie A?

Legend, a Machinima director playing FM! I've always wondered how long it would be before someone started making FM videos. I guess it's a bit harder to make than a CoD video, but still. Best of luck, I'll be following!

Very good update :thup:. Looking forward to the next update. Could I ask a quick question. What leagues do you have loaded apart from Serie A?

I loaded all the countries with all the leagues and a large database! (Yes, the game is slow.. ^_^)

And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

I loaded all the countries with all the leagues and a large database! (Yes, the game is slow.. ^_^)

And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Ok that's cool. I just needed it so I could edit the FMCU HQ :thup:. Would yo mind PM'ing me a little summary once you've played a bit of your save.

Ok that's cool. I just needed it so I could edit the FMCU HQ :thup:. Would yo mind PM'ing me a little summary once you've played a bit of your save.

Yep, no problem.

I've watched all of the episodes so far and I have to say it's a lot more interesting than I first thought and also well done on having that great month :thup: I'm look forward to watching the next episode.

Good stuff.

Really liking the way you present it.

This is Episode 6 of my Football Manager video series on Machinima. The video went online already on March 15 but due to some technical issues it didn’t appear im my box among the new videos and only today I came up with an idea to search for the video manually and I found it. Anyways, along the lines of “better late than never”, here’s the latest episode:

Episode 06

[video=youtube;Oi5ADfPejTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi5ADfPejTU

Another great video, shame about what happened to Cavani though. :(

Not so long ago I’ve been getting many crash dumps which made it almost impossible for me to play the game. In order to rescue the series I hat to load an older save game and replay few month. This is why there are two episode 6: the one I showed you few days ago and the one I’m presenting you today. All the future episodes will be based on this episode 6.

Episode 06 (remake)

[video=youtube;dBz7m3Sm8uI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBz7m3Sm8uI

I plan to coach Napoli for at least another season. I expect the boardroom to offer me a new contract at the beginning of the season 2011/2012, should I accept it?

I just read this comment on YouTube:

I love your videos but u need to bring them out faster it takes like 30 mins to do a month on fm but u bring your vids out like 1 every week :( but keep up the great videos

Here's my response:

It takes me much longer than 30 minutes to play through a month because I have all the 52 nations loaded with all the divisions and large database.
The episodes come once a week because this series is not popular enough and thus it doesn't get any extra treatment. A series with 26 thumbs up and 26 comments simply won't get any more screening time than once a week. All the episodes of the first season are already done, but they have to wait for their turn to go online because out of the 748 views this episode has by now, only 26 people care to support the series. It's all about the likes and comments.

I just read this comment on YouTube:

Here's my response:

Didn't realise it was down to likes and comments, I assumed that views alone would get you enough extra treatment - I'll make sure to like each video from now on. :) Great stuff so far!

Well, it comes to everything - views, likes, comments, favourites. My post wasn't so much about telling you to like the videos, I just wanted to explain why the videos are coming out only once a week since it wasn't the first time that I was asked by a viewer to post more frequently.

Watched them all and will go back to make sure I "liked" them all.

Also you should definately accept the contract if they offer you one as you seem to be doing a great job at Napoli.

I think I may have a go at doing something like this when FM12 comes out, what software do you use to edit the videos? And also, how difficult is it to come to grips with the software?

And congratulations on winning the league. :)

I use Sony Vegas to edit the videos. It is not difficult to get used to the software. The only difficulty is the effort you have to put in. It is very time consuming to produce one episode. But if you enjoy the work, the hours will fly by.

I use Sony Vegas to edit the videos. It is not difficult to get used to the software. The only difficulty is the effort you have to put in. It is very time consuming to produce one episode. But if you enjoy the work, the hours will fly by.

Thanks for the advice, one of my friends uses Sony Vegas to put together skating videos so I shall ask him about it. :)

Very interesting. See you've had great success too. Congrats.

Can imagine this takes lots of time, but it's probably fun too. Certainly a very unique idea.

Watched all of the episodes and enjoyed all of them. Congrats on your title success and good luck for the new season your team looks very good.

Watched the whole series yesterday. Interesting :thup:

Are you planning to stay in Napoli for the entirety, or moving on somewhere else?

Watched the whole series yesterday. Interesting :thup:

Are you planning to stay in Napoli for the entirety, or moving on somewhere else?

I was offered a new contract at the beginning of the second season and I accepted it so officially I will be the Napoli manager until June 30, 2015. I like Napoli a lot but should I win everything with them, it might be a good idea to move on. I have all the nations & leagues loaded so the possibility of managing a different team is there.