FM11: The Official S.S.C Napoli Thread - Now they have Cavani

JimmyWangYang

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello JimmyWangYang and F0rmat,

Been follow this for a while now and getting ready to start a save and will like to see your screen shot of your database size selected leagues Jimmy if its possible .. you two are doing good with Napoli... cheers and other advice other then posted would be good too since I will be going through the back room staff first then looking for my transfers next while setting up my tactics ... Oh I would like to keep or try there real life tactic but if its too hard Ill try yours that I seen on the earlier posts cheers

Forza Napoli

Saw you lurking, legacalciofan... welcome :)

This is my setup:

Database large

Italy - top two leagues

Argentina - top two leagues (needed if you decide to play the Ita-Arg challenge)

England- top league

Spain - top league

Portugal - top league (needed to get Otamendi in the first transfer window)

Germany - top league

France - top league

Holland - top league

Bear in mind that the game does get a lot slower after a few seasons. If you start the game with this setup and already feel it's too slow, then restart with less leagues.

My only other advice would be maybe start with the 4-2-3-1 assymetric instead of the diamond. Even though it means you will have to put Lavezzi on the bench, it's a much more stable tactic that will get you better results.

Cheers Jimmy,

Thank you for the info I will load up the same database that you setup and go through the back room staff will be looking to get a good Asst. Man :thup: and some good coaches all the way down to the scouts then take some of the good advice of the youth to bring in and who to sale but not to make a big change at first due to the team is good but may need some back up for the new tactic 4-2-3-1 assymetric :D

So, after a sort of disappointing season (3rd place is Serie A and knocked out of the CL Semi Final), I decided I needed to freshen up the squad a little.

eYoVG.png

Here's my squad

4dhRE.png

Beat Sporting CP 2-1 to go through to the group stages, which'll help with the clubs finances.

TTamY.png

Decided on no major changes in january window,didn't want to upset the team gelling

Got Tavano £1.1m back up for Lavezzi , Kucka £1.6m back up again and Toloi £2.9m.

Blasi out for £1.1M and Zarate laon to Tornino

Cavani and Lavezzi banging em ,nice settled squad

Then 31st Jan disaster Cavani out for 2 month and i then upset Lavezzi by handling him wrong when he wants to move

quickly get Roque Santa Cruz in on loan for £55k and £37k a week .Injured in first game for 3 week !

Brought in Tavano in alongside Lavezzi and really happy with his 6 goals in 6 games

Currently after 27 played sat in 2nd ,3 points behind Inter and 7 clear of Roma in 3rd

Beat Werder 10-2 agg ,Man City next game

Inter coming up in the Italian Cup semis ,really need a way to beat these guys

Hopefully a trophy or two come the end of the season

W9ySw.png

Such a relief - team have been on a poor streak recently. I dropped the underperforming Dzeko and Lavezzi and put an extra man (Blasi) into DMC to deal with Sneijder. This left Hamsik and Henrique ~(and Witsel, obviously :D) to bomb forward and support Cavani. Rafael was brilliant too, popping up to score twice.

Looking at his average match rating 7.09, you'd think that was decent enough. But he has far and away the best tackles/game ratio in the league, with a stunning 6.44 per game. Brilliant.

Such a relief - team have been on a poor streak recently. I dropped the underperforming Dzeko and Lavezzi and put an extra man (Blasi) into DMC to deal with Sneijder. This left Hamsik and Henrique ~(and Witsel, obviously :D) to bomb forward and support Cavani. Rafael was brilliant too, popping up to score twice.

Looking at his average match rating 7.09, you'd think that was decent enough. But he has far and away the best tackles/game ratio in the league, with a stunning 6.44 per game. Brilliant.

Would you mind please to post a picture of Rafa? :)

All these pictures make me want to have a Napoli save too (but not before the patch of course)

My promising season ended with the treble.....of runners up medals !

Finished 2nd in Serie A 7 points behind Inter P38 W24 D9 L5 F76 A42 Pts 81

Lost Italian Cup Final to AC Milan 2-3

Lost Euro Cup Final to Juventus 2-3

Suffered some lengthly injuries in the run in Zuniga broken leg ,Maggio ,Bounotte ,Sosa all torn calfs. Lacked wide players in important games

Still delighted though ,extra incentive to do better next season. Plus seeing you guys having some success spurs me on

Top scorers: Cavani 37, Lavezzi 37, Tavano 12, Hamsik 9

Assists : Sosa 24, Hamsik 20, Cavani 19 ,Lavezzi 11

MOM: Cavani 14, Lavezzi 11 ,Sosa 4

and Sendings Off :Cannavaro 4

Only signings in the pipeline so far are Bonaventura permanently .Bid accepted for Gago but he's not interested.He's now got Napoli as his favourite club for christs sake

Looking forward to the returning Quagliarella and keen to see how Cigarini performs he's the deep lying playmaker im looking for (anyone used him succesfully ?)

Busy transfer window coming up roughly what sort of budget do you get ?

My promising season ended with the treble.....of runners up medals !

Lost Italian Cup Final to AC Milan 2-3

Lost Euro Cup Final to Juventus 2-3

Suffered some lengthly injuries in the run in Zuniga broken leg ,Maggio ,Bounotte ,Sosa all torn calfs. Lacked wide players in important games

Still delighted though ,extra incentive to do better next season. Plus seeing you guys having some success spurs me on

Top scorers: Cavani 37, Lavezzi 37, Tavano 12, Hamsik 9

Assists : Sosa 24, Hamsik 20, Cavani 19 ,Lavezzi 11

MOM: Cavani 14, Lavezzi 11 ,Sosa 4

and Sendings Off :Cannavaro 4

Only signings in the pipeline so far are Bonaventura permanently .Bid accepted for Gago but he's not interested.He's now got Napoli as his favourite club for christs sake

Looking forward to the returning Quagliarella and keen to see how Cigarini performs he's the deep lying playmaker im looking for (anyone used him succesfully ?)

Busy transfer window coming up roughly what sort of budget do you get ?

cigarini in advanced playmaker attack role with try killer balls as his PPM works wonders for me.

Just an update as I have got my Napoli save going and I am having fun but I know the wins won't last plus now I will be looking to improve the team and get rid of the players that I do not need for next season I am still improving my back room staff ... I tried to get Zola as my Asst. Man but he turned me down due to he wanted to be paid 28k p/w and I was only able to offer him around 10k so he said no lol but he is still interested in being my Asst. man lol well I got Spinosi I think that how you spell his name he good for now.

screenshot20110223at106.th.png

Heres my transfers in the first window .... transfers In then Out ... But I just got 8m pounds transfer fund from the board so good time are coming in the next window...

screenshot20110223at103.th.png

This was a great game we came back to win my team has me at the edge of my seat most of the time lol but play some good football .. the passing is outstanding..

screenshot20110223at102.th.png

This game was nice funny thing is I tried a new tweaked tactic the one that they are playing with now the 3-4-2-1 and Cavani got booked twice fast so I was a man down so I went back to my other tweaked Napoli tactic the 3-4-1-2 which has been working good so far lol so after switching back to this after being a man down look at the score lol

screenshot20110223at101.th.png

We are at the top of the league but its still early only have a two point lead over Roma ... plus we still in the group stage of the Europe Cup but have made to the knock out round due to being 4 games in this group stage..

I have more to update later I am in nov. now so after the next transfer window Ill give another update ... :thup::D

NmQ3n.png

Thank you :)

Btw i started a game with Napoli and i need help, Which Role is the best for the Lavezzi-Cavani Combination?

I thought about Complete Forward for Cavani and DLF for Levazzi, but the latter doesnt seem to have the abilitys to peform there.

Any suggestions?

Ori,

It depends on what type of formation you want to play as with Napoli .. do you want to use the original or the one they use in real life or different one ..

Well, I want to use 4-4-2 with the wingers pushed up to the AMR/L positions...

Any Suggestions?

I been playing the 3-4-1-2 and I can say that Lavezzi and Cavani up front is like a one two punch... Lavezzi scores goals almost for fun since he has flair and cavani once he gets hot he scores for fun too but they work well together I play ... Lavezzi as my left side striker as an Advance Fwd .ATT. and Cavani on the right side as a DLF ATT. seams to be work at the moment.. just you playing the 4-4-2 or the 4-2-4 with wingers you may need to bring in some more wingers ..

I been playing the 3-4-1-2 and I can say that Lavezzi and Cavani up front is like a one two punch... Lavezzi scores goals almost for fun since he has fair and cavani once he gets hot he scores for fun too but they work well together I play ... Lavezzi as my left side striker as an Advance Fwd .ATT. and Cavani on the right side as a DLF ATT. seams to be work at the moment.. just you playing the 4-4-2 or the 4-2-4 with wingers you may need to bring in some more wingers ..

Ok mate I'll try that thanks... :)

Hi guys, just started a Napoli save, and I'm enjoying it so far.

napoliinfirstwindow.png

Made four signings, the two bigger ones paid over 47 months. The other two up front. I seem to need to bring in another defensive midfielder though.

napolitactics.png

I've just beaten Grasshoppers 9-2 to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League. I've been drawn with Man City, Sporting and Montpellier.

Guess I need to introduce myself here.

After reading the very good OP to this thread I decided to start my own Napoli save and document it over at the “FM Career Updates” forum.

Half way thru the first season I’m having a blast with this team. I have settled on the 4-2-3-1 Asymmetric as the formation to play even if it means that Cavani or Lavezzi must come on as a sub.

Btw i started a game with Napoli and i need help, Which Role is the best for the Lavezzi-Cavani Combination?

I thought about Complete Forward for Cavani and DLF for Levazzi, but the latter doesnt seem to have the abilitys to peform there.

Any suggestions?

It's hard to say, but I usually keep Lavezzi to the right because he is right-footed and will make better use of his crossing from there. Lavezzi also has a hidden 20 stat for 'free role', so I would assume his performance improves if allowed to roam. Cavani I've only played with the standard striker instructions in the classic tactic creator. Have a look at some of the statistics already posted about Cavani - if his goal ratio is around the same then there’s no need to change.

Hello Jimmy I have another question well I want to post some screen shots like the ones on this post how do you do it lol I know how to do the small ones from image shack but would like to post them like the ones you have cheers

Do PrintScreen in game, paste into Paint, cut and resize your image, save.

That is a momentous result. Shackling Sneijder really is the key - Inter most likely have him as playmaker. Rafael is a red card waiting to happen.

In my first season, the league was won with only 73 points. Consider yourself unlucky there. Inter are hit or miss – either they are almost unstoppable, or they are floundering around 5th place.

just you playing the 4-4-2 or the 4-2-4 with wingers you may need to bring in some more wingers ..

Good crosses are needed to get the best out of Cavani. I imagine if you bring in someone like Vargas or Bale for the ML spot you can get Cavani to score close to 30 league goals a season.

I tried to get Zola as my Asst. Man but he turned me down due to he wanted to be paid 28k p/w and I was only able to offer him around 10k so he said no

That's strange. From what I recall he is on a £2600 wage with me. I set my reputation as "automatic", nationality as Norwegian, and season expectations as “league winner”.

After reading the very good OP to this thread I decided to start my own Napoli save and document it over at the “FM Career Updates” forum.

Interesting read. Scandinavians will fit the hard-working philosophy of Napoli perfectly. I had Skjelbred a couple of years ago, and he became a club icon.

Hey guys, been following this thread for a while and it's made me want to start my own game with Napoli.

Started by strengthening the backroom staff and got every training category up to a minimum of 3 stars. Although I had the same problem as others with getting Zola as an assistant manager. He wanted 28k when I could only offer about 5k. He accepted the 5k offer but later rejected without reason which is annoying. Ended up with Ray Hall (Everton youth coach) as a stop gap.

On the playing side, I decided to keep the current squad largely as it is, with the exception of sending Hassan Yebda back from his loan spell to free up some wages. I also brought in Levan Mchedlidze as backup for Cavani and Lavezzi, and Thiago Neves to cover the majority of midfield positions.

Still tinkering with tactics atm. I wanted to set up a 4-4-2 diamond but got better results with the 3-5-2 so I'm using that for now.

Sitting in 4th in Serie A after 10 games. Getting 5 wins and 4 draws. Beating AC Milan in the process. Just have to start turning those draws into wins.

Just beat Porto away 1-2 in the Europa league which was a massive result. Leaving an away game against top of the group Bayer Leverkusen and a very winnable game against Wisla Krakow.

Welcome, Gavin :)

My negotiation with Zola started off with a £1000 wage offer. He came back asking for £2700 I think it was, and I was able to negotiate it down a further £100. Could be my negotiation tactics, or it could be just coincidence, but I'm sure glad I have this club legend as my assistant.

Thanks Jimmy. My board want a "respectable league position". Might be something to do with the differing expectations our teams have? He accepts the offer in the negotiating stage (where the comment screen goes green) but later rejects the offer in the news screen.

Could be, Gavin. If Zola thought there was a good chance I would get fired after promising the board I would win the league, he might have seen the assistant spot as a good vehicle to eventually take over my job. Or it could be he liked my ambition and wanted to take part in my challenge (Zola has 20 for ambition).

I'm doing okay in the league so hope the board allow me a change of target in the future. Would love to bring Zola in to do the PR part. I find it a bit tedious now.

Just bought Schelotto for £1.3M. He's joining up in January. Looking at bringing in Contento and Mussachio too.

Napoli end of Season report 2010/2011.

seriea1011.png

Well, we managed it. It was really tight until about March when Inter had a poor spell, losing 3 in 4. We had a few dodgy results ourselves but pulled away in the end. Really happy with that as I was expecting 4-5th place finish.

Otamendi and Cannavaro were both rocks at the heart of my defence, both picking up MOM numerous times. Lavezzi and Cavani both played well as expected scoring 21 and 9 goals respectively, Cavani with 11 assists also, despite being injured for 3 months. A special mentions goes out to Lucarelli, who seemed to be my super sub, scoring almost every time he came off the bench. If he was younger I would have snapped him up, but his physicals are quite poor now.

Hamsik disappointed me somewhat, I really couldn't get the best out of him, no matter where he played or in which role. Any ideas?

We reached the final of the Italian Cup, where once more Juventus beat us, I am yet to beat the Old Lady, GRRRR.

Also I got the quater finals of the Euro Cup, where once more, Juventus beat us. I'm seeing a pattern here..

BUT, I WON THE SUPER CUP, AGAINST JUVENTUS. Oh yeah, sweet retribution, although my board doesn't see it that way.

napolitransfers1011star.png

Onto my signings.

I'll be honest, Rullo I have no Idea why I bought him. He was part owned and I didn't want him but I wasn't quite sure how to not bid, so I bid 100k even though they asked for 600k?

Affelay, basically back up to Hamsik but I'm thinking about dropping Hamsik deeper. He's done well in pre season.

Schelotto is going to be great here. I'm using him as a right wing back set to attack, and boy that's what he does. 6 assists in pre season. He's a bit crap defensively but I don't, I never shut shop.

Luiz will rotate will Otamendi / Cannavaro to bulk out my defence, as even though I go all out I still like clean sheets.

Marko Suler is an average CB, on 6K p/w to be back up should anyone get injured or need a rest.

I'm thinking of bringing in a LWB but if I do I want top quality. I have Digne so no point in buying an average LWB as I'd rather play him and develop the lad.

squad1011start.png

And this is how I play, Overload, attacking wing backs, and I usually set Hamsik and Cavani to attack depending on the opponent. It's done me well so far, I will score one more than you.

Decided to start a game as Napoli, will be signing only Italians and possibly a South American or two, if they're really special. I'll be playing 3-4-3 variants, in the faint hope that I can get it working like it's supposed to.

Oh yeah and I'm playing with updated transfers. First team should look like this:

De Sanctis

Santacroce Cannavaro Victor Ruiz

Gargano Pazienza

Maggio - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dossena

Hamsik

Cavani Lavezzi

The squads pretty thin, with only centre back and the wing backs covered properly, Blasi and Sosa are the only other two I would trust in the first team, so I may look to bring in someone.

Decided to start a game as Napoli, will be signing only Italians and possibly a South American or two, if they're really special. I'll be playing 3-4-3 variants, in the faint hope that I can get it working like it's supposed to.

Oh yeah and I'm playing with updated transfers. First team should look like this:

De Sanctis

Santacroce Cannavaro Victor Ruiz

Gargano Pazienza

Maggio - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dossena

Hamsik

Cavani Lavezzi

The squads pretty thin, with only centre back and the wing backs covered properly, Blasi and Sosa are the only other two I would trust in the first team, so I may look to bring in someone.

I used updated squads too Joe, I bought in M'Vila and Mangane. Sosa is better than you'd think. good back up for Marek. Campagnaro is better than Santacroce.

Kader Mangane? Why did you decide on him out of interest? Centre back is the only position that shouldn't need strengthening at all imo.

Yeah Sosa looks pretty decent, and very versatile, but I'd still like to bring someone in or else it's four players for three positions. I prefer Santacroce to Campagnaro, although there's hardly any difference between them looking at the attributes. Campagnaro is braver whilst Santa is a better marker, plus Santa is younger and Italian which is always a plus.

Kader Mangane? Why did you decide on him out of interest? Centre back is the only position that shouldn't need strengthening at all imo.

Yeah Sosa looks pretty decent, and very versatile, but I'd still like to bring someone in or else it's four players for three positions. I prefer Santacroce to Campagnaro, although there's hardly any difference between them looking at the attributes. Campagnaro is braver whilst Santa is a better marker, plus Santa is younger and Italian which is always a plus.

Why? Cos the other 2 back ups were old and past it. I wanted a new starter. He was it. Its him, Cannavaro and Ruiz.

EDIT:

I got combined £1.8m for the pair of the CB back ups so did well.

In October Udinese offered me Kwadwo Asamoah for £10.5m, I jumped at it, as decent as Gargano/Blasi/Pazienza are they just aren't good enough to start every week, so Kwadwo will slot into the team alongside M'Vila very nicely.

Archived