AI Experiment - what would happen if?

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blakejo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Ter has moved it to the right place though, this forum is for challenges, sign up games and holiday games. I suppose it could go in the FM Stories forum if you want to get really picky.

How do you know, there is no "Holiday Games / FAQ' on this forum.

I don't understand - how is it a challenge? It is not asking me to do anything. How is it a sign-up - I can't join this league and that only leaves Holiday Games and this doesn't look like Twister or Scrabble - so why is it in the right forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a holiday game, which is what this forum is for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blakejo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Ter has moved it to the right place though, this forum is for challenges, sign up games and holiday games. I suppose it could go in the FM Stories forum if you want to get really picky.

I don't understand - how is it a challenge? It is not asking me to do anything. How is it a sign-up - I can't join this league and that only leaves Holiday Games and this doesn't look like Twister or Scrabble - so why is it in the right forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a holiday game, which is what this forum is for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try this again...

How do you know, there is no "Holiday Games / FAQ' on this forum

Originally posted by Blakejo:

How do you know, there is no "Holiday Games / FAQ' on this forum.

It has been clarified before what constitutes a holiday game, but perhaps Ter should sticky a 'holiday games including AI Experiments' FAQ so people know exactly what they are.

Originally posted by r0x0r:

Plus we've not only lost pages in the move, but the GQ "link" to it is broke, claiming there are still the origional number of pages.

Bad move all round.

You've not lost any pages, this forum has more posts to a page than GQ, so threads use less pages.

I agree that the link in GQ is a little pointless in it's current state though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r0x0r:

Plus we've not only lost pages in the move, but the GQ "link" to it is broke, claiming there are still the origional number of pages.

Bad move all round.

You've not lost any pages, this forum has more posts to a page than GQ, so threads use less pages.

I agree that the link in GQ is a little pointless in it's current state though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough. Still a silly link though. I can't see why an exception which had already been made couldn't have been maintained...

Originally posted by Craig Williams:

Its not a holiday game its been going for 6 months for crissake. This is the best thread ever on this site, and now its been moved to some forlorn part of the world.

For example, should Athletic Club Bilbao be forced to play in Sunderland?

I think you've misunderstood the phrase 'holiday game'.

A holiday game is where someone reports on the outcomes of his custom game which are outside of his control. Often the manager will go on holiday for the duration of the game so they can compile the reports analysing their chosen focus faster.

Dafuge surely you understand the point that everybody's making. The fact is peoples main worry is the popularity of the thread which; was surely growing before, now has little chance of expansion. Newcomers will not be able to stumble across the thread; as Lord knows nobody "checks up on" the 'challenges/sign ups/holiday games' thread every-now-and-then, heck Lord also knows I'd be completely oblivious to its existence were it not for the bandits. The link - well to the non informed user; it just doesn't work, why? because it doesn't link you to the right page - or any page for that matter.

The point dafuge, as I'm sure you understand; is that the splitting and labeling of sections such as "editors hideaway" is such that everybody can find what they want, in the way that most efficiently maximizes each threads capacity to be popular i.e.(so that they are not all in one mass jumble and hence can be found). However placing any thread in a section that nobody looks at; despite the technical correctness of the move, in my (and others mind), contradicts that principle. It hasn't been broke for the last 6 months; so don't "fix" it now...

Dafuge! I thought you were ok, however you still support the move of ter "the muppet".

SI must just be jelous of the fact that none of there threads come close to being as popular as kip's (icon14.gif btw) and so they move it to a place nobody can find it, why, if the desision is so obvious has it not been done before. I feel let down by ter icon_mad.gif. He is a right muppet.

Dafuge! I thought you were ok, however you still support the move of ter "the muppet".

SI must just be jelous of the fact that none of there threads come close to being as popular as kip's ( btw) and so they move it to a place nobody can find it, why, if the desision is so obvious has it not been done before. I feel let down by ter . He is a right muppet.

Watch it I got my Yellow card by calling him a muppet! It can't be because I called him a moron because Graeme Kelly agreed with me icon_biggrin.gif

The same could be said for any other thread in here. All the others were moved over, why should this one stay in GQ?

because this is at leat 10 times better than any other thread that has been moved over. I've just spent 5 minutes trying to work out where this thread was. Whoever this muppet Ter is should be shot.

p.s. COME ON YOU BANDITS

relieved I thought I couldt get in to see the thread.

Dafuge, let's not highjack (sp?) Kipfizh's thread and talk about whether it should or shouldn't have been moved, as far as I see EVERYONE but you and Ter think it was dumb to move it and no-one will change his point of view so let's just stop this dumb argument here with most users being unhappy and the dictators in power thinking they made the best move icon_rolleyes.gif

Hopefully Kipfizh comes back soon and posts an update so that this thread can start to be about the Bandits again.

Originally posted by Watford_fc_4_lyf:

SI must just be jelous of the fact that none of there threads come close to being as popular as kip's (icon14.gif btw) and so they move it to a place nobody can find it, why, if the desision is so obvious has it not been done before. I feel let down by ter icon_mad.gif. He is a right muppet.

There was quite a lot of discussion and pressure to get this forum so that threads like this one could exist. Previously, in GQ, these kinds of threads were limited or locked, this forum has allowed more of them to be started.

I can only assume that the reason this thread has not been moved earlier was an oversight by Ter, who has been voluntarily moderating this forum in his spare time since it was created.

Originally posted by Meitheisman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">relieved I thought I couldt get in to see the thread.

Dafuge, let's not highjack (sp?) Kipfizh's thread and talk about whether it should or shouldn't have been moved, as far as I see EVERYONE but you and Ter think it was dumb to move it and no-one will change his point of view so let's just stop this dumb argument here with most users being unhappy and the dictators in power thinking they made the best move icon_rolleyes.gif

Hopefully Kipfizh comes back soon and posts an update so that this thread can start to be about the Bandits again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do apologise for the hijacking, but I don't like the way some people have reacted to this thread being moved. It's a great thread and all that has happened is that it has been moved to the place it should have been put ages ago, surely that won't affect these people's enjoyment of it?

The same could be said for any other thread in here. All the others were moved over, why should this one stay in GQ?

Because it's consistently lauded by swathes of the community from the n00bs to us oldsters as the greatest thread this forum has ever produced.

Because, apart from some anally retentive desire to have the actual thread in the right forum, it's been going along perfectly happily for six months.

Because it's caused absolute uproar by moving it. When this forum exists solely because of the users then they ought to listen to us all when we're clamouring for it to be moved back to it's rightful place.

Nothing like people flexing their e-penis huh.

Come on Kip, let's get this back to the Bandits. Even if it has been shoved to the back of the SI cupboard.

VB

Originally posted by danny dainty:

Why on earth has this post moved?

had it bookmarked and the link didn't work it just took me 20 minutes to find it

icon_mad.gif

Well at least I know where it is now :p

Dan

I'm the same. I just 'knew' what page I was up to (was page 23)

Became extremely worried the thread had disappeared

icon_eek.gif What if kip can't find the topic!? icon_eek.gif

Can we not all mass message him to make sure he can find it?!

icon_razz.gif

I'm sure all the arguments will blow over once we get our next update. The move was obviously badly timed as everyone is on a knife edge as to whether the Bandits stay up and whether the "transfer spoiler" is true.

Stop the bitching now, and concentrate on getting the Bandits where they belong... in Europe icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig Williams:

Bunch of power-hungry people showing their power IMHO

I think it was you who actually alerted to that fact that this was in the wrong forum here . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think I alerted Ter to the AI experiment in GQ? Get a grip man. Its been on the top page for about six months, I think he would have realised.

Originally posted by SpeccyMatt:

I'm sure all the arguments will blow over once we get our next update. The move was obviously badly timed as everyone is on a knife edge as to whether the Bandits stay up and whether the "transfer spoiler" is true.

Stop the bitching now, and concentrate on getting the Bandits where they belong... in Europe icon_cool.gif

Spot on.

Originally posted by Craig Williams:

You think I alerted Ter to the AI experiment in GQ? Get a grip man. Its been on the top page for about six months, I think he would have realised.

I just meant that the recent similar threads prompted the mods to do something, if the other threads hadn't of been started I think this thread would still be in GQ.

I suppose it's too late to fix this now, but you should take note of the uproar you have caused. Many people follow this thread; they have it bookmarked (from which link they can no longer access it), and they track their progress by which page they are on (which via the different condensing scheme in this forum has now changed). Therefore a move which was made with good intentions has temporarily spoiled the enjoyment of this thread by many users - definitely poor forum management.

Next time think before you act.

Originally posted by crafty bison:

I suppose it's too late to fix this now, but you should take note of the uproar you have caused. Many people follow this thread; they have it bookmarked (from which link they can no longer access it), and they track their progress by which page they are on (which via the different condensing scheme in this forum has now changed). Therefore a move which was made with good intentions has temporarily spoiled the enjoyment of this thread by many users - definitely poor forum management.

Next time think before you act.

The same happened to every other thread which was moved here when the forum was created.

Threads with almost infinitely smaller numbers of page views. Threads without anything like the same scale of devoted fans. Threads whose movement did not cause widespread uproar.

Have a look at my thread.

I'm having trouble finding widespread uproar in your "Sign-ups" thread. Unless you refer to a different thread? If so, please be more specific.

Now I'm not trying simply to continue an argument here. I'd much rather get on with the game - I'm anxious to get the next update! All I was trying to do was offer some friendly advice. It seems the powers that be (or even just the First Team Regulars) cannot handle constructive criticism despite their own operations' inadequacies staring straight into their myopic faces.

Originally posted by williamshankley:

With all respect dafuge. I think you should stick to your own threads and stop doing a mods job! You can see there is unhappy people about this thread! It isn't your place!

You're right, I shouldn't have stuck my nose in, I do apologise.

Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're right, I shouldn't have stuck my nose in, I do apologise.

Finally some humanity still remains on this forum icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't come here to argue, I was just trying to explain to people why this thread has been moved in case they didn't realise. I apologise if I come across as a stuck up arse but I'm just trying to justify the existence of this forum.

I'm having trouble finding widespread uproar in your "Sign-ups" thread. Unless you refer to a different thread? If so, please be more specific.

Now I'm not trying simply to continue an argument here. I'd much rather get on with the game - I'm anxious to get the next update! All I was trying to do was offer some friendly advice. It seems the powers that be (or even just the First Team Regulars) cannot handle constructive criticism despite their own operations' inadequacies staring straight into their myopic faces.

This was the thread I was referring to. It was also once popular in GQ and made the transition over to this forum.

Archived