Custom imaginary manager pictures right here

duccio

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mattant250:

btw, regarding my last comment, i've read the above explaination, but i have no idea what that means

sorry for the double post

Cristovão Ederson Parreira Schmidt short hair

At what point are you having difficulties with attaching the picture?

When beginning a new game, or adding a new manager in the middle of a game, you will be prompted by the manager wizard. If you, within the wizard, create a new profile (or edit an existing one), one of the following steps is to select a picture. You can then browse to where ever you have the intended manager picture on your HD and attach it to the manager.

On the other hand, if you want to attach the intended picture to an already existing manager and you have already started the game, you must use the config.xml way. Once you have the config.xml, you have to edit it's code and replace "filename" with the name of the manager picture. For example cristovao_ederson_parreira_schmidt (now that is a long one, you can rename the pic to whatever you want). You have to also edit and replace the "idnumber" with your manager's id number.

OK icon_smile.gif

Windows Notepad will do fine. At least on my Windows XP it is located in Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad. Just copy paste the code to Notepad, and when saving the file change the save type to All Files and name it config.xml.

Save it to My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Graphics\Managers. The Graphics folder - or the Managers - will most likely not exist, so will have to create them. Usually all the extra graphics one might install go to the Graphics folder, so the Managers folder is just to keep the manager pictures separate from other possible graphics (kits, facepacks) you might later add. Place the config.xml and the manager picture to the Managers folder.

hi Duccio,

almost got it.

But it still isn't loading, I replaced the filename with the whole adress in the address bar. and i replaced all of graphics/person/idnumber/portrait with my id number.

I've also saved the image from the link you posted into that folder as well.

Any ideas? icon_confused.gificon14.gif

Originally posted by duccio:

Also in ice hockey many consider it to be a hat-trick only when the 3 goals have been scored successively. If we are to believe, and why wouldn't we, the Oxford English Dictionary, the term hat-trick means and has it's origins in:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> hat-trick

• noun three successes of the same kind, especially (in soccer) a player scoring three goals in a game or (in cricket) a bowler taking three wickets with successive balls.

— ORIGIN referring originally to the club presentation of a new hat to a bowler taking a hat-trick.

I think I read something about it (probably in a football related material) a long time ago. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Oxford English Dictonary eh? - pah - I will not believe it unless you can link me to the Wikipedia entry or the "People who know that the term hat-trick was originally used in cricket to mean a bowler was presented with a new hat after taking 3 wickets in 3 balls" group on Facebook icon_wink.gif

hi Duccio,

almost got it.

But it still isn't loading, I replaced the filename with the whole adress in the address bar. and i replaced all of graphics/person/idnumber/portrait with my id number.

I've also saved the image from the link you posted into that folder as well.

Any ideas? icon_confused.gificon14.gif

Lets say hypothetically that the manager picture's name is managerpic.png and your id is 123456. Below is the code the way it is correctly edited. Notice the extention .png was dropped away from the picture's name.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="managerpic" to="graphics/pictures/person/123456/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

</pre>

It should work as long as both the manager picture and the config.xml are in the same folder in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Graphics\Managers and you adjust the skin settings in game preferences like was described earlier.

As everyone can see, I've gotten quite a few requests lately. I will look into every single one of them, but it might take awhile.

Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

Also in ice hockey many consider it to be a hat-trick only when the 3 goals have been scored successively. If we are to believe, and why wouldn't we, the Oxford English Dictionary, the term hat-trick means and has it's origins in:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> hat-trick

• noun three successes of the same kind, especially (in soccer) a player scoring three goals in a game or (in cricket) a bowler taking three wickets with successive balls.

— ORIGIN referring originally to the club presentation of a new hat to a bowler taking a hat-trick.

I think I read something about it (probably in a football related material) a long time ago. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Oxford English Dictonary eh? - pah - I will not believe it unless you can link me to the Wikipedia entry or the "People who know that the term hat-trick was originally used in cricket to mean a bowler was presented with a new hat after taking 3 wickets in 3 balls" group on Facebook icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No doubt, considering all the pranksters, government agencies, NGOs, corporations, sports fanatics etc. that edit Wikipedia, someone will soon make that entry. icon_wink.gif

I'm not sure what is going wrong this is exactly what i have done:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="cristovao_ederson_parreira_schmidt_" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394667511/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

I have saved this and the picture(which i "saved image as...") into: F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\managers

I have done the settings on the game.

I know i am doing something wrong but i'm not sure what. Can you tell what I am doing wrong please.

Sorry, I'm really bad at this icon_rolleyes.gificon14.gif

duccio, is there anyway you could do a mini guide, i've got facegen & can make the 3d models but with no hair (my girlfriend aint to happy as i used her face & she is so bald, so funny) i've also got gimp, adobe photoshop & corel paint shop pro but no matter what i do i can't get the hair or anything to look like yours, i really need help as i want to make some funny picture's of my friends & family, any help would be very much appreciated.

I think it has a _ because that was your second version of the guy, you did two version: the first doesn't have the _, but the 2nd does, does that matter?

Ah, so it does have the _. My mistake. icon_frown.gif Funnily I have the second picture on my HD and it has a longer name than the one in my Photobucket. Perhaps the name was too long and Photobucket shortened it without me even noticing. Otherwise I don't know why it has happened.

If the name was correct, something else must not be working. You said you have the picture and the config file in F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\managers. I wonder if this is the correct place. I have the files in C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Graphics\Managers (*** being my user profile name on my computer). That you have the 2 last folder names beginning with lowercase letters should not matter.

Does the F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\ directory contain a folder called "games" (among others)?

Originally posted by coreytst:

duccio, is there anyway you could do a mini guide, i've got facegen & can make the 3d models but with no hair (my girlfriend aint to happy as i used her face & she is so bald, so funny) i've also got gimp, adobe photoshop & corel paint shop pro but no matter what i do i can't get the hair or anything to look like yours, i really need help as i want to make some funny picture's of my friends & family, any help would be very much appreciated.

On the first page of this thread there is a small guide where I go through how I have added hairs, glasses and beards in Paint Shop Pro.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/420106/...702069083#8702069083

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattant250:

I think it has a _ because that was your second version of the guy, you did two version: the first doesn't have the _, but the 2nd does, does that matter?

Ah, so it does have the _. My mistake. icon_frown.gif Funnily I have the second picture on my HD and it has a longer name than the one in my Photobucket. Perhaps the name was too long and Photobucket shortened it without me even noticing. Otherwise I don't know why it has happened.

If the name was correct, something else must not be working. You said you have the picture and the config file in F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\graphics\managers. I wonder if this is the correct place. I have the files in C:\Documents and Settings\***\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Graphics\Managers (*** being my user profile name on my computer). That you have the 2 last folder names beginning with lowercase letters should not matter.

Does the F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\ directory contain a folder called "games" (among others)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah: games, data, db, editor data, jre, links, matches, registration, skins, sounds, and now i have added graphics.

It also has the link into the data editor and the game itself and two other files (images i think)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coreytst:

On the first page of this thread there is a small guide where I go through how I have added hairs, glasses and beards in Paint Shop Pro.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/420106/...702069083#8702069083 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

typical, i looked but couldn't see anything, maybe i should make my picture of a guy with glasses.

thanks for that & well done on doing such a great job, mine aint going to look nothing as good as yours but i'm sure going to have fun making my girlfriends look stupid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattant250:

Does the F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\ directory contain a folder called "games" (among others)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah: games, data, db, editor data, jre, links, matches, registration, skins, sounds, and now i have added graphics.

It also has the link into the data editor and the game itself and two other files (images i think) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds a bit strange to me TBH. Fire up your game and select Preferences -> General. On that screen ought to be text "Folder Locations" and then an address right next to it. What is the address?

ah, i think i have found the program:

The place where my games and this new manager are is: F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

Whereas the the Folder Location points to F:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008.

I'll just change that destination and I'll post back to tell you if that works icon14.gif

YES!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

It worked, thanks for all your help duccio.

Just a quick question - does what i have done during this apply the same for skins, etc...?

Thanks again icon14.gif

That's good! icon_smile.gif

Facepacks and logos go to the graphics (sub)folder(s). There is a separate skins folder for skins.

The place where my games and this new manager are is: F:\Documents\Games\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008

Whereas the the Folder Location points to F:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008.

This relates to what I thought was odd in my previous post. You listed some directories that I think generally should not be in the main game istallation folder, but where the Folder Locations points to. Have you looked what F:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 contains? But if it works then there should not be any problems...

I've now done some of the requests.

turn it upto 11

English football personalities of recent years. Lean and mean Gazza, big Sam and Gary Lineker. Probably will have a look at Sheringham at a later date.

Peter Chateaubriand

Mack Ravenscroft

Lindsay Watt

robrobrobrob

I edited a face I had done earlier (but never uploaded) to give it a lighter hair. Kinda looks like an amalgamation of John Candy and Jack Black. icon_biggrin.gif

Alec Smart

Alec Smart brown hair

arcturus15

Star Trek captain Picard - Patrick Stewart.

Thomas Downing

robmontie1965

Pink Panther inspector Clouseau - Peter Sellers.

Yves Lestrade

Originally posted by Haowan:

They look great!

Please could you do Cristiano Ronaldo, Cesc Fabregas and Totti?

KUTGW! icon_biggrin.gif

How could I refuse. But I am busy with other things aswell...

Originally posted by arcturus15:

Thanks for doing my request Duccio. Looks good!

I'm happy you liked it. icon14.gif

Originally posted by DerbyK:

can we start a petition for duccio to be employed by SI to do this for their future games? These are a) all top quality, and b) delivered with brilliant service and politeness.

Working for SI and getting payed for what has been a small hobby? That might be fun. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by ruzzy:

duccio where can i find that regen file i have looked under football manager 2008 file but theres no data file

thanks

Do you mean the facegen folder that is located inside the data folder?

Where is your main FM installation on your HD? If you have FM shortcut icon on your desktop, you can right click it to look at its properties. There you can see where the shortcut points to (target). Data folder ought to be in the same directory with the fm.exe.

Originally posted by Aario:

The Oxford English Dictonary eh? - pah - I will not believe it unless you can link me to the Wikipedia entry or the "People who know that the term hat-trick was originally used in cricket to mean a bowler was presented with a new hat after taking 3 wickets in 3 balls" group on Facebook icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And here it is icon_wink.gif

A question many times asked. This is where the graphics editor comes in. I've taken hairs from FM's \data\facegen\hair folder and pasted them on the faces in Paint Shop Pro.

Any chance somebody could zip up the hairs and host them somewhere? Pretty please?

\data\facegen\hair

Many thanks duccio! You've set me up for my entire managerial career, don't look so outta place alongside the regens now~! It's uncanny how much much it resembles the guy, most of my attempts don't even end up looking human.

One last request: would you be able to post the face without the hair? I would like to give myself a haircut every now and again. Much appreciated.

Archived