Custom imaginary manager pictures right here

duccio

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tom =):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

could you please do me one based on James May, but i'd like his hair to be the more recent longer style.Thanks In Advance.

James May the Top Gear TV presenter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe. Good thing you didn't ask me to do The Stig - wihtout his helmet. Here is one based on James May, but TBH it looks the least like the real thing of all the requests I've done so far.

Will Hawthorne

Originally posted by LSD:

Mate would you do me a big favour and try and model Alan Shearer? Ta

I gave it a go and it came out quite OK.

Norman Cropley

Originally posted by emily_rose:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emily_rose:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emily_rose:

For rijkaard, try this pic with slightly darker skin(you have creative licence over the hair not fussed what you use). Thanks in advance.

I don't know what picture you are talking about, but here is what I have done. I guess it does bear some resemblence to Rijkaard. A bit fat cheeks though...

Winston Blinker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You call that bearing some resmblance, i call it spot on. Thanks icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh,,oh, my last ever request, could you give him a line goatee like the updated obinna eze with slight stubble on the chin and slightly darker skin tone. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on? That's good then. icon_smile.gif

Winston Blinker darker and with a goatee

Originally posted by qpeter:

oh mate i forgot to say ive downloaded the model thingy but i dont how to open it, do you have to have photo shop to use it

If you downloaded it from download.com it looks like the file that intalls the program has been packed into a zip file. Were you able to open the zip? You will need winzip or winrar or something to open it. You do not need to have Photo Shop to use the modeller, but if you wish to make png files with transparent backgrounds, for example, you will need some sort of graphics editor.

Originally posted by duccio:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qpeter:

oh mate i forgot to say ive downloaded the model thingy but i dont how to open it, do you have to have photo shop to use it

If you downloaded it from download.com it looks like the file that intalls the program has been packed into a zip file. Were you able to open the zip? You will need winzip or winrar or something to open it. You do not need to have Photo Shop to use the modeller, but if you wish to make png files with transparent backgrounds, for example, you will need some sort of graphics editor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i unzipped the file and double clck the signle file to open but it jus installs it again and dont open

duccio could you gve the link to download it again please

You can download it from here, or use the download.com link on the page.

http://www.facegen.com/demos.htm

But if it has been installed properly, there should be no reason to download it again. Where is the installation on your HD? Typically I think it could be C:\Program Files\FaceGen Modeller 3.2 Free. Have you tried to browse to the installation folder and click FaceGenDemo.exe to start the program (I don't recall it automatically creating a desktop shortcut)?

His face is alot fatter than james mays, but still a brilliant effort, and btw that shearer was FB!!

Yes the face does look fatter. The Modeller's PhotoFit function doesn't seem to work so well when the face its reading has a double chin. I guess my "free hand" editing wasn't good enough to compensate. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

could you please do me one based on James May, but i'd like his hair to be the more recent longer style.Thanks In Advance.

James May the Top Gear TV presenter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe. Good thing you didn't ask me to do The Stig - wihtout his helmet. Here is one based on James May, but TBH it looks the least like the real thing of all the requests I've done so far.

Will Hawthorne

Originally posted by LSD:

Mate would you do me a big favour and try and model Alan Shearer? Ta

I gave it a go and it came out quite OK.

Norman Cropley

For rijkaard, try this pic with slightly darker skin(you have creative licence over the hair not fussed what you use). Thanks in advance.

I don't know what picture you are talking about, but here is what I have done. I guess it does bear some resemblence to Rijkaard. A bit fat cheeks though...

Winston Blinker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You call that bearing some resmblance, i call it spot on. Thanks icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh,,oh, my last ever request, could you give him a line goatee like the updated obinna eze with slight stubble on the chin and slightly darker skin tone. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on? That's good then. icon_smile.gif

Winston Blinker darker and with a goatee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ha ha thats great, actually started looking forward to see what you name your creations. thanks icon_biggrin.gif

duccio - those faces are top quality, excellent stuff.

One thing though - if people want their own faces in the game, surely they can take a digital photo of themselves, crop it, resize it, save it and then use the picture?

I am not sure how it works so I could be wrong.

BTW - with all these requests you cannot be playing much FM at the moment - lol

Originally posted by vasilli07:

Hi duccio, can you make me michael scofield from prison break?icon_biggrin.gif Thanks.

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/49/69...9_20061021043525.jpg

http://mantra.deanjrobinson.com/scofield/Images/scofield_main.jpg

Tattooed tough guy genius on the run.

Trent Anscombe

duccio thanks for the advice, i've got it working now but one more question, how do you give them hair?

A question many times asked. This is where the graphics editor comes in. I've taken hairs from FM's \data\facegen\hair folder and pasted them on the faces in Paint Shop Pro.

Q.P.R manager.

Benvenuto Scampi

Would it be to rude to ask for a Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson icon_smile.gif

No. icon_smile.gif I also made a revised version of James May.

Will Hawthorne

Dick Morgan

Frank Oldman

ha ha thats great, actually started looking forward to see what you name your creations. thanks icon_biggrin.gif

I have tried to come up with fun and fitting names... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Mojby:

duccio - those faces are top quality, excellent stuff.

One thing though - if people want their own faces in the game, surely they can take a digital photo of themselves, crop it, resize it, save it and then use the picture?

I am not sure how it works so I could be wrong.

BTW - with all these requests you cannot be playing much FM at the moment - lol

Naturally I have FM running in the background while working with the faces. icon14.gif

Any picture can be put in the game. It is not necessary to resize as the game will do it automatically for human manager pics. Images can be attached in the wizard when adding a new manager, or in similar manner facepacks work.

Originally posted by Ryan.:

Wow theyre special icon_biggrin.gif Any chance you could explain how to make them to me over MSN?

Celtic_Ryan_FC@hotmail.co.uk icon_cool.gif

I'm afraid I don't have MSN installed on my computer. icon_razz.gif I did write something down earlier in this thread about what I've done with Paint Shop Pro. If its of any assistance.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/420106/...702069083#8702069083

Great work duccio.

Could you do one for me?

If so. Young guy. Strawberry-blonde hair. No facial hair. Glasses with clear rims (if possible?). With hair, can i have slight bits of actual blonde dotted around.

Thanks in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vasilli07:

Hi duccio, can you make me michael scofield from prison break?icon_biggrin.gif Thanks.

Trent Anscombe

duccio thanks for the advice, i've got it working now but one more question, how do you give them hair?

A question many times asked. This is where the graphics editor comes in. I've taken hairs from FM's \data\facegen\hair folder and pasted them on the faces in Paint Shop Pro.

duccio thanks for that but i cant find the data folder, were would i find it

Q.P.R manager.

Benvenuto Scampi

Would it be to rude to ask for a Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson icon_smile.gif

Will Hawthorne

Dick Morgan

Frank Oldman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by jack.browne:

Great work duccio.

Could you do one for me?

If so. Young guy. Strawberry-blonde hair. No facial hair. Glasses with clear rims (if possible?). With hair, can i have slight bits of actual blonde dotted around.

Thanks in advance.

Anything close to something like this?

Alfred Nugent

i had a go, dont know how to do hair so i gave him a hat, tell me wat you think

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/qpeter/?action=view&current=ronald.jpg

dont know if the link will work

How could anyone mistake that manic smile!

Looks alright. One point that could be made is that you have probably made that mug from a picture where Ronaldinho was smiling. It has actually worked very well and the modeller has included his carachteristic teeth in the end result. We are only using still images in FM, so its good - just don't open his mouth in the modeller and reveal a second set of teeth. icon_smile.gif Usually its good to use pictures where the person has his mouth shut, but as I said, here the open mouth has actually been a good thing as long as you want a smiling Ronaldinho.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qpeter:

i had a go, dont know how to do hair so i gave him a hat, tell me wat you think

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/qpeter/?action=view&current=ronald.jpg

dont know if the link will work

How could anyone mistake that manic smile!

Looks alright. One point that could be made is that you have probably made that mug from a picture where Ronaldinho was smiling. It has actually worked very well and the modeller has included his carachteristic teeth in the end result. We are only using still images in FM, so its good - just don't open his mouth in the modeller and reveal a second set of teeth. icon_smile.gif Usually its good to use pictures where the person has his mouth shut, but as I said, here the open mouth has actually been a good thing as long as you want a smiling Ronaldinho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the advice, i dont understand the way you get the hair, i looked in the fm fle but cant find the data folder

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack.browne:

Great work duccio.

Could you do one for me?

Thanks in advance.

Alfred Nugent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you could give that one some dark hair, it strangley, yet amazingly looks like myself =]

thanks for the advice, i dont understand the way you get the hair, i looked in the fm fle but cant find the data folder

The data folder should be in the game's main directory (where fm.exe is located). The address for the hairs ought to be something like C:\Football Manager 08\data\facegen\hair - and there subfolders for different kinds of styles for different general ethnicities. Be carefull not to save on the hair pictures or otherwise mess with them.

Originally posted by M3ssiah:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack.browne:

Great work duccio.

Could you do one for me?

Thanks in advance.

Think you could give that one some dark hair, it strangley, yet amazingly looks like myself =] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance of your name being Fred Nugent? icon_wink.gif

Alfred Nugent dark hair

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vasilli07:

Trent Anscombe

Q.P.R manager.

Benvenuto Scampi

Will Hawthorne

Dick Morgan

Frank Oldman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, the jeremy clarkson one is probably the best

The data folder should be in the game's main directory (where fm.exe is located). The address for the hairs ought to be something like C:\Football Manager 08\data\facegen\hair - and there subfolders for different kinds of styles for different general ethnicities. Be carefull not to save on the hair pictures or otherwise mess with them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers duccio i found the folder and stuck hair on my models, thanks for the help mate

Originally posted by Mr NEC:

any chance for a dennis Bergkamp sort of face

Here is my take on it.

Ferry Andeweg

Originally posted by Haowan:

great work! icon_biggrin.gif

Could you please do one of David Beckham when he still looked liked this?

http://celebrity-pics.movieeye.com/celebrity_pictures/David_Beckham_982280.jpg

AND

http://www.photosbeckham.com/images/english/fotos/fotos...eckham_Autografo.jpg

Thanks alot

Not quite ready yet, but I'm working on it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M3ssiah:

Great work duccio.

Could you do one for me?

Thanks in advance.

Think you could give that one some dark hair, it strangley, yet amazingly looks like myself =] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance of your name being Fred Nugent? icon_wink.gif

Alfred Nugent dark hair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think his name is more likely to be Daniel Vettori icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by Aario:

Alfred Nugent dark hair

I think his name is more likely to be Daniel Vettori icon_eek.gif

Never heard of Daniel Vettori, a cricketer from New Zealand, before you mentioned him. But you are right indeed, very similar appearance! Even the glasses on the mugshot I made look very much like what Vettori has in many pictures. icon_eek.gif

duccio - Just looking through your work. Looks great icon14.gif

Was wondering if you could do one for me?

If so, could he have an egg shaped head with longish hair *commonly known as a bowl head* - quite young and hes clean shaven icon14.gif

Also, how long does it take you to make these and how do you make these? icon14.gif

Hia duccio, i dont understand how to implement one of these pictures into my current game, i would love to have one, however not good with computers and dont quite understand what to do, could you please please please put a step by step walkthrough on, you dont have to i will understand but it would be much apreciated

I am using version 8.0.2

Originally posted by Sweeney-G:

Hia duccio, i dont understand how to implement one of these pictures into my current game, i would love to have one, however not good with computers and dont quite understand what to do, could you please please please put a step by step walkthrough on, you dont have to i will understand but it would be much apreciated

I am using version 8.0.2

The most simple way to attache an image to a manager profile is to use the manager wizard. But it can only be done when adding a new manager. However, it is also possible to attache an image right in the middle of the game aswell. I touched this subject on the first page of this thread, but I guess it doesnt hurt if I go over it again. icon_smile.gif

1. Basically it works the same way as ordinary facepacks. You will need a config.xml file. If you have any facepacks, take one config.xml from there and edit accordingly. Or use the one below. Copy paste the code to a text editor and save as config.xml.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="filename" to="graphics/pictures/person/idnumber/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

</pre>

Replace filename with the name of the manager picture without its extention (.png) and idnumber with the id of the person you want to attach the picture to. You can find the id by clicking preferences -> display & sound -> show unique ids -> confirm and then browsing to the person's profile.

2. Place the manager picture and the config.xml to for example:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\Graphics\Managers

Create the graphics and managers folders as needed.

3. To make the picture appear in the game, click preferences -> display & sound and untick use skincache and select always reload skin on confirm -> confirm. The picture should now be visible in the game. Skin and cache settings can be changed back if you want.

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

If so, could he have an egg shaped head with longish hair *commonly known as a bowl head* - quite young and hes clean shaven icon14.gif

Also, how long does it take you to make these and how do you make these? icon14.gif

Bowl head? Have you noticed any generated personnel in the game having this sort of hair (I've mostly used hairs from the game)? There are one or two that are maybe something to this direction - quite similar to Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone's timeless style. icon_razz.gif

To create them faces, I've used Singular Inversion's FaceGen Modeller and a graphics editor. Not awfully difficult at all, except sometimes when trying to make a face that should look like someone real. Could take 20 minutes or much much longer.

Originally posted by gaz da man 2004:

any chance of Homer Simpson?

Lol. Are you serious?

The Beckham look-alike looks great! icon_biggrin.gif

Not meaning to be a pain, but could you change it so that it has no beard/mustache/rubble (whatever you call it) and with a little swoop going somewhere near his eye?

something like this, except that could you please make the front part (on his right) longer (somewhere about just above the eye)

http://acemilan.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/beckham.jpg

A million thanks,

Haowan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duccio:Alfred Nugent dark hair

I think his name is more likely to be Daniel Vettori icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never heard of Daniel Vettori, a cricketer from New Zealand, before you mentioned him. But you are right indeed, very similar appearance! Even the glasses on the mugshot I made look very much like what Vettori has in many pictures. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if I had you a-googling to find out what I was on about! Although seeing as Vettori has just captained NZ to a comprehensive win over England icon_mad.gif I guess you would not have to have searched for long. It is definitely the glasses that do it.

KUTGW icon14.gif

Duccio, they look great!

Could you do one for me please?

Could you do me a young male with glasses, dark, brown, messy hair, clean shaven and a slim face please duccio?

Thanks

P.S how do you upload them into the game?

Just to let everyone know that I am working on the recent requests.

Never heard of Daniel Vettori, a cricketer from New Zealand, before you mentioned him. But you are right indeed, very similar appearance! Even the glasses on the mugshot I made look very much like what Vettori has in many pictures. icon_eek.gif

Sorry if I had you a-googling to find out what I was on about! Although seeing as Vettori has just captained NZ to a comprehensive win over England icon_mad.gif I guess you would not have to have searched for long. It is definitely the glasses that do it.

KUTGW icon14.gif

Cricket is one of the sports I don't really follow at all. Isn't cricket where the term "hat-trick" originates from? After accomplishing three whatisit, a player would be given a hat?

Originally posted by mattant250:

I explained just a few posts previous. So look icon14.gif .

Cricket is one of the sports I don't really follow at all. Isn't cricket where the term "hat-trick" originates from? After accomplishing three whatisit, a player would be given a hat?

ah right - um - no idea about which sport first used hat-trick.....

it is as you say used in cricket if a bowler takes 3 wickets in 3 balls so there is a connection with 3 goals....

as i say no idea which came first (anyone else??)...

i have heard that in football the hat-trick meant that the crowd would pass a hat around the ground and collect a few coins for any player scoring a hat-trick - not sure if i believe this though....

also in some countries i believe a football hat-trick (even now) is only considered to have occurred if it is what us brits call a perfect hat-trick (i.e. right foot, left foot and head - in any order!!)

anyway - enough about cricket and old footy folk law - back to the faces - still exellent work mate icon14.gif

ah right - um - no idea about which sport first used hat-trick.....

it is as you say used in cricket if a bowler takes 3 wickets in 3 balls so there is a connection with 3 goals....

as i say no idea which came first (anyone else??)...

i have heard that in football the hat-trick meant that the crowd would pass a hat around the ground and collect a few coins for any player scoring a hat-trick - not sure if i believe this though....

also in some countries i believe a football hat-trick (even now) is only considered to have occurred if it is what us brits call a perfect hat-trick (i.e. right foot, left foot and head - in any order!!)

anyway - enough about cricket and old footy folk law - back to the faces - still exellent work mate icon14.gif

Also in ice hockey many consider it to be a hat-trick only when the 3 goals have been scored successively. If we are to believe, and why wouldn't we, the Oxford English Dictionary, the term hat-trick means and has it's origins in:

hat-trick

• noun three successes of the same kind, especially (in soccer) a player scoring three goals in a game or (in cricket) a bowler taking three wickets with successive balls.

— ORIGIN referring originally to the club presentation of a new hat to a bowler taking a hat-trick.

I think I read something about it (probably in a football related material) a long time ago. icon_smile.gif

And back to the faces.

Originally posted by PoopyPants:

After I had made this I thought maybe you meant something quite different. The cranium or hair actually being like the narrowing end of an egg? Tell me what you think.

Warren Spooner

Originally posted by gaz da man 2004:

any chance of Homer Simpson?

D'oh! I don't expect anyone to come forward, but the face is realistic enough for someone somewhere to look a little bit like it. If he lives in Springfield anyway.

Simon Preud'homme

Originally posted by Haowan:

sorry for double post but regarding my above post, the front part could look somewhat like this:

http://www.hairfinder.com/articles2005/loreal2005pictures/toniguymen.jpg

Thanks again

Replaced the whole hair. Hope its OK.

Averill Bartholomew different hair no mustache

Originally posted by mattant250:

Duccio, they look great!

Could you do one for me please?

Could you do me a young male with glasses, dark, brown, messy hair, clean shaven and a slim face please duccio?

Thanks

I began to make the sort of face you requested and then ended up with the one below.

Cristovão Ederson Parreira Schmidt

Archived