rancer890's FM11 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

I'm finding it very hard atm, losing every game by 3-4 goals. Hope you'll have more luck! :-)

Ouch, sounds nasty. I haven't had much time to play yet but we definitely haven't been struggling like that - we have one win, one draw and one loss from our three games so far. The draw was very lucky though as we had just 4 shots to their 14 and our second equaliser came in the 87th minute from a 25 yarder off the crossbar.

In 6th place out of 12. Hoping I can keep this form up! :)

How have you been managing with transfers? I've brought in heaps of Malaysian players but nobody outside the country even wants to look at us. I haven't managed to sign a single foreigner yet but the Malaysian guys are coming steadily in. I have a link with a Super League team and have brought in a player on loan so I'm hoping I'll continue to obtain players from them until we get promoted.

I'm quite surprised with MK Land too - we have a massive 20K stadium and we get crowds of over 3K which is very impressive. Our reputation musn't be too bad!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How have you been managing with transfers? I've brought in heaps of Malaysian players but nobody outside the country even wants to look at us. I haven't managed to sign a single foreigner yet but the Malaysian guys are coming steadily in. I have a link with a Super League team and have brought in a player on loan so I'm hoping I'll continue to obtain players from them until we get promoted.

Signed 21 players so far, including Bhutan international M C (my best scorer atm, with 3 goals...) and players from Singapore and Laos; doing much better now, sitting in 10th place, 3 points over the relegation zone, with 5 wins and 8 loses, 9 matches to go.

Nice. I selected 'load all international players from Asia' but it didn't seem to have worked for the lower nations, Bhutan don't have any active players nor do many other small Asian countries. So I have just been relying on local Malay talent.

Good to hear that you are out of the relegation zone. I currently have seven matches to play in the season and despite a horrible fall which saw us bottom of the table not too long ago I have switched tactics and we've experienced a lot more joy since then. Currently sitting in 7th having just upset recently relegated Pahang 4-2 away from home (and they thrashed us 5-1 when we were at home earlier in the season).

Loving the team now.

Johor SAJ season 2011 review

League

Had a disastrous start, losing 7 out of 8 first games, then got 4 wins in a row. Saved on the very last day of the season - after 21 games we were 10th, point ahead of Sime Darby; lost our game to league winners Terengganu 1:3, but late goal for USM meant they beat Sime Darby, saving our league status for next season. That was really close.

Cups

Got Sabah from Super League in the FA Cup first round. 0:4 was the aggregate score. Didn't take part in the Malaysia Cup.

Transfers

Signed everyone who could run straight and see the ball - 26 players in total, two of them on loan from Kuala Lumpur.

League table

Positions graph

Fixtures

Best players:

Rosli Tahir - best AvR. Solid and strong centre back.

Phayvanh Luang-uath - pacey Laotan left winger, 7 asissts.

Syamim Heikle Bakry - best scorer with 5 goals.

Goals for next season: more dead wood cutting and rebuilding the team, top half position.

Season | League  | Pos  | FA Cup  | Malaysia Cup | Continental | Other
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2011 | Premier | 10th | 1st Rnd | -            | -           | -

Nice. I selected 'load all international players from Asia' but it didn't seem to have worked for the lower nations,

I selected 'all players from top division teams in Asia' and it gave me nice selection of players, with most national teams having full squads of real players.

Congratulations on survival, pl-fikander. Certainly a decent effort considering your start to the season! I wish I had've loaded all players from top division teams, that would've really helped out.. but I don't want to restart now. Guess I'll just have to face up to it and stick with my Malaysian players.

I'll try and finish the season today and post up my report in a few hours. Hopefully we can stay out of the relegation zone but I'm fairly confident of a mid-table finish.

Actually, I'm now extremely tempted to start a new game. I'm only halfway through my first season, I haven't loaded enough players and I only just downloaded the patch then so I think I might end up restarting this season just so I do it properly.

I have the intention of turning this into a long-term save so I may as well make sure everything is perfect, I suppose. I'm only 15 games in and not doing brilliantly and I do want the data changes and transfer fixes from the patch to work so looks like I will be restarting.

I am going to play with MK Land again. Sucks I have to restart and miss out on all my signings but hopefully I can end up bringing in new players.

:(

The N-league in Korea is jolly good fun although tough on the squads. Basically they cram 14 games into about 2 months twice a season, and the rest of the 8 months of the year you seem to be sat on your hands doing nothing. Its also good fun to try and get promoted as you can technically guarantee a promotion spot if you are top of the league after 14 games.

Why oh why did I start a new game. At least my old MK Land looked safe from relegation... :(

Nine games in and we are yet to register a victory. We have one point on the board. We were about one minute away from securing our second point with a tough 1-1 away draw.. until PKDBT score a header in the 93rd minute from about 10 yards, beating our useless goalkeeper.

Safety has never looked so far away. We are utterly useless.

MK Land

2011: MALAYSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE

Malaysian Premier League: 8th

Malaysian FA Cup: Wasn't entered

League Positions

Fixtures

Squad

Well, what a year that turned out to be. After getting off to one of the worst possible starts which saw us with one point from our first nine league games we somehow managed to turn it all around, finishing our season superbly to avoid relegation in what was a constant battle for the entire second-half of the season. After starting so dismally we were well entrenched inside the relegation zone and it wasn't until our 14th match that we left the bottom of the table. After 17 games with just five to play we managed to leapfrog out of the relegation zone but there were a number of teams constantly fighting and the scrap to avoid the last relegation spot became very tough. Fortunately, we hit a superb vein of form and picked up two huge victories - 3-0 away at Polis DRM and 3-0 away at Pos Malaysia - both teams were relegation candidates and it was crucial that we won these matches. It wasn't like we had an easy run home either - there was a distinguishable difference between the top 7 and the bottom 5 and we had just one game against a bottom 5 team in our last five fixtures. Despite that, we played superbly and ended up shocking league champions Selangor PKNS 2-1 away from home to avoid relegation. It was a huge turnaround and I was shocked that we ended up safe from relegation, but there was no way I could complain.

We ended up making 23 transfers over the season, which was to be expected after starting with a rubbish squad full of useless young regenerated Malaysians. We struggled early to find the right players though and my constant upgrading of the squad lead to a lack of team harmony and it was only in the second half when everyone finally clicked together. One of the highlights of the season was 19 year old defender Razid Gaffar, who was loaned in from Kuala Lumpur from the Super League. When the entire team was playing dismally in the first half of the season he was the one who constantly stood up and he rarely made a mistake. Late in the season we also signed arguably the most promising player in Agung Sandiono. Despite being 30 years old, the Indonesian striker looks a class beyond my other players and he showed he has what it takes by scoring three goals in the last five matches of the season against quality opposition.

Season      League                            Position      FA Cup      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011        Malaysian Premier League          8th             -         Avoided relegation

It seems that poor start and late form are some kind of Malaysian standard. Congrats on avoinding releagtion and KUTGW! Sandiono looks really class with most of physical attributes and finishing+composure over 10, far better than my strikers.

Haha yeah, thanks. I'm just glad that I managed to survive in the end - thank god for that late form. Hopefully this season we don't need to worry about the bad run at the start, perhaps my team will have jelled and we'll be ready to dominate. :)

I was quite surprised when my scouts turned up Sandiono, as well. I've actually found some very good players from Indonesia, and I am not regretting starting the new game now after all with all of my loaded players. Indonesia is definitely housing a few gems though, worth a scout for sure. Sandiono's wage is a fair bit but I am still only using around half my budget and I think it's worth it for a player of his calibre. I love the contract negotiations now though, always end up hassling the demanding player's wages down a bit from their initial requests. :p

Good luck with your second season!

Season 2017 Review - Hubei Kangtian in the Chinese Super League

Table

FA Cup

Pan-Pacific Ch'ship

Champions League Grp G | Finals

Not terribly keen on Shandong right now, what with ruining our chances in both the league and ACL! :( Still a very entertaining season, but one without silverware. The media is remarkably still unconvinced with us; predicted 10th despite winning every domestic competition last year. I guess that says a lot about the squad. And squad problems would prove to be the theme this year. It's just too thin for all these competitions - especially with all the oldies and their poor stamina - and I was once again reminded of how vulnerable we are to injuries/suspensions whenever Navia or Junjie had to sit games out. Tan Zhen, my intended DC backup, proved disastrous and earned himself the wrath of his teammates no less than twice after sending us out of both the ACL and Pan-Pacific Ch'ship with two horrendous mistakes.

Squad

Transfers

Ended up postponing that squad revamp for lack of good transfer targets and funds. As a result we're actually a bit weaker this year, but with that modest media prediction my old approach still works alright for grinding out results. At least Li Bo has been a welcome addition in midfield, even earning a cap in a friendly against New Zealand. I am on the other hand losing patience with Qing; we just can't afford to have our 2nd starting striker produce a mere 6 goals if we want to stand a chance in competitions like the ACL. Navia can't always carry the team. There are several good replacements to be signed from clubs doing much worse than us in the league, but the board adamantly refuses to provide the required cash to make any transfer happen.

Finances

The one area that's seen huge improvement. We're suddenly getting good money from friendles which coupled with appearance money from the ACL and slightly increased home attendances has landed us quite comfortably in the black. Fingers crossed that this trend continues.

Aim for next season: Improve the squad. Hopefully the much improved financial situation will mean bigger/workable budgets this time around. :thup:

Season   League                  Finish   FA Cup     Achievements
2011     Second Division South   1st      -          Playoff finalists, Promotion via league expansion
2012     First Division          6th      1st Rnd    -
2013     First Division          4th      1st Rnd    -
2014     First Division          1st      1st Rnd    -
2015     Super League            4th      1st Rnd    -
2016     Super League            1st      Winners    Super League, FA Cup, All Star Game winners
2017     Super League            2nd      Semis      -

Meanwhile..

MK Land

2012: MALAYSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE

Malaysian Premier League: 4th

Malaysian FA Cup: First Round

League Positions

Squad

This year seemed to be the opposite of last year, or the unofficial Malaysian tradition of start poorly and finish strongly. We came out blazing early in the league and it looked like we may have been genuine chances for promotion or a title shot after some of our early results, which saw some excellent results and indeed after the first six games we sat on top of the league. From there our form dropped a bit with a home loss to promotion contenders Sarawak and at times we struggled - but a couple more wins saw us in second place exactly halfway through the season, and looking like real shots at promotion to the Super League. Agung Sandiono was banging them in from anywhere and he had a very impressive ten goals from his first eleven league games and he was proving to be simply unstoppable.

From there, however, everything went wrong. We dropped out of the promotion zone and hovered around 4th for a while while the gap between us and the two leaders quickly increased. Finally the bottom of the table began to catch up and we went on a horror streak of seven matches where we failed to win a game, including four losses in a row. We also held the lead for three consecutive matches only to throw it away and drop more points and with the end of the season approaching we had fallen into 7th position and our form and morale was poor. Melianus Gobai, our Indonesian centre-back found himself transfer listed and left and Gabriel Dontoh, our Ghanaian striker with 2 goals from 14 appearances found himself leaving after I finally decided enough was enough halfway through a match following yet another missed shot and transfer listed him immediately. We brought in more international players to cover but they couldn't find much form either, with the exception of Ukrainian centre-back Igor Koryak who netted twice in his first two matches and generally dominated.

With two matches left we found ourselves in 7th but we were granted two easy games against last (12th) and the 10th placed teams and went on to finish a lucky 4th as the other teams all fell away at the same stage.

Season      League                            Position      FA Cup      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011        Malaysian Premier League          8th             -         Avoided relegation
2012        Malaysian Premier League          4th           1st Rnd   

:(

Have faith. It's not easy.

If you are going to try again in Malaysia try asking your board for more scouts and a wider scouting network. I have 6 scouts operating through the entire of Asia and we find some really good overseas players as a result.

Going to give this a go.....

Markhiya.jpg

Berty Bassett appointed as new Al-Markhiya manager. After a bad season in the Qatari Second League things can surely only improve. My big aim is to increase the leagues rep to show the world that Qatari football is on the up and getting the world cup wasn't just for the money. It is going to be A big ask because we are in the red and needed a cash injection of almost £700k last season to keep afloat.

Squad - Not good enough to compete for promotion, going to need a lot of work. Unfortunately I'm well over the wage budget and can't give away my worst players.

Mohammed Al-Aqeb

Mohammed Al-Kubasi

Ashraf Mohammed

Had an absolute disaster of a first season, this is going to be tougher than I thought. I'm going to let all players out of contract go and start from there. I'll have a summary later, won't be much of one bearing in mind we played 15 league games and 1 cup game. :D

The top team doesn't even get automatic promotion, goes to a play-off with the bottom team of the Stars League (their version of the Premier League).

Season 2018 Review - Hubei Kangtian in the Chinese Super League

League Table

FA Cup | Final

All Star Game

We had a pretty comfortable domestic season despite a worrying media prediction of 8th, maintaining a 6-12p gap down to the other teams for most of the year. Jiangsu gave us a bit of a scare at the end, threatening to steal the title if we'd lose our final game while they won theirs which given our late-season form wasn't such a far-fetched scenario, but our players showed some real character and rose to the occasion and got the result. With the FA Cup and All Star Game titles added to that, we've repeated our 2016 achievement of winning all the domestic competitions! :D:thup:

Asian Champions League Grp E | Finals | Final

A very encouraging group stage and proud to see off Al-Ittihad in the quarter-final, but frankly it was a bit of an anticlimax to face Chinese teams in both the semi and final. That being said Jiangsu is actually a really good team - we played 2-1 and 0-4 against them in the league - so I knew it wasn't going to be easy just because we were familiar. The final turned out to be ridiculously evenly matched with very few chances and lots of midfield battling, but as so often this season, new-boy Feng zigzagged through the Jiangsu defense and slotted home a late winner in the 83rd minute! Jiangsu's Wang Yang had a strong header hit the bar after that, but we managed to hold firm and with that, win the ACL! :D

Club World Ch'ship | Final

So close to completing the club part of the challenge! ;___; I really thought we were done for when we got At. Madrid in the semis, but I guess miracles do happen, because we gave them more than a good challenge! And it was well-deserved too, given we had two more shots hit the woodwork! The Corinthians game set the stage for another upset, but with three first-half injuries all to key players the team was crippled and my hands were tied. Ultimately we had no right to win that final, but when you've held on for dear life for 92 minutes under disadvantageous conditions, a stoppage time free kick followed by an extra-time setback is just a kick in the teeth two times over no matter how you look at it. The obscene runner-up money should at least help us make another push next year, but it's a small consolation right now. Feng ought to at least be over the moon with this bit of recognition for his efforts.

Squad

Transfers

Brought in Jin Jiayang and Dusan Sokolov to shore up the defence, though this still proved a bit tricky due to Sokolov's foreigner status bringing us up to four foreigners - one more than we're allowed to start with. He's also proven to be quite mentally weak and "unnecessarily" sporting, meaning he's none too impressed with my media interaction shenanigans. It's a shame but these things combined likely mean I'll sell him on. Li Gang has been a welcome squad player as well now that I've given up on Qing, but let's not stall any longer: the real star this year was Yang Feng, working excellently well together with Navia and securing the Golden Boot in his debut season. Some better wingers and younger CMs now and this squad will be rock solid!

Finances

After a season like this? As healthy as ever. The board still took out a loan to buy out the stadium, but I guess that's easily repaid.

Aim for next season: Win the league again to get another shot at the CWC.

2011     Second Division South   1st      -          Playoff finalists, Promotion via league expansion
2016     Super League            1st      Winners    Super League, FA Cup, All Star Game winners
2018     Super League            1st      Winners    Super League, FA Cup, All Star Game, ACL winners

Brettneys Trip to Indonesia; - Season 5 - 2015/16.

Indonesian Super League!

Finances - Transfers - Confidence.

The media predicted us to finish 11th, but once again we won the Super League 11 points clear. We didn't quite fare so well in the ACL finishing bottom of our group. Our only win came against Jeonbuk (South Korea) at Home where we beat them 2-1.

We did however also manage to add the Indonesian Cup to our Trophy cabinet.

Squad Stats.

Top Players;

Pablo Araya - Record Top Scorer and Man of Match awards!

Pablo Sandoval - Most Assists

Carlos Lopez - 2nd Top Scorer.

Season     Division       Position    Indonesian Cup   Continental      Achievements
2011/12  First Division  1st Group D      4th Rd,         N/A            Promoted!
2012/13   Premier Div.   4th Phase 1.     1st Rd,         N/A            ----------
2013/14   Premier Div.   4th Overall.     2nd Rd,         N/A            Promoted!
2014/15   Super League   Champions!!      3rd rd,         N/A            Champions!!
2015/16   Super League   Champions!       Winners      3rd Group H       Champions!

• 2 weeks later...
What are the international rules like in Indonesia? Getting a bit fed up with this 3 international players per match business in Malaysia... :p

It's 3 foreigners at the lower league level and I think you can have up to 5 foreigners, and 3 in the starting XI in the Super League (or basically the same rule restrictions as clubs participating in the ACL)

Aden Kenny is appointed new manager of Lazer in the Maldivian Medhu League. After a shocking season I am aiming for promotion.

Good luck in the Maldives mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2019 Review - Hubei Kangtian in the Chinese Super League

League Table

FA Cup | Final

Retained the league in our most successful season to date, meaning we get another go at the CWC. :thup: Given that that's the one part of the club part of this challenge that I have left, that was the main goal this season. :)

Pan-Pacific Ch'ship | Final

Asian Champions League Grp G | Finals | Final

A fantastic continental campaign as well; thrashing Al-Hilal like that in the ACL final was far from what I had expected. Li Gang has just been unstoppable in these games, enough so to get named the ACL Top Goalscorer.

Squad

Transfers

Decided to spend big from last season's prize money to strengthen the squad - previous key players like Zhang Jianhua, Yao Yongzhi, and Li Fei are fast declining - and most of the new boys delivered right away. Duda was pretty much the only dud, but with Feng shifted out to the wing to make room for Li Gang in the middle and with Leng Lijun making penetrating runs from midfield, that was easily compensated for. Also decided to keep Sokolov around as he stopped complaining about my media handling, and I'm glad I did - he's been a rock in defense and plenty threatening on offensive set pieces.

Aim for next season: First I have the CWC to deal with, starting against Egyptian side Al-Ahly. Wish me luck. :)

2018     Super League            1st      Winners    Super League, FA Cup, All Star Game, ACL winners
2019     Super League            1st      Winners    Super League, FA Cup, ACL winners

• 1 month later...

In case some of you are having trouble trying to find the FM11 thread of my challenge, and wondering whether your eyes were playing tricks on you, it's here and bumped for you. :p

Cheers rinso for the bump hehe. Would be nice to get some activity again...

Heh, this still here? I've not played FM much for a few months. Was going to take a look at my Persiter game, and maybe get it going again, but it turns out that I've deleted the most recent save by accident :o The only version I've got is from the day I took over, bizarrely.

Not sure if I can be bothered to go through the leagues in Indonesia again, and I'm not sure if it would be right for me to manage in a different Asian league!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm horrible at updating my progress, I'll throw in a summary of my glory days(lol) in Hong Kong soon, I'm starting a new game in South Korea and it'll be interesting to see how things go there.

I've noticed some few annoying things in FM11 compared to when I last went far into a game in asia (fm08)

1. My avarage attendance was horrible throughout, only times when it was good was due to continental competition, might be due to the area I was in not having high population, which financially was hard.

2. Noone has interest in buying my players, I might even have a good player and teams would not be interested, compared to fm08 when I earned alot of money selling brazilians I had bought for a good price.

3. It's quite hard appearantly to increase the league reputation, the league always went between 70 and 85, one season it goes up, the next it goes down the same amount, in total the league went up something like 2 or 3 spots in those 20+ seasons.

Rancer, You might want to do some investigating as to which countries can actually make it to the ACL. I've just been doing some research for the latest leg of the CSE Tour, and (at least in real life) it is currently impossible for Malaysia to get a team into the Champions League. I haven't yet managed to find out how it's handled in the game, but IRL the finalists of the AFC Cup qualify for the prelims of the following year's ACL. Even with this setup the AFC have pretty strict qualification requirements which means even if a Malay team won the AFC Cup they still wouldn't make the following year's ACL.

• 4 months later...

Brettneys Trip to Indonesia; - Season 6 - 2016/17.

So i finished this season 7 months ago just before i stopped playing FM11 and since i'm back and have even played alittle of this save i thought i'd throw these screenshots in (that i'd done 7 months ago) just incase.

Super League

Confidence - Finances - Transfers

Indonesian Cup - http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/FM2011/YahukimoFC-SuperCup.jpg

Squad Stats.

Tri Prasnanto - Juanda - Pribadi

Season     Division       Position    Indonesian Cup   Continental      Achievements
2011/12  First Division  1st Group D      4th Rd,         N/A            Promoted!
2012/13   Premier Div.   4th Phase 1.     1st Rd,         N/A            ----------
2013/14   Premier Div.   4th Overall.     2nd Rd,         N/A            Promoted!
2014/15   Super League   Champions!!      3rd rd,         N/A            Champions!!
2015/16   Super League   Champions!       Winners      3rd Group H       Champions!
2016/17   Super League   Champions!       Winners      Won SEC      Won Sth East Asian Cup

• 4 weeks later...

Brettneys Trip to Indonesia; - Season 7 - 2017/18.

Super League - Indonesian Cup - Super League - Champions League

Transfers

Key Players;

Latief - Pribadi - Parraguez

2016/17   Super League   Champions!       Winners      Won SEC      Won Sth East Asian Cup
2017/18   Super League   Champions!       4th Rd.      3rd Group F       Champions!!

Archived