rancer890's FM11 Small Club to Big Club Asian Challenge

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2014/15 Finals Series Review

(and ACL games inbetween)

Sydney FC 2 - 3 Newcastle Jets (Major Semi Final Leg 1)

Suwon Bluewings 2 - 0 Newcastle Jets (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 4 - 0 Sydney FC (Major Semi Final Leg 2)

Newcastle Jets 3 - 0 Higashiosaka Rosa (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 5 - 2 Melbourne Victory (Grand Final)

I've won the toilet seat for the 3rd time!

HAL%20Trophy-SML.JPG

The A-League Trophy

You have one copy in total or one each?

One each. He's about to get sacked from Liverpool so I'll see if i can get him to do this challenge after. :D

Seeing William Hall doing so well in Australia is making me want to come back to this challenge already!

Thanks STR - do you have any tips for me? :p

Yeah, start again in an easier country :D I did have a centre back who was worth around £8-10 million who was good enough to be my first choice striker aswell!

edit: Back already! This time in Australia with Newcastle Jets who finished last season in 11th place with just 14 points. Here's my profile. Would have liked to be someone different though as William Hall is already playing as Newcastle Jets..

aqefs.jpg

~Sham Shui Po ~ Hong Kong First Division ~ Season 4 2025/26~

~League~

An up and down season, unfortunetly big part of it was down due to our players lacking fitness to go through the league and the whole ACC campaign, in the later part of the season we just managed to scratch enough to stay alive in the league, 7th place was to be ours this season, alot worse than the previous season, thanks to the ACC.

League Table

Fixture List

Fixture List2

~Cups~

We got stopped by Happy Valley in the Quarter-final of the Senior shield.

The League cup saw our normal selfs not getting out of our group.

As with the previous two domestic cups we had no luck in the FA cup going out in the first round to Biu Chun.

Thanks to our victory in the ACC we had a spot in the ACL preliminaries where we met Arema, which those who have experience in Indonesia might recognise, we were not good enough to take them out losing 1:2.

In the later part of the season it was back to ACC which did it's great thing of messing up the players fitness, we did well in the group stage as we usually do and qualified with ease, next stop was the 2nd round where we met Mohun Bagan of India and they tore through us like we were a crap team in Hong Kong who wasn't even in the top flight, we couldn't resist and they beat us 4:0 which ended our ACC run for this year.

~Transfers~

Big money transfers both in and out with Carlos heading back to Brazil for a record fee.

Transfers

~Awards and Other~

Hong Kong First Division Team of the Year: Tony, Camilo Rodas, Leung Chi Ming

First Division Top goalscorer: 2nd Camilo Rodas

Fan's Player of the year: Leung Chi Ming

Sham Shui Po best XI

[b]Season    Position    Senior Shield    League Cup    FA Cup      Continental[/b]
2022/23        6th     Quarter-final    Group C    Quarter-final         -
2023/24        5th     1st round        Group C    Quarter-final         -
2024/25        4th     Champion     Quarter-final  Quarter-final     ACC Champion
2025/26        7th     Quarter-final    Group C      1st Round       ACC 2nd round

Season 2013 Review - Hubei Kangtian in the Chinese National First Division

Table

FA Cup

Improving very nicely. Perhaps not so much in league position, but we're a different team on the pitch and it shows on the GD. Still rubbish in the cup, though. :p

Finances

I really hate the league position bonus... The lowest I can set it to is 2.5M RMB and we're lucky to have 500K in the bank. Time for another loan, Mr. Chairman?

Squad

Transfers

Picked up two Argentinians in Porcel and Acevedo, and they've been ace. I had high hopes for Chen as well with that pace of his, but he's been hopeless in front of goal and quite injury prone. Still looking for that 20 goals a season striker, and preferably a new keeper as well.

Aim for next season: Promotion. Honestly we probably just need a bit of luck.

Season   League                  Finish   FA Cup     Achievements
2011     Second Division South   1st      -          Playoff finalists, Promotion via league expansion
2012     First Division          6th      1st Rnd    -
2013     First Division          4th      1st Rnd    -

2015/16 Finals Series Review

and the ACL games in between

Brisbane Roar 1 - 2 Newcastle Jets (Major Semi Final Leg 1)

Newcastle Jets 4 - 2 Gyeongnam (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 0 - 0 Brisbane Roar (Major Semi Final Leg 2)

Nanchang 0 - 1 Newcastle Jets (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 0 Sydney FC (Grand Final)

And Newcastle Jets have earned their 5th toilet seat and their fourth under my management.

2016/17 Finals Series Review

(aswell as the Asian Champions League games in-between.

Perth Glory 4 - 4 Newcastle Jets (Major Semi Final Leg 1)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 1 Giurare Yokohama (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 0 Perth Glory (Major Semi Final Leg 2)

Chunnam Dragons 1 - 1 Newcastle Jets (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 0 Perth Glory (Grand Final)

And I've won my 5th toilet seat.

STR: Welcome back! Good luck with Newcastle Jets. And I hope VVV keeps losing with Liverpool, because he needs to start his Asian career ASAP and I'm an Everton supporter. :p

Sazchu: just avoided relegation by a nose lol. What's the key in being successful in this challenge with a HK club? (since you did pretty well in FM08)

Scab: you're improving mate. Find that 20 goal scorer and you'll be in the Super League for sure! :thup: Are the bonuses the only thing preventing you from making a profit?

William Hall: you're flying by the seasons mate! Hope you can get that ACL title soon! How's the Socceroos national team doing in your game?

JEinchy: welcome to the challenge and good luck with Sham Shui Po! Tbh, I don't know much about them...have fun! :)

Scab: you're improving mate. Find that 20 goal scorer and you'll be in the Super League for sure! :thup: Are the bonuses the only thing preventing you from making a profit?

Pretty much. We lose a small sum of money monthly but can easily make up for that with a profit with a few away friendlies in pre-season. That bonus is killer though; no way I can recoup 2M. I suspect this will go away once the attendance numbers increase - just a few hundred watch our games atm vs. a couple of thousand for the established First League teams.

The Socceroos were terrible in Asian Cup, failing to qualify from the group. Unfortunately Schwarzer stayed in a job and he has been terrible in friendlies (except against the very best oddly enough) Australia comfortably qualified for the World Cup. Heres hoping he gets sacked at the World Cup so I can lead Australia to a home World Cup.

2017/18 Asian Champions League Review

Newcastle Jets 3 - 1 Al Hilal (KSA) (Quarter Final Leg 1)

Al Hilal (KSA) 1 - 0 Newcastle Jets (Quarter Final Leg 2)

Newcastle Jets 0 - 1 Chunnam Dragons (Semi Final Leg 1)

Chunnam Dragons 1 - 3 Newcastle Jets (Semi Final Leg 2)

2mnk903.jpg

Al Ahli (KSA) 1 - 0 Newcastle Jets (Final) (neutral venue, Utama (Indonesia)

So close yet so far. What a shame

League Table so far

Sazchu: just avoided relegation by a nose lol. What's the key in being successful in this challenge with a HK club? (since you did pretty well in FM08)

If only I knew, took me ofcourse 30+ seasons with Kwok Keung and 45+ seasons in total in fm08 to win the ACL, I feel like it's harder this time around, not sure why though, might be due to the new contract negotiation system maby, since in fm08 and anything before fm11 you could atleast offer players a contract, even if they had no interest to come they would atleast look at the contract and you could possibly get them, now there is no chance to get many players, as they do not even allow you to offer them any contract.

Might also be due to how the goals are being scored or something, not quite sure but maby one of these days i'll find out, until then i'll keep on trying to complete the challenge in HK.

Well I've had a pretty decent start. Played three, lost two and won one. Lost away to Tai Po 4-3 and home to Citizen 3-1, but beat Tai Chung 2-1 at home. I've got TSW Pegasus next away from home and I have a feeling I'm going to lose pretty badly.

Its difficult since all I've got are fake and rather average players whilst everyone else has real players that just look so much better.

Also, there seems to be an unnatural amount of Brazillian players in this league.

Persiter Ternate - 2016/17 Review

Indonesian Super League: 1st (Media prediction 15th)

Indonesian Cup: Winners

A brilliant season, as we do the league and cup double! We started well, unbeaten in the first 9 games of the season, before a defeat at leaders Sriwijaya. From then, we were 2nd for most of the season, as Sriwijaya continued unbeaten for the first half of the season. However, we went top soon after a 3-1 at home to them, and once we went top with 8 games to go, we stayed there, sealing the title with 1 game to spare. A surprising finish for a team expected to finish in relegation!

Before this season, we hadn't gone past the 2nd round, partly due to playing poorly, and partly due to resting players for the league. However, this season I targeted the cup, and played my first XI for the first 2 rounds. Then I realised we were in with a chance of the league title, so went back to playing mainly backup players. This didn't stop us though, as we cruised through to the final, and then beat PSIS 4-0 to complete the double.

Finances

Our successful league and cup campaign have boosted our financial situation nicely.

Best Eleven

Rico Agustiono was once again our key player, scoring 23 goals, including 9 in his first 9 games. He's also the club captain now, at 21, and has played twice for Indonesia.

The young Chilean (1 of 3 now at the club) Boris Toro was signed on a free at the start of the season to add some quality in central midfield, and he had a great season as well.

Cuca had his best season for the club, scoring 15 goals and providing 10 more.

Taufik Kambuaya joined on a free, and became our first choice left midfielder and main creator, with 16 assists, as well as 8 goals.

5 of my players were called up to the most recent Indonesia squad: 4th choice 19 year old striker Harahap, who scored 9 goals in the cup, Kambuaya, Cuca, reserve left winger Setiadi and defender Nugraha (Agustiono was injured). The first 4 all played twice. Hopefully they can all become regulars for Indonesia for many years.

Targets for next season: Difficult one! Probably to retain the title, which should be possible with the team I've got. I've not yet found anyone to improve my first XI, as I've now got 5 foreigners (3 Chileans, 1 Ecuadorian and 1 Guinean), so can only sign Indonesian players. My team is young, so should get better and better. Ideally, we would get through the group stage of the Champions League, though I don't think that's been managed by an Indonesian team yet.

The Super League is still ranked 28th in Asia. That should start going up in the next couple of seasons.

Season	Division		MP	Finish	Cup	Asia	Honours
2011/12	First Division		4th	6th	R1	n/a
2012/13	First Division		4th	1st	R1	n/a	First Division Champions
2013/14	Premier Division	11th	10th	R1	n/a
2014/15	Premier Division	11th	1st	R2	n/a	Premier Division Champions	
2015/16	Super League		18th	5th	R1	n/a
2016/17	Super League		15th	1st	W	n/a	Super League Champions, Cup winners	

Also, there seems to be an unnatural amount of Brazillian players in this league.

Yea, I feel that due to the numbers of foreign players in the league it makes it even harder, especially as you are starting, though I did manage to get some South American players on trial and sign in my first season with all the teams, that still wasn't enough due to the fact that it was pretty much impossible for me to get top tier players with HK citizenship, and right now South China continue to secure good players and more and more of their players are getting citzenship which makes it a little bit harder.

Every single one of my players bar one are from Hong Kong. My only foreign import is some centre back from Bostwana.

South China are pretty much the juggernauts of this league. Have you seen the amount of league titles they've won? Its going to be difficult to overrule them, that's for sure.

But that's a long way away at the moment. We're 9th without a win in 5. Amazingly we've scored 13 goals, the second highest in the league, but have conceded 18 which is the most. I seem to be conceding a lot of goals from corners and from my defenders getting robbed by the opposition strikers. My heart skips a beat every time there's a shot on target against us because my defence and keeper are just so average.

yea, both in fm08 and now in fm11 South China were the top all the way through, only time they stopped winning the league again and again in fm08 was when i started winning it again and again, but they always challenged for top3, so far in fm11 there has been only 6 times they have not won the title, only once in those 6 times being out of top3, it's pretty much like in real life, them being a dominant force always.

South China have some good foreigners like Tales and Carrijo. Basically Sazchu sums everything up in that last post.

Scab: when I was with Rizhiquan in FM08 our attendance was never that high. Maybe before I stopped playing we had around 12-14,000 fans in attendance in 2030. Which was still a lot less than the Beijing who had attendances of 30k+

William Hall: next season mate! Next season you can do it!

JEinchy: won more games than me in HK already lol. Hope you can have a decent first season. :thup:

JSalter: congratz on the double! Not sure what to think of when you have a player with a finishing of 6 on the Indonesian team...all you need in Indonesia is some pace and other physical attributes and you can score goals...

Newcastle Jets

2011-2012

Hyundai A-League: 1st. (Predicted 11th)

Finals Series: Winners.

Season Review: I'm gonna keep it breif as I want to get started on another season! Basically started off well, finished well. We beat North Queensland Fury 5-1 in the first game of the season and then we never looked back. We held the top spot after 6 games then never let go of it. This quality form wouldn't have came without the signings of star strikers Dario Vidosic (VVV told me to get him :D) and Fabio Borini who scored 29 between them. After beating rivals Sydney FC 6-2 on aggregrate in the finals series semi-final we beat Melbourne Heart 4-3 in the final in what was one of my most exciting games ever, just look at the goal times.

Finances: Pretty poor at the moment, will be expecting it to improve a little as we play champions league football next season.

Awards:

Manager of the Year

Player of the Year - Dario Vidosic

Young Player of the Year - Mathew Leckie

Sham Sui Po - Season 2011/2012

First Division

Final League Table

Mission accomplished. We apparently baffled critics and pundits alike with our final league position. I actually think we should have finished higher in the table but we faced a tricky period of games, including going away to Citizen and South China. Thankfully though Happy Valley could not capitalise on our rather poor form.

We avoided relegation in round seventeen of the league, with a home win over Tuen Mun. The result ultimately did not matter though as Happy Valley played away to South China at the exact same time and were soudnly beaten.

I have to say that relegation scrap are not at all fun to be in but we've overcome that hurdle this season and now we can hopefully build from here.

Senior Shield

Went out in the first round of this competition, losing 3-2 at home to Citizen. I didn't mind too much and actually appreciated the month and a half break somewhat.

League Cup

Drawn in a group with Tuen Mun and Tai Po, we weren't at all expected to qualify. We lost to Tai Po but beat Tuen Mun, finishing second in the group. Again, I wasn't bothered but it was nice not to come last at least.

FA Cup

I actually made some progress in this competition. We defeated Tai Po in the first round and with a lot of big teams already eliminated I allowed myself to believe we might have a shot at winning it. That belief was ruthlessly crushed in the next round though as we lost 5-0 to Kitchee. Probably my worst defeat this season.

Players

Top Goalscorer: Fong Pak Lun - 8

Most Assists: To Kwok Leung - 9

Best Player: To Kwok Leung - 6.92 (20 apps)

What Next?

Next season I'll be aiming to avoid relegation again but hopefully improve on our league position. A 6th place finish seems reasonable. In order to do so I'm going to have to improve the squad a lot, especially at the back. Scoring goals doesn't look like it'll be much of a problem but we're simply conceding too many.

Season		First Division   Senior Shiled   League Cup      FA Cup             Continental

2011/2012             7th          1st Round        Group      Quarter Final            ---

aqefs.jpg

~Sham Shui Po ~ Hong Kong First Division ~ Season 5 2026/27~

~League~

Our best season yet, probably in some way thanks to us not taking part in any continental competition that would mess up our players fitness, the season was good all the way through with mostly wins, which meant second place in the league, far behind the ever dominating South China who got yet another title, hopefully we can replicate this result next season despite us being in a continental competition.

League Table

Fixture List

~Cups~

We went out in the first round this time around in the Senior Shield going down to TSW Pegasus.

As per usual we didn't manage to qualify from the League cup, getting 2nd in our group.

We fought hard to reach the semi-final of the FA Cup where we met South China to go in the competition before reaching the final.

~Transfers~

A very quiet season saw us only signing one player, who did not get any games to speak of, his only season at the club.

~Awards and Other~

Hong Kong First Division Team of the Year: Camilo Rodas

Hong Kong First Division Young Player of the Year: 1st Chan chi Hong

Senior Shield Top goalscorer: 2nd Alex

Fan's Player of the year: Alex

Sham Shui Po best XI

[b]Season    Position    Senior Shield    League Cup    FA Cup      Continental[/b]
2022/23        6th     Quarter-final    Group C    Quarter-final         -
2023/24        5th     1st round        Group C    Quarter-final         -
2024/25        4th     Champion     Quarter-final  Quarter-final     ACC Champion
2025/26        7th     Quarter-final    Group C      1st Round       ACC 2nd round
2026/27        2nd     1st round        Group C      Semi-Final          -

2017/18 Finals Series

(and of course the ACL games in between)

Perth Glory 2 - 1 Newcastle Jets (Major Semi Final Leg 1)

Jeonbuk 0 - 0 Newcastle Jets (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 1 - 0 Perth Glory (Jets on away goals) (Major Semi Final Leg 2)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 1 Shanxi Chanba (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 3 - 1 Hachioji Tigre (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 4 - 0 Perth Glory (Grand Final)

I've won 7 Regular Seasons and 6 Finals Series' yet I am still only favoured personnel. What will it take?

2018/19 Champions League Review

Newcastle Jets 2 - 1 Pohang Steelers (Quarter Final Leg 1)

Pohang Steelers 1 - 1 Newcastle Jets (Quarter Final Leg 2)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 0 Al-Sadd (Semi Final Leg 1)

Al-Sadd 0 - 1 Newcastle Jets (Semi Final Leg 2)

Al Ahli (KSA) 2 - 0 Newcastle Jets (neutral, Shah Alam, Malaysia) (Final)

Al Ahli have done it again :(

A-League Table So Far

Righty, I'm gonna be Melbourne Victory FC. They came second bottom last year, but the team that came bottom was Newcastle Jets. Being as there are already 2 players playing as Newcastle Jets, I've chosen the second bottom side. I would do screenshots, and that, but I'll save it for key moments in the season.

Here goes...

Okay, he's my Profile

2018/19 Finals Series Review

(and the ACL games inbetween)

Newcastle Jets 1 - 4 Sydney FC (Major Semi Final Leg 1)

Suwon Bluewings 1 - 3 Newcastle Jets (ACL Group)

Sydney FC 0 - 3 Newcastle Jets (lost on away goals) (Major Semi Final Leg 2)

Thanks to the odd A-League finals system we are still in the competition.

Newcastle Jets 2 - 1 Osaka AC (ACL Group)

Newcastle Jets 3 - 3 North Queensland Fury (Jets won 9-8 on penalties (16 penalties taken per side :D)) (Preliminary Final)

Newcastle Jets 2 - 0 Dalian Shide (ACL Group)

Sydney FC 0 - 3 Newcastle Jets (Grand Final)

Phew.

STR: Great first season winning the league. Nice to see you got Borini as well! I remember signing him in a save in FM10.

JEinchy: Impressive first season there. Good luck in season 2.

Sazchu: not bad, second place! Hopefully this time around you can manage your squad with all those upcoming fixtures.

William Hall: tough luck in the ACL again. And tut tut, that's what you get by being a little arrogant.. :p Hope you can win the Grand Finals and get back to the ACL

VVV: welcome back \o/. Good luck with Melbourne Victory

2018/19 Rest of Champions League Review

Newcastle Jets 4 - 1 Suwon Bluewings (Group)

Osaka AC 2 - 1 Newcastle Jets (Group)

Dalian Shide 2 - 0 Newcastle Jets (Group)

Group Table

Jeonbuk 1 - 0 Newcastle Jets (Second Round

I am severely disappointed in this season, despite winning the A-League. I'm going to make wholesale changes for next season by using the huge budget I've earned from many seasons of successful Champions League football.

Going well so far, what tactics are everyone using?

Hit and hope. The stamdard is so bad in the Hong Kong league that playing with any sort of style is extremely difficult. Most of my goals come from long punts up the field to my quick strikers who score or pass it across goal for a tap in.

So basically a bob-standard 4-4-2.

Newcastle Jets

2012-2013

Hyundai A-League: 1st. (Predicted 2nd)

Finals Series: Winners.

Season Review: Not much to say really, won the league by 16 points. Oh and most of my key players want to move to a bigger club. :D

Champions League so far: Won the group stage by 7 points. Beat Saitama UTD in the second round.

Finances: Improved from last season :thup:

Awards:

Manager of the Year

Player of the Year - Dario Vidosic

Golden Boot - Fabio Borini

Foreign Player of the Year - Fabio Borini

Goalkeeper of the Year - Apoula Edel

Season      A-League       Finals Series         ACL   
11/12          1st           Winners             ---
12/13          1st           Winners             ---

Archived