FM 2011 Official System/Specs Thread

Actually, another question. The macbook airs don't have a diskdrive. I've bought the game on CD. Will i be able to play the game with out a CD drive (activation through steam for example?) or would i have to buy the game again?

Yep. Use the CD Key for activating on Steam.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get this thing with running "all" the leagues. Not even on a small database, with an i7 960, 8GB Ram and the Radeon 5790 is it doeable. And I know cause that's what I'm using right now.

Realistically, to get GOOD speed, I am running 11 countries and 21 leagues. On a large database.

21 leagues on i7 960. :D

You can run around 70 leagues easily.

And Small vs Large hardly makes a diff.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question (and apologies if it has already been asked in the previous pages).

I am planning on buying a Macbook within the next few weeks and hope I'll be able to resume my FM addiction in due course. However, I'm not too clued up on computer specs and the like so I was hoping someone could advise whether the standard Macbook will run FM11 trouble-free? I spoke to someone who has a Mac and he seemed to think a graphics card might be needed for the 3D pitch.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

I don't really know much about Macs, but I think it comes with Intel HD4500 as a minimum and that should run 3D at medium.

I don't really know much about Macs, but I think it comes with Intel HD4500 as a minimum and that should run 3D at medium.

Macbook

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (P8600)

Integrated Nvidia GeForce 320M with 256 MB shared with main memory

Macbook Air

1.86 GHz (SL9400) Intel Core 2 Duo with 6 MB on-chip L2 cache

Nvidia GeForce 320M using 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM

My uncle built this PC for me a couple of years ago, it is pretty decent for one which has been built and has worked for every FM played so far. 09 i played with 3D and worked okay, 10 i played 2D because it was easier to watch games and 11 so far i've played with 3D which has worked okay. I haven't put stadiums or crowd in yet though in case it's too much. Just wanna know if crowd and stadiums will work well on my PC specs and also how many leagues i can load. Cheers.

Windows XP

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

2.2 GHz, 1.87GB RAM

30GB Harddrive space free

2.4GHz : 250GB

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB DDR3 memory

250GB hard drive1

8x double-layer SuperDrive

NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics

Built-in 10-hour battery2

Polycarbonate unibody enclosure

Will the new fm work with this?? with 11 league from 7 countries and how good would it be??

It's an ATI Radeon X1200 series graphic card. I do know it's a pretty poor graphics card but would be interested to see if it could cope with stadiums and crowd in 3D :)

On low. Still might not be smooth.

Medium maybe if you turn of the stadium.

2.4GHz : 250GB

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2GB DDR3 memory

250GB hard drive1

8x double-layer SuperDrive

NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics

Built-in 10-hour battery2

Polycarbonate unibody enclosure

Will the new fm work with this?? with 11 league from 7 countries and how good would it be??

11 leagues will be good. Possibly upto 15.

Another steam question. I've just received FM 2011. If i install it through steam using the activation code will i be able to install it on a new laptop if i upgrade from my current one, or will the activation code only allow me to install it on one laptop?

Thinking of buying FM 2011, first one I'll have bought since the 2008 version. My specs are below (laptop is just over 5 years old):

1.6GHz

Intel Pentium M

504MB RAM

Video card: Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express

I've always been used to running 2 or 3 leagues maximum, and I'd be happy running the 3D match engine rather than the old 2D view only occasionally. Will my specs suffice?

Well, it stopped the running low on memory/closing down stuff, but instead it now says it can't load the saved game. I'll be so annoyed if it means I have to start my game from scratch, as it was going really well.

Really bad advice to be honest.

This is why Virtual memory adaption/usage is a bad idea. Basically, page file moves volatile memory (RAM) to the hard drive which should be non-volatile but in reality, it is. In easier terms, instead of saving data to any of your memory banks, it page swaps to your hard drive. The latter isn't safe as data loss is amplified. Also, the page file isn't as abc 123 when increasing. How much RAM do you have?

Do the following calculation if you must use Page file;

How to calculate page file size

Use one or more of the following methods to help you calculate page file size.

Method 1: Use performance logs to understand the paging activity on your computer

1. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Performance.

2. Expand Performance Logs and Alerts, click Counter Logs, right-click the blank space in the right-pane, and then click New Log Settings.

3. In the Name box, type a name for the log, and then click OK.

4. On the General tab, click Add Counters.

5. Click Use local computer counters.

6. In the Performance object list, click Paging File.

7. Click Select counters from list, click % Usage, and then click Add.

8. In the Performance object list, click Memory.

9. In Select counters from list, click Available Bytes, and then click Add.

10. In Select counters from list, click Pages Input/sec, click Add, and then click Close.

11. Click OK.

Use the log that you collect during typical computer use to understand the paging activity on your computer. Then, adjust the page file size accordingly.

Method 2: Use the Page File Bytes Peak counter to calculate page file size

1. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Performance.

2. Click System Monitor.

3. In the right pane, click + (the Add button).

4. Click Use local computer counters.

5. In the Performance object list, click Process.

6. Click Select counters from list, click Page File Bytes Peak, click Add, and then click Close.

7. Let the counter run during typical use of your computer.

8. Note the maximum value for the Page File Bytes Peak counter, and then multiply the value by 0.70. The sum of the equation is the size to set for your page file.

Method 3: Calculate the minimum and maximum page file size

To determine the approximate minimum page file that is required by your system, calculate the sum of peak private bytes that are used by each process on the system. Then, subtract the amount of memory on the system.

To determine the approximate maximum page file space that is required for your system, calculate the sum of peak private bytes that are used by each process on the system. Then, add a margin of additional space. Do not subtract the amount of memory on the system. The size of the additional margin can be adjusted based on your confidence in the snapshot data that is used to estimate page file requirements.

Note This estimate is accurate only if the snapshot of data that is used to make the calculations is accurate.

Back to the top

Page file input/output rates

To avoid overloading the system or other disks with page input/output (I/O) activity, use the following guidelines when you set up the page file on your computer:

* If the page I/O (real disk I/O) rate is more than 10 pages per second, we recommend that you do not put the page file where the I/O activity occurs on the system disk. When the page I/O rate is 10 pages per second or more, we recommend that you dedicate a separate hard disk for paging.

* If the page I/O rate to a particular disk that is used for paging is more than 60 disk I/O operations per second, use more than one dedicated page hard disk to obtain better performance. To do this, use multiple non-striped disks for paging, or use raid 0 striped disks for paging. Dedicate approximately one I/O hard disk to paging for every 60 pages per second of I/O activity.

For example, if a system is averaging 150 pages of I/O activity per second, use three individual hard disks, or a three-disk raid 0 stripe set for the page file.

Note These estimates are for hard disks that run at 7200 revolutions per minute (rpm). If you use a hard disk that runs faster, the I/O rate a disk can handle for page I/O will increase.

Note If peak performance is critical to your system, use peak I/O rates instead of average I/O rates for these calculations.

Important Supportability Information: This article is specifically for computers that do not need kernel mode or full memory dump analysis. For business-critical servers where business processes require to server to capture physical memory dumps for analysis, the traditional model of the page file should be at least the size of physical ram plus 1 MB, or 1.5 times the default physical RAM. This makes sure that the free disk space of the operating system partition is large enough to hold the OS, hotfixes, installed applications, installed services, a dump file, and the page file. On a server that has 32 GB of memory, drive C may have to be at least 86 GB to 90 GB. This is 32 GB for memory dump, 48 GB for the page file (1.5 times the physical memory), 4 GB for the operating system, and 2 to 4 GB for the applications, the installed services, the temp files, and so on. Remember that a driver or kernel mode service leak could consume all free physical RAM. Therefore, a Windows Server 2003 x64 SP1-based server in 64-bit mode with 32GB of RAM could have a 32 GB kernel memory dump file, where you would expect only a 1 to 2 GB dump file in 32-bit mode. This behavior occurs because of the greatly increased memory pools.

"Thanks for that mate, a pain that it wont run lots of leagues/ players I do run a few things in the background (internet & MSN mostly) but shouldnt be enough to slow it down that much.

I do seem to experience sudden CPU usages spikes sometimes from FM which is wierd.

I shall have a look at GameBooster. Would drivers make a difference to game speed? "

No, not really. Drivers for stability and how the hardware operates/communicates with the OS etc. It is always advisable to stay upto date, thou.

"And RAM isn't as important as you say. Most important is CPU. Then comes RAM (4GB is best value)."

To use 4gb or above, they have to be running x64. On x86, 4gb is not possible as the numeric limit only allows upto 3.4gb but then you also need a x64 CPU. I think this is important to know, that's all.

Good advice, Ishu. Do you work in line support?

well both are around the same as the lap top i use, except the better processor, i run about 5/6 nations usually with most leagues running on a large database with no issues at all, depends how quickly you want the game to process, but you can turn down the detail level when the game starts.

In terms of value its hard to say, the Hewit is probably a better make, ive not really heard of the other one, but the other one has slightly better specs, not thats going to have much of an effect wtih this game i dont think it can use more than 3gb of ram. If it was me i would go for the Hewit just because i trust the brand, but its entirely up to yourself. You could get more if you bought a desktop, but thats another question i guess.

Hi,

I am looking at buying FM 11 if the new patch does the business. What I need to know if somebody would be kind enough to let me know is will this laptop play the game OK?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-satellite-c660-108-07786979-pdt.html

I'm really interested in the graphics card as everything else looks good to play it but I don't know much about graphics cards.

Cheers

Hi,

I am looking at buying FM 11 if the new patch does the business. What I need to know if somebody would be kind enough to let me know is will this laptop play the game OK?

I'm really interested in the graphics card as everything else looks good to play it but I don't know much about graphics cards.

Cheers

that one will play FM11 perfectly fine!

MSI IMO. Better graphics and more RAM.

HP if you want extra 2" of screen.

BTW MSI is a very big company. Makes one of the best gaming laptops.

Hi,

Cheers

Good enough. 3D on med/high. And it will run around 25 leagues on medium speed.

I am currently running ALL 117 leagues in the game with over 400,000 players and staff loaded.

My laptop specification is an Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics card.

The game runs a bit slow. I have to wait about 5 minutes for each match day to progress.....:D

FOR 500 POUND

intel Core i3 330M.

2.13GHz processor speed.

4GB DDR3 RAM memory.

500GB SATA hard drive.

Display features:

15.6in display.

Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

DVD optical drives:

Dual layer.

Graphics:

nVIDIA GeForce GT 325M graphics card with 1GB memory.

Interfaces and connectivity:

Multi-Media Card (MMC) compatible.

3 USB ports.

1 HDMI port.

Bluetooth.

B/g/n wireless/WiFi enabled.

Multi-media features:

1.3MP built-in webcam.

Built-in mic.

Operating system and software:

Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.

Is it good value for money

Is it worth 500 pounds

How many leagues and players for fm11

How many years would it probably last me for

Would it play games like the sims and call off dut

Can i find a better laptop for the price if so please please tell me.

Just ordered this off Argos' ebay outlet shop for £300. I know it's not great, but thought it was pretty good value for the price. Could someone let me know how well it'll run FM in terms of leagues playable + graphics.

ACER ASPIRE 5551A

AMD Athlon X2 dual core P320.

2.1GHz processor speed.

3GB DDR3 RAM memory.

250GB SATA hard drive.

ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card with 256MB memory.

Archived