Metal_Guitarist's FM10 Update

metal_guitarist

Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue releasing updates til FM11?

• No, I want a long term save from now
    • Weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Bi-weekly, but only til the demo comes out
    • Bi-weekly, til the full game comes out
    • Meh your update sucks

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@The Janitor- thanks for spotting that, will get it done

@djkid85- I personally have not edited CA, I believe a couple of players have been ever so slightly tweaked judging by my memory of their stats from 10.3 by CromScott, but it's realistic and not stupid.

Thanks for the database and doing all the hard work, might rekindle my interest in 2010, but have to say that the new youth talent has gone very much overboard though.

Liverpool have 15 -8 potential players, and Manchester Utd some 23 -8 potential players, thats coming from 2 academies that are really strugglying to produce talents (havent checked others), definately going to have to changed the majority of them to -7 as there is no way that united have 20plus youth players who will be capable of playing premiership football in the future (not even including the -9's). I know the majority won't reach the true potential but still there is way too high a potential in the talent added to the database. When you consider the England u17's winning championship team is captained by a -7 at Liverpool it kinda puts it into perspective.

Again, I've not been responsible for most of these, but I can have a look and adjust some things if it is the general consesus that things are too high. However, as you yourself said, the majority will not reach their full potential, and in 5 test games that I ran before the update was released, I checked the PAs with FMRTE and I didn't find many that had PAs of 160 or higher.

That's bullsh** Adamc81 - Manchester United's academy has the most 'graduates' going on to play Premier League football than any other club.

lol calm down son

Before going off on one you really should provide the facts to back it up and tell us all how many United graduates have graced the prem regularly in say the last 5 seasons seens as you raised the issue? I can think of around 10 and a couple are far from first teamers at average clubs. Course if you can come up with 30 then your point will have been proven, and am being generous with the offer to back your theory of Uniteds great youths up - thats 30 over 5 years, not 30 from 1 youth squad as i highlighted in this database.

Am not saying United have a poor academy in comparison to their rivals (guess i should have stated that before the United defence force took it personally), they have one of the best; but they certainly aren't producing players to the volume that are found in this database and all prem teams are strugglying to produce graduates. If your telling me that United have a squad of 30 youth players who are capable of becoming premiership players in the future and good ones at that given the -8 and -9 potential then i have to say that you are a little deluded and im pretty sure we would have all heard about a whole new golden generation of United and Liverpool players coming through rather than the odd name.

edit : am up to 15 united youth graduates now that i can think of that have played regular prem football (prob not graduated within the last 5 years mind), hoping you can do better; but have given up some very dubious ones and definately not in the -8 rating bracket but will be generous with the likes of Bardsley, Simpson and Spector etc

Your talking about Wisdom being a -7(england under 17's captain ).......hes underrated....i can bet my house he will be atleast -8 on FM11.......name the players ive overtated their all international 's for their age group....do abit of research then come back.

Only 15? Is this players that have since left United and are playing for other teams or including players still playing for the club now? If you go back from when the Premiership started there have been quite a few

Sorry am not explaining myself very well, in this database United have potentially 30 youth players who could play for premiership teams, and not just average teams, -8 potential will get you playing in the squads of pretty much all the top sides given the right training. So in just a couple of years youth program United could supply 3 players in every team in the top 10 in the premiership in theory with this database afterall -8's are potentially around the standard of a Keane or Defoe etc, and i think thats a little unrealistic. At no time in United's history have they ever had that many quality youths at their club. Even with the Scholes and Beckhams youth team United got nowhere near producing 30 premiership players in the short span, to which i extended the invitation to think of 30 players that United have produced over the last 5 years and got about half way there. I hope your getting my point, United's and Liverpools youth in this database is too blessed with talent.

Keiran Richardson, Phil Bardsley, Gerard Pique, Giuseppe Rossi, Jonny Evans, Darron Gibson, Fraizer Campbell, Paul McShane, David Jones, Chris Eagles, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Ryan Shawcross, Danny Simpson, Danny Welbeck, Rodrigo Possebon, Federico Macheda have all played in the Premier League, for us or another club or at a high level league in another country. 19 players there. Josh King, Magnus Eikrem, Matt James, Davide Petrucci, Tom Cleverley, Ben Amos, Will Keane, Tom Thorpe, Paul Pogba and Ryan Tunnicliffe all have the potential to make it going on their academy/reserves/loan performances. So there's your 30 players.

Thanks for that Metal, in trying to disprove my point you have in fact proved it, so cheers.

The players you mentioned range from 15 up to 24; whereas the 30 i have highlighted from this database all come from the same United youth group, something that all of yours certainly do not. Yours range from a 9 year period, mine merely cover 3 years (14-17 year olds), quite the disparity.

Hypotheticallly for the sake of this discussion; if we continued the trend of this database in the same 9 year period in which you were able to just about mention 30 players in real life (thats including the current United prospects) i would be mentioning near a 100 odd players in game. Thankfully the AI would not follow the same pattern, and the game would not generate so many -8 players in future seasons in the same way that has been generated in this database the game would be playable but would certainly need a number of seasons to balance out with this update.

Also a -8 potential is not the range of a player that merely appeared in the Premiership but that of a player who is a regular starter for a good team. Am not even mentioning the -7 potential players in the youth ranks who would still be able to do a job for a lower prem club with the right training.

Thanks for that Metal, in trying to disprove my point you have in fact proved it, so cheers.

The players you mentioned range from 15 up to 24; whereas the 30 i have highlighted from this database all come from the same United youth group, something that all of yours certainly do not. Yours range from a 9 year period, mine merely cover 3 years (14-17 year olds), quite the disparity.

Hypotheticallly for the sake of this discussion; if we continued the trend of this database in the same 9 year period in which you were able to just about mention 30 players in real life (thats including the current United prospects) i would be mentioning near a 100 odd players in game. Thankfully the AI would not follow the same pattern, and the game would not generate so many -8 players in future seasons in the same way that has been generated in this database the game would be playable but would certainly need a number of seasons to balance out with this update.

Also a -8 potential is not the range of a player that merely appeared in the Premiership but that of a player who is a regular starter for a good team. Am not even mentioning the -7 potential players in the youth ranks who would still be able to do a job for a lower prem club with the right training.

Well I haven't touched the PAs of the players that were in 10.3 with -8s, and as my currently unreleased database stands, there are 9 added youth players to the Utd squad. 3 of these are -7s, with 5 -8s and 1 -9. You could argue that Kenji Gorre and Jack Barmby are in maybe a year too early, both being born after 31/8/94, so discarding them you have 7 new scholars which leaves you with 3 -7s and 4 -8s. Last year, the new scholars contained: 1 -9, 6 -8s, 6 -7s, 2 -6s and 1 -5, so 3 -7s, 5 -8s and 1-9 sounds fair to me.

Metal Guitarist, Arsenal's back in the Premier League Reserve League.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/07/arsenal-back-track-on-reserves-plan-after-league-meeting/

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/premier-reserve-league

Thierry Henry also looks to be joining the New York Red Bulls in the MLS. However, nothing's official yet until Jul. 15 (the start of the MLS transfer window) when they'll announce who've they actually signed.

Metal Guitarist, Arsenal's back in the Premier League Reserve League.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/07/arsenal-back-track-on-reserves-plan-after-league-meeting/

http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/premier-reserve-league

Thierry Henry also looks to be joining the New York Red Bulls in the MLS. However, nothing's official yet until Jul. 15 (the start of the MLS transfer window) when they'll announce who've they actually signed.

Your talking about Wisdom being a -7(england under 17's captain ).......hes underrated....i can bet my house he will be atleast -8 on FM11.......name the players ive overtated their all international 's for their age group....do abit of research then come back.

Sorry hadn't seen that i did not respond to your post, the forum constantly crashing made it difficult to see what messages went through and what didn't.

The player i was thinking about is not Wisdom, though i do agree with your assesment of him. The current u17 england captain and the one that brought the trophy home was liverpool youngser Conor Coady who has represented England at many youth levels but is still only regarded as a -7 in keeping with alot of his colleagues rather than the -8's given to the majority of the newly added players.

Well i guess i am in the minority and will leave it that and respect your decisions about the youngsters, i only want to help improve the database afterall and not pi ss people off.

There's always going to be disagreements about these sort of things, even with the 'official' data! Easier to agree to disagree IMO, and at the end of the day, a couple of minutes in the editor to change things if you so wish is nothing really :)

They must just have the cash because they've qualified for the CL on my game.

7000 or so I'd say. They are an above-average Portuguese team these days, finished 2nd last season. A lot of middle-range Portuguese clubs are around 6000 and Porto/Sporting/Benfica all around 8000.

They must just have the cash because they've qualified for the CL on my game.

7000 or so I'd say. They are an above-average Portuguese team these days, finished 2nd last season. A lot of middle-range Portuguese clubs are around 6000 and Porto/Sporting/Benfica all around 8000.

Thanks. Schalke have just dismissed rumours of that deal. New database will be out around 11pm tonight.

Assuming you meant Stuttgart but yeah just seen that myself, could go either way :thup:

Archived