Franchise League (kinda like the IPL)

sporadicsmiles

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aaron70
How about you make a team from at least 1 city from every country in the world. With the weaker nations having weaker and lower rep teams, this would also mean more divisions.

Kind of missed the point.

How about you make a team from at least 1 city from every country in the world. With the weaker nations having weaker and lower rep teams, this would also mean more divisions.

Yeah, this wouldn't really work, as its supposed to be the best players randomly distributed amongst teams. Any more teams and they are spread a bit thin, and it becomes just another league system.

How do you integrate this into the game? The editor doesnt recognise the dbc file?

Not sure what you mean by the edirot not recognising the dbc file. You have to put it in the Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data/

Then upon staring a game, load the file and select UAE, in which this league is based.

EDIT: Actually thinking on it, what patch are you using, because I believe that 10.1 didn't have .dbc files.

Yeah, this wouldn't really work, as its supposed to be the best players randomly distributed amongst teams. Any more teams and they are spread a bit thin, and it becomes just another league system.

But you could make no promotin or relegation between the leagues, so it becomes completely seperate:

Walkers Premier League North-Walkers Premier League South (No Promotion)

Pepsi Super League

Pepsi Star League North-Pepsi Star League South-Pepsi Star League East-Pepsi Star League West (No Relegation)

Pepsi World Football Amateur Combination (No promotion)

Pepsi World Football Amateur Combination 2

Pepsi World Football Amateur Combination 3 (No Relegation)

I'm not really sure there would be that much to gain from that - if you could implement USA-type rules (which i don't think you can) for drafts and the like, it would be an interesting experiment. Otherwise it would just be like any other 'superleague' that is out there, just with some jumbled up teams with new names.

fantastic idea. how did you choose to split up the teams?

Split up the players into the teams? Or the teams into league?

Pretty much randomly actually for both those, and as I haven't specified leagues for the teams in the editor, they should move around between the two conferences to mix it up a bit.

it'd be nice if you could make the key players (f.ex sachin with mumbai's team) play for their city's team etc but i'm not going to ask for much ;)

That would be quite nice actually, i will definitely look into it! I am planning having a look at ways to improve this in numerous ways, perhaps with the advanced panel, which i now can use slightly more effectively, so watch this space.

fantastic idea. how did you choose to split up the teams?

Split up the players into the teams? Or the teams into league?

Pretty much randomly actually for both those, and as I haven't specified leagues for the teams in the editor, they should move around between the two conferences to mix it up a bit.

That would be quite nice actually, i will definitely look into it! I am planning having a look at ways to improve this in numerous ways, perhaps with the advanced panel, which i now can use slightly more effectively, so watch this space.

Do you know how to add a draft in the editor or using the data files because my idea would work really well if it had a draft and the designated players and so on, very similar to us system.

I don't know if it is possible, and i suspect that it isnt, but this was what i was going to try and look for.

Hopefully fm11 will have a fully functional advanced panel, or at least a more advanced version of this editor (not a criticism, i love this editor, i just want more =P).

I'm gonna give it a go tonight and see what i can do anyways.

Or maybe "Svenska Stadion" :p Stockhom Citizen sounds odd, but Stockholm Elks sounds really good.

Correct me if my swedish is wrong, i'm not a native speaker as i'm from Japan.

Oh, i like Japan. Svenska Stadion, maybe can work. But Svenska Nationalstadion or Svenska Nationalarenan is even better. Yeah you right Stockholm Citizen was not good. Good, elks should works.

How about you do another 2 conference franchise league to sit beside it but with weaker teams:

Cape Town Diamonds

Barcelona Heat

Cardiff Dragons

Dublin Shamrocks

Chicago Entertainers

Toronto Maple Leafs

Mexico City Aztecs

Quito (I haven't come up with a second name)

Sao Paulo Dream Teamers

Sydney Singers

New Delhi Elephants

That could be some of the teams or you could add 4 more teams to each conference in the original league.

Ok, i would like some feedback on some ideas i have for making this a better edit.

I have a couple of ideas on how to improve this, feel free to comment on them

1. Have 1 large league of 32 teams, each team plays every team once, so 31 games in the league. This is then followed by a 8 team playoff for the championship. The playoff will be 2 legged, except for the final. I will try to add incentive to finish higher by making 1st play 8th in the playoffs, etc.

2. Keep the format as it is, but with improved regulations, and 2 legged playoff at the end.

3. Some other idea, that I don't have yet. What would people most like to see added into this? Or taken out? Or changed.

I like the idea of No.2. I have also got some other ideas for your project:

A big 32 team conference and a 15 team conference (from weakest footballing nations and smallest countries), Vatican Dream-Teamers (Vatican City/Italy), Monte Carlo Gamblers (Monaco), Male Islanders (Maldives), The Valley Strikers (Anguilla), Yaren Galaxy (Nauru) and so on.

Chairman's from the country of the club: Moscow-Roman Abrahamovic.

I don't know if this already in the file but you could make teams be based in their Country and Town in real life: Cape Town, South Africa, Africa so they will get regens from the country of the city.

Did you change Windmolen to Windmolens?

What about the idea of using the playoffs from the Dutch Eerste Divisie (1st division)?

At the end of each season, the champion of the Eerste Divisie is automatically promoted to the Eredivisie. Eight other clubs (before 2005/2006: six) enter the Nacompetitie, a promotion/relegation playoff that includes the 16th- and 17th-place clubs in the Eredivisie. The following teams qualify for the Nacompetitie:

The club with the best record in the "first period" of the season (after 6 rounds).

The club with the best record in the "second period" of the season (rounds 7-12).

The club with the best record in the "third period" of the season (rounds 13-18).

The club with the best record in the "fourth period" of the season (rounds 19-24).

The club with the best record in the "fifth period" of the season (rounds 25-30).

The club with the best record in the "sixth period" of the season (rounds 31-36).

The two remaining spots are filled at the season's end by the highest-placed clubs that have not already earned automatic promotion or qualified for the Nacompetitie.

If the club that wins a period has qualified for the Nacompetitie by winning a previous period, its place is filled by the next-best club in that period that has not already qualified. Usually, the clubs that qualify for the Nacompetitie turn out to be the 2nd- through 9th-placed clubs in the final table. Clubs in the Nacompetitie face each other in a knock-out system with the numbers 16 and 17 of the Eredivisie for two places in next season's Eredivisie.

Perhaps that is interesting for your update.

Did you change Windmolen to Windmolens?

What about the idea of using the playoffs from the Dutch Eerste Divisie (1st division)?

At the end of each season, the champion of the Eerste Divisie is automatically promoted to the Eredivisie. Eight other clubs (before 2005/2006: six) enter the Nacompetitie, a promotion/relegation playoff that includes the 16th- and 17th-place clubs in the Eredivisie. The following teams qualify for the Nacompetitie:

The club with the best record in the "first period" of the season (after 6 rounds).

The club with the best record in the "second period" of the season (rounds 7-12).

The club with the best record in the "third period" of the season (rounds 13-18).

The club with the best record in the "fourth period" of the season (rounds 19-24).

The club with the best record in the "fifth period" of the season (rounds 25-30).

The club with the best record in the "sixth period" of the season (rounds 31-36).

The two remaining spots are filled at the season's end by the highest-placed clubs that have not already earned automatic promotion or qualified for the Nacompetitie.

If the club that wins a period has qualified for the Nacompetitie by winning a previous period, its place is filled by the next-best club in that period that has not already qualified. Usually, the clubs that qualify for the Nacompetitie turn out to be the 2nd- through 9th-placed clubs in the final table. Clubs in the Nacompetitie face each other in a knock-out system with the numbers 16 and 17 of the Eredivisie for two places in next season's Eredivisie.

Perhaps that is interesting for your update.

That is actually a really good idea. I plan to make a few variations and test them out assuming they are possible to make within the confines of the editor, advanced or otherwise and see which is best. And yes, i made all of the name changes suggested so far except the most recent one for Stockholm.

If it ain't possible to re-create this in the editor, you could perhaps change the clubs in The Netherlands and keep this rules.

Nice to hear my input is appreciated :)

Will there also be derbies in it? Like a spicy Holland vs. Germany match (Amsterdam vs. Berlin), or an England vs. Scotland match (London vs. Edinburgh)?

Well, if every team is in the same league, then these games will exist, and I can add rivalries between teams that would likely have them in the editor. This is something I was planning to do in any case for the next version.

I think it probably would be possible to recreate the Dutch system in some form, I can have a play with it sometime and see.

Nice to hear that.

If you want more information on the Dutch system, I can try to find that for you, as I am from Holland, and should be able to understand everything that is written about it. :)

Thanks, I shall ask if there is any confusion. I get the general idea that the season is split into periods, and the winner of these qualifies to the playoffs. Not sure how the editor will deal with the same team winning two periods however, how is this dealt with in the real system?

I think it may also be possible to create something similar to the NFL - with teams split into 4 team conferences (or whatever they call it), but with each team playing all the others, thats another idea I will look at, I should get some time over the next few days to try a few things out.

Thanks, I shall ask if there is any confusion. I get the general idea that the season is split into periods, and the winner of these qualifies to the playoffs. Not sure how the editor will deal with the same team winning two periods however, how is this dealt with in the real system?

I think it may also be possible to create something similar to the NFL - with teams split into 4 team conferences (or whatever they call it), but with each team playing all the others, thats another idea I will look at, I should get some time over the next few days to try a few things out.

Good Idea.

1) The best team wins the period.

2) If 2 teams have exactly the same points, goals, etc, then the period champ is the team that hasn't won an earlier period allready.

3) If a team has allready won an earlier period, then the 2nd best team of this period will be selected as period champs.

4) If this 2nd best team has allready won an earlier period too, no period champion is selected. The play-off spot will then go to the best non-period-champion at the end of the season.

5) If the league champions have also won a period title, then the next best non-period-champions at the end of the season will get their spot in the play-offs. (Because the league champions are directly promoted.)

Hope this helps.

(All info from the KNVB website. (Dutch FA))

I like the idea of No.2. I have also got some other ideas for your project:

A big 32 team conference and a 15 team conference (from weakest footballing nations and smallest countries), Vatican Dream-Teamers (Vatican City/Italy), Monte Carlo Gamblers (Monaco), Male Islanders (Maldives), The Valley Strikers (Anguilla), Yaren Galaxy (Nauru) and so on.

Chairman's from the country of the club: Moscow-Roman Abrahamovic.

I don't know if this already in the file but you could make teams be based in their Country and Town in real life: Cape Town, South Africa, Africa so they will get regens from the country of the city.

Good Idea Jorgen as well but I think sporadicsmiles could still use a bit of my ideas at least.

Cheers Jorgen, I can work with that. I don't know how close to this i will be able to make it, but its a good starting point. I will have a crack at it anyhow.

I have got the bare bones of a 32 team conference working now - with a proper 2 legged playoff system with a one legged final, which i am quite please with. Gonna have a play with the transfer rules etc to see what the game can handle, the advanced panel is not fully functioning as i understand.

I am still kinda reluctant to add another level to this - I mean personally I don't see the need, why people would manage a team without the world class players in the league above? Plus its a lot of effort to do the manual draft.

I do believe i added a chairman for each club who is actually a wealthy person, or famous celebrity, from the nation of that club. Go check it out if you didn't notice this nice feature.

The stadia are also in the city of the team, so they produce regens from whichever country they are based in.

Ok, what I meant by a 15 team conference with teams from weaker nations and small countries was that it would be two conferences in the same division (like the MLS) and the top teams from each group would come together to do a playoff (championship playoff in editor) to decide the winnner.I also understand you can't do a draft.

Okay, i get what you mean now - it would still involve redrafting all the players to teams however if i was to add 15 new teams. Infact it would if i added even 1 more team. It is possible I guess to change some of the existing teams to be from smaller nations. So for example rename Praha to be Monte Carlo, or whatever. It depends on getting a good mixture of teams from different areas, so they arent all just from northern europe, or whatever.

I would be willing to listen to input on which cities people would like to see included, and which they think they could replace.

No you can't do a draft, but you can add a small foreign transfer window followed by a longer domestic one, which could encourage more transfers between Franchise teams. This is something I am trialling.

I have put together the 32 team conference, with everyone playing each other once now as a working beta I plan to play. It is stable to at least 2035, implements squad rules successfully, and has a playoff system that works very well.

Jogren, I had a thought about the Dutch system - to split it into periods I would need to be able to divide 31 by 5, (to get 6 periods), this would give five 5 game periods and one 6 game period, with the top 2 overall also qualifying. I still don't know if it will be possible to do this, i plan to have a go tonight however.

Yes, now you understand.

I'm not sure whether I understand you properly but I believe it to be very hard to add new teams.But I still think it would improve the franchise league to add 8 new teams to make 40 overall. The top 32 could go through to the championship playoffs to decide the winner:

Les Joueurs de Monte Carlo (Monte Carlo Gamblers in French)

Based in Monaco

Stadium: Arene de millionnaire (Millionaire Arena), Monaco (Monaco is in the FM2010 database and an AS Monaco scout is of that nationality in the game)

Manager: Arsene Wenger (take him of Athens)

Star Players: Maroune Chamakh, Yoann Gourcouff, Hugo Lloris and Nicklas Bendtner.

Male Islanders (don't know translation)

Based in the Maldives

Stadium: Island Park (don't know translation)

Star Players: Dong Fangzhuo, Yasser Al Qahtani, Takuyuki Morimoto and Marcus Tanaka.

The Valley Strikers

Based in Anguilla

Stadium: Valley Road

Star Players: Clint Dempsey, Jonathan de Guzman, Ricardo Fuller, Tim Howard, Kenwyne Jones, Theo Walcott, Jacob Lensky and Landon Donavan.

Manager:Theodore Whitmore (Allow him to keep the Jamaica job as well)

Yaren Galaxy

Based in Nauru

Stadium: The Galactic Spacedome

Star Players: Brett Emerton, Ryan Nelsen, Zelijko Kalac, Josip Simunic, Mark Viduka (if he's not with Canberra), Chris Wood and Chris Killen.

Manager:Someone in the database from Nauru

Andorra La Vella Muntanyecs (Catalan Translation) (Andorra La Vella Mountaineers in English)

Based in Andorra

Stadium: Pyrenees Arena

Star Players: Yoann Gouffran, Gregory Coupet, David Silva, David Villa and Albert Luque.

Manager: Koldo (Andorran Goalkeeper who is Andorra U21 Manager in real life though I believe he's just a keeper in the database, anyway put him in the squad and make him a player/manager in the editor)

Valletta Mediterraneans (don't know translation)

Based in Malta

Stadium: Valletta Stadium

Star Players: Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Pirlo, Hassan Yebda, Nadir Belhadj, Hatem Trabelsi, Hamdi Kasraoui, Karim Haggui, Justin Haber, Andre Schembri and Michael Mifsud.

Manager:John Buttgieg

I will try and think up some more team names.

It's not difficult adding the teams, its then fairly balancing the players between them all that is time consuming. I would basically have to redo assigning all the players if i was too add any more clubs, and that is something i don't want to do particularly.

When I created this I semi-randomly assigned players to teams, so if I added more teams, I would then have to redo the whole process, if you see what I mean, to try to ensure the teams have the same strength as each other.

I will however give it some thought, and when fm11 is released, i will include more teams for certain then, depending on what we can do with the editor then.

If you create teams for another nation, i.e. based in The Netherlands, UAE, etc,

and then you make an edt file that swaps your teams with the USA teams

and then you make a lnc file that renames the MLS

Won't you have a draft then?

But, I assume, all of the other rules that goes along with the MLS? As well as the same number of teams as the USA?

I'm not hugely bothered about having a draft really, it would have just been an excellent added bonus. Teams are rich enough to buy whoever they want in any case, so it should be okay.

Les Joueurs de Monte Carlo (Monte Carlo Gamblers in French)

Based in Monaco

Stadium: Arene de millionnaire (Millionaire Arena), Monaco (Monaco is in the FM2010 database and an AS Monaco scout is of that nationality in the game)

Manager: Arsene Wenger (take him of Athens)

Star Players: Maroune Chamakh, Yoann Gourcouff, Hugo Lloris and Nicklas Bendtner.

Male Islanders (don't know translation)

Based in the Maldives

Stadium: Island Park (don't know translation)

Star Players: Dong Fangzhuo, Yasser Al Qahtani, Takuyuki Morimoto and Marcus Tanaka.

The Valley Strikers

Based in Anguilla

Stadium: Valley Road

Star Players: Clint Dempsey, Jonathan de Guzman, Ricardo Fuller, Tim Howard, Kenwyne Jones, Theo Walcott, Jacob Lensky and Landon Donavan.

Manager:Theodore Whitmore (Allow him to keep the Jamaica job as well)

Yaren Galaxy

Based in Nauru

Stadium: The Galactic Spacedome

Star Players: Brett Emerton, Ryan Nelsen, Zelijko Kalac, Josip Simunic, Mark Viduka (if he's not with Canberra), Chris Wood and Chris Killen.

Manager:Someone in the database from Nauru

Andorra La Vella Muntanyecs (Catalan Translation) (Andorra La Vella Mountaineers in English)

Based in Andorra

Stadium: Pyrenees Arena

Star Players: Yoann Gouffran, Gregory Coupet, David Silva, David Villa and Albert Luque.

Manager: Koldo (Andorran Goalkeeper who is Andorra U21 Manager in real life though I believe he's just a keeper in the database, anyway put him in the squad and make him a player/manager in the editor)

I think you should swap Istanbul Kurt with Les Joueurs de Monte Carlo.

And swap Jerusalem Pilgrims with Male Islanders.

And swap Edinburgh Thistles with The Valley Strikers (because there's already a British team in the league).

And swap Praha Bohemians with Andorra La Vella Muntanyecs.

I would like all the information I suggested included please.

I will definitely implement some of the changes you suggest for the next version - i like to keep people happy who genuinely try to contribute!

And besides, I think it is a good idea to have some smaller places in there, it does add some depth. I was going to swap Tehran for a team from the U.A.E though, it makes sense to have a team from the host nation!

But, I assume, all of the other rules that goes along with the MLS? As well as the same number of teams as the USA?

I'm not hugely bothered about having a draft really, it would have just been an excellent added bonus. Teams are rich enough to buy whoever they want in any case, so it should be okay.

I don't know if my idea about keeping the draft works, but it is worth a try if you like to keep it.

If they are, as you say, rich enought to buy whoever they want, then it is not problem of course.

Archived