Utopian Fantastic League (cheesiest name ever) (Sign-up): Auction thread

swagat sinha

Allright people, we’re finally going live with the auction-style signup. As we go along, I’ll explain the rules to you.

First, you bid for a club. Second, you bid for a manager for the club. And finally, you bid for the players.

Your total purse for this exercise is 1 billion Utopian Pounds. How you spread it over the players, the manager and the players, is up to you. You need to use this money to buy a club, a manager and 25 players (containing 3 goalkeepers. The rest is up to you.) You’ll get to choose from 20 clubs, 50 managers and 670 players.

All these entities have a base price, or a minimum bid price. The least you can bid for that is this base price. The following is a table of the base prices in various categories:

Base Price List	(All prices in millions)	
                 Tier 1	     Tier 2	      Tier 3	Tier 4
Clubs	                    200	     100              N/A	N/A
Managers	             20	     10                 5	N/A
Goalkeepers	             15	     7.5	        5	7.5
Centre Backs                 15	     10	                5	7.5
Left Backs	             15	     7.5	        5	7.5
Right Backs	             15	     7.5	        5	7.5
Defensive Midfielders        15	     10                 7.5	10
Central Midfielders          15      10	                7.5	10
Attacking Midfielders        15	     10	                7.5	10
Left Midfielders	     15      7.5	        5	10
Right Midfielders	     15      7.5	        5	10
Strikers	             15	     10	                7.5	10

All of these have been arranged in various tiers w.r.t their abilities, reputations etc. etc.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first on the auction list are the clubs:

Tier-1 clubs (Base price: 200 million)

1. Barcelona: This is a winner all the way. Superb in all respects, it has the best reputation across the board. To let go of this opportunity, you have to be mad or a Mad-rista.

Reputation = 9550

Training Facilities = 18

Youth Facilities = 20

Stadium Capacity = 98000

2. Manchester United: They have the best facilities ever. Superb in other respects also, the Theatre of Dreams is ready to set your dreams alight.

Reputation = 9350

Training Facilities = 20

Youth Facilities = 20

Stadium Capacity = 76212

3. Real Madrid: Arguably the biggest football brand the world over, wouldn’t you like a chance to take it over and win over the fans. The passionate supporters would love to cheer you on.

Reputation = 9500

Training Facilities = 20

Youth Facilities = 19

Stadium Capacity = 75328

4. Inter: For sure, the steadiest light in Italian football in the past decade, the quality shows wherever you look. What more could you ask for?

Reputation = 8950

Training Facilities = 20

Youth Facilities = 18

Stadium Capacity = 82955

5. America: The biggest stadium in the competition. You can hold your head high and claim to be the owner of the only stadium in Utopia that seats more than 100,000 fans. And when they get behind you, you don’t have a 12th man, you have a full reserve side.

Reputation = 7500

Training Facilities = 18

Youth Facilities = 14

Stadium Capacity = 104000

6. Roma: A perfect example of all round excellence. Starting from scratch, this should figure highly on your list, should it not?

Reputation = 8150

Training Facilities = 19

Youth Facilities = 18

Stadium Capacity = 81193

7. Milan: The fantabulous facilities of Giuseppe Meazza await you. Your players shall never be injured again; such highly are the training facilities rated here.

Reputation = 8750

Training Facilities = 18

Youth Facilities = 14

Stadium Capacity = 82955

8. Bayern: German efficiency at work. The wonderfully designed Allianz-Arena, will it be your playground?

Reputation = 8800

Training Facilities = 19

Youth Facilities = 17

Stadium Capacity = 69901

9. Flamengo: Flair, passion, style. You need it, you got it. Step up Flamengo. All it needs is better training facilities. But you’re already bidding for well-trained superstars. ;)

Reputation = 7545

Training Facilities = 13

Youth Facilities = 20

Stadium Capacity = 92000

10. Arsenal: Ever thought of trying a non-youth centric policy? Try now. Buy Arsenal, rename the stadium back to Ashburton Grove, the possibilities are endless!

Reputation = 8600

Training Facilities = 19

Youth Facilities = 19

Stadium Capacity = 60361

Tier-2 clubs (Base price: 100 million)

11. River Plate: Tier 2 only by classification, this club provides you with the bargain of a lifetime. Ranking well on all parameters, River is searching for its X-factor: you.

Reputation = 8000

Training Facilities = 17

Youth Facilities = 20

Stadium Capacity = 65645

12. Liverpool: This is Anfield. It may be small in comparison to the behemoths in this league, but when the Kop turns out in full force, the classiest oppositions starts feeling queasy.

Reputation = 8950

Training Facilities = 19

Youth Facilities = 18

Stadium Capacity = 45362

13. Benfica: The only thing that has dragged it down is the poor youth system. Surely an open minded chairperson could set that right? And what of the otherwise excellent facilities? For a tier-2 club, a bargain, is it not?

Reputation = 8150

Training Facilities = 19

Youth Facilities = 14

Stadium Capacity = 65647

14. Spartak Moscow: Welcome to the coldest stadium in Utopia, the Luzhniki. The challenge here is simple, succeed despite the poor facilities. Are you up to it?

Reputation = 7350

Training Facilities = 14

Youth Facilities = 14

Stadium Capacity = 84745

15. Chelsea: The Bridge is stout, the Bridge is old; will you be the one, to generate the gold? One of the most highly reputed clubs; it wallows down below, only for its poor capacity stadium.

Reputation = 9100

Training Facilities = 20

Youth Facilities = 15

Stadium Capacity = 41761

16. Olympique Marseille: Not a place you’d want to take Mr. Wenger, with the poorest youth facilities of the lot. Everything else is in decent shape. Good enough for you?

Reputation = 8000

Training Facilities = 20

Youth Facilities = 12

Stadium Capacity = 60031

17. Schalke: A perfect example of the divide between Tier-1 and Tier-2 clubs. Good scores all round, but nothing outstanding. Provides you a clean slate to write its destiny.

Reputation = 7500

Training Facilities = 17

Youth Facilities = 16

Stadium Capacity = 61482

18. Ajax: Another club dragged down by its stadium. But for how long? Be its savior, its protector, its creator.

Reputation = 7250

Training Facilities = 18

Youth Facilities = 19

Stadium Capacity = 51628

19. Juventus: Looking for big fish in a small pond? Look no further. The Old Lady languishes because of the smallest stadium in Utopia, without a Delle Alpi to help out.

Reputation = 8850

Training Facilities = 18

Youth Facilities = 20

Stadium Capacity = 27550

20. Valencia: They’ve come out of the cash crisis and are now ready to take on the world. Their system produces superstars. Surely, this is a bargain.

Reputation = 8450

Training Facilities = 15

Youth Facilities = 15

Stadium Capacity = 55000

Now, you have to bid for a club with an amount not less than its base price. A second person can raise the bid, with the first raising it back and so on it continues till there is only one person bidding for the club.

An important point to note being: you can match bids, i.e., bid equal to the last bid, without going higher.

Also, if there are two people left bidding, and they want a quick resolution to the impasse; if they agree, they can PM me their final bids. Whoever’s bid’s higher, gets the club in this Tie-breaker. Anyone can jump in at any stage of the bidding.

Examples:

Sample bidding:

1. I bid 200 million for Barcelona.

2. I bid 250 million for Barcelona.

3. I bid 350 million for Barcelona.

1. I bid 420 million for Barcelona.

2. I quit.

3. I bid 450 million for Barcelona.

1. I quit.

3 gets Barcelona.

Matching Bids:

1. I bid 400 million for Barcelona.

2. I match your bid. (400 million).

1. I bid 450 million for Barcelona.

2. I match your bid. (450 million).

1. I bid 470 million for Barcelona.

2. I quit.

1 gets Barcelona.

Tie-breakers:

1. I bid 400 million for Barcelona.

3. I match your bid. (400 million).

1. I bid 450 million for Barcelona.

3. I match your bid. (450 million).

1. I want a Tie-breaker.

3 agrees.

1’s PM: 500 million

3’s PM: 480 million.

1 gets Barcelona.

2. I bid 400 million for Barcelona.

4. I match your bid. (400 million).

2. I bid 450 million for Barcelona.

4. I match your bid. (450 million).

2. I want a Tie-breaker.

4 disagrees. The bidding continues. (Here, 2 is likely to quit because he’s already had enough :D)

Hey Swagat, how long will the club bidding process take? I guess what I'm asking is when is the end of the process.

I'll keep this club auction up till all 20 people have had a chance to bid and have a club. Should happen by the end of today. The managers come next, that should be over by end of tomorrow. The player auction is the biggest process and that should hopefully be over by or before the weekend, and that is it. After that, i shift the players to your teams and we're good to go. :)

Current bid statuses:

Tier-1 clubs (Base price: 200 million)

1. Barcelona: 200 million (Dalbeider)

2. Manchester United:

3. Real Madrid: 220 million (PluckaDuck)

4. Inter:

5. America: 300 million (gavrenwick)

6. Roma:

7. Milan: 200 million (stoehrst)

8. Bayern: 200 million (Elrithal)

9. Flamengo:

10. Arsenal: 200 million (BenArsenal)

Tier-2 clubs (Base price: 100 million)

11. River Plate: 100 million (viperk1)

12. Liverpool: 150 million (Terk)

13. Benfica:

14. Spartak Moscow:

15. Chelsea: 190 million (William Hall)

16. Olympique Marseille: 105 million (jayatsena)

17. Schalke: 120 million (weeman27bob)

18. Ajax: 105 million (JonnyGabriel)

19. Juventus: 100 million (Celtic_1967)

20. Valencia:

Archived