Utopian Fantastic League (cheesiest name ever) (Sign-up): Auction thread

swagat sinha

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up people. I did a test run of Utopia. There were no player sales out of Utopia in the first season. Though the second season onwards, there were a few. Still ironing out that part. For trivia, Man United, under viper and 'Arry Redknapp's tutelage, won the first 2 titles, before Lionel Messi got Benfica the third to go along with his third straight World Player of the Year title. Utopia has already supplied 2 Champions League winning teams :D Will start as soon as I can iron out the transfers out of Utopia thing.

Just a heads up people. I did a test run of Utopia. There were no player sales out of Utopia in the first season. Though the second season onwards, there were a few. Still ironing out that part. For trivia, Man United, under viper and 'Arry Redknapp's tutelage, won the first 2 titles, before Lionel Messi got Benfica the third to go along with his third straight World Player of the Year title. Utopia has already supplied 2 Champions League winning teams :D Will start as soon as I can iron out the transfers out of Utopia thing.

Can't even remember how much I spent on Leo, but only for this it's already soooo worth it :thup:.

Excellent. :)

Did the future transfers/massive buy out clause idea not work?

Teams like Man United and Chelsea spent their entire budgets on single players.

One thing, will we get to choose the tactics for our team? Or will they just be AI default?

As you wish. I can set your teams' default tactics to the ones you wish to have, or let the manager decide (who keeps changing depending on the match)

Only two? Who won the other one?

Benfica - Dalbeider - Bielsa

Come on Martin! I'll sack him soon.

You were 3rd every time :D

I'll start the official save today. The issues have been ironed out, due to a piece of software called FMRTE :D

I'm planning on reporting the frendlies as well, to enable you all to make changes to the tactics if you so desire. :)

Sorry for the delay people. Was a little occupied with filling forms of various colleges and sending datasheets :)

So here's the deal: All of the story from my part will be done in the form of news reports, including match reports. You can post yourself as well, if you want to add any subplot, or tell us more about the character, slang mud on the rivals, make rivals. Basically, have fun. :)

Here goes then:

Cyborg General Declares Independence

April 1, 2009

In a sensational development, a cyborg General has declared himself the ruler of a new country. General Utopus, a cyborg developed in a military experiment, has declared himself the ruler of a new tract of land which rose out of the sea last week due to global warming. This land, just off the coast of England, has been gaining a lot of attraction as a tourist place lately due to the unusual circumstances of its creation. It is expected to gain a lot more attention now that the robotic General has declared it his fiefdom.

“It shall be called Utopia,” said the man-machine. “It will be a paradise free from all vices. No crime, no unpunished handballs, no errant referees, no clubs going into administration. It will be every footballer’s dream.” The general seemed keen to impress Utopia’s benefits to footballers, as he made a direct plea to them. “Footballers, managers, coaches of the world; I ask you to come over to Utopia and experience an adventure as never before. There is no infrastructure in place as of now. But very soon, I shall be bringing in someone far more experienced than me in running an operation of this sort. We will make it a whole new ball game, while retaining the old ball game!”

This development seems to have sent shockwaves around the entire footballing fraternity. Most players seemed reluctant to comment on this development, and said they’d wait for a decision from their respective FA’s. Diego Maradona, however, was quick to offer an opinion. “If this Utopus chap wants to put me in charge of the operations, I’d have to reluctantly turn it down. I think I’m onto a good thing here in Argentina, despite what you *@$%%^ media people say, and I won’t quit it for Utopia.”

Michel Platini had this to say, “With the ridiculous amounts of money being thrown about by the English clubs, this was waiting to happen. All of this is the Premier League’s fault!” he bellowed, before throwing a dart onto a Barclays Premier League dartboard and cackling maniacally.

We believe that the next few days will be keenly watched in footballing circles round the world. Only time will tell as to how serious Utopia and its ruler are about setting up a footballing paradise.

Good start to this, swag - but I'd say you'd do better if you made a new thread for the actual story.

Hmm, I was thinking of that, decided to continue here as all the banter was here itself. No problem, making a new thread will probably make it easier. Asking General Utopus to make a new thread :)

General Terkus, please close this thread :)

Link to the story thread:

http://forums.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4933581

Archived